Novak wasted the chance of his generation [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak wasted the chance of his generation

thegreendestiny
09-11-2012, 02:31 AM
I am sure he was very capable of winning the most coveted Golden Slam this year. He had a promising start of the season by winning Melbourne. And then...

RG - lost the finals to Rafa
Wimbledon - lost SF to eventual champion Roger
Olympics - lost SF against eventual gold medalist Andy
USO - lost the finals to Andy

I was kinda rooting for him to achieve it because I did not yet live to see Graf's '88 glory. He could have been our generation's icon. Such a waste...

HKz
09-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Naw, he wasn't that close. Had he lost in the Wimbledon final and Olympics final, yeah, but as both were SF defeats, not really that noteworthy to be honest.

ballbasher101
09-11-2012, 02:36 AM
I am sure he was very capable of winning the most coveted Golden Slam this year. He had a promising start of the season by winning Melbourne. And then...

I was kinda rooting for him to achieve it because I did not yet live to see Graf's '88 glory. He could have been our generation's icon. Such a waste...

Last year was his chance. Djokovic 2.0 is gone and I suspect he will never come back. Can't wait for next year. Murray will hopefully win another major. I hope the Pony improves against the big 4 next year.

redshift36188
09-11-2012, 02:39 AM
He didn't play good enough to beat Roger in Wimbledon. But anyway all he needed was to win RG and Olympics for it to be Golden Slam in my view. Unlucky that he faced the best Rafa ever in RG and the best Murray ever in Olympics.

hipolymer
09-11-2012, 02:40 AM
It's disgusting that Nole let 31 year old has-been become the number one player in the world, and then let Murray become a slam winner. Such a waste this year. He will never get this opportunity against such a weak field again, what with Rafa coming back next year and Murray having the confidence to win more slams.

Roy Emerson
09-11-2012, 02:40 AM
He wasted 2008-2010 by just winning 1 slam.

Last year was his chance. Djokovic 2.0 is gone and I suspect he will never come back. Can't wait for next year. Murray will hopefully win another major. I hope the Pony improves against the big 4 next year.

Djokovic 2.0 is a goner. He will win 8 or maybe 9 slams. Nowhere close to a GOAT like some of his fans thought.

BigJohn
09-11-2012, 02:41 AM
No one serious predicted a CYGGS for Nole.

BroTree123
09-11-2012, 02:41 AM
It's too bad he will probably be the only one remembered as the one who lost a GS final to Murray :o

Kat_YYZ
09-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Nole fans becoming worse than Fed fans with their expectations :lol:

Nole is still leading the YTD rankings race :wavey:

Topspindoctor
09-11-2012, 03:34 AM
It's disgusting that Nole let 31 year old has-been become the number one player in the world, and then let Murray become a slam winner. Such a waste this year. He will never get this opportunity against such a weak field again, what with Rafa coming back next year and Murray having the confidence to win more slams.

Wimbledon SF was a disgusting performance against the geezer. Really had no business losing to that all serve mug.

Tag
09-11-2012, 03:38 AM
djokovic was never in contention for this achievement

non calender year grand slam (NCYGS), yes. this, no

luie
09-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Mate Novak is an overated mug ,with just one great year.

brithater
09-11-2012, 03:41 AM
If you look at the other top 4 this year...Nole was really the big loser.

10 years from now people will probably say he was this eras Hewitt.

venky91
09-11-2012, 03:42 AM

Pretty much.

Andy1402
09-11-2012, 03:53 AM
If djokovic could have achieved the calendar slam, it would have been last year. This year, he wasn't close to it. He barely won AO against rafa. And now he has lost the USO to Murray, of all people.
If anyone, it was federer who came closest to the Calender slam, for 2 consecutive years! He is the real icon.

MaratandMilos
09-11-2012, 03:55 AM
Hewitt had one GS, Djokovic has five (and counting) while still in his prime. This analogy makes no sense, he's on a completely different level in terms of skill, talent, and career accomplishments.

Tag
09-11-2012, 03:57 AM

er, djokovic and hewitt aren't similar whatsoever

careers, playing style, achievements, looks

maybe i missed the point you were making

Tag
09-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Hewitt had one GS, Djokovic has five (and counting) while still in his prime. This analogy makes no sense, he's on a completely different level in terms of skill, talent, and career accomplishments.

hewitt won 2 slams + 2 year end end championships + 80 weeks at no 1. can't fluke those numbers

otherwise agree, compare hewitt to safin, not djokovic

djokovic is (almost) on edberg/becker/wilander level

tektonac
09-11-2012, 03:58 AM

not to discredit murray, but what will people say about him?

MaratandMilos
09-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Oh and I don't see how he wasted his chance at anything. Nadal, Federer, and Murray are all incredible players in their own right and he's still right there with them (or even above them this season) despite dropping off from his 2011 2.0 level. Djokovic is a great player, but what exactly were you expecting from him...to win every GS in a row for two years? Winning half is pretty damn good.

venky91
09-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Sorry, but Djokovic had no shot against Nadal at RG, even in 2011. You don't bet against Nadal in an RG Final.

MaratandMilos
09-11-2012, 04:04 AM
hewitt won 2 slams + 2 year end end championships + 80 weeks at no 1. can't fluke those numbers

otherwise agree, compare hewitt to safin, not djokovic

djokovic is (almost) on edberg/becker/wilander level
My bad, forgot about Hewitt's USO. Still, the point stands...Djokovic is on a completely different level to Lleyton. I see him finishing with at least 8 slams by the end of his career which would put him maybe even above the level of those guys you named.

Topspindoctor
09-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Sorry, but Djokovic had no shot against Nadal at RG, even in 2011. You don't bet against Nadal in an RG Final.

I think he would have won in 2011. Nadal's clay game was so shit. This year, though, no chance. The tournament in Rome and RG Nadal was nearly at his best on clay.

Tag
09-11-2012, 04:06 AM
My bad, forgot about Hewitt's USO. Still, the point stands...Djokovic is on a completely different level to Lleyton. I see him finishing with at least 8 slams by the end of his career which would put him maybe even above the level of those guys you named.

yeah, it's a weird comparison

8 slams puts djokovic above them for sure

depending on achievements, probably above mcenroe, level with agassi

he won't beat lendl or connors though, he'll never be the dominant no1

Tag
09-11-2012, 04:09 AM
I think he would have won in 2011. Nadal's clay game was so shit. This year, though, no chance. The tournament in Rome and RG Nadal was nearly at his best on clay.

for me, nadal's best on clay was 06-08

djokovic destroyed nadal in 2011 leading up to RG. then federer served him off the court

wrong slam got sped up

brithater
09-11-2012, 04:11 AM
er, djokovic and hewitt aren't similar whatsoever

careers, playing style, achievements, looks

maybe I missed the point you were making

The point will be that Djoker just snuck in when Fed was getting old and Rafa was hurt off and on.

Just like they used to say Hewitt was only dominant because Sampras was old and Fed hadnt come along yet.

Hewitt won two slams by the way. Also achieved #1 (youngest ever still I believe) with zero weapons and played some real mother ####### to do it. So lets give Leyton some respect here. Hewitt beat Agassi in the finals of an ATP event at 16 years of age. Pull some pictures and see how scrawney he was back then. He looks like a body builder now compared to his early days on the tour. Hewitts rise in tennis is probably one of the all time most amazing events in the sport. He is not even really a favorite of mine by the way.

Thats the point I was trying to make. About how fads come and go and new generations can be delusional in terms of knowledge of past champions.

I remember last year they (the idiot commentators) where spinning him as a possible GOAT LOL. In "the industry" everyone hot at the moment has become the new possible GOAT. Its kind of disgusting now.

Novak had an amazing year last year. 10 years from now it will be remembers as much as Wilanders big year. Who can tell me that year?:rolleyes:

Topspindoctor
09-11-2012, 04:14 AM
for me, nadal's best on clay was 06-08

djokovic destroyed nadal in 2011 leading up to RG. then federer served him off the court

wrong slam got sped up

Yes, thus I said "nearly". 2006-2008, especially 2008, he was beast. Nobody will ever reach that level on clay IMO. In 2011, was Djokers huge chance to take RG. In 2012, Nadal was too good/more confident after MC/Rome, while Djoker was not as good.

brithater
09-11-2012, 04:15 AM
not to discredit murray, but what will people say about him?

Murray is easy to predict.

10 years from now Murray will be thought of as a poor mans Justin Gimelstob. :)

rocketassist
09-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Nadal's best clay stuff I reckon was 2007.

he beat Nole with an absolutely destructive scoreline- 7-5 6-4 6-2, in the semis. I never thought he'd lose to Novak on clay after that.

Plus Davydenko played an absolute worldie of a match in Rome and STILL couldn't get it done. Nadal then was a clay machine.

theseth1119
09-11-2012, 04:17 AM

Tag
09-11-2012, 04:18 AM
The point will be that Djoker just snuck in when Fed was getting old and Rafa was hurt off and on.

Just like they used to say Hewitt was only dominant because Sampras was old and Fed hadnt come along yet.

Hewitt won two slams by the way. Also achieved #1 (youngest ever still I believe) with zero weapons and played some real mother ####### to do it. So lets give Leyton some respect here. Hewitt beat Agassi in the finals of an ATP event at 16 years of age. Pull some pictures and see how scrawney he was back then. He looks like a body builder now compared to his early days on the tour. Hewitts rise in tennis is probably one of the all time most amazing events in the sport. He is not even really a favorite of mine by the way.

Thats the point I was trying to make. About how fads come and go and new generations can be delusional in terms of knowledge of past champions.

I remember last year they (the idiot commentators) where spinning him as a possible GOAT LOL. In "the industry" everyone hot at the moment has become the new possible GOAT. Its kind of disgusting now.

Novak had an amazing year last year. 10 years from now it will be remembers as much as Wilanders big year. Who can tell me that year?:rolleyes:

djokovic didn't 'sneak in'

he's been breaking the door down since us open 07/aus open 08 (still his most aggressive and effective tennis btw)

then he had that mental breakdown with his coach and fannied around with shit racquets for 2 years

i respect hewitt for what he achieved. however, he was both a product and victim of his own time. increases in racquet technology, the slowing down of courts, and less guys serving and volleying made him redundant

wilander's year was the ultimate one off, he completely faded away after that. djokovic has had, by most standards, an excellent year

theseth1119
09-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Djokovic's 2012 kind of similar to Rogie's 2008, better overall, but GS-wise: Rogie 2008 AO SF, FO F, Wimby F, and USO title; Djokovic 2012 AO title, FO F, Wimby SF, and USO F. Each had 1 title, 2 finals, and 1 SF, not bad at all.

Litotes
09-11-2012, 04:32 AM
Djokovic's 2012 kind of similar to Rogie's 2008, better overall, but GS-wise: Rogie 2008 AO SF, FO F, Wimby F, and USO title; Djokovic 2012 AO title, FO F, Wimby SF, and USO F. Each had 1 title, 2 finals, and 1 SF, not bad at all.

And both missed out on a medal in an Olympic year.

swebright
09-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Nole 2.0 is forever gone. It's official.......

SheepleBuster
09-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Novak is done. The fact is he is going to go down as the bum who gave Murray his first slam. A guy who was reeling after being 2 sets up and Nole got tired. That's it. He got tired. He quit. Even Ivan Lendl said it after the match. It's over. His career is permanently damaged.

Tag
09-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Novak is done. The fact is he is going to go down as the bum who gave Murray his first slam. A guy who was reeling after being 2 sets up and Nole got tired. That's it. He got tired. He quit. Even Ivan Lendl said it after the match. It's over. His career is permanently damaged.

didn't hear djokovic mentioning retirement in his presser

last i checked, he's still no1 in the race, is in pole position to finish Year End no1 due to his poor performance at the end of last season, and can win another Year End Championship to prove his first wasn't a fluke

lets not even talk about the austrlian open, where he's chasing a 4th title (joint record) and three in a row (never been done)

grahampros
09-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Naw, he wasn't that close. Had he lost in the Wimbledon final and Olympics final, yeah, but as both were SF defeats, not really that noteworthy to be honest.

Agreed. It was never really in the cards. He's just not in the GOAT category. Great player and amazing season last year, but this isnt turning out to be a run to GOAT status.

rocketassist
09-11-2012, 04:54 AM

Did he? I doubt he'd say that.

SheepleBuster
09-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Did he? I doubt he'd say that.

Go check. ... Lendl's quote after the match. He said Murray wanted it more in the 5 set ... implying Novak basically quit. Whatever. I agree with him. Congrats to the lad. He deserves it. It's not his fault his opponent is overrated.

Zelyony
09-11-2012, 05:06 AM
:facepalm: He was never close in RG final, Wimbledon SF and Olympic. Fed 06 07 09 was even closer.

bobbynorwich
09-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Note to Nole: Forget juicing your body in a hyperbolic egg, instead spend some time practicing in a swirling wind tunnel.

:wavey:

brithater
09-11-2012, 05:11 AM
I predict Novak will follow in Wilanders footsteps and retire next year. Then in about three years he will try and make a comeback and hang around the top 30 level in the rankings.

Novaks done. It was a fluke. He is not fit enough and does not have the mental fortitude to hang with mental warrior beast hybrids like Andy Murray. He was lucky last year in that he only had to deal with second rate players like Nadal and Has beens (Federer....hello!). This year has been different. With Andy showing his potential and thoughtful tacticians like Berdych breaking through Novak will be pushed out of the top 20 by the end of next year.

Oh well....it was a fun little ride. Now its time for the little boys to step aside and let real men like Murray take the sport in a new direction!

Tag
09-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Go check. ... Lendl's quote after the match. He said Murray wanted it more in the 5 set ... implying Novak basically quit. Whatever. I agree with him. Congrats to the lad. He deserves it. It's not his fault his opponent is overrated.

that's different

suggesting that djokovic threw the towel in tonight, not that his career's over and won't recover after this loss

Tag
09-11-2012, 05:13 AM
I predict Novak will follow in Wilanders footsteps and retire next year. Then in about three years he will try and make a comeback and hang around the top 30 level in the rankings.

Novaks done. It was a fluke. He is not fit enough and does not have the mental fortitude to hang with mental warrior beast hybrids like Andy Murray. He was lucky last year in that he only had to deal with second rate players like Nadal and Has beens (Federer....hello!). This year has been different. With Andy showing his potential and thoughtful tacticians like Berdych breaking through Novak will be pushed out of the top 20 by the end of next year.

Oh well....it was a fun little ride. Now its time for the little boys to step aside and let real men like Murray take the sport in a new direction!

excellent, too good

highlighted the best bits :haha:

wackykid
09-11-2012, 05:17 AM
If anyone, it was federer who came closest to the Calender slam, for 2 consecutive years! He is the real icon.

this... fed is 1 win away in 1 finals for 2 years (2006, 2007 french) and 2 wins away for 2 finals (2009 aust, usopen) from achieving CYGS... plus at his age it's unlikely it'll happen...

djokovic still in his prime so u can't say it's "wasted" yet...

regards,
wacky

SheepleBuster
09-11-2012, 05:17 AM
that's different

suggesting that djokovic threw the towel in tonight, not that his career's over and won't recover after this loss

I think we have already seen the very best of Nole and now he will go downhill. He will win a couple of more slams at best. But now with Murray beating him here, I expect him to beat him again in the future in slams. Now there are 4 people competing for slams and not 3. Before today, Murray was a no slam wonder. Now he is a serious threat for Australia with the right draw and Wimbledon.

Tag
09-11-2012, 05:28 AM
I think we have already seen the very best of Nole and now he will go downhill. He will win a couple of more slams at best. But now with Murray beating him here, I expect him to beat him again in the future in slams. Now there are 4 people competing for slams and not 3. Before today, Murray was a no slam wonder. Now he is a serious threat for Australia with the right draw and Wimbledon.

he might be past his physical prime, possibly

but australia is his best slam, no doubt about it. nadal and murray gave it everything they had this year and he still walked away with his third AO

murray needs to improve his first serve percentage and come to the net and volley more if he wants to consistently win wimbledon

i would put djokovic as the favourite for the AO with murray in second

nadal is so-so down under, and federer doesn't have the legs anymore on that surface

brithater
09-11-2012, 05:32 AM
I think Nole fans just need to be a little more realistic here. Nole showed that he is just a little boy tonight. Its probably time for PaPa Djokavich to sit down with little Noley and have a talk about what it means to be a real man. Sometimes you have to stand up to the person across from you and show that your more of a man than they are. We saw that from Andy tonight. What we saw from Novak was a bunch of slips and falls and displays of childish boyhood behavior on court. Double faults, forhand slices, lack of aggresion, floating defensive shots...time and time again he demonstrated his inadequacies as both a tennis player and a MAN.

Shame on you Novak!

SheepleBuster
09-11-2012, 05:33 AM
he might be past his physical prime, possibly

but australia is his best slam, no doubt about it. nadal and murray gave it everything they had this year and he still walked away with his third AO

murray needs to improve his first serve percentage and come to the net and volley more if he wants to consistently win wimbledon

i would put djokovic as the favourite for the AO with murray in second

nadal is so-so down under, and federer doesn't have the legs anymore on that surface

I don't know. Murray still had chances to win that AO match. He has a break point at 5-5 in the fifth but I feel he did not believe. Now that he believes, the reign of Nole is over. This is coming from a Murray hater. But that's just the way it is. Murray has unlocked his potential. If he stays motivated and goes even more aggressive, I expect him to own Nole on grass and even clay and be very close to him on hard courts.

Topspindoctor
09-11-2012, 05:36 AM
I lol'd.

The bandwagoning is ridiculous. Mandy is 25 years old, ffs, not a young boy who just broke through. He just squeaked by Nole to win a slam with favorable scheduling. What makes people think he'll turn into a slam winning machine? The guy is prone to upsets, has many flaws in his game to make him a constant threat - not even bringing up RG into equation, he's a clay clown.

SheepleBuster
09-11-2012, 05:38 AM
I lol'd.

The bandwagoning is ridiculous. Mandy is 25 years old, ffs, not a young boy who just broke through. He just squeaked by Nole to win a slam with favorable scheduling. What makes people think he'll turn into a slam winning machine? The guy is prone to upsets, has many flaws in his game to make him a constant threat - not even bringing up RG into equation, he's a clay clown.

I agree. I think he might not win slams but if he meets Nole in semis, he might keep him from winning more ... who knows. I'd like Rafa to come back 100% and Roger to get his shit together so we can have a much better 2013. Berdych impressed me too. In clear weather, he'd have Murray beat.

Allez
09-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Please a golden slam was never happening. Murray was due a breakthrough this year.

tennis2tennis
09-11-2012, 05:49 AM

not even close

tennis2tennis
09-11-2012, 05:54 AM
I lol'd.

seriously federer is what 31, with 17 majors to his name and a bunch of unbreakable records nicely placed in his pocket...he's in the mix and still winning at a time when most of his peers are retiring or dropped out of the top 30; I'd say he's got his shit together...just don't expect 24 year old federer to make many appearances

Aloevera
09-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Nole has done well this year to get close to achieving NCYGS at FO and winning another USO. He's a bit unfortunate in the end to win just one major, losing to other members of the Top 4. His status as King of HC is tarnished. 5 RU plates in Cincy and 3 RU plates in USO.

I think we need to wait longer to see a player that is strong enough to win CYGS and lucky enough to win gold + WTF on the same year (Graf didn't win YEC).

Fed fordawin
09-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Yeah he was only 3 slams and the olympics away from the golden slama, how unlucky can he be?:confused::(

finishingmove
09-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Nadal denied him the CYGS in 2008 and 2012.

2016 is still doable.

Looner
09-11-2012, 08:30 AM

:haha:. Suck it, Nol3tard. He didn't let anything happen. He was spanked.

zdravkelja
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
He did 1/5 of the job... Far from close.

Young 8
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
It's too bad he will probably be the only one remembered as the one who lost a GS final to Murray :o

Murray will retire with more Slams than Djokovic

Hypnotize
09-11-2012, 10:21 AM
People are overlooking the fact this defeat could potentially be good for Novak. He hasn't been able to match his level from last year but this should make him all the more motivated to come back stronger next year.

He made fools out of the people who wrote him off before 2011 and I see no reason why he can't do it again. ;)

MaxPower
09-11-2012, 10:44 AM
He forever tainted his legacy by being the player that allowed Murray to win a grandslam.

First he dodged a bullet by not being the player that allowed Ferrer into a GS Final. But he couldn't reload for the second time. In fact his legs was a bit out of power in the final but that's gonna be forgotten just like it was windy.

I hope he can recover from this. Still might need the serbs services if Nadal comes back. Djokovic and his egg powers are still one of the best antidotes, just not on windy days

GOAT = Fed
09-11-2012, 10:57 AM

This.

Shinoj
09-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Lol.. There some Scot Army Building here.

Roy Emerson
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Agree. Maybe Djokovic wins 3 more slams max. No more. He won't win more than 8 slams in total. Murray won't let him. And there are still Federer and Nadal to stop Djokovic at Wimbledon and Roland Garros respectively.

Beat
09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
i don't understand how he "wasted a chance" ... you make it sound like he was close to the golden slam, when in fact he only won one.

SheepleBuster
09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Agree. Maybe Djokovic wins 3 more slams max. No more. He won't win more than 8 slams in total. Murray won't let him. And there are still Federer and Nadal to stop Djokovic at Wimbledon and Roland Garros respectively.

I think Murray might win 3 more, and Nole might win 3 more. But I can't see more than that. Nole and Murray are not too young anyway. The good news for them is the next generation is so pathetic so we shall see when people like Raonic start pushing. Maybe in 2015

Johnbert
09-11-2012, 12:44 PM
which "wasted chance"?! :confused:

fed was 2 times 1 win away from the cygs. also would have won the artificial grand slam if he wouldn't fucked up the ao- or uso 2009 final. that's what i call a wasted chance :o

Coolio_Jack
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Yea, with "just" one of the best seasons in history, what a loser :rolleyes:

hisham70
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
So what? Nole has an impressive track record in 2011. You can't really expect him to be as consistent as Roger Federer during his prime, he's a legend. Murray wasted many many chances at slams final too.

Houstonko
09-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't know. Murray still had chances to win that AO match. He has a break point at 5-5 in the fifth but I feel he did not believe. Now that he believes, the reign of Nole is over. This is coming from a Murray hater. But that's just the way it is. Murray has unlocked his potential. If he stays motivated and goes even more aggressive, I expect him to own Nole on grass and even clay and be very close to him on hard courts.

I think u talk too early, djokovic is not finished yet. This is only 1 match, we'll see after 2 yrs. At the beginning of this year nobody think Federer can win a slam and become no.1 when djokovic and nadal is rallying with fitness.

Lets see how murray deal with top form of nadal, djoker and feddy. Djokovic this year isn't good, experimenting shortcut tennis which is not his strength, didnt want to work like last year, he isn't as talented as fed to shorten points.

E-r-i-c
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Djokovic is really unlucky this year since his grandpa passed away.
Since then, blue clay, rome rain, RG final with chances stopped by rain, Wimbledon SF with Fed, so rubbish schedule for him at USO. He did not collapse in the 5th but he is really tired because he did not rest one day. plus windy.

G4.
09-11-2012, 02:45 PM
i don't understand how he "wasted a chance" ... you make it sound like he was close to the golden slam, when in fact he only won one.

he was, because Nadal wasn't playing his best tennis in the RG final.

Hypnotize
09-11-2012, 02:50 PM
At least you can take comfort in knowing, you will never be "overrated". ;)

duarte_a
09-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Since then, blue clay, rome rain, RG final with chances stopped by rain, Wimbledon SF with Fed, so rubbish schedule for him at USO. He did not collapse in the 5th but he is really tired because he did not rest one day. plus windy.

First of all what's the unlucky part in the Wimbledon semis?!

Secondly, saves MPs in 2 USO semis and this year's RG quarters. nadal missed an easy BH to go up 40-15 4-2 in the 5th set.

djokovic's lucky moments far surpass his unlucky moments. He still has to have a lot bad luck to even things out.

Johnbert
09-11-2012, 02:53 PM
he was, because Nadal wasn't playing his best tennis in the RG final.

?

even if he would've won rg this year, he would've only won 2 out of 5 tournaments to win the golden slam. that's not even close...

TigerTim
09-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Nadal had a better chance in 08

he just got blown off the court by Tsonga and Murray though

:shrug:

G4.
09-11-2012, 02:59 PM
?

even if he would've won rg this year, he would've only won 2 out of 5 tournaments to win the golden slam. that's not even close...

Wimbledon 2011, USO 2011, Australian Open 2012, RG 2012

G4.
09-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Stop the excuses, since RG he has not beaten a top 4 player, losing to Nadal, Fed twice and Murray twice.

TBkeeper
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Murray to surpass the slam count of mr.Fakerbitch !!! (I've always kinda liked Murray but not much ... congratulations to him for his first slam) !
Nadal to bounce back nearly as strong as 2010 !!! (i now actually kinda begin to like Nadal cause i understood that Fakerbitch is far worse than him ... at least Nadal has fighting spirit and unique style ...)
Federer to win his 18th slam in 2013 (enterning some JesusFed form in HIS ONLY final in the next year) !

SO I PREDICT
1 slam for Murray (AO or WO or USO)
2 slams for Nadal (AO or FO or WO)
1 slam for Fed (FO or WO or USO)
Lensuser dropping to number 4 ! :)

DuMa
09-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Nole peaked too early in 2011. He had one great year and but now hes just another regular top 4 player.

Mountaindewslave
09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
He didn't play good enough to beat Roger in Wimbledon. But anyway all he needed was to win RG and Olympics for it to be Golden Slam in my view. Unlucky that he faced the best Rafa ever in RG and the best Murray ever in Olympics.

that definitely was no where NEAR the best Nadal on clay at Roland Garros, don't be delusional..... way worse than his 2005/2006/2007/2008/2010 clay forms

brithater
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Djokavich is tired and needs to get some sleep. Too many slices and not aggressive enough. Hell is took two sets for him to wake up. He peaked with the Delpotro match and that was all she wrote. Novak was lucky to get through the semifinal against Ferrer. Maybe Ferrer's best chance to win a major at the US Open this year. Very sad for David.

G4.
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Ferrer would have lost in straight sets, Murray is a horrible matchup for him

duong
09-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I thought the title meant that he missed the chance of his generation by allowing Murray, who's the same age as him, to get rid of his slam complex then get the confidence to be a big competitor against him in next years.

THAT may be partly true.

Ferrer would have lost in straight sets, Murray is a horrible matchup for him

I know people in this forum believe/dream that Ferrer is only a "consistent player" who beats only lower ranked players (which is statistically completely wrong) but just to remind the truth, the H2H is only 6-5

Federer in 2
09-12-2012, 09:25 PM
1/5 on his way to the Golden Slam. Whoa almost made it! :eek:

:facepalm:

stewietennis
09-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Wimbledon 2011, USO 2011, Australian Open 2012, RG 2012

This isn't a calendar grand slam

luie
09-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Murray is the best player of his generation Not Novak.
I placed nadull in the previous generation

Cereal Killer
09-13-2012, 12:00 AM
He didn't miss this opportunity. He was never close to winning all 5. And no, he wasn't unlucky either, he simply wasn't good enough.

Federer in 2
09-13-2012, 12:17 AM
The way I see it, Federer wasted a huge chance at Calendar year Grand Slam in 2011 :shrug:

- Choked away the 2nd set against Novak in AO.
- Blew a 5-2 lead against Nadal in RG.
- Choked against Tsonga.
- Wasted MPs in USO.

Such a missed opportunity :facepalm:

Topspindoctor
09-13-2012, 02:02 AM
The way I see it, Federer wasted a huge chance at Calendar year Grand Slam in 2011 :shrug:

- Choked away the 2nd set against Novak in AO.
- Blew a 5-2 lead against Nadal in RG.
- Choked against Tsonga.
- Wasted MPs in USO.

Such a missed opportunity :facepalm:

Lol. Fedtard much? Noserer had no chance ever to beat Nadal in Paris. He had to rely on knee injury to fluke his RG. I think 4-0 in RG finals confirms it.

Sham Kay
09-13-2012, 02:30 AM
seriously federer is what 31, with 17 majors to his name and a bunch of unbreakable records nicely placed in his pocket...he's in the mix and still winning at a time when most of his peers are retiring or dropped out of the top 30; I'd say he's got his shit together...just don't expect 24 year old federer to make many appearances

So tell me. What was the thought process behind quoting one of Tdoc's obsessive Murray love notes, and then start talking about Federer?

Sham Kay
09-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Nole wasted nothing this year. Won the matches he should win, lost the matches he deserved to lose. His peak level had pretty much fell away this time last year, and he has done incredibly well to have won a slam and done so well at the other slams this year.

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 03:47 AM
Lol. Fedtard much? Noserer had no chance ever to beat Nadal in Paris. He had to rely on knee injury to fluke his RG. I think 4-0 in RG finals confirms it.
OMG I love the name Noserer! It's adorable and I'm using it!! Thanks!

Shinoj
09-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I have to say that Had Novak Taken his Own "Bathroom Break" in the fifth Set. Things could have been much different.