How many US Opens will Djokovic finish his career with? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How many US Opens will Djokovic finish his career with?

Ash86
09-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Odd that despite how much better than the rest Novak is meant to be on Hard Courts he has the same number of US Opens as Nadal, Murray and Del Potro. Has lost in finals to Federer, Murray and Nadal at the US Open.

How many more will he win? A surface that suits him a lot and yet in the end he's not won that much so far.

sexybeast
09-11-2012, 01:48 AM
I think he might get a 2nd one, but it wont be easy. He lost to all of his great rivals in finals now.

It is pretty amazing that we have 5 different Usopen winners the last 5 years in this very dominated era.

Could we get someone like Berdych next year?

I doubt it, but it would be fun.

Johnny Groove
09-11-2012, 01:49 AM
3 USO finals lost, same as Sampras, Tilden, and McLoughlin. I think he'll win at least 1 more.

Mistik
09-11-2012, 01:51 AM
2 more, at least.
and...
One wimby
Two more AO
AND 1 Roland Garros!!!

I would be more than happy with that... :)

hadouken!
09-11-2012, 02:00 AM
1-3 Record at USO. Not very good

TigerTim
09-11-2012, 02:02 AM
He will win another 1 at least

makes 6

another 2 Aussie

makes 8

and at least 1 French

makes at least 9

HKz
09-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Technically US Open surface does suit him, however, AO surface suits him much more. He likes the slower high bouncing hardcourts. Despite what everyone says, IMO I still think US Open is the quickest of the 4 slams right now. Wimbledon is perhaps close, but movement on grass is much more the issue for Novak perhaps. So his US Open record isn't really that surprising considering yes, he is better than everyone else on hardcourts, but against players like Federer and Murray, if they were all to play their best, Novak would lose to them more often than not. AO, however, obviously a different story.

IOFH
09-11-2012, 02:07 AM
1-3 Record at USO. Not very good

Better than 1-0.

Benny_Maths
09-11-2012, 02:07 AM
He's still young and has been the best HC player over the past few years. So he'll probably win at least one more, hard to say how many though because things can change so quickly and turn on the smallest of margins. After Fed won a 5th straight US Open it seemed almost inevitable that he'd win a 6th at some stage but we know how that has turned out.

ImmzB
09-11-2012, 02:08 AM
2-3.

Roy Emerson
09-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Two USOs like Agassi.

Four runner up places like Agassi too.

He will win like 5 AOs.

He will win another 1 at least

makes 6

another 2 Aussie

makes 8

and at least 1 French

makes at least 9

Nine slams is my prediction as well.

2 more, at least.
and...
One wimby
Two more AO
AND 1 Roland Garros!!!

I would be more than happy with that... :)

Don't think he will win wimby again. That was a fluke.