Rate and summerise your favourite players US Open performance [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rate and summerise your favourite players US Open performance

nazzac
09-11-2012, 06:47 AM
So the last Slam of the year is over. Now you can refelect on your favourite player or players US Open performance. 10 being great and 0 being crap.

Okay, here's mine.

Tsonga: 1/10
1 word, Shit. 2nd round isn't acceptable, and he was crap in doing so. Disapointing US Open for Jo.

Del Potro: 6/10
He did what was expected of him really. Came up against Nole in the Quarter Finals, and couldn't do anything because Nole was playing great in that match. Wasn't too convincing leading up to the quarter finals, but he did what was expected of him.

manadrainer
09-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Federer 5/10: quarters is the minimum result for Fed. Extended his qf streak but should have done a lot better IMO. Watching how everyone's played the semis and finals, he had a shot at the title. However I knew before the match berdych would be tough for him to get through, 4 days off didn't help him either.

Too happy about the rest of the season to complain though! :)

tripwires
09-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Roger: Underwhelming. Berdych is always a tough opponent for him but the way he played that match had 2010/2011 written all over it. He could have and should have done better, but I can't ask for more from him as a fan after the incredible summer he gave us. :hearts:

acionescu
09-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Rafa was outstanding this USO, not even a single UE :p

delpiero7
09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Del Potro: 6/10

As stated in the first post, did what was expected by reaching the QF and losing to Djokovic. Other than the final 2 sets against Roddick, he wasn't convincing at all during the tournament.

Ferrer: 8.5/10

Excellent tournament for Pics. Obviously getting the #4 seed meant he was projected to get to the SF, but his performance in getting there was great. Won 5 of 6 tiebreaks aswell (including a 14-12 TB and an 11-9 TB) which is impressive. Gets an extra half point for annoying the haters even further.

Roddick 7.5/10

Brought back some form from pre-2008 after announcing his retirement. He seemed to dig out that old FH from a dusty cupboard somewhere in place of the puffball he had been hitting the past couple of years. Wasn't truly expected to beat Del Potro, but he made it damn interesting for 2 sets. At least he didn't go out pushing.

Harrison 5/10

Did well to get past R1 given his awful form coming into the tournament. Was never expected to beat Delpo in R2 though.

Mardy Fish 6/10

R4 was his ceiling given his draw, and obviously he had to pull out due to health concerns. Still, he registered 3 wins prior to that, including bouncing Davydenko from 0-2 down in R2.

Tsonga 0.5/10

Everyone was looking forward to a Tsonga - Murray QF from when the draw was made. He might have registered a couple of points if he went out to a dangerous floating unseeded player, but Klizan? Please.

Slade
09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Fed Clown: 3/10
Like tripwires said, an appearance from 2010/2011 Fedclown, not great on the eyes. Vintage FedError. I mean losing to Bird SHIT after he tried choking? I can't...

Ferrer: 9/10
After leading 5*-2 and play being canceled I was excited. It was the first time ever I felt like David had an actual chance winning a grand slam. Sure the feeling was misleading but it was great. Throughout the tournament he didn't even play well, though he peaked near the end but ended badly against Djoko.

Djokovic (in the final): 5/10
His adaptability really disappointed me.

sportstennis
09-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Nadal 's gamesmanship

Certinfy
09-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Berdych - 8/10. Played great all tournament just got screwed by the conditions.

Murray - 9/10. Didn't play his best for most the tournament but mentally he was great every round.

Tsonga - 1/10. No need for an explanation.

Del Potro - 5/10. Put up a good fight agains Djokovic, but still lacking his complete game.

Monfils and Soderling - 0/10. :bigcry: :awww:

venky91
09-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Federer- 5/10 Very disappointed in Federer. If he could have gotten past Berdych, he would have won this tournament. He played awful in the Quarters. But you can't win them all.

STUHL
09-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Kohli - 8/10

Good fighting during his Matches. Gave it up a little in the end against a great tipsy. :)

Johnbert
09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
fed 5/10. quarterfinal was the minimum. awful performance against birdmen. wasted a huge chance for #18...

roddick 8/10. a worthy last tournament before he retired :bigcry:

Mark Lenders
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Del Potro - 7

Good tournament. Went as far as he could go given his current condition.

Berdych - 9

Was not allowed to be in the final, but played more than well enough to be there.

Tsonga - :stupid:

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :facepalm:

Seriously, WTF?

Cilic - 6

Very good tournament overall, but the mother of all chokes against Murray leaves a very bitter taste, very bitter.

Nishikori - 6

Played decently, lost to an on-fire Cilic in R3.

Djokovic - 8

Good tournament, just unlucky with the conditions in the final.

Young 8
09-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Sean Connery 10

He broke Murray's curse

uxyzapenje
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Tipsarevic - 9/10

Defended his points from last year, beat who he should beat, played his best tennis in the QF and was a part (and a big reason for happening) of the match of the tournament. If only he could hold after 4-2 or break at 4-1* 30-0 in the 5th...

Djokovic - 8/10

Good tournament, was looking great, probably would win if it wasn't for the wind, but he adapts so poorly to it, he deserved to lose.

Burrow
09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Llodra: 4/10
Malisse: 10/10 "We get 20 seconds, Nadal gets 45 seconds"

Looner
09-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Roger is around 5/10 for me.

He did OK but he just had the bad luck of playing his worst QF match up when he seemed to have lost some rhythm on a pathetically slow court (for USO standards). I can't fault him too much because of one loss but he could have turned it around eventually prevailed.

:worship: :bowdown: :rocker2:

chewy
09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Kei - 5/10
I like the fact he was fit and healthy, plus winning comfortably in the first and second round like he should.
But losing too early(credit to Cilic though) and couldn't take advantage of a relatively good draw.

Del Potro - 6.5/10
Decent results but still waiting and expecting him to break through again.

Ferrer - 8/10
Overall I'm really impressed, reminds me why I support him and I'm still hoping to watch his full QF match against Tipsy.
It would've been 9/10 if he made the final and a 10/10 would've been amazing.

TigerTim
09-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Murray 10/10
He won :shrug: can't ask for more

Ferrer 8/10
great effort, and took a set of Novak as well

Almgaro 4/10
cakewalk to round 4, then crushed, poor effort

finishingmove
09-11-2012, 12:21 PM
No-one's got more plates from the US Open than Djokovic.

sukiiiiiiit haters

tennizen
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
No-one's got more plates from the US Open than Djokovic.

sukiiiiiiit haters

Needs one more final loss to match Fed's RG plates.

DemiCrayanhan
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Roger - may as well have skipped it.

Nadal - well, he did skip it.

I'm wiping out this shitty USO from memory as I type this.

mcnasty
09-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Federer 7: can't be too disappointed as he was up against a nemesis who was on his game

Almagro 7: had a feeling Berdych would get back at him after the bad blood at Melbourne

Gasguet 8: resigned to the fact that he'll always be a 2nd tier player

Nishikori 8: was clearly overmatched by a rejuvenated Cilic

The Prince
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Cedrik-Marcel Stebe - 7/10 - Did great to beat Troicki. Should have beaten Zemlja but at least he's winning grand slam matches.

David Goffin - 4/10 - Gave a decent account of himself to trouble Berdych for one and a half sets. Could have arguably been in a more fortuitous position, but that's tennis. By no means that bad, though.

Moose Limb
09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Roger is around 5/10 for me.

He did OK but he just had the bad luck of playing his worst QF match up when he seemed to have lost some rhythm on a pathetically slow court (for USO standards). I can't fault him too much because of one loss but he could have turned it around eventually prevailed.

[/B]
:worship: :bowdown: :rocker2:

YEAH, I'm sure it was all his doing, It's not like Berdych played well or anything.

TBkeeper
09-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Davydenko 4/10 ... he reverted some of his old self back but only for 2 sets ... he should've beaten Mardy and have an EPIC (choking time like only he knows against fed) in the 4th round !
Federer 5/10 ... QF's good because he's continuing the streak but he should've played Davy in 4th round THUS getting some rhythm and spank Davy and Berdych ... to defend his SF :)

nazzac
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I forgot about Nishikori in my OP.

Nishikori: 7/10
Great in the first 2 rounds. Lost to an on form Cilic.

NID
09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
djokovic 8
played well until the sf, then a combination of his petulance and some bad weather made him play 3 sets on sunday. did not adapt too well on monday, wasted a lot of chances in the first two sets and ran out of gas. still, another final, but only 1 title out of 4 finals at the uso.

murray 9
the good - finally a gs. the bad - struggled through a couple of rounds, was jittery throughout and even in the final, two sets up, he struggled. a win's a win, especially for him. should be more relaxed in the next slams.

del potro 8
unlucky to land in novak's quarter. hopefully he remains injury free and continues his ascent.

berdych 9
unleashed his hate and disrespect in the quarters. shit luck to get windy saturday against a player he matches up well otherwise. instead of finals, he was a piece of the jigsaw that came together for muzza. next time, perhaps?

tsonga
ugh

ballbasher101
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Murray gets a perfect 10. The Highlander finally came up trumps.
The Djoker gets a 9. He fought like a lion in the final.
Roger gets a 6. Ran into big bird on top form.

JoWillyTso
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Tsonga: 1/10
Not good at all. He managed a Wimbledon Semi-Final without playing well but 2nd round? Come on. He has lots of points to defend. I really hope he improves next year and becomes STRONGA one more.

Murray: 10/10
Big tournament for him. Hopefully now the floodgates will open and he'll have more confidence in future semis/finals which he should be reaching all the time. The best part was he didn't even play his best. Mentally he was good, particularly during the final (start of the 5th set was amazing) and that's what won him the tournament. If he can carry this confidence and new found mentality while playing well then he can become world no.1 and multislam champion.

motorhead
09-11-2012, 07:19 PM

:haha:

Gagsquet
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Malisse the legend :rocker2:

wackykid
09-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Federer 5/10: quarters is the minimum result for Fed. Extended his qf streak but should have done a lot better IMO. Watching how everyone's played the semis and finals, he had a shot at the title. However I knew before the match berdych would be tough for him to get through, 4 days off didn't help him either.

Too happy about the rest of the season to complain though! :)

fully agree to the 5/10 and explanation for fed...

as the rest of the season so far... i'd give him 9/10... :)

regards,
wacky

Federer in 2
09-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Federer - 4/10. Very disappointing overall, but deserves some credit for the good level in the early rounds. But after all the result is what matters...

Ferrer - 8.5/10. Made the maximum out of his chance, but got screwed by the weather. Should be very proud of his QF and SF. Mental giant.
Wawrinka - 7.5/10. Did everything he could, including winning a tricky match against Darcis. Would have been 8 if he didn't fold in the 2nd against Novak.
Haas - 0.25/10. Sorry, but he has got nothing to show for the week. Fucked up what he already had in the pocket. 0.25 points for not losing in straights.

Tipsarevic - 6/10. Did what he had to do, but probably feels bad about the QF.
Roddick - 8.5/10. Great tourney to end his career, and great last match.
Nishikori - 4/10. Meh...
Murray - 9.9/10. I think 9.9 is the minimum for someone who won the title. Not 10 for Murray because of average level of tennis generally.
Goffin - 2/10. Didn't expect him to win, but his performance against Berdych was as poor as it could possibly be.
Kohlschreiber - 8/10. Great result.
Fish - can't quite rate.
Del Potro - 6.5/10. Won a tough one against Roddick. Choked the 2nd against Novak.
Young - 7/10. :shrug:

GOAT = Fed
09-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Federer - 5/10- I mean his form coming into the QF was very good but I don't even know WTF happened to him in the QF. Must have relaxed too much or something because he was spraying unforced errors left, right and down the line. Berdycherz played well but in all honesty Roger should have beaten him. What really infuriated me was that Roger came back in the match from the third set and looked the likeliest breaking in the fourth set then had just one :stupid: game and it was all over.

And for a bonus round I will do one for the player I hate

Andy Murray - 1/10- Got outplayed by Lopez, Birdych and Cilic. 'nuff said.

Roamed
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Federer: 6/10 Slightly unlucky to get Berdych but should have beaten him anyway. QF obviously bad result for him. But who cares he's had a stupendous year :D
Raonic: 7/10 Played great before capitulating to Murray. Still, on the right track. Draw-willing would be nice for him to get at least one quarter final soon.
Goffin: 6/10 Pushed Berdych in each set but would have hoped that he would win at least one. Rough draw.
Karlovic: 5/10 Bad loss but probably won't be long before we say goodbye to him anyway :sad:
Wawrinka: 7/10 Injured in loss but surpassed his seeding and absolutely pasted Dolgo.
del Potro: 7/10 Hoped for more in QFs but hope his wrist is ok.
Rafa and Robin: did not play :sad: