US Open SF: Djokovic def. Ferrer 2-6 6-1 6-4 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US Open SF: Djokovic def. Ferrer 2-6 6-1 6-4 6-2

rinnegan
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Forget yesterday's first set brainfart.

Novak Djokovic - the best player in the world and Real No. 1 - came to play today.

And play he did, giving the world a demonstration on why he is the man to beat on these great Spartan courts. Relentless and defiant, Nole took Ferrer's weapons and dismantled them, along with the Spaniard's spirit.

Make no mistake about it. This is Nole's house.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2iavpz6.jpg

Action Jackson
09-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Comfortable for Djokovic, didn't waste too much energy today.

pusher for life
When the first set was finished, I seriously started to think if the tennis was going to die this afternoon.

Thank God, it did not happen. Congrats Nole for your final.

Except for the first set, Nole simply destroyed Ferrer.

As far as The Vulture, it's been great two weeks thanks to the easy draw. Now, he'll be heading towards Asia to add new experiences to his vulturing campaign.

SheepleBuster
Ferrer. What an unlucky man. lol. He wish the match was first yesterday

azinna
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Solid.

TigerTim
pushing wins :sadface:

Looner
Ugly, very ugly. Also, joke of a draw.

HDW
Nole :worship:

Fed=ATPTourkilla
Easy for Nole. Ferrer was completely overmatched here. Outgunned from the back of the court, couldn't hurt Nole's defense, and looked tired.

Murray is not going to get this Slam on a plate. He needs to play the match of his life to win tomorrow. Although if he does, the Nole fans don't have any bullsh*t excuses to use.

DJ Soup
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM

If the match was first yesterday, the final would have been Ferrer vs Berdych

SetSampras
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gif

Lets go NOle!!!! One mug pusher down.. One to go

Time Violation
Nole :yeah:

MaxPower

I think you might be right about that!

uxyzapenje
09-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Don't you mean 'draw from hell continues'? Isn't that the official Fedtards motto?

GOAT = Fed
09-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Djoke got a joke of a draw and the OP is talking as if he's faced a top 4 seed every round :spit:

Lopez
09-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Very good performance.

Shouldn't be tired for Murray. Needs to volley better in the final.

Acer
Ferrer got robbed

LinkMage
:zzz:

Hopefully Ferrer is not seeded #4 at a Slam ever again. :o

Looner
Don't you mean 'draw from hell continues'? Isn't that the official Fedtards motto?

Please tell me you are djoking. Djokovic's draw is hilarious. Now he'll probably receive another gift from Mugray.

SetSampras
Djoke got a joke of a draw and the OP is talking as if he's faced a top 4 seed every round :spit:

So what... Murray gets tornado to play in which benefits him or else Berdych would have whiped him off the court:confused:

SheepleBuster

No. I mean at the same time. But you are right. That would have been some final. lol

Pirata.
09-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Novak Djokovic - the best player in the world and Real No. 1
Make no mistake about it. This is Nole's house

Noletards living in LaLaLand

shadows
09-09-2012, 06:25 PM
ballbashovic was in fine form today.

Should win the final but maybe he'll be tired.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I respect Ferrer but I am glad he is not getting close to winning a slam. You really got to be good to reach a slam final. No Thomas Johansson or Roddick bullshit these days. Only great players with complete games can win slams these days

Nole fan
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Great match, Nole reedeming himself from yesterday's fiasco. Never in doubt. Suck it haters.

bobbynorwich
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Pathetic, classless move by Djoker where after the win he raises both arms twice encouraging the crowd to cheer for him --- wow. Please cheer louder for me, please like me more, that applause isn't worthy enough of my win. Another reason for US Open crowd to dislike the guy.

:smash:

SetSampras
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gif

GOAT = Fed
So what... Murray gets tornado to play in which benefits him or else Berdych would have whiped him off the court:confused:

Lol I know. Been a shit GS though apart from Fed's QF exit which was the only 'shock' of the tournament.

Ben D.
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Outcome of this match is pretty obvious, n°14 is not supposed to beat the n°5, especially this season when he has reached a slam SF (even if he was completely destroyed BTW).
Everybody will point out at Richard's weaknesses, praising the "hero" Ferrer like the new Messiah blah blah blah.
And the semifinal will come. Against Novak Djokovic.
And it will be total domination from Novak during 2h30, Ferrer making impossible mistakes, trying impossible shots, and getting ridiculed from baseline, looking like a mug. Looking like Richard next to Ferrer. Because there is the same level difference between the two.

Don't blame Richard for being only a "good" player, "weaker" than Ferrer. It's the just the law of sport. Everyone has a limit to his capacity, the "heart" or "willpower", "fighting spirit", whatever you call it, has its limits. Johnson wanted to win badly, but Gasquet outworked him quite easily. Hewitt is such a great warrior, but nowadays, hes losing all the big battles because he cant match the big guys physically. Gasquet will probably make a decent match, trying his best and competing during 2 sets before, most probably, collapsing physically. No reason for calling him a mug for that.

posted this 6 days ago...

Smoke944
what time is the final tomorrow?

rocketassist
SetSampras sucking up to Nole NID :haha:

RNW
I do not understand why so many people thought that Ferrer has a real chance after yesterday's wind challenge (5-2 lead).

Djokovic is the better player in defense. In defense!

In any other categories Djokovic is in a completely different league.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Pathetic, classless move by Djoker where after the win he raises both arms twice encouraging the crowd to cheer for him --- wow. Please cheer louder for me, please like me more, that applause isn't worthy enough of my win. Another reason for US Open crowd to dislike the guy.

:smash:

The Americans hate Nole because they are a bunch of jealous people. Americans are so jealous. If you are successful, they will stab you in the heart. No wonder....

Slade
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Good shit from Djoko. A shame it wasn't close after the 1st but Djoko is always too much for David.

AlterBridge
Novak in great form, maybe best i seen him this year... Not many chances for Andy tomorrow, unless its windy.

The Prince
:( I wanted Ferrer to win, but I guess congrats to Nole.

Hopefully Murray wins now.

jcempire
09-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Congrat JOker

Yes got my cash

sexybeast

Strange to call Ferrer the pusher, Djokovic was the one doing all the pushing while Ferrer tried to push him around.

SheepleBuster
:( I wanted Ferrer to win, but I guess congrats to Nole.

Hopefully Murray wins now.

Did you want Ferrer to win because he can't beat Murray? lol. Yeah.

Sophitia36

Yeah... When he's having a bad day, like in the Olympics against Nishikori, the organizers interrupt the match to make it even worse for him.
When he's having a great day despite horrible conditions, and Novak is not well, the schedule is badly organised and he cannot play the match.
(Although apparently, they both refused to play earlier, so technically it's his fault... but he might not have foreseen that they would cancel a whole afternoon and evening of play).

But more seriously. I think Ferru had a good day yesterday, and today he was just back to what he had been doing for the last two weeks: not playing very well, making tons of UEs compared to his usual standard, and against Novak, that's just not possible.
Novak can make offering to the tennis gods because today, unlike yesterday, he was in great shape and played amazing tennis from the first second to the last.

I also think Ferru's famous fitness and resistance are overestimated. It's obvious that he's been generally tired for more than a few weeks, and today, towards the end of the match, I really had the impression that he was exhausted. I wish he could have given more of a fight but I think he just could not.

Well, I guess, kudos to him for being able to handle the wind much better than Djokovic and taking that first set. And for not letting Novak bagel him.
And also for signing autographs even thought he'd lost.

The only good thing that comes out of this: he will be able to go back to Spain earlier, for the Davis Cup SF. ;)

uxyzapenje
Please tell me you are djoking. Djokovic's draw is hilarious. Now he'll probably receive another gift from Mugray.

Man you are just whining too much. You relise that Novak would destroy Berdych if they played in QFs? You talk like Fed played Nadal in R1. He beat Young, Phau and Verdasco to get to QFs. Only easier opponent Novak got in compared to Fed is Ferrer, but Fed didn't even get to the SF, so who cares? Who would you like Novak to get with no Nadal and Fed in the tournament and Murray in the other half for you not to say 'joke of a draw'???

Smoke944
Strange to call Ferrer the pusher, Djokovic was the one doing all the pushing while Ferrer tried to push him around.

sounds like you were watching a different match

luie
Forever an ASTERISKS on this slam.

Chris Kuerten
ATP Mafia :hearts:

Nole Rules
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Poor vulture. Couldn't vulture his way to a slam final. :awww:

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Cry some more Fedtard.Nole never kissed Roger's ass in his life that's why you are butt hurt(no pun intended)

Lopez
:zzz:

Hopefully Ferrer is not seeded #4 at a Slam ever again. :o

He might actually be seeded #4 at the first three slams in 2013 :p. AO is a long shot, but there's a chance. Nadal has tons of points to defend up until Wimbledon, so Ferrer might catch up there.

Don't think it will happen though but it's possible.

finishingmove
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ln9yQ04w1ql6hcpo1_r1_250.gif

Saberq

you are right loser *Fed sucks-----sounds about right

luie
A lot of pushing from this asterisk pushing Novak. Sad , I wish it is extremely windy tommorow.

Captain Piranha
Very good performance last three sets score wise, I only seen some of the games but Novak looks in fine form. Feeding Novak same pace balls = fantastic counter attacking, Andy may be accused of pushing but I hope he continues to mix his pace/spins, return well, serve well & use angles to create openings then fire away.

Otherwise, bleak :(

Novak is very difficult to beat on HC.

Orka_n
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Djokovic too solid today. Ferrer had a slight chance in set 3 when he broke back to 3-2*, but he couldn't maintain that level. He doesn't have the power to consistently hit through a defender of Nole's caliber. Still, good tournament for Pics. :hug:

Djokovic was in the groove today but he will have his hands full with Murray. Might become a high-quality affair that one.

Allez
09-09-2012, 06:35 PM
No holes in nole's game today. Frightening tennis once again. Playing today may have actually helped him get into the groove for tomorrow's match. Poor Muzza. Variety alone will not stop this juggernaut. He needs to put his ballbasher hat on as well. Where the hell has this Nole been the whole summer :eek:

Steelq
09-09-2012, 06:37 PM

As long as there is no Obelisks.

Slade
09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
All this talk of hellish draws and asterisks, same old shit :haha:

bobbynorwich
09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
The Americans hate Nole because they are a bunch of jealous people. Americans are so jealous. If you are successful, they will stab you in the heart. No wonder....

Nothing to do with jealousy, it's about tennis fans not liking classless behavior such as Djokovic's post-match urging the crowd to cheer him on. Who would do that, just tacky.

Action Jackson
09-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Stick to talking about the actual match please.

That's right Federer nor his tards played today.

Garson007
09-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Pretty much. Murray and Djokovic got the luck of the schedule.

sicko
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
3rd consecutive USO final for the supervillain Djoker. a first time for him at any slam.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Nothing to do with jealousy, it's about tennis fans not liking classless behavior such as Djokovic's post-match urging the crowd to cheer him on. Who would do that, just tacky.

do I need to post some video of Fed lifting and jumping after his SF wins in NY Fedtard?

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
3rd consecutive USO final for the supervillain Djoker. a first time for him at any slam.

he will repeat that in January

Looner
Yeah... When he's having a bad day, like in the Olympics against Nishikori, the organizers interrupt the match to make it even worse for him.
When he's having a great day despite horrible conditions, and Novak is not well, the schedule is badly organised and he cannot play the match.
(Although apparently, they both refused to play earlier, so technically it's his fault... but he might not have foreseen that they would cancel a whole afternoon and evening of play).
The only good thing that comes out of this: he will be able to go back to Spain earlier, for the Davis Cup SF. ;)

One of the few genuinely nice posters around here. I repped you but I misspelled. I wanted Ferru to win but he was just awful. Still he's #5 in the world :D.

Orange Wombat
:yeah: Nole

:hug: Little warrior

Time Violation
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Amen

ossie
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
usta def ferrer

Looner
09-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Finally, thank you. Now I hope the Djokotards can stfu.

luie
Novak loves outdoor tennis yet he can't play in the wind. What a joke number 2 player to get his hands on a tainted slam.
This is another "mono" slam.

Orange Wombat
:rolleyes: Nothing classless about cheering after a semifinal win. Tennis players are ALLOWED to show emotion.

rinnegan

He has such a great record at Flushing Meadows. The courts really suit him. He could win this tournament 4 times or more.

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Lol at haters who actually thought David could win today.
Hatas SUKIT.

luie
09-09-2012, 06:46 PM
usta def ferrer

A good post from a fair poster.

Looner
He has such a great record at Flushing Meadows. The courts really suit him. He could win this tournament 4 times or more.

Yep, they're suiting more and more each year. Same as the AO. It's like the ATP really learned their lesson after Nadull - if you cannot find a player as great as the current #1, come up with surfaces that make the current normal guys look amazing :rolleyes:.

vojomocart
They should have stopped playing and delayed the match for tomorrow.
The lady in the 4th row was farting very loudly....

Oh wait, Faker was winning - if it poured down raining they have continiued to play.

The Fake must give 1/2 of his prize money (if he wins tomorrow, God forbid) to Birshit.
Bagel would have been served in the final otherwise ;)

Saberq
Yep, they're suiting more and more each year. Same as the AO. It's like the ATP really learned their lesson after Nadull - if you cannot find a player as great as the current #1, come up with surfaces that make the current normal guys look amazing :rolleyes:.

he played his first final in 2007 so suck it.

NikolaBGD
09-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Order restored:cool:

Come on guys, I understand that someone dont like Novak, but cheering for Ferrer to go in the GS final match... that is insult for a game. He is a good fighter, nice guy, but he is not for a final...

Some Fedtards and Muzzatards have their reason why they want Novak to lose, but that is pathetic... Novak is clearly better player, if Muzza wants GS title, he must beat great champion like Novak Djokovic, not David Ferrer.

Novak today...:angel: in killer mode... with what he enter in this match?! 2-5*, need to beat quickly one of the best grinders in the game, one day less to prepare for final... all that he overcome in manner how champions do that, all looks easy. :wavey:

Great final tommorow, one that this game need, 2 best players in this generation... :cool:

Haters, watch tennis, dont complain every time;)

Time Violation
09-09-2012, 06:47 PM

:haha:

Chemokine
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Good on Djokovic to have such a turn around after that horrible 1st set. :o

He played well today; maybe not Del Potro match level but quite well. He needs to be steady tomorrow and the match should be very interesting!

And yeah, I don't see how either player was pushing. TBH, I'm not much of a Ferrer fan, but even so, gotta give the guy some credit for the 1st set and reaching the semis. :)

Looking forward to the final!

rinnegan
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Oh.

DjokerFan3
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
AJDE NOLE!!! Good stuff (forget about that 1st set loss, full credit to Pics for handling the wind so much better than Nole on Saturday, he deserved to win that 1st set). Win your 6th slam tomorrow Djoker!!! :)

Pics tried his best, but it was never going to be enough against Djoker on a calm sunny day. Still a great result for him - and it's been a great year for him in the slams, 2QF's and 2SF's (losing to Djoker 2x, Murray and Nadal) - heaps of others would kill for that kind of GS performance.

tektonac
Looner, don't be a retard like luie, bobbynorwich, etc ... you are above their level.

cveks

you are talking crap.

Djokovic had more winners than Ferrer.

Guy who hits the winners is not pusher. Pusher is guy who just tries to keep ball in game and instead hitting winners , he makes points from opponent errors.

EliSter
They should have stopped playing and delayed the match for tomorrow.
The lady in the 4th row was farting very loudly....

Oh wait, Faker was winning - if it poured down raining they have continiued to play.

The Fake must give 1/2 of his prize money (if he wins tomorrow, God forbid) to Birshit.
Bagel would have been served in the final otherwise ;)

http://www.bewajah.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/crying-baby.jpg

Chemokine
09-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh, and STFU with your conspiracy theories. Please. There was a tornado, for god's sake.

Feel free to blame USTA for being greedy and not playing both matches at once, but the fact they shut down is not Novak's fault. Even if he was playing trash in the 1st set, we've seen this with him before- he sucks and then he turns everything around. You don't know what could've happened with Nole, especially Nole of 2011 onwards.

Stop hating and just sit back and enjoy the tennis.

LinkMage
He might actually be seeded #4 at the first three slams in 2013 :p. AO is a long shot, but there's a chance. Nadal has tons of points to defend up until Wimbledon, so Ferrer might catch up there.

Don't think it will happen though but it's possible.

I can bear Ferrer being the #4 seed as long as he is put in Fed's half. :p

Alex999

OK, he won the match and he lifted his arms like most winners do in any sports. what is your problem? he wasn't urging anybody to do anything, he was just celebrating his win. your post is tacky btw. If you just won semis at the USO, what would you do? stay silent and stop moving, lol. what a stupid post. please define classiness. do you think you are classy? gee

as for the match, Novak too solid. Nothing Ferrer could really do. I love Pics, he tried hard but it wasn't good enough.

Marc23
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM

So,for you winning against number 7 seed who was also US Open champion and 4 seed who was projected to go to the semis is a joke of a draw?

And this joke compared to winning against number 6 seed and number 12 seed? :facepalm:

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Why don't you learn Mandarin?Imagine the possibilities, than you can annoy more than billion people.
Perfect from No1e.

Pirata.
Pics tried his best, but it was never going to be enough against Djoker on a calm sunny day. Still a great result for him - and it's been a great year for him in the slams, 2QF's and 2SF's (losing to Djoker 2x, Murray and Nadal) - heaps of others would kill for that kind of GS performance.

yep, but his haters will bend over backwards to call him a vulture. Two QFs, two SFs and losing only to top 4 at the slams this year and somehow still gets hate for it.

Action Jackson

Well Djokovic beat Ferrer and played very well today that is exactly what this thread is actually about and nothing else.

Mountaindewslave
I respect Ferrer but I am glad he is not getting close to winning a slam. You really got to be good to reach a slam final. No Thomas Johansson or Roddick bullshit these days. Only great players with complete games can win slams these days

'only great players with complete games can win slams these days'

basically what you mean and what is the truth is that the tour blows today and there are only a few players who have very much talent.... there are like 5 good players and a bunch of bad ones so it really isn't that impressive that the same guys keep winning slams

an array of slam winners, or at least a different winner every now and then if anything shows depth in a tour...

P.S. Roddick is one of the most talented players of the last decade but had the ill fortune of being the same generation of Federer, don't be a clown!

Looner
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Looner, don't be a retard like luie, bobbynorwich, etc ... you are above their level.

Well, I am not going to annoy Noletards too much if they stuck to the match. Whenever they mention that #1 BS, I feel the urge to annoy them.

I'd be interested to see what happens tomorrow. I hope the final is not a night session, so I can watch. I will be really pulling for Murray though. He has to win one to make tennis more exciting and have a chance at #1 come the AO :D.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM

basically what you mean and what is the truth is that the tour blows today and there are only a few players who have very much talent.... there are like 5 good players and a bunch of bad ones so it really isn't that impressive that the same guys keep winning slams

better than 20 mediocre ones and 2 good like when Pete Sampras played or 1 great and bunch of solid and mugs when Roger started winning

Pscht
That first post is so tarded that I want Murray to win :stupid:

Sophitia36
One of the few genuinely nice posters around here. I repped you but I misspelled. I wanted Ferru to win but he was just awful. Still he's #5 in the world :D.

Thank you, I appreciate... Always nice to see some people appreciate what you post :)
Sometimes I feel like it all gets drowned in haters' posts and pointless arguments between -tards of various allegiances...

Regarding Ferru, I think "awful" is a little bit strong, but definitely, he was not very good.

It's strange that he actually played so well yesterday, in the awful weather (and I'm thinking UEs especially, not the rest because that might just have been the lack of opposition from a struggling Djokovic).
I mean, yesterday was the best I've seen him play since, possibly, Wimbledon :shrug:

Actually, I'm well known among my friends for giving bad luck to the sportsmen I really like, in any sport, so it might be my fault :lol:
Of course I tend to choose people who are very-good-but-not-quite-the-best because I get easily bored with people who win everything. So in a way I'm asking for it. But as it happens, sometimes I pick people who seem to have every chance of getting great results, and it never happens (case in point = Coria) :unsure:

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Playing deep balls with pace consistently = pushing.

what a fucking goat of pushing, this novak djokovic, man...

rocketassist
better than 20 mediocre ones and 2 good like when Pete Sampras played or 1 great and bunch of solid and mugs when Roger started winning

Didn't you have a Sampras avatar at one point?

NikolaBGD

an array of slam winners, or at least a different winner every now and then if anything shows depth in a tour...

P.S. Roddick is one of the most talented players of the last decade but had the ill fortune of being the same generation of Federer, don't be a clown!

A vi, kako 'te?!:devil:

What you think about Novak today, I wait for your opinion, like a true tennis fan;)

latso
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
The main mistake ppl do here is to believe that in the wind Ferru would have won....nonsense

Djokovic would have won in a similar fashion, same as what happened in Berdych - Muzza. Took some time for the better player to adjust and from there on it was more than clear, would have been the same in this semi as well.

Now i hope for an interesting final, but all points toward a relatively comfortable Nole win. Which wouldn't be unfair to say the least.

Sorry Muzza but things don't look too good. Rafa and Roger back in the draws in next Slams and Nole always around...i don't see how this first GS tittle would happen for the moment

freedomfry

Which asylum is it you're writing from? It must be great that they allow you so much computer time.

tektonac
Well, I am not going to annoy Noletards too much if they stuck to the match. Whenever they mention that #1 BS, I feel the urge to annoy them.

I'd be interested to see what happens tomorrow. I hope the final is not a night session, so I can watch. I will be really pulling for Murray though. He has to win one to make tennis more exciting and have a chance at #1 come the AO :D.

fair enough. atp rankings doesn't lie, federer is #1.

luie
Dedicated to Mark lender, tyfoon and pusher for life. Your hate for ferrer , well the USTA saved novak. Joke of a player . Nole is a lucky player.
A joke draw, injured wrist del-po and the USTA. What's next they play the final at night to protect the "flower" from wilting he!he!

zcess81

No, Federer's draw was a joke...until he met his first real challenge and lost.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Didn't you have a Sampras avatar at one point?

Me?I never had avatar in my life here.I dont know where to go for that?

juan27
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM

who is the pusher?????

today was pusher vs pusher , nole all the time waiting for ferru`s error.

real nº1???

where is the real nº1 in the grass season or in the clay season???

Time Violation
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM

If he wins tomorrow, he has #1 pretty much secured, post-USO he defends next to nothing.

luie
09-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Mc enroe said Novak had a "very favorable draw".
A joke #2. Even on HC he needs luck.

Saberq
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM

cry some more man come on please I know you can be that pathetic TRY it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zcess81
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
ballbashovic was in fine form today.

Should win the final but maybe he'll be tired.

Tired from what? I'm sure he spent less time on court than Andy. If Nole loses tomorrow it won't be because of tiredness, it will be because Murray plays better on the day...unless wind plays the part, which then becomes, who copes with conditions better.

Why So Serious?
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Could've been better, but the Djoker saves his best for the final I guess. Poor Murray. Seeing all those haters sukit is priceless though.

luie
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
who is the pusher?????

today was pusher vs pusher , nole all the time waiting for ferru`s error.

real nº1???

where is the real nº1 in the grass season or in the clay season???

Exactly. The better PUSHER won. End of story.

Looner
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Which asylum is it you're writing from? It must be great that they allow you so much computer time.
Reported :D.

If he wins tomorrow, he has #1 pretty much secured, post-USO he defends next to nothing.

If he wins tomorrow (future), he'll deserve and he'll be the rightful #1. As of right now he's been #2 for 15 weeks.

fair enough. atp rankings doesn't lie, federer is #1.
Yup, thanks :). That's why I want people to stop with that BS. I hope Novak loses tomorrow for RF's sake otherwise YE #1 won't be as enjoyable even if he gets it.

freedomfry
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Reported :D.

If you reread your post, you will see that I asked you a sensible question.

Matt01
09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Destruction :drool: Djoker :yeah:

Ferrer :bigwave:

Possibly, yes.

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Jverweij
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
great play by Djokovic. Ferrer was completely outgunned. He really lacks weapons to consistently hurt the top guys. Fortunately Nole did not waste too much energy today, so we are up for an entertaining final.

As a Fed fan I have to say, level of play wise, Nole is the best player atm.

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
6 in the pocket, 1 more to go.

born_on_clay
09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
never in doubt
next

luie
09-09-2012, 07:18 PM
and you are 42 years old.Hope you aint married dude

Novak is a better pusher waiting for ferrer error. I know u are from serbia, because u support Novak regardless of the injustice to ferrer.

Matt01
09-09-2012, 07:26 PM

Yeah, all luck ths Djokovic. Just like "Nadull" :rolleyes:

:baby:

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Novak is a better pusher waiting for ferrer error. I know u are from serbia, because u support Novak regardless of the injustice to ferrer.
What injustice?What are you talking about?No1e is from Serbia, but he's a superstar and is supported worldwide.:wavey:

Alex999
09-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I just wish that you guys could focus on the match, not rankings, not Fed, not Nadal, not Martha Stewart etc.

Looner
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I just wish that you guys could focus on the match, not rankings, not Fed, not Nadal, not Martha Stewart etc.

It comes with the territory, Alex. USO being the last major of the season has huge implications for the rankings. As for the match, I said it all in the live commentary thread. Just bad from Ferrer after starting so well yesterday. Novak was scary but Ferrer did not deliver as well as I expected him to.

jcempire
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Go Andy tommorrow

evilmindbulgaria
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Congrats, Nole, the true #1 at the moment! Now get some deserved rest and good luck against Murray on Monday/Tuesday.

Oh, and :lol: at all the butthurt Fedtards who thought Ferrer had a chance today and now can't find a place in helpless anger!

bounccer
09-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Ahahah, Nadal's tards hate so much Federer that they're cheering for a guy who dismantled their player countless time and have a decent shot to surpass Nadal's achievements just for having the pleasure to watch Federer lose his 1st place. :lol:

tennisfan856
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
i couldn't believe pics was having problems with his rackets in the semis of uso. I think it was all mental, but the last two sets he was just trying to find a racket after he kept spraying errors.

nole_no1
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Nole showed Ferrer how to play tennis in real conditions. THIS is tennis not the joke they played yesterday :worship:

Take the title Nole ! :D

Action Jackson
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
It comes with the territory, Alex. USO being the last major of the season has huge implications for the rankings. As for the match, I said it all in the live commentary thread. Just bad from Ferrer after starting so well yesterday. Novak was scary but Ferrer did not deliver as well as I expected him to.

Don't talk about rankings in thread, we have one in the stickys for that :)

Mark Lenders
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
NID. The wind was a great equalizer yestesday, but in normal conditions weaponless Ferrer just had nothing to hurt Djokovic, hence the routine three sets today.

Hope Nole wins his 6th Slam tomorrow.

Rumour
09-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Djoker :hatoff:
Ferrer :hug:

At least Pics managed to close out the first set before normal service resumed... Still, it's been another really good slam run for him. Now a couple of the usual suspects are yet again in the final and, while I think Djokovic should prevail once more, it will be interesting to see how much resistance Murray puts up given the improvement he's shown so far this year.

Sophitia36
09-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Nole showed Ferrer how to play tennis in real conditions. THIS is tennis not the joke they played yesterday :worship:

That's debatable really. You could also argue that a player of Nole's class should be able to adjust to bad weather conditions. Ferrer was able to do it, and he's obviously not as good as Djokovic. Djokovic was not moving well at all, and Ferrer was moving well and adjusting far better.

Now, in RG, I remember there was also a lot of wind during the Nadal/Ferrer semi (though arguably not as much). In that case, the commentators were saying that it was an advantage for Nadal because it amplified his already huge lift. Ferrer being short, he had to take the ball above shoulder level and therefore the wind was just making it even more unplayable for him.
Yet I did not see anyone say it was unfair (actually, what I saw was people mocking Ferrer for supposedly not playing well, or claiming he was doing it on purpose to let Nadal through because he was a Spaniard :rolleyes:)

joplin
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
nothing special from Djokovic really, Muzza should take the title relatively easily

Alex999
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Looner, I understand but there are so many posts that are completely irrelevant when it comes to the actual match. I mean every thread on MTF ended up being derailed anyway. what bugs me the most is that some guys here just love to fight. it's like 'mine is bigger than yours' etc. hope you understand. You like Fed, I like Nole but we are perfectly civil with one another :).

Saberq
09-09-2012, 08:09 PM
I feel pity for Big John

Chris Kuerten
09-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Take the title Nole ! :DYesterday showed that Ferrer is a more talented player than Djokovic.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Agree with Guga :shrug:

evilmindbulgaria
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I feel pity for Big John

Yep, he will be banned again soon and we will get to witness new pieces of "wisdom" in his siggy :devil:

Just give it up Johnny, you suck at life!

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Yesterday showed that Ferrer is a more talented player than Djokovic.
You know tennis, no doubt about it.

nick the greek
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Agree with Guga :shrug:
Shut up Timmy boy.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
You see, there is difference between the two of us, I don't care what you believe.

Touché.

:p

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Guga's posting is almost as good as his play :yeah:

Time Violation
09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Guga is losing it :lol:

Nole fan
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
sounds like you were watching a different match

Sexybeast, Looner and Bobbynorwich are always watching a different match. The trio from hell, so pathetic. :lol:

Saberq
09-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I love this forum.All people here all Fedtards,Rafatards,Noletards never a dull moment.Group hug :D

Nole fan
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
No holes in nole's game today. Frightening tennis once again. Playing today may have actually helped him get into the groove for tomorrow's match. Poor Muzza. Variety alone will not stop this juggernaut. He needs to put his ballbasher hat on as well. Where the hell has this Nole been the whole summer :eek:

In Toronto and Cincy he already played like this (minus the brainfart against Olderer). :)

Nole fan
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM

You're so pathetic man, give it up. :facepalm:

Nole fan
09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
you are talking crap.

Djokovic had more winners than Ferrer.

Guy who hits the winners is not pusher. Pusher is guy who just tries to keep ball in game and instead hitting winners , he makes points from opponent errors.

Amazing that their first language is English and they still don't know the meaning of pushing. :scratch:

luie
09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
NID. The wind was a great equalizer yestesday, but in normal conditions weaponless Ferrer just had nothing to hurt Djokovic, hence the routine three sets today.

Hope Nole wins his 6th Slam tomorrow.

The delicate flower couldn't handle a little wind poor baby.

Looner
09-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Sexybeast, Looner and Bobbynorwich are always watching a different match. The trio from hell, so pathetic. :lol:

Nole fan, do not use my name to talk about BS. Thanks.

tnosugar
09-09-2012, 09:01 PM

well, fed fell with the first serious opponent... so no use using this as some kind of excuse. Djokovic played great, but slip-ups tomorrow could cost him. He'll have to be at his very best.

retister
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Looner, I understand but there are so many posts that are completely irrelevant when it comes to the actual match. I mean every thread on MTF ended up being derailed anyway. what bugs me the most is that some guys here just love to fight. it's like 'mine is bigger than yours' etc. hope you understand. You like Fed, I like Nole but we are perfectly civil with one another :).

It's pretty simple, really. There is always an idiot that starts the flaming and then, there's another idiot that starts responding to that. And then all hell breaks loose. The trick is to teach that second idiot to keep his mouth shut.

tnosugar
09-09-2012, 09:10 PM
posted this 6 days ago...

posters here could learn a lot from that one.

IOFH
09-09-2012, 09:47 PM
From yesterday

:confused: It will be 2-6 6-2 6-3 6-2 with 2 hours of play tomorrow.

Amount of games correct, and the time pretty much correct also I think. I'm a genius.

thrust
09-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Poor vulture. Couldn't vulture his way to a slam final. :awww:

I cannot believe the juvenile remarks, trashing Ferrer here. David is 5-9, playing and often beating guys over 6ft tall. He is the perfect example of a player getting the most out of his physical potential. To ridicule him is both stupid and mean spirited. But then, stupidity and trash talk, is the norm here.

Pusha T
09-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Backboard Pushovic: the best player in the world on slow-medium hard courts (unless of course it's windy outside).

Certinfy
09-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Can't believe Ferrer got a set regardless of the conditions. Djokovic should retire for his fans.

nole_no1
09-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Yesterday showed that Ferrer is a more talented player than Djokovic.

I thought you were a sane poster :hug:

Certinfy
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I thought you were a sane poster :hug:
I was only joking of course, but losing a set to Ferrer? Did Djokovic spend Friday night sniffing some coke with Gasquet or what?

Lopez
09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow the amount of Fedtards hating Djokovic for this result is unbelievable. I get it, you're probably annoyed that if Nole wins, Roger might not end the year as nr.1. I find that a bit annoying as well to be honest, this is probably Roger's last chance to do so and I would prefer him getting it over Nole. But it is what it is. Besides, if Roger has a similar indoor season than last year, anything is possible.

nole_no1
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I was only joking of course, but losing a set to Ferrer? Did Djokovic spend Friday night sniffing some coke with Gasquet or what?

Mate look closely i was not talking to you :lol: Still, welcome back

tektonac
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
great win for nole, he was aggressive when he needed to be, he was patient when he needed to be. it is daunting task playing ferrer who retrieves like there is no tomorrow.

Certinfy
09-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Fuck, don't know what I even read. :o

Thanks.

quarter
09-09-2012, 10:59 PM

can't be worse than big john

Lopez
09-09-2012, 11:00 PM
great win for nole, he was aggressive when he needed to be, he was patient when he needed to be. it is daunting task playing ferrer who retrieves like there is no tomorrow.

Nole's problem against good retrievers is that his net game is poor. He could play a lot shorter points with better volleys and overheads, should really work on that. He made his life difficult at the AO against Nadal when Rafa could just chip his backhand back into the court and Nole would almost never move in and hit a winning volley. Did that maybe once or twice.

tektonac
09-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Nole's problem against good retrievers is that his net game is poor. He could play a lot shorter points with better volleys and overheads, should really work on that. He made his life difficult at the AO against Nadal when Rafa could just chip his backhand back into the court and Nole would almost never move in and hit a winning volley. Did that maybe once or twice.

some volleys were good, some were bad. i think he said he was working on his net game. i would also like to see shorter points from him.

Mr. Oracle
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Of all the different nightmare scenarios that could have played out here for Djoker today prior to a final played back to back, he essentially got what he wanted: a practice session with a player who very much approximates the type of player he will play in the final. Just one more match and tennis will be saved.

zlaja777
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Looks easy, missed this match. Good luck and take the title.

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Djesus :worship:

Take out the trash in the finals now please. Save the sport from Mandy.

Nole fan
09-10-2012, 12:28 AM
can't be worse than big john

Actually you got me there, 100% right. :)

By the way welcome back Certinfy! It's good to have you here again. :D

EliSter
09-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Djesus :worship:

Take out the trash in the finals now please. Save the sport from Mandy.

Last hope for humanity...

Corey Feldman
09-10-2012, 12:44 AM
this thread is too full of vomit

and i havnt even posted here till now

johnny tsunami
09-10-2012, 02:08 AM
poor volleying from novak. Its pretty sad for him to get ahead in so many points and be so easily passed with such a lengthy body. He's never going to be able to volley like federer or tsonga, especially with an 18 x 20 frame (you just can't get that much backspin with them), but he should invest some more practice in it.

allpro
09-10-2012, 03:49 AM
if djoker and ferrer are 'pushers', then what the hell does that make tomic? :scratch:

BroTree123
09-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Thank the tennis Gods for giving us the chance to save tennis tomorrow.

Freak3yman84
09-10-2012, 05:12 AM
What a horrible match this was... There were never any close/tense moments. What a difference the wind makes...

tnosugar
09-10-2012, 06:09 AM
poor volleying from novak. Its pretty sad for him to get ahead in so many points and be so easily passed with such a lengthy body. He's never going to be able to volley like federer or tsonga, especially with an 18 x 20 frame (you just can't get that much backspin with them), but he should invest some more practice in it.

agree there. and I think he has... just hasn't got the touch it seems. i'm not sure you can learn that at this point.

tnosugar
09-10-2012, 06:11 AM

maybe you were :D

finishingmove
09-10-2012, 06:49 AM
if djoker and ferrer are 'pushers', then what the hell does that make tomic? :scratch:

Ljubicic, another pusher with a fuck-ugly game. Choker too.

Nole fan
09-10-2012, 09:19 AM
What a horrible match this was... There were never any close/tense moments. What a difference the wind makes...

Yes, wind is an equalizer.

Federer in 2
09-10-2012, 07:47 PM
The story of this match shows the real face of Djokovic and his fans so well...
'No1e', The Barbarian, struggling to put the ball on his racket until he is saved by nothing else but pure luck.

And his fans, the Djokotards, are not less hilarious. Claiming that the number one player in the world Roger Federer requires perfect conditions (Indoor) to have a chance of winning, until their precious Djokovic can only hope for a tornado to prevent his sissy-ass groundstrokes from landing somewhere in downtown Manhattan.

Scary to think that people will soon start forgetting what the term 'Top 2' really means. It's not a good situation when there is only one real champion to keep this sport alive, which is why tennis needs Nadal back more than ever.

NID
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
OK, we get it, Federer was robbed of his place in the finals vs Ferru.

Saberq
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
'No1e', The Barbarian, struggling to put the ball on his racket until he is saved by nothing else but pure luck.

And his fans, the Djokotards, are not less hilarious. Claiming that the number one player in the world Roger Federer requires perfect conditions (Indoor) to have a chance of winning, until their precious Djokovic can only hope for a tornado to prevent his sissy-ass groundstrokes from landing somewhere in downtown Manhattan.

Scary to think that people will soon start forgetting what the term 'Top 2' really means. It's not a good situation when there is only one real champion to keep this sport alive, which is why tennis needs Nadal back more than ever.

hahahahaha Novak needs normal conditions you joke.Unlike the Swiss that needs Nadal injured so he can win something

nole_no1
09-10-2012, 08:33 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? Were they supposed to play during a tornado or what? Or is Nole's fault that the weather was so bad? Give me a break. We all saw the real value between them when the conditions were as it should be. Normal

EliSter
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Birdshit slaped best HC player atm couple days ago idk wth are u doing here?

rocketassist
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
hahahahaha Novak needs normal conditions you joke.Unlike the Swiss that needs Nadal injured so he can win something

Eh? Federer won Wimbledon. Nadal played it and lost fair and square to Rosol.

Drusilla
09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Much nonsense is posted on here but the worst of all is this 'saving tennis' crap.

It's totally cringable...and fans of all are guilty.

Are people aware how ridiculous it makes them look?

Sophitia36
09-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Much nonsense is posted on here but the worst of all is this 'saving tennis' crap.

It's totally cringable...and fans of all are guilty.

Are people aware how ridiculous it makes them look?

I was just about to post the same thing.

Would it be asking too much to stop turning every single thread into childish fights between various ...-tards / haters?

Federer in 2
09-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? Were they supposed to play during a tornado or what? Or is Nole's fault that the weather was so bad? Give me a break. We all saw the real value between them when the conditions were as it should be. Normal

Define 'Normal'.

Sophitia36
09-11-2012, 03:12 PM
At least Ferrer can have the small consolation of having been the only player who was able to produce very good tennis in the wind.

Looner
09-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Eh? Federer won Wimbledon. Nadal played it and lost fair and square to Rosol.

You are wrong. For Nadaltards, playing under the roof is unfair :awww:.