Lets [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lets

Ziros
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
a)How come they did away with net cord people to pick up lets?
b)How come quite often you hear an audible noise as the ball goes over the net that could only really be the sound of the ball clipping the net and yet nothing is called?

Lopez
09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
a) Well it wasn't the safest job to be honest. The machine is better, even if it might be too sensitive.
b) Some microphone issues probably

To be honest, I'd like to see them try to play with no lets once. Just to see how it goes. I think it might be more interesting.

Pratik
09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
a) Well it wasn't the safest job to be honest. The machine is better, even if it might be too sensitive.
b) Some microphone issues probably

To be honest, I'd like to see them try to play with no lets once. Just to see how it goes. I think it might be more interesting.

Watch WTT :shrug:
Doubles especially. On a let, even the player the net can return serve. :superlol:

Pratik
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
a)How come they did away with net cord people to pick up lets?
b)How come quite often you hear an audible noise as the ball goes over the net that could only really be the sound of the ball clipping the net and yet nothing is called?

The system they use currently is more accurate. The sensor picks up vibrations of the net, and makes a beep whenever there are too many vibrations.
Although, this is not 100% accurate. At times, the ball passes just over the net and the sensor still beeps.