who wins?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01580/andymurray_1580259x.jpg

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=D643&oId=MC10
H2H: Murray 6-8 Djokovic, Murray 5-6 Djokovic on hard

One of them is going to lose

GOAT = Fed
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Djokovic def. Murray 7-6, 6-1, 6-2

ie typical Murray meltdown in a final abd tennis will be saved.

martyn
Nole in 4, sadly.

Looner
Djokovic in 4. Murray is not playing as well as Wimbledon and he's not facing Roger ie another gift to Djoker.

HDW
09-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Nole in 4

sexybeast
If the Djokovic that appeared against Ferrer will come to play against Murray tomorrow he is going to get killed.

Ofcourse a Djokovic in good form can make this a battle and maybe even win, but I say this Djokovic got no chanse on
fast courts, he wont be able to grind down Murray and Murray's varation is going to kill him.

Murray in 3 sets.

Ben D.
Andy will win. His time has come (i suppose).

iriraz
09-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Certainly Murray wouldn`t mind yesterday`s wind for another day.;)

Radar
09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Nole to make Murray cry.

Deathless Mortal
Djokovic will win, and it's not even going to be close. Murray will win his 2nd GS final set if he's lucky.

Satasonic
Djokovic in 3. The only set Murray will win in a grand slam final was the one he won against Federer, after a little mental lapse, thats it. Dont get me wrong, even though I am a proper Djokovic hater, he is still the better candidate for a grand slam title, no question about it. However, 6 grand slams does seem a little too much for such a one dimensional player as Djokovic.

Ill go with Djokovic in 3 tight, yet not that close sets: 7-5 6-4 6-3.

Saberq
If the Djokovic that appeared against Ferrer will come to play against Murray tomorrow he is going to get killed.

Ofcourse a Djokovic in good form can make this a battle and maybe even win, but I say this Djokovic got no chanse on
fast courts, he wont be able to grind down Murray and Murray's varation is going to kill him.

Murray in 3 sets.

hey mug get a grip AA is slow .....some people here

uxyzapenje
Murray will fluke 1 set

Roy Emerson
09-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Looks like the 5th runner-up plate is coming up.:o

Hope I'm wrong.

sexybeast
09-09-2012, 05:28 PM
hey mug get a grip AA is slow .....some people here

Not slow enought for Djokovic, even in AO Murray showed he can beat Djokovic.

Djokovic really is in complete grinding mode, let Ferrer push him around and waited for mistakes, they wont come from Murray.

Time Violation
09-09-2012, 05:29 PM
One of them is going to lose

finishingmove
My impression is that Djokovic played some 20-30% better than Murray this tournament.

The final is one match, of course, and it doesn't take previous matches into account.

All in all, I think Djokovic will come out on top in five sets (no less than four sets anyway), but I wouldn't be surprised if Murray wins it either.

FedGOAT
Murray to make history and take 2 sets in a GS final

rinnegan
Nole will give his haters the "hurt" in "butthurt".

kinski76
I'll pick Djoker in four and hope Murray proves me wrong. Not terribly emotionally invested in the outcome either way, I just cross my fingers for a tight and hopefully entertaining match. I like both players well enough, but they're my least favorite matchup in the top 4.

Satasonic
09-09-2012, 05:31 PM

Djokovic really is in complete grinding mode, let Ferrer push him around and waited for mistakes, they wont come from Murray.

Even though on paper they wont come for Murray, the entire forum knows the only way Murray is winning a grand slam is getting Lacko in the final of the Australian open. Even then, the title is doubtful.

NID
murray in 4 for his first gs title.

GSMnadal
Real #1 will thrash this bridesmade

Saberq
I believe in my heart Novak will win in 3 sets.Easy,hard,choking,dominating I dont know but I believe in him.Good luck Murray I am after all a good sport

Slade
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I predict a great final :lol:

tennizen
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Hard to predict-think it will be a 5-setter.

Puschkin
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Nole in 4, sadly.
Nole in 4, but not sadly.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Djokovic, 4-6 6-3 4-6 7-5 7-6(5) in 5 hours 8 minutes.

ImmzB
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Djokovic in 4.

Sri
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Andy in 3 or 4.

I would have picked Nole if it was the slow Australian Open hard court.

Slade
09-09-2012, 05:35 PM
I will die if Andy gets a 5th plate :haha:

mystic ice cube
Murray in four, winning the last 3 sets. I really believe it's his time, even if he is playing Novak in this kind of form.

sexybeast
Even though on paper they wont come for Murray, the entire forum knows the only way Murray is winning a grand slam is getting Lacko in the final of the Australian open. Even then, the title is doubtful.

No, the only reason Murray lost the final against Federer was because Federer reached godly level in the last game of the 2nd set, Murray played great the whole match but Federer found his absolute best tennis the last 3 sets.

Compare it to Federer vs Djokovic in Wimbledon where Federer played completely avarage and his forehand wasnt even working and still beat Djokovic in 4 sets.

Murray this year is up to the challenge, he wont come up with the same bullshit as in the Ao 2011 Australian Open.

luie
The asterisk filled pusher Novak might wind unfortunately. A pity these so called fans could overlook such an injustice because they don't like Murray.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 05:36 PM
No, the only reason Murray lost the final against Federer was because Federer reached godly level in the last game of the 2nd set, Murray played great the whole match but Federer found his absolute best tennis the last 3 sets.

Compare it to Federer vs Djokovic in Wimbledon where Federer played completely avarage and his forehand wasnt even working and still beat Djokovic in 4 sets.

Murray this year is up to the challenge, he wont come up with the same bullshit as in the Ao 2011 Australian Open.

grass and hard are very different for Novak I am afraid

DjokerFan3
09-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Djoker in 4! Show no mercy Nole, win your 6th slam, AJDE!

Saberq
09-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I love how Fedtards cry.My favorite thing besides Yankees losing in the playoffs.

hipolymer
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM

US Open seems slower to me this year than AO. I'm watching some AO highlights that ESPN is showing right now, and AO definitely seems faster.

Cereal Killer
Well... Novak is 1-4 against Murray on fast hard courts, but I'm not sure how fast AA actually is. Plus, this is a GS final, so you never know with Andy. If Andy plays his best Tennis he will win. If not, well...

Daeegu
If this is the best Djokovic has to offer against a very old and tired Ferrer then he will get slaughtered tomorrow, guarantee. Murray wins 6-4 7-6 6-3 :angel:

EliSter
09-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Djokovic to serve Mandy plate number 5.

EddieNero
09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
AA Stadium appears extremely slow after yesterday's showers. I'm going with Djokovic in straights and I will feel honestly surprised If Murray takes a set here.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM
If Windy, Murray in 4. If not Windy, Nole in 4. If it was just based on talent, Nole in 2 with the ref calling the match off for mercy

sexybeast
grass and hard are very different for Novak I am afraid

Different it might be, but Murray's variation will still pay off in midpaced hardcourt in USopen, Djokovic has no answer to that except grinding and pushing.

I was shocked to see how Djokovic let Ferrer be the aggressor and doesnt have the ability to play offensive tennis, he needs that to stand a chanse against Murray on faster courtts.

In AO he was playing better tennis.

Roy Emerson
All of the players who were 5 times or more runner-up in majors won at least 1 slam eventually. Certainly Murray wouldn't want to be the only tennis player in history to lose 5 or more slam finals and never win a slam.:o

Johnny Groove
09-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Hopefully Murray gets it done this time finally.

Saberq
Different it might be, but Murray's variation will still pay off in midpaced hardcourt in USopen, Djokovic has no answer to that except grinding and pushing.

I was shocked to see how Djokovic let Ferrer be the aggressor and doesnt have the ability to play offensive tennis, he needs that to stand a chanse against Murray on faster courtts.

hahaha I love this Swiss dude.So butt hurt so weak.Variation?Like slice,drop shots?My God man Novak never saw that in his life :haha:

Nole Rules
Nole in 5. Andy will be very tough to beat.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM

http://blog.adw.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/crying-baby.jpg

zcess81
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I think Nole's match with Ferrer is a perfect preparation for the match against Murray tomorrow. Nole didn't waste too much energy, and he gets to keep the rhythm for tomorrow's final. Murray had two days off, which is not always good for your game. Anyway, exhaustion will not be an issue tomorrow for neither player, which is always good. It will come down to whoever can produce their best tennis under pressure. Nole is a slight favorite, but only slight. I think Nole takes this in 4 sets, but Murray winning wouldn't be a huge upset.

Let's just hope it's not as windy as it was yesterday, because, then, it's not about tennis, it's about who can deal with the conditions better. It's all part of the game, but it is not possible to have a good match in those awful windy conditions.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Hopefully Murray gets it done this time finally.

In your dream, Rafatard :)

MalwareDie
09-09-2012, 05:47 PM
sexybeast, stop implying that Arthur Ashe plays quickly. That court plays very slowly, and it is obvious that you have not watched a single match in this tournament.

zcess81
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
The asterisk filled pusher Novak might wind unfortunately. A pity these so called fans could overlook such an injustice because they don't like Murray.

So much bitterness in so few words.

DwyaneWade
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Djokovic looked good, but I'm surprised people are dismissing Murray so easily. He has a day extra rest, is a class above anything Novak has played so far (yes, even Del Potro), and is not a particularly appealing matchup for Djokovic.

Look at the head to head. It's 8-6 Novak but he won the first 4 meetings before summer 2008. Since then it's 6-4 Murray with losses being that poor AO Final, this year's Miami final (he was dreadful), on clay in the third set tiebreaker, and that epic at the AO open. Contrast that to Murray who has beaten him on grass in straights, hard on straights (Dubai, Cincyx2, Miami, Canada).

I'm picking Murray in 4.

ballbasher101
09-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Murray in 4. It is written in the stars.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Djokovic looked good, but I'm surprised people are dismissing Murray so easily. He has a day extra rest, is a class above anything Novak has played so far (yes, even Del Potro), and is not a particularly appealing matchup for Djokovic.

Look at the head to head. It's 8-6 Novak but he won the first 4 meetings before summer 2008. Since then it's 6-4 Murray with losses being that poor AO Final, this year's Miami final (he was dreadful), on clay in the third set tiebreaker, and that epic at the AO open. Contrast that to Murray who has beaten him on grass in straights, hard on straights (Dubai, Cincyx2, Miami, Canada).

I'm picking Murray in 4.

you insane bro? :haha:.......Cilic match?

Nidhogg
I see Djokovic as the favourite as Murray has everything to prove. The last thing I want to see is Muzz not keeping it together mentally. If he does that, he has a chance.

US Open seems slower to me this year than AO. I'm watching some AO highlights that ESPN is showing right now, and AO definitely seems faster.

Are you having a laugh?

SheepleBuster
If it is written in the stars, it is time for Nole to shit on the stars and win this in straight sets. I think he will win in 4 or 5. Murray is a mental midget and let's hope he stays slamless for his whole career. lol

Captain Piranha
Ah, I wish I could pick Andy. But Novak in 4 sets! It's going to hurt to see Andy runner up in 5 straight GS finals.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Ashe is slow.

Is is slower than RLA? Dunno.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
I really hope Murray can do this as I don't want to see a talented player receive what could be a fatal blow to his Slam winning career.

If Murray loses this in straights I think there will be a parallel between him and Roddick, who couldn't win Wimbledon (just as Murray can't win a Slam), then started tampering with his game and only made it worse, sending his career into a death spiral of pushing forehands and pathetic net approaches. And at least Roddick won a Slam.

Heart says Murray, head unfortunately says Djokovic. Murray needs to play the match of his life here. It is absolutely key that he goes out there believing he can win and going for his shots, like he did in Wimbledon/ Olympics. If he walks out on court afraid of going down 0-5 in Slam finals and pushing his forehand, Nole will eat him alive. It's Lendl's job to really bring this point home to him.

DwyaneWade
you insane bro? :haha:.......Cilic match?

I'm not saying Murray's form is better but he is by far a better player than Ferrer, Del Potro, etc. This isn't going to be easy for either of them and I think the matchup slightly favors Murray.

zcess81
09-09-2012, 05:52 PM
If this is the best Djokovic has to offer against a very old and tired Ferrer then he will get slaughtered tomorrow, guarantee. Murray wins 6-4 7-6 6-3 :angel:

Yes, because this old Ferrer (who is a top 5 player, by the way) has never beaten Murray or other top players before. Anyway, Nole played better against Ferrer than Murray played against Lopez and Cilic, and Ferrer is a top 5 player.

Branimir
Nole has to win

Aloevera
Payback time for Djok :armed: in 4 tight sets. Please don't let that Trollander have the last laugh.

DwyaneWade
09-09-2012, 05:53 PM
In the end tennis is about matchups and I don't think Novak is a nightmare matchup for Murray like he is for Nadal. If you thought last year's final was tough for Novak, then wait for tomorrow...

Swiss_Bagels17
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Murray in 4.

Get ready to go into Meltdown Mens Tennis Forums

:)

JurajCrane
09-09-2012, 05:55 PM
This match is more about Murray than Djokovic. Getting a 5th plate would be :embarassment: - on the other hand, winning first GS would be BIG for him.

Idk really, but I feel Djoker will win in 3.

r3d_d3v1l_
If Murray doesn´t win this, then screw it, Ferrer will have a better chance to win a slam than him in the next years.

Saberq
Nole will finish his London O revenge.First Delpo then Murray.

SheepleBuster
I have said it before and say this again. Nole is the last Guardian of Tennis. I always knew that once Federer got older, he will need someone like Nole to defend the honor of tennis, and he is going to deliver tomorrow by effectively ending Murray's career in grand slams as a contender. :)

Swiss_Bagels17
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Djokovic not having a real strong match up could play with his fitness levels coming into the final. Murray has been tested and responded not always in a pretty way (Winning Ugly to quote Brad Gilbert)

Mountaindewslave
hope to god Murray, Djokovic is so BORINGGGGGG.

obviously Murray winning his first would be a bit more exciting than Djokovic winning his 6th.... at their current forms hard to say but really just on the basis of my hopes I"ll say Murray in 4

Orka_n
Murray's best chance to win a slam yet.

He will go for the kill tomorrow like he did in the olympics final vs Fed. Let's see if it's enough this time. Should be interesting.

piksi
09-09-2012, 05:57 PM
hard not to see it go 5 sets tomorrow if Andy can keep composure.

Novak will want to avenge loss at the Olympics and he also play for an extram million bucks bonus.

Andy must be tired of collecting dinner plates. He already has 4 of them.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I have said it before and say this again. Nole is the last Guardian of Tennis. I always knew that once Federer got older, he will need someone like Nole to defend the honor of tennis, and he is going to deliver tomorrow by effectively ending Murray's career in grand slams as a contender. :)

God bless you man :D

Fed=ATPTourkilla
09-09-2012, 05:58 PM

unfortunately there is some truth to this... if murray doesn't win tomorrow the damage to him could be permanent irreversible - and with nadal coming back next year, it will get even tougher. :(

At Wimbledon you felt like he still believed, despite being 0-3 in Slam finals. We'll see quite quickly tomorrow if the belief is still there (and even if it is, Nole might knock it out of him).

Nidhogg
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Ashe is slow.

Is is slower than RLA? Dunno.

Not by a longshot. USO courts played better and quicker this year compared to last year, and Ashe wasn't as slow as some claim. Even if we compare the conditions from last year, conditions are waaaay heavier down under.

sexybeast
09-09-2012, 06:00 PM
hahaha I love this Swiss dude.So butt hurt so weak.Variation?Like slice,drop shots?My God man Novak never saw that in his life :haha:

I have a record of beeing right with my predictions, this Novak could defeat Federer because Federer cant defend anymore but he wont be able to hit throught Murray.

Against Ferrer the only really contested set in the 3rd set there were moments when he was tired and on his knees after rallying against a 30-year old, it will be like that all the time and Murray. Djokovic seems to be struggling with fatigue once again.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a record of beeing right with my predictions, this Novak could defeat Federer because Federer cant defend anymore but he wont be able to hit throught Murray.

Against Ferrer the only really contested set in the 3rd set there were moments when he was tired and on his knees after rallying against a 30-year old, it will be like that all the time and Murray. Djokovic seems to be struggling with fatigue once again.

Novak is never tired Nostradamus.Better movement,speed,FH,BH,return,mental strength.Murray has some work to do :cool:

The_Djoker
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
murray has been playing bad tennis all week. should lose but novak probably needs to win in 3 or 4. He'll struggle if it goes to 5.

zcess81
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Djokovic not having a real strong match up could play with his fitness levels coming into the final. Murray has been tested and responded not always in a pretty way (Winning Ugly to quote Brad Gilbert)

By Cilic and Lopez...real test that is.

zcess81
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
hope to god Murray, Djokovic is so BORINGGGGGG.

obviously Murray winning his first would be a bit more exciting than Djokovic winning his 6th.... at their current forms hard to say but really just on the basis of my hopes I"ll say Murray in 4

You really must miss Rafa. I miss him too, and USO has not been the same without him, but to say Nole is boring. If you were Federer fan, I can see it, but as a Rafa fan?

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
unfortunately there is some truth to this... if murray doesn't win tomorrow the damage to him could be permanent irreversible - and with nadal coming back next year, it will get even tougher. :(

At Wimbledon you felt like he still believed, despite being 0-3 in Slam finals. We'll see quite quickly tomorrow if the belief is still there (and even if it is, Nole might knock it out of him).

Yes. Losing the fifth slam final would destroy all the momentum from the Olympics. It is going to take a miracle for Murray to win a slam after tomorrow. That might involve playing the whole next year in wind or something. But Raonic is going to get better. Berdych might stick around and get lucky to play on a regular day... Murray has had a tough road to the final. It has not been a walk in the park. Lopez, Cilic, and Berdych all pushed him

EliSter
09-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Mandytards becoming agreesive even if Mandy still didnt win the title. God forbid if he does win it.

caisenma
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Ugh... I cant imagine what Murray will do if he loses in another final

sexybeast
09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Novak is never tired Nostradamus.Better movement,speed,FH,BH,return,mental strength.Murray has some work to do :cool:

Are you serious, bro?

I can see how we can have different opinions about the backhand, but Murray's returns are out of the question one of the best of all time. He can dismantle big servers any day of the week. Watch how Murray had twice the amount of services unreturned vs Federer in the Wimbledon final, Djokovic couldnt even return Federer's 2nd serve!!

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't think Murray watched the Ferrer Nole match. I think he was sent to his room like a little boy to play PS3 and try to beat Nole there.

Why So Serious?
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Ugh... I cant imagine what Murray will do if he loses in another final

Or his fans.

Better keep ropes and sharp objects away..?

The Djoker in 3.

martyn
I don't think Murray watched the Ferrer Nole match. I think he was sent to his room like a little boy to play PS3 and try to beat Nole there.

Cool story bro.

Ash86
Head says Novak. Heart says Andy. He has to step up at some point and his performances in the last few big matches, especially finals, have been very encouraging. Novak's been on a different trajectory - poor in Cincy final, poor in bronze medal match, good in Olympic SF but not as fired up as I thought he'd be and poor in Wimbledon SF. The matches we've seen his "true" self in have not been against the top 4 - easier to blow Gasquet and Ferrer off the court.

Not saying that amazing level won't come from Novak tomorrow - it very easily could. But think Murray will make a match of it. Key for him is his serve. He needs a high % and free points. He'll have chances in Novak's games but needs to limit how much Novak will attack his 2nd serve.

Really want Andy to win. He doesn't deserve a 5th runner up plate - Novak will win more so for him a loss is not devastating. A loss for Andy really would be. For the future rivalries in the top 4 - which in the next few years may come down to Novak/Andy as Fedal make their exit - it's important for Andy to enter the slam club too. Come on Andy!

rjmartin
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Epic Fail from Sky Sports :rolls:

http://i.imgbox.com/abwjfCQ8.jpg

TigerTim
Murray lacks the wepons to defeat Novak in best of 5 on slow hard.

His volleys, slice and defensive return is better yes, as is his first serve, but those arn't effective on the USO surface anymore :shrug:

pepita1964
Murray is much more complete player than Djokovic. So he has a big chance to win his first GS tomorrow.IMO after Federer, Murray is second player who has a huge talent.

born_on_clay
09-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Djokovic to take the trash out again :yeah:

Looner
09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Djokovic to take the trash out again :yeah:

Nadull's not playing.

LinkMage
09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Well, this time I won't feel bad if Murray wins his 1st Slam. :p

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Murray is much more complete player than Djokovic. So he has a big chance to win his first GS tomorrow.IMO after Federer, Murray is second player who has a huge talent.

you are right his lack of FH makes him a complete loser

Johnbert
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
well... djoker in 3. would be great if murray could win this, but can't see this scenario...

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Nadull's not playing.

+1

rjmartin
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Djokovic in 3 - MARK MY WORDS

sexybeast
09-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Murray lacks the wepons to defeat Novak in best of 5 on slow hard.

His volleys, slice and defensive return is better yes, as is his first serve, but those arn't effective on the USO surface anymore :shrug:

I would say this is midpaced hardcourt which is neutral for both.

Murray is pretty good at midpaced hardcourt, Toronto and Shanghai beeing his best master series. I think it is better in this specific matchup if this was fast hardcourt, but midpaced will do when Djokovic is not in top form.

Ash86
09-09-2012, 06:25 PM

Agree with you about talent. He is a great thinker and tactician. His FH isn't as great as the other 4 but it's not that terrible anymore either and frankly it's not like Novak's FH is some amazing weapon either - it's consistent and does the job but is not an amazing stroke. Murray's FH deficiencies balanced by his superior serve and net skills as compared to Novak.

Nadal (and his camp) clearly think Murray is a very talented player - always commented on his talent/skill specifically for many years with Toni saying how he thought Murray would have won a slam a few years ago. He has it all but has fallen short mentally at times. Everyone goes through that. Novak did too (though for not as long obviously). Novak got Tsonga in his second slam final - no such luck for Andy sadly. Hopefully the Federer win in the Olympics will have had a good impact and he'll have more self belief. Talent wise there is no reason why Andy can't beat Novak. Novak's defence is insane yes but Andy's serve and variety can do damage.

On paper it shouldn't be one sided.

AntiTennis
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I expect a good final, Murray needs it more than Djoker, C'mon Andy win your first grand slam, if is not now..when?!

Allez
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Muzza will have to play the match of his life to win even 2 sets let alone 3. Nole has been playing the best tennis of the year and is itching to get back to his number 1 position. 3 slams last year. 2 slams this year. Not much to criticise him about. Murray has not played well at all leading up to the final. He has won because he is simply heads and shoulders above everyone below him in the rankings. Nole is a different proposition altogether. Murray will need to strike a fine balance between aggressive and defensive albeit variety laden tennis.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/09/article-2200665-14ED2385000005DC-413_634x557.jpg

swebright
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Who is better defensively? Nole>Andy
Who is better offensively? Nole=Andy; unless somebody gets free points with serves
Who plays big points better? Nole>Andy

Who is more spent? Nole<Andy

Nole can be a beast. He has more fire in his belly. Andy is still a bit cold blooded.

hipolymer
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Much more competitive? Does slumping your shoulders when losing, being lethargic in general, and swearing like a sailor qualify as being more competitive?

EddieNero
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Indicating Murray is the more complete player suggests absolute cluelessness on tennis. I can't see how Murray surpasses Djoković in FH, movement, consistency, ball-depth, not mentioning mental toughness.
This match comes down to what version of Nole will step on court tomorrow. If it's Nole the Barbarian then Murray will receive a total beatdown no matter what.
I haven't seen Murray to grow a pair of balls in a GS final before therefore I don't envision a scenario where it's happening tomorrow.

sexybeast
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Much more competitive? Does slumping your shoulders when losing, being lethargic in general, and swearing like a sailor qualify as being more competitive?

Read again.

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
When everything is said and done, Nole will approach Andy and say: "You know... I lost to Federer to deny you Wimbledon. Kim will like the plate. Smile for the cameras now."

Allez
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Epic Fail from Sky Sports :rolls:

http://i.imgbox.com/abwjfCQ8.jpg

:haha: Alternate reality. I've heard about this stuff. Had my doubts until I saw this :hearts:

bounccer
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Djokovic was very average today, Ferrer was awful, that's it.

It's a toss up tomorrow really.

swebright
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
What time is the final tomorrow? I may have to skip work early !

Elaka Farmor
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
There is no doubt that Djokovic will win, or Mary, if Nole lose. But Mary can win even if he beats Nole. I little bit cunfusing maybe, but you guys understand what I mean.

NID
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Let's not forget that tomorrow the Sapeod-Cabbage equasion might again be restored. Either it will be 17+1>11+5 or 17+0=11+6.

bounccer
09-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm amazed by the fact that 90% of the "tennis fans" on MTF watch only the score to figure how well a player is playing.

Djokovic won easily but Ferrer played his worst slam match of the season after the French Open semi.

If Djoko play like he did against Del Po: Djokovic in 4
If he play like today: Murray in 4

Argenbrit
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Murray to keep collecting silverware.

Rafa is the GOAT
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Djoko in 3
7-6 6-1 7-5

drazyc
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Indicating Murray is the more complete player suggests absolute cluelessness on tennis. I can't see how Murray surpasses Djoković in FH, movement, consistency, ball-depth, not mentioning mental toughness.
This match comes down to what version of Nole will step on court tomorrow. If it's Nole the Barbarian then Murray will receive a total beatdown no matter what.
I haven't seen Murray to grow a pair of balls in a GS final before therefore I don't envision a scenario where it's happening tomorrow.

Completeness is not measured in how well you perform in certain aspects of the game, but in your amount of weaknesses. I will take Murray's slice and volleys any day over Djokovic's. Movement, returns and defense is about the same for both players. Murray has a better block return, while Djokovic has a better offensive return. Djokovic has a more lethal FH.

I will say that both players have most of the weapons that are necessary in today's tennis. I will give Murray an edge in technique and Djokovic an edge in mental toughness. Djokovic has a more solid serve, but Murray a more lethal first serve.

Murray can definitely win tomorrow if he plays smart. He can not beat Djokovic by playing too aggressively. He needs to mix up his length and spin. Ferrer was successfull in moments today when he hit more softer, lower and shorter balls combined with longer balls. Murray does this extremely well when he is in shape.

I am picking Murray in four sets.

Ben D.
if Djokovic leads 6-3 5-1 he will not fall apart all of sudden.

Matt01
No prediction but I hope it will be a good match. :)

Djokovic won easily but Ferrer played his worst slam match of the season after the French Open semi.

He was simply outplayed by the HC GOAT and by the Clay GOAT in these matches because they are simply the better players :shrug:

Sillyrabbit
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I get the feeling Murray will win, like the Olympics, it just seems like something that's destined to happen. We'll see though.

josjc
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM
you are right his lack of FH makes him a complete loser

have u not been watching any murray matches since ao 12
murray have the most powerful forehand in the world when he unleashes it

Roger the Dodger
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
This might just be the match of the tournament given the low quality of matches this USO.

Hopefully a terrific five-setter, but realistically voted Novak in 4.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
have u not been watching any murray matches since ao 12
murray have the most powerful forehand in the world when he unleashes it

Need some ' I cant ' Pocahontas gifs for this.

willoughby
Murray 6-3 3-6 1-6 7-6(3) 7-5

Looner
This might just be the match of the tournament given the low quality of matches this USO.

Hopefully a terrific five-setter, but realistically voted Novak in 4.

Yeah, I really hope Muzz plays as well as he can currently. I don't think he can play as well as he did during the Olympics but if he can pump himself up and use the crowd, it can certainly play on Novak's mind.

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM

:haha:

Mark Lenders
09-09-2012, 06:59 PM
It definitely seems like it's Murray's time: relentless choking from Cilic, getting to play Berdych in the wind, Djokovic with no day of rest before the final, how many more lucky breaks can he get?

That said, I still trust Djokovic to fight against this cruel destiny that seems to be bestowed upon tennis and win the final tomorrow.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Nadull's not playing.

:haha:

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 07:02 PM
It definitely seems like it's Murray's time: relentless choking from Cilic, getting to play Berdych in the wind, Djokovic with no day of rest before the final, how many more lucky breaks can he get?

That said, I still trust Djokovic to fight against this cruel destiny that seems to be bestowed upon tennis and win the final tomorrow.

Federer had a day of rest before the 2008 final. Perhaps this is his compensation. Plus in that match it was Nadal he had to finish off, not a weak Ferrer.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Murray's forehand is probably the best in history. Makes Borg's look like Simon has morphed into his body.

The Prince
09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
This is it. This is his moment. He has to go for it, be brave, and most importantly, remain level-headed throughout the match. Not everything will go his way, but the match will, if he plays like he can.

Good luck Andy.

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
c44gIVDaRUs

josjc
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXM_Hd7UJY&feature=player_embedded
skip to 3:40 watch the video then admit your stupidity

Mark Lenders
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Federer had a day of rest before the 2008 final. Perhaps this is his compensation. Plus in that match it was Nadal he had to finish off, not a weak Ferrer.

It was against Federer though, it was never going to be an physically draining match as Federer never allows those types of matches to happen. In matchups featuring two of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray grueling physical contests and endless grinding are inevitable, so Djokovic not having a day off is a real factor here.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 07:07 PM
It was against Federer though, it was never going to be an physically draining match as Federer never allows those types of matches to happen. In matchups featuring two of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray grueling physical contests and endless grinding are inevitable, so Djokovic not having a day off is a real factor here.

After Nole came through a 5hr AO match on a Friday and then beat Nadull in a 6hr with the Spaniard having a day's rest, I'm sure he will be fine tomorrow and it will be the tennis either way that does the talking.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM

SO you are telling me he has potential to hit 1 strong FH once a year? :superlol:

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM

If he tries to play like that tomorrow, he will lose like a big boss :lol:

The_Djoker
09-09-2012, 07:10 PM
After Nole came through a 5hr AO match on a Friday and then beat Nadull in a 6hr with the Spaniard having a day's rest, I'm sure he will be fine tomorrow and it will be the tennis either way that does the talking.

Nole had a days rest too. No way he beats nadal if it was the following day.

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
It depends on No1e.If he plays good, he'll win.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Nole had a days rest too. No way he beats nadal if it was the following day.

Nadull had a day more of rest though.

Today's match wasn't too gruelling for Nolito.

Mark Lenders
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM

That's true. Would be far worse the other way round (Murray not having a day's rest) as Nole's recovery powers are unbelievable. That coupled with the fact today's match was light work for Nole, he should be ready for the immensely physical contest that tomorrow's final will inevitably be.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Nole has a big advantage - he played in normal conditions

Murray will he rhythmless after that stupid semi yesterday. I fully expect Nole to take the first set.

josjc
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
If he tries to play like that tomorrow, he will lose like a big boss :lol:
no if he plays just like he did at the olympics even if it was on grass
he wins comfortably

NJ88
09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I think Murrays time is now. It's all come together for him for this slam.

He gained confidence by getting to his first Wimbledon final, and even more confidence by beating Djokovic and Federer back to back to win the Olympics too. He's playing the best tennis of his life right now and there might not be any better time than now.

I feel we could get a five set epic final between the two. I hope so for tennis quality, but would love (as a Murray fan) for him to have a straight forward win. I think Murray will win, in four or five.

The_Djoker
09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Nadull had a day more of rest though.

Today's match wasn't too gruelling for Nolito.

And that had an effect. Novak would have destroyed Nadull in 3 if both had same amount of days rest. Tomorrow won't matter unless it goes on for more than 4+ hours.

The_Djoker
09-09-2012, 07:19 PM
no if he plays just like he did at the olympics even if it was on grass
he wins comfortably

Murray is a better grass court player than Novak. Novak is terrible on Grass but can still beat most guys on the surface.

josjc
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
SO you are telling me he has potential to hit 1 strong FH once a year? :superlol:

this reply suggest you havent watched ANY Murray recently either that or your retarded
his attacking forehand was the reason he destroyed federer at the olympic

selyoink
I sense a tactical withdrawal coming from Murray.

In reality Djokovic in 4 sets. Will take performance of a lifetime from Murray to win this match.

Fed fordawin
No fricking idea. Too close to call IMO

abraxas21
09-09-2012, 07:24 PM
murray to save tennis in 4 sets

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 07:26 PM
No1e to save tennis and play big points better.

MachineGun
09-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I think this is Murray's greatest chance of winning a slam.

I fear for his mental state if he doesn't win it tomorrow.

nole_no1
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Nole. I don't care in how many sets. Just Nole to make the haters cry once again :)

josjc
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
i hope to god Murray wins i dont know if he can come back mentally having lost 5 finals

Saberq
09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
i hope to god Murray wins i dont know if he can come back mentally having lost 5 finals

he lost 4 but your nostradamus skills are getting better

Aloevera
09-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Muzz would be fine in losing another final... nobody can take away that special gold medal from him. It's great consolation.

Horatio Caine
09-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Honestly want to tip Muzza for the win, but I'm afraid my gut instinct is that Djokovic will do it. :sad:

Arthur Ashe plays reasonably slow, and the match will begin later in the day when the conditions are a little cooler and slower still. Murray would perhaps prefer this - he has struggled in his three day matches - but it is the lesser of two evils for him. He'd much prefer a quicker court for this match-up - and it is no coincidence that he beat Djokovic at the Olympics on a quicker Centre Court (than the court speed would have been at Wimbledon).

These are Djokovic's favoured conditions, and it will take an almighty performance from Muzza to deny him.

Muzza has proved that he can take Djokovic the whole way on slower courts - Australian Open 2012 and Rome 2011 are recent examples - and he is undoubtedly a stronger player under Lendl.

However, I still wonder if the main courts (Rod Laver, Centre Court, Arthur Ashe) are too slow for him to be able to topple Nadal or Djokovic in a Slam final, when they are likely to play at their very best.

As always, if Muzza can keep challenging for a Slam (and this is his fifth challenge - an achievement in itself), he will eventually get his break. Hopefully it will be tomorrow but, failing that, hopefully he will be 6th or 7th time lucky.

Horatio Caine
09-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Muzz would be fine in losing another final... nobody can take away that special gold medal from him. It's great consolation.

He seems to be an intelligent guy, and I'm sure he'd look back on the year and say that it is his best to date - and it clearly is.

However, he will be absolutely gutted if he doesn't win tomorrow. No professional athlete likes to lose. Especially the very best. It will seriously hurt him. Even more that he'd be the first player in history to lose his five Slam finals - he'll know about that stat.

The only difference is that Lendl is likely to still be his coach (as he should be), and he won't allow Muzza to go on his 2010/11 benders. This would be another character-building episode, making him stronger for the 2013 season.

josjc
oh good a wiseass at least be right try to mock someone
let me educate you
i said "i hope to god Murray wins i dont know if he can come back mentally having lost 5 finals" this suggest if he lost he might not be able to come back mentally. He has 4 losses already. 1 + 4 = a hypothetical 5:wavey:

HKz
The surface here (no matter how slow/fast it may seem) will still suit Murray here more than Djokovic unlike in Australia. Form wise, well neither have looked their best yet. I would say Murray's time has come, but really don't want to be disappointed again.. However, I'll go with my heart and actually say Andy in 4.

Saberq you clown, get banned again.. Learn to read posts better, fucking foolish.

toby1526
09-09-2012, 07:45 PM
hoping for a good match like at the AO. If murray loses that's 0/5 slam finals and harsh

luie
09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
The wait is over , the British will have their day.

cocrcici
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
:smoke:

Ash86
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Funniest stat - Serena has served more aces so far than Djokovic. 50 vs 46 - Novak's played more sets too. :haha:

Imagine if him and Rafa had great serves as well their incredible baseline game. It's like the mediocre serve is there just to give others a chance.

GSMnadal
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Funniest stat - Serena has served more aces so far than Djokovic. 50 vs 46 - Novak's played more sets too. :haha:

Imagine if him and Rafa had great serves as well their incredible baseline game. It's like the mediocre serve is there just to give others a chance.

Did you catch USO 2010? There's your answer, it's just not fair, so Rafa stopped using it.

Time Violation
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM

There is a wee bit of difference when the serves are returned by Ivanovic or by Ferrer, Del Potro etc ;)

luie
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM

What if they both played fair . The scientific duo wouldn't win a match . They are glorified grinders .

Garson007
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Djokovic has struggled more and more against him over the years. I fully believe Murray will kill tennis tomorrow.

manadrainer
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
It should be a great final to watch.

If Andy loses a fifth final he'll be devastated for a while I think. I see Nole winning this one though.

indianabones
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Ok here's my take on it.

Murray has improved drastically over the last 3/4 years, but his improvement in the last 18 months has been massive. However he still is not at a level that can cope with Djokovic should the Djokovic of 2011 be on show tomorrow.

It's quite simple really for me, if both play to their best, Djokovic wins. Djokovic has 5 slams, Murray has 0 and if that doesn't tell you Djokovic has been the far superior player of the two, I don't know what else will.

Murray can win, of course he can, he has a lot of the skills that are needed to beat the best, but he lacks the mental belief and I still don't buy that he's overcome those mental issues. Saying it or speculating it is one thing, but it's whether or not it's sorted out there on the tennis court that will prove he's sorted himself out or not.

Would like to see a match of the highest quality will thrilling rallies and of course Djokovic to win, let's see what happens.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 08:23 PM
so many bitter tards

henke007
09-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Mugray to strike in 5 ugly sets :worship:

guga2120
09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope Mandy wins, but Novak is the king of hardcourts. Nole in 4.

Sham Kay
09-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Andy in 5 uncomfortable sets. Epic coming up.

Proud of the scot. Toughest player in this era by far. The guy could go and lose 17 slam finals and still stay motivated to win and be the best.

All i wanted to see when i first started supporting the man as a teen is the continuous drive to succeed, regardless of his success in the slams. He's doing just that, couldn't be happier with him.

Moozza
09-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Andy in 3, 4 or 5 sets.

It is time.

Guest12315544
09-09-2012, 08:33 PM
My heart says Andy, but my head says Nole :confused:

Sham Kay
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM

They always put in a way to beat these video games.

xargon
09-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Pat McEnroe says Murray has a daunting task ahead of him. Nole in 4

IOFH
09-09-2012, 08:53 PM

1) Well they aren't good enough to have those serves, so stop masturbating

2) Nadal's shoulder couldn't take it in 2010

3) Didn't Nadal say the big serve actually hurt his game because it made the play faster and threw him off his rythm? And that he preferred serving slower and smarter?

Anyway, about the final. I'm hoping for a great 5-setter, don't really have anyone to root in this one. I want No2e to win bc I prefer his tennis and Murray's behaviour on court makes me sick and I want Mandy to win bc it increases Fed's chances to hold on to the #1 and get the YE #1.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 08:55 PM

It's easier to ace WTA players.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Pat McEnroe says Murray has a daunting task ahead of him. Nole in 4

Pat McEnroe says shit your pants. I am going to shit my pants.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Pat McEnroe says shit your pants. I am going to shit my pants.

well in that case you would have to shit HIS pants

Sanya
09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Nole played so good against Delpo and very solid today when mattered... I`m not sure that I noticed form Andy needed level in any match for these two weeks which allows him to win. Djokovic in 4 and even this one set - I just want to see relatively competitive final.

e476
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't hold much hope for Murray. He's shown numerous times that he falls apart mentally in GS finals/tournaments to Federer/Nadal/Djokovic. This doesn't happen to this degree in non-GS tournaments, so I'm perplexed by Murray's mindset.

Bako
09-09-2012, 09:36 PM
although Novak is slight favorite Murray in 4 if he plays offensive tennis and serves %65 or better . if he manages to do that match will be done in 4 sets.

Certinfy
09-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Please for the love of God take this Andy!

Fedfanohyeah
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Djokovic will win, and it's not even going to be close. Murray will win his 2nd GS final set if he's lucky.

This! murray will not win!

Gagsquet
09-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Please for the love of God take this Andy!

Certinfy is back :D

Need to update my sig.

Certinfy
09-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Certinfy is back :D

Need to update my sig.
Love you man :hug: Thanks for all the support. :)

Pusha T
09-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Up to Muzz to save tennis now :worship:.

70-68
09-09-2012, 10:02 PM
For some reason I believe that Murray might close this out this time if he comes out in Goldray mode, and if the court is playing faster than AO and Miami.

Murray in 4.

TennisMindCamp
09-09-2012, 10:05 PM
I think Novak in 4 or 5...

quarter
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
even with less rest, nole seems to be in better shape, his plan will be to break down andy physically in long rallies. murray has to be more aggressive and try to win in 3 or 4 at most, otherwise nole will win. I give 65-35 to nole

mark73
09-09-2012, 10:27 PM

You do realize that its easier to ace the women then the men, right?

bobbynorwich
09-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Looks like Andy goes ahead of Rafa whether he wins or loses; Rog only 575 pts
ahead of Novak if Novak wins, 1335 if he loses.

Roger, 12,165 today, 720 defending, -360 change, 11,805 on 9/11
Andy wins, 7,290 now, 720 defend +1,280 change, 8,570 Tues
Andy loses, +480 chg, 7,770 Tues
Nole wins, 11,270 now, 2000 def, 0 chg, 11,270 Tues
Nole loses, -800 chg, 10,470 Tues
Rafa, 8,715 now, 1200 def, -1,200 chg, 7,515 Tues
David, 5,375 now, 180 def, + 540 chg, 5,915 Tues

GS Pts
W --- 2000
F --- 1200
SF --- 720
QF --- 360
R16 --- 180

Mr. Oracle
09-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Assuming Djoker shows up with a relatively decent first serve tomorrow, there should not be too much fuss. Can't wait to watch Murray's hypochondriac antics tomorrow. With some luck and a little rain, this match will be pushed into the evening, and things will get even more exciting (if your a fan of the falcon that is..).

Lopez
09-09-2012, 10:34 PM

Well, to be fair, nothing happens in a vacuum. If they had better serves their baseline game wouldn't be as good. In tennis, weaknesses tend to rise from strengths (and perhaps vice versa)

On the match, I think people are grossly underestimating Murray like before the OG final. I actually think Murray will take this in 4. Hope I'm wrong though and Nole takes it, though Murray winning wouldn't be too bad, he deserves one.

BIGMARAT
09-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Nole in 3 sets with one tight set.

hipolymer
09-09-2012, 11:07 PM
The surface here (no matter how slow/fast it may seem) will still suit Murray here more than Djokovic unlike in Australia. Form wise, well neither have looked their best yet. I would say Murray's time has come, but really don't want to be disappointed again.. However, I'll go with my heart and actually say Andy in 4.

You clown. Djokovic has reached 4 US Open finals and 6 straight US Open semis. The surface obviously suits him the best out of any.

Cereal Killer
09-09-2012, 11:13 PM
You clown. Djokovic has reached 4 US Open finals and 6 straight US Open semis. The surface obviously suits him the best out of any.

Slower hard courts suit him better in matches vs. Andy.

Moozza
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM

AO titles-3
USO titles-1

DJ Soup
09-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Nole seemed to be on a higher level than Murray throughout the tournament

Sanya
09-09-2012, 11:24 PM

It`s actually very intresting question which tournament - AO or US - with its surface/conditions/etc. suits Nole more.

And I mean suit his game, not compulsory results. Even now mud in US allows to play a bit quicker than main court in Australia, IMO, to say that these conditions are the best for Djok now wouldn`t be correct.

cveks
09-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Generally Nole played better and more convincing tennis for this 2 weeks in New York .

If we dont count this set in Tornado conditions yesterday, generally Nole came to finals without dropping a set - at least in normal conditions.

I hope he will prove that tomorrow.

zlaja777
09-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Novak in 3 or 4 sets.

Garson007
09-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, always been Djokovic's best slam. It just happens that Fed's also really good at it.

green25814
09-10-2012, 12:03 AM
So long as Andy leaves everything out on court I don't care if he loses. If Nole is too good then he's too good.

Just don't lose before the match starts, fuck sake

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Nole to take out the trash. It's a disgrace that Pushray is once again in a GS final taking advantage of chokers, upsets and clown draw. Hasn't he ruined enough GS finals for people to realize he does not belong on the big stage? I hope Djoker hammers him 6-1 6-2 6-1 and shatters his mentality so completely that this mug will never make a slam QF ever again in his career.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Nole to take out the trash. It's a disgrace that Pushray is once again in a GS final taking advantage of chokers, upsets and clown draw. Hasn't he ruined enough GS finals for people to realize he does not belong on the big stage. I hope Djoker hammers him 6-1 6-2 6-1 and shatters his mentality so completely that this mug will never make a slam QF ever again in his career.

mmmmmm

someone is :scared:

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 12:15 AM
mmmmmm

someone is :scared:

Scared of a mug who lacks the testicular fortitude on the big stage and is 0-4 in slam finals? :superlol:

There is nothing to be scared of, Djoker will save this USO from the pusher despite the USTA's attempts to aid Mugray in winning.

RFedExpress
09-10-2012, 12:16 AM
It is arguably the hardest rivalry to make sense of out of the top rivalries. For example, here are the head-to-head stats:

Overall - Djokovic leads 8-6
Hard Courts - Tied at 5-5
Grand Slams - Djokovic leads 2-0
Finals - Murray leads 3-2
Grand Slam Finals - Djokovic leads 1-0

It indicates a close rivalry, and it is no doubt, but Australian Open semi classic aside, they have been quite one sided matches.

You have to be a front runner in this match. The pair have met ten times on hard courts in their careers, and the winner of the first set has always won the match - abnormal really when you consider the stick-ability of both guys. This is where I fear a little bit for Murray. A fast start will be tough, he had a day off, and his semi-final was barely preparation anyway because of the conditions. Djokovic on the other hand basically played an ideal training session, finding top gear to blast past Ferrer.

Now, why do I think Murray will win? The conditions will be warm and sunny. An early start is good news for Murray. Djokovic doesn't come forward well at all, in fact at times today he looked like a complete buffoon, his volleys are very ordinary and that's probably flattering - put them on a lesser player and I'd probably call them crap. The court will be as quick as it'll ever be at 4pm on a sunny, still afternoon and I don't think Djokovic will like it. He didn't like it at Wimbledon and Centre Court may be slower than a sunny windless Ashe. Murray is the more talented attacking player and Djokovic the more solid base-liner.

Interesting that Djokovic has never beaten Murray on the NA hard court swing. Indian Wells and Miami are both significantly slower, and Melbourne is very slow for a hard court. The head to head at that part of the season is 5-2 to Djokovic, with one of Murray's wins coming in Dubai (quicker). However in Cincy and Canada, it is 3-0 to Murray. Djokovic is actually yet to win a set in this environment against Murray. The court surfaces play a factor, they are quicker.

I'm going Murray in 4.

xargon
09-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Anyone see Gavin Rossdale and Anna Wintour in Serena's box? I guess since Fed's out they need a box to park their butts in. Gavin and Anna are huge Fed fans who've routinely rooted for Fed over Murray in the past, let's see if they sit in Murray's box. LOLOL

I also noticed the crowd today chanting Nole Nole in the 4th set and also in the interview afterwards with BG and PMac they were out there chanting Nole Nole.Kind of surprised. Maybe it's the new foundation he is starting in NY. BG and PMac are attending the charity opening on Wednesday.

Corey Feldman
09-10-2012, 12:20 AM
ten thousand serbs
came through the weeds
chased by one scotsman

EliSter
09-10-2012, 12:23 AM
For a tennis sake Mandy to complete 5 plates dinner set. Hope Nole doesnt mug it up :o Wouldnt forgive him brainfarts agains Mandy.

TigerTim
ugR-Iyp-e1k

BigJohn
The results of this match will be very telling on the very nature of the universe. Should Murray win, it will suggest that we live in a universe where justice, light and good prevail.

Saberq
09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
The results of this match will be very telling on the very nature of the universe. Should Murray win, it will suggest that we live in a universe where justice, light and good prevail.

that's not true you were born dude

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 12:27 AM
For a tennis sake Mandy to complete 5 plates dinner set. Hope Nole doesnt mug it up :o Wouldnt forgive him brainfarts agains Mandy.

Don't worry, Djoker has more weapons and is much more talented than Pushray so unless he plays at 5%, he should lift another slam over his head tomorrow. I am sure Mandytards were praying for Ferrer to win, no such luck though, Mugray will have to win at least 1 legit match in this tournament if he wants the honor of being a slam champ. He got so lucky Berdshit is a bad match up for the Huge Nose and took him out, otherwise Mandy wouldn't even be in the finals right now.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 12:27 AM

:facepalm:

Another dim-witted stalker...

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 12:28 AM

agreed. A Senseful post.

stewietennis
09-10-2012, 12:28 AM
^

Lack of punctuation makes this a failed attempt at a witty remark

RFedExpress
09-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Don't worry, Djoker has more weapons and is much more talented than Pushray so unless he plays at 5%, he should lift another slam over his head tomorrow. I am sure Mandytards were praying for Ferrer to win, no such luck though, Mugray will have to win at least 1 legit match in this tournament if he wants the honor of being a slam champ.I suppose the Raonic match that you expected Murray to lose in straight sets in under two hours, doesn't count as legit?

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 12:35 AM
agreed. A Senseful post.

And another one... :rolleyes:

Mr. Oracle
09-10-2012, 12:49 AM
It is arguably the hardest rivalry to make sense of out of the top rivalries. For example, here are the head-to-head stats:

Overall - Djokovic leads 8-6
Hard Courts - Tied at 5-5
Grand Slams - Djokovic leads 2-0
Finals - Murray leads 3-2
Grand Slam Finals - Djokovic leads 1-0

It indicates a close rivalry, and it is no doubt, but Australian Open semi classic aside, they have been quite one sided matches.

You have to be a front runner in this match. The pair have met ten times on hard courts in their careers, and the winner of the first set has always won the match - abnormal really when you consider the stick-ability of both guys. This is where I fear a little bit for Murray. A fast start will be tough, he had a day off, and his semi-final was barely preparation anyway because of the conditions. Djokovic on the other hand basically played an ideal training session, finding top gear to blast past Ferrer.

Now, why do I think Murray will win? The conditions will be warm and sunny. An early start is good news for Murray. Djokovic doesn't come forward well at all, in fact at times today he looked like a complete buffoon, his volleys are very ordinary and that's probably flattering - put them on a lesser player and I'd probably call them crap. The court will be as quick as it'll ever be at 4pm on a sunny, still afternoon and I don't think Djokovic will like it. He didn't like it at Wimbledon and Centre Court may be slower than a sunny windless Ashe. Murray is the more talented attacking player and Djokovic the more solid base-liner.

Interesting that Djokovic has never beaten Murray on the NA hard court swing. Indian Wells and Miami are both significantly slower, and Melbourne is very slow for a hard court. The head to head at that part of the season is 5-2 to Djokovic, with one of Murray's wins coming in Dubai (quicker). However in Cincy and Canada, it is 3-0 to Murray. Djokovic is actually yet to win a set in this environment against Murray. The court surfaces play a factor, they are quicker.

I'm going Murray in 4.

Speaking of scheduling, this may have been discussed before, but I don't get why it's not a night match for a monday. Isn't prime time tv more lucrative for ratings than a 4pm match when most people aren't even home yet? Same thing goes with the über-elite spectators who attend the match--I do believe that most of the non-hiltons actually work during the day. I just don't get it. I realize sundays are different, you can have it scheduled anytime since it's a non-work day, but this Monday Madness (now two years in a row!), to me, reeks of WASP-murray fanboism. They're trying to defeat the carpathian descendant vampirovic with the sun. No matter, it will be even "sweeter" when Novakula defeats all these damn stake wielding adversaries. Now I know how Frankenstein felt up on that windmill.

n8
09-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Four different Grand Slam champions in one year in Andy wins. First time since 2003.

RFedExpress
09-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Speaking of scheduling, this may have been discussed before, but I don't get why it's not a night match for a monday. Isn't prime time tv more lucrative for ratings than 4pm match when most people aren't even home yet? Same thing goes with the uber-elite spectators who attend the match--I do believe that most of the non-hiltons actually work during the day. I just don't get it.Monday Night Football. Simple as that. They will be as incredibly disrespectful as to move the men's singles final forward to accommodate a football game. This is why this muggy organisation should be done away with and this country should not be hosting slams if the slam is not the priority. Take it to China where they would come to a fucking stand-still for it.

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Monday Night Football. Simple as that. They will be as incredibly disrespectful as to move the men's singles final forward to accommodate a football game. This is why this muggy organisation should be done away with and this country should not be hosting slams if the slam is not the priority. Take it to China where they would come to a fucking stand-still for it.

Exactly. Considering tennis is a worldwide sport and this a GS event, the scheduling is a disgrace. Nobody fucking cares about American Fatball except the yanks.

Clydey
09-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Not getting my hopes up, particularly given current form. Murray has been up and down, while Djokovic has been outstanding throughout the two weeks.

If Murray plays like he did against Raonic, I expect him to win. If he doesn't, he'll likely lose.

Mr. Oracle
09-10-2012, 01:34 AM
The need for night matches and the Carpathian origins of Novakula:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dracula

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Carpathians

http://www.balkanium.com/forum/showthread.php/2254-Origins-of-Serbian-people

Mr. Oracle
09-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Notice the nefarious genetic similarities:

paseo
09-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Let's go, Andy!!

Sunset of Age
09-10-2012, 01:53 AM
As always a :hearts: for GB Gingerheads, so here goes:

esEdC0c3YI4

Goodluck, you ugly Scottish HIGHLANDER! :rocker2:

Mr. Oracle
09-10-2012, 01:54 AM
The aristocratic and arrogant index finger. This is the uncle no one talks about for obvious reasons.

SheepleBuster
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM
It's going to be so much fun to DVR Andy's cry speech tomorrow. The good news? CBS only gives players 10 seconds to talk ... can he handle it and hold it together for 10 seconds? :D

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 01:57 AM
It's going to be so much fun to DVR Andy's cry speech tomorrow. The good news? CBS only gives players 10 seconds to talk ... can he handle it and hold it together for 10 seconds? :D

Hopefully not :drool: Mandy's tears are like an elixir of life and I wouldn't want him to hold them back.

SheepleBuster
09-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Hopefully not :drool: Mandy's tears are like an elixir of life and I wouldn't want him to hold them back.

I like him to lose it one of these days and attack the fans WWE style. lol. Is that too much to ask? That'd be fun if Mandy goes crazy on the crowd and starts attacking them with a steel chair. lol

pushingismurder
09-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Logic and form says Djokovic but I'm just hoping for a great match.

v-money
09-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Djokovic in 5, while coming back from a break down in the 5th.

v-money
09-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Hey T-Doc, who did you cheer for in Wimbledon and Olympic finals? Olderer?

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Hey T-Doc, who did you cheer for in Wimbledon and Olympic finals? Olderer?

In Wimbledon final: Olderer, because I want Mandy to remain slamless.

In Olympics: Mandy, because I didn't want Olderer to have an Olympic gold. Plus, I enjoy pressed Fedtards claiming that Olderer already has a gold medal with his lapdog in doubles.

v-money
09-10-2012, 02:43 AM
In Wimbledon final: Olderer, because I want Mandy to remain slamless.

In Olympics: Mandy, because I didn't want Olderer to have an Olympic gold. Plus, I enjoy pressed Fedtards claiming that Olderer already has a gold medal with his lapdog in doubles.

I figured about Wimbledon. But the Olympics reasoning makes sense too.

allpro
09-10-2012, 03:03 AM
should be an epic battle and as much as i want to see murray make his gs breakthru, i just don't see it happening tomorrow. edge to djoker in four or five.

Roy Emerson
09-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Four different Grand Slam champions in one year in Andy wins. First time since 2003.

That would be refreshing.

Revan
09-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Novak in 4. Murray might win a set before he reverts to pushing as usual.

Mr. Oracle
09-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Novak in 4. Murray might win a set before he reverts to pushing as usual.

I concur. I see 4 sets as well. Getting lucid visions of Djoker eventually beating the red right off the scot in the closing set.

Pusha T
09-10-2012, 04:24 AM
We can only hope that real tennis prevails over pong guiding.

Freak3yman84
09-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Murray in 4, Djoko is screwed by the USTA's scheduling...

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Ima make a mini shrine dedicated to Nole this evening and pray for his victory against The Evil Scot tomorrow (may his haggis be undercooked and his beer warm).

I will finish my ritual with a gluten free dinner and after reaching a higher state of conciousness through several shots of Absolut, I will meditate and focus my life energies to empower Nole. (may his magic egg never experience a power outage).