Interesting dynamic in Murray-Djokovic [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Interesting dynamic in Murray-Djokovic

tennis_analyst
09-09-2012, 07:38 PM

The first time I watched these two play was Miami semi 2007. Djokovic won 6-1, 6-0 and Murray was so awful. He had no weapons to hurt Djokovic and I thought: why are people calling him a talent at all? he will struggle in the top 10...

late 2008 - early 2009

Three straight-set wins in a row for Murray. Especially telling was the Miami final 2009. Murray was sharp, Djokovic was sluggish, inert, apathetic. I thought: Djokovic has reached his full potential and Murray has overtaken him for good

The pair did't play each other in 2010

Djokovic completely destroys Murray in the Aus final. Again, Murray looks like he has no weapons, no power, and his movement is worse than Djokovic's

Finally, both are playing well in the same year. Aus semi was great quality, as was the Olympics semi. They split the other two matches this year: Dubai semi and Miami final

What to expect of the USO final? Great battle or one of the earlier lop-sided matches?

mcnasty
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm sure Murray will throw the kitchen sink and make a match of it. The question is will his best be good enough. Because if it isn't, you only hope the emotional scar wouldn't be so bad that he'll take a step back as a player.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Breakdown

First Serve: Murray (Djokovic far more consistance)
Second Serve: Djokovic
Forehand: Djokovic
Backhand: Pretty Even, Djokovic better cross court, Murray dtl
Volley: Murray
Slice: Murray
Movement: Djokovic
Mental: Djokovic
Fitness: Djokovic

IOFH
09-09-2012, 09:05 PM
I actually feel that Murray will come out and play well and with controlled aggression, whatever people say he almost always brings it to a match against one of the top 3 and his Slam final failures have been greatly exaggerated. I expect a very tight match, hoping it goes to a 5th set TB.

Burrow
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
What I got from this thread: You come to kneejerk conclusions.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 09:39 PM
What I got from this thread: You come to kneejerk conclusions.

Then dont post if u dont like it, Safin retired many years ago and Olderer lost.

Burrow
09-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Then dont post if u dont like it, Safin retired many years ago and Olderer lost.

You should practice what you preach.

Strange post.

And text chat on the internet died about 10 years ago, even amongst infants. :)