Would Murray's GS be tainted? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Would Murray's GS be tainted?

superhoops
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Im a big Murray fan from when he first appeared at Wimbledon as a 16 year old and watched him rise the rankings. Also being a Brit I have been exposed to the constant comparisons in the British press to Henman and Rusedski who never won a Grand Slam. My question, and sorry if it has been asked, mods can forward it to another thread if so, is if Murray won this US Open or another GS without facing any of the top 3, would his title be tainted, and therefore the question still to remain whether he can do it at the very top?

In this context it would refer to if he beat Ferrer in the final, which if Ferrer wins tonight, I am very confident off.

Read and discuss...

In my opinion, I am worried he'll go into the record books with an asterisk by his name as US Open champion saying in small writing, didn't face Fed, Nadal or Joker

scoobs
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Nope.

You beat who gets put in front of you.

I'm sure there'd be many who want to put asterisks against it for their own reasons but that's not the way it works.

JoWillyTso
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
No Djokovic, Nadal and Federer all beat UNSEEDED players for their 1st slams. Ferrer is the 4th seed. If Murray won several grandslams beating players other than Djokovic, Nadal and Federer then it might be a bit lucky, but Murray beating Ferrer for his first slam would still be harder than what the afromentioned 3 had to face.

Also, winning a slam at all would give him confidence in future slams to beat the top 3.

decrepitude
09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
As if a player can choose who he meets. . . no doubt many here would say it had an asterisk, but not those with any sense. It's not as if he hadn't beaten both Federer and Djokovic, as recently as in their last matches too. But I don't think it will come to that - I expect him to meet Djokovic.

MaxPower
09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
First let him win the GS. Then we can discuss how tainted it is.

Now the discussion should be: If Murray gets another GS runner up plate, can he host a dinner party with these plates?

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 02:27 PM
No Djokovic, Nadal and Federer all beat UNSEEDED players for their 1st slams. Ferrer is the 4th seed. If Murray won several grandslams beating players other than Djokovic, Nadal and Federer then it might be a bit lucky, but Murray beating Ferrer for his first slam would still be harder than what the afromentioned 3 had to face.

Also, winning a slam at all would give him confidence in future slams to beat the top 3.

This.

Federer in 2
Yes, there will be a little '*' next to his Slam, but the fact that he has won A LOT of Masters events, reached 4 other GS finals and had a career of a Slam champion, will make up for it. If you take the circumstances into account, any first Slam will be fully deserved.

scoobs
As if a player can choose who he meets. . . no doubt many here would say it had an asterisk, but not those with any sense. It's not as if he hadn't beaten both Federer and Djokovic, as recently as in their last matches too. But I don't think it will come to that - I expect him to meet Djokovic.

I expect him to meet Djokovic and he would go in as the underdog.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 02:28 PM
As tainted as Roddick's 2003 USO when the schedulers favoured him, or USO 2008 when he had a day's less rest than Fed for the final i.e. no. He'd have to thank CBS though.

scoobs
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Most of those who would put the * there are those who would do it because they don't like him or the way he plays, would never accept him winning a slam no matter who he beat, and will find any excuse for justifying why their smug predictions that he'd never win a slam were proven wrong.

But this is all premature.

Ben.
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
This is MTF. Every GS comes with a thousand excuses here.

Las7
09-09-2012, 02:36 PM
US OPEN organization is tainted.

shadows
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Not tainted per say, but people will look at it differently if he dodges all of the big 3.

paseo
09-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Already giving Murray the title, eh?

Roy Emerson
09-09-2012, 02:40 PM
No.

bobbynorwich
09-09-2012, 02:41 PM
No, but the same argument could be made if Djoker wins it --- he didn't have to face Nadal or Federer either.

:cool:

Goldenoldie
09-09-2012, 02:44 PM
If A beats B, he deserves the title.

If A doesn't get the chance to beat B, because B has already lost to C, then he has to face and beat C to deserve the title.

Simple really.

The only "taint" is that Nadal was absent, and the last time Murray and Nadal met in the wind, if I remember rightly, Murray was totally outclassed and humiliated.

Sanya
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Of course not. I`m not sure everyone knows/remembres how Goran got that title 11 years ago. But I never read anything about special circumstances, smth else.

It`s impossible to take off anything from GS champion, even if in the final he beated Donald Young.

Freak3yman84
09-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Nope. Ferru is a good player and if he beats Djokovic, but loses to Murray and would mean that Murray played a better GS than Djokovic. Same thing with him beating Berdych after Berdych beat Fed :shrug:

Cereal Killer
09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
It's not like Djokovic and Federer weren't in the draw or had to retire/withdraw. If they both lose before facing Murray that's their problem, not his. You can only beat who's in front of you. Besides, I still expect Djokovic to make the final.

DjokerFan3
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Nope not at all, you can only play who is in front of you.
And if Djoker is unable to reach the final this time around, that has nothing to do with Murray.

Curious to see if Murray will be 5th time lucky on Monday or collect a 5th runner-up plate.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Djokovic has to beat Federer in SF and fired up Tsonga. Mugray got Sylic Windych and maybe 31 yo Ferrer :o His luck would be enourmus...

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Any "slam" that Murray wins automatically loses its slam status. Tainted, no? But winning non-slam tournaments does not make you a slam winner.

Clydey
09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Im a big Murray fan from when he first appeared at Wimbledon as a 16 year old and watched him rise the rankings. Also being a Brit I have been exposed to the constant comparisons in the British press to Henman and Rusedski who never won a Grand Slam. My question, and sorry if it has been asked, mods can forward it to another thread if so, is if Murray won this US Open or another GS without facing any of the top 3, would his title be tainted, and therefore the question still to remain whether he can do it at the very top?

In this context it would refer to if he beat Ferrer in the final, which if Ferrer wins tonight, I am very confident off.

Read and discuss...

In my opinion, I am worried he'll go into the record books with an asterisk by his name as US Open champion saying in small writing, didn't face Fed, Nadal or Joker

I guess a lot of majors are tainted, then.

If Federer can't beat Berdych and Djokovic can't beat Ferrer, why the fuck would that be Murray's problem? Most players need a break to get their first major. Federer did, Nadal did and Djokovic did.

JoWillyTso
09-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Djokovic has to beat Federer in SF and fired up Tsonga. Mugray got Sylic Windych and maybe 31 yo Ferrer :o His luck would be enourmus...

Whether Tsonga was on fire or not he didn't have experience of a slam final(s) and that is the most important thing. Do you think Tsonga would have routined Nadal if it had been the final? I'm a massive fan of Tsonga but he had no experience back then and at the end of the day was unseeded. 31 year old Ferrer? The same Ferrer, who a year later has made 2 slam semifinals in the space of a few months and playing his best tennis ever? Not to mention Nadal got Puerta, and Federer got unseeded players in his first TWO finals. Also, let's not Cilic around 2009/2010 was playing superb tennis.

philosophicalarf
09-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Plenty such examples....

Nadal French 2010, played these rankings: >500, 44, 33, 29, 21, 27, 7.

Federer Wim 2006, had Bjorkman in the semis.

Nadal Wim 2008, had Schuettler in the semis.

<troll>
Nadal Roland Garros, 2006, 2007, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, had a walking bye in the final.
</troll>

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Guys ... don't worry. Murray is not winning this slam. :) You guys are so desperate. Why hasn't this thread removed? Aren't you guys assuming that he is going to win? Wait for him to win then make up stuff like this. If he wins it, he wins it. But wait for it to happen

abraxas21
09-09-2012, 03:23 PM
:facepalm:

then again, in MTF every GS victory comes with an asterik attached.

selyoink
09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
No it wouldn't but he will lose to Djokovic in the final so it won't matter.

Roy Emerson
09-09-2012, 03:27 PM
No, but the same argument could be made if Djoker wins it --- he didn't have to face Nadal or Federer either.

:cool:

Good point. Djokovic lost to Federer and Nadal in the last 2 slams.

TennisOnWood
09-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Only on MTF

Deathless Mortal
09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I can't stand Murray, but no it wouldn't. Tennis would be tainted though.

GOAT = Fed
09-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Have to admit Murray is very lucky if he wins this slam.

brb not facing Federer/Nadal
brb wind disrupting Berdych in semi
brb possibly not facing Djokovic
brb a days more rest than the other finalist

I suppose this is the only way he was ever going to win a slam; by sheer luck.

But I wouldn't put an astrik next to his slam if he wins because it's not his fault he got extremely lucky.

And to all the people using the examples of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic and how they won their first slams, well, these guys have done more than enough to show that they deserve their slams. They've consistently beaten the best players in their eras at the slams whereas Murray has never beaten Federer or Djokovic in a slam. And quite frankly his record against Nadal recently has been very poor in slams. Also add to the fact that one of his two victories against Nadal was where Nadal retired.

Tag
09-09-2012, 03:49 PM
no

he has chopped down berdych with style and made light work of everyone else in his way

routine days at the office, but, the first grand slam title awaits

Bleeth
09-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Sure it would be tainted but only for as long as peoples memory at this US Open lives, after that it will be just another information in the database equally worth as any other .

GOAT = Fed
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM
made light work of everyone else in his way
brb Lopez
brb Cilic
brb Berdych

This is exactly what I fear if MUrray wins a slam. His 'tards and the British hype will propel him to some sort of God status.

JoWillyTso
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Have to admit Murray is very lucky if he wins this slam.

brb not facing Federer/Nadal
brb wind disrupting Berdych in semi
brb possibly not facing Djokovic
brb a days more rest than the other finalist

I suppose this is the only way he was ever going to win a slam; by sheer luck.

But I wouldn't put an astrik next to his slam if he wins because it's not his fault he got extremely lucky.

And to all the people using the examples of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic and how they won their first slams, well, these guys have done more than enough to show that they deserve their slams. They've consistently beaten the best players in their eras at the slams whereas Murray has never beaten Federer or Djokovic in a slam. And quite frankly his record against Nadal recently has been very poor in slams. Also add to the fact that one of his two victories against Nadal was where Nadal retired.

So his performance at the Olympics didn't even show that he can play well enough to a slam? What about the Wimbedon final? What about the Australian Open semi-final this year? Truth is, people saying he is lucky or whatever are just bitter. He's no less fortunate than Federer, Nadal or Djokovic.

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
brb Lopez
brb Cilic
brb Berdych

This is exactly what I fear if MUrray wins a slam. His 'tards and the British hype will propel him to some sort of God status.

Whatever happens he's not winning the SPOTY. There's a new sport in town everyone's fawning over and it's not tennis.

Backhand_Maestro
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
INB4 Nole 7-5 6-1 6-0

Bleeth
09-09-2012, 04:20 PM
So his performance at the Olympics didn't even show that he can play well enough to a slam? What about the Wimbedon final? What about the Australian Open semi-final this year? Truth is, people saying he is lucky or whatever are just bitter. He's no less fortunate than Federer, Nadal or Djokovic.

Sure Muzza s good enough to win a slam, but if Nole loses here he'll have to prove it at some other grand slam (Australia is not that far ahead)

mystic ice cube
09-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Absolutely not. I remember people asked Federer when he was about to face Soderling back at the FO 2009 would it matter that he didn't face Nadal, and he simply stated that he was happy to face the guy who beat Nadal in order to win the title.

If he wins, he completely earns the right to say the GS is his. It's the other players fault for not getting there while he did.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
If Nole takes out Ferrer in 4 sets, in say 2 1/2 hours, he will be 100% for Monday. If he doesn't, he will only have himself to blame. He is a much better player than Ferrer. The Nole tards/ Murray haters (who mostly seem to be the same people) should bear this in mind. Also bear in mind that the hated 'Mandy' is going to suffer crippling mental damage if he f*cks up this chance. So you still have plenty to look forward to on Monday.

Yes Murray has had some luck in this Slam (mainly Cilic total meltdown from a set and 5-1 up IMHO) but he has had bad luck in others. There seems to be an attitude on here that if you don't beat Federer, Nadal, Djokovic in top form them the slam is 'tainted.' This is complete rubbish - you can only beat the player in front of you. If both Federer and Djokovic were to lose, does that mean it's impossible for Murray to win a 'non tainted' Slam - through no fault of his own?

Looner
09-09-2012, 04:35 PM
no way in hell. If Delpo's win was not tainted by RF's late SF, then this one will be perfectly legit.

Tag
09-09-2012, 04:38 PM
you beat who is in front of you

simple as that

Fed=ATPTourkilla
09-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Admittedly if Novak were up against Nadal it would be a different story - Murray could sit back with a beer and watch the two of them destroy each other. But the reality is that Djokovic is a lot better than Ferrer and if he gets dragged into a five setter he will only have himself to blame for the inevitable defeat on Monday.

caisenma
09-09-2012, 04:45 PM
of course not. he can't control whom he plays.

evilmindbulgaria
09-09-2012, 04:47 PM
There is no such thing as "tainted GS", that's a myth and a butthurt excuse only on MTF. If a player wins a GS tournament then they deserved it. Period.

NID
09-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Nope.

You beat who gets put in front of you.

I'm sure there'd be many who want to put asterisks against it for their own reasons but that's not the way it works.

this.

juan77
09-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Not at all. If he wins this USO without facing Djokovic, it will be his reward for being consistent in reaching the finals while the other top 3 were not.

star
09-09-2012, 05:04 PM
All this depends on how many slams Murray wins. If it is only this one, people might think it was a fluke. If he wins several, no one will even think about who he didn't play at the U.S. Open except for some guys on an internet board who like to find whatever reason they can to denigrate someone's achievements.

hipolymer
09-09-2012, 05:09 PM

What? Both Nadal and Djokovic beat Federer to win their first slam.

hipolymer
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
If Nole takes out Ferrer in 4 sets, in say 2 1/2 hours, he will be 100% for Monday. If he doesn't, he will only have himself to blame.

He has himself to blame for USTA's greedy scheduling? :confused: That's some fucked up logic right there.

Orka_n
09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Not tainted, but perhaps he would be viewed a bit fortunate. Still, it's not like he doesn't deserve a little luck after 4 lost finals.

Burrow
09-09-2012, 06:37 PM

Federer beat Roddick, who finished 2003 as the World Number 1. Nadal and Djokovic defeated Federer, who was the current number 1. What difference does the stage make?

And in finals, how on earth is defeating Philippoussis and Tsonga easier than Ferrer? And Puerta is arguable. Puerta gave Nadal the biggest challenge in a Roland Garros final.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Federer beat Roddick, who finished 2003 as the World Number 1. Nadal and Djokovic defeated Federer, who was the current number 1. What difference does the stage make?

And in finals, how on earth is defeating Philippoussis and Tsonga easier than Ferrer? And Puerta is arguable. Puerta gave Nadal the biggest challenge in a Roland Garros final.

The challenge to Nadal did not come from Puerta. It came from his pharmacist.

Burrow
09-09-2012, 07:45 PM
The challenge to Nadal did not come from Puerta. It came from his pharmacist.

And what difference does that make in context with my point?

NJ88
09-09-2012, 08:25 PM
No, winning a slam without beating one of the top four wouldn't taint a slam victory.

A slam win is a slam win. You can only play who's put infront of you, it's not up to Murray who wins and who loses along the way as long as he comes through. In a case of him not beating one of the top three, it would be them who were'nt good enough to come through the draw. Wouldn't taint it at all.

Bleeth
09-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Doesn't matter any more, if he wins it tomorrow it will be well deserved .

GOATsol
09-09-2012, 08:31 PM
If he beats Djoker, it won't be tainted.

But I hope he loses his 5th final!

The_Djoker
09-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Good point. Djokovic lost to Federer and Nadal in the last 2 slams.

No way he would lose to Nadal on HC. Federer maybe.

IOFH
09-09-2012, 09:59 PM
At first I thought this was another "Does pushing count?"-thread

Chase Visa
09-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Idiots will say it was, but it wouldn't be if Djoker did lose and certainly wouldn't now.

zdravkelja
09-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Every GS is deserved. You've beaten 7 opponents which is not an easy feat.

Garson007
09-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Tainted by his name on the trophy.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Not Murray, but Djokovic's victory would be tainted should he win since the tournament organizers gave him the semi-final win.

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Pushray still hasn't won a slam yet. What the fuck is with the arrogant Mandytards thinking he already won it? He has to face Djoker in the finals and that means another RU trophy for the Scot pusher.

EliSter
09-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Not Murray, but Djokovic's victory would be tainted should he win since the tournament organizers gave him the semi-final win.

Please cry more. :awww: All i can say is Roddick 2003 USO and Olderer 2009 RG.

EliSter
09-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Pushray still hasn't won a slam yet. What the fuck is with the arrogant Mandytards thinking he already won it? He has to face Djoker in the finals and that means another RU trophy for the Scot pusher.

They are getting cocky even if he still didnt won it, if he somehow manage to wins it hell will break lose with Mandytards around.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 01:09 AM
They are getting cocky even if he still didnt won it, if he somehow manage to wins it hell will break lose with Mandytards around.

that is very true, Sapeod will be unstoppable.

EliSter
09-10-2012, 01:12 AM
that is very true, Sapeod will be unstoppable.

:o Cabbage is harmless he says same things all over again like a broken record. Thoo new Mandytards will rise and it will be chaos.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 01:14 AM
:o Cabbage is harmless he says same things all over again like a broken record. Thoo new Mandytards will rise and it will be chaos.

just you wait, his 20 "sleeper" accounts will strike, MTF will crash and there will be a vid of t-doc and Setsampy jumping off a bridge

thrust
09-10-2012, 01:14 AM
First let him win the GS. Then we can discuss how tainted it is.

Now the discussion should be: If Murray gets another GS runner up plate, can he host a dinner party with these plates?

LOL!!

thrust
09-10-2012, 01:17 AM

NONSENSE! How do you know Novak wouldn't have adjusted to the wind and then win?

swebright
09-10-2012, 01:37 AM
You can't fight with the tornado .... Nole won fair and square, IMO.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Please cry more. :awww: All i can say is Roddick 2003 USO and Olderer 2009 RG.

If Djokovic wins, it will be forever tainted, asterisked: Gifted semi.

:)

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 01:42 AM
NONSENSE! How do you know Novak wouldn't have adjusted to the wind and then win?

It's a tainted win. No way around it.

EliSter
09-10-2012, 01:42 AM

Who cares, its still 6, what you and other ppl thinks doesnt matter. :)

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Who cares, its still 6, what you and other ppl thinks doesnt matter. :)

Winning at any cost. No wonder you support Djokovic: he faked and cheated his way to victories in the past. Only natural this gift from the organizer would not strike you as problematic and tainted.

Topspindoctor
09-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Winning at any cost. No wonder you support Djokovic: he faked and cheated his way to victories in the past. Only natural this gift from the organizer would not strike you as problematic and tainted.

:baby: Winning at any cost is a mark of a true champion. USTA tried to screw Djoker with their schedule to allow Mandy to rest, while Djoker toiled on a tennis court. You have no place to talk about tainted victories being a Fedtard in any case, The Huge Nose made his career from beating chokers, mugs and journeymen :wavey:

EliSter
09-10-2012, 01:50 AM

I know ur butthurt Nole might win 6 slams. And your whinning no mater how pathetic is i find it always amusing. Lets say he might win GS at any cost but he won it. End of story.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 01:52 AM
:baby: Winning at any cost is a mark of a true champion. USTA tried to screw Djoker with their schedule to allow Mandy to rest, while Djoker toiled on a tennis court. You have no place to talk about tainted victories being a Fedtard in any case, The Huge Nose made his career from beating chokers, mugs and journeymen :wavey:

I know ur butthurt Nole might win 6 slams. And your whinning no mater how pathetic is i find it always amusing. Lets say he might win GS at any cost but he won it. End of story.

Fail posts. Winning at any cost by cheating and faking is disgusting. You're not a true sports fans.

Matt01
09-10-2012, 01:59 AM
It's a tainted win. No way around it.

How often are you going to repeat this?
You don't even believe this yourself.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 02:16 AM
How often are you going to repeat this?
You don't even believe this yourself.

Not that often actually, and there is nothing to believe, this is not a matter of faith... :rolleyes:

You saw the gift, every one saw it.

DemiCrayanhan
09-10-2012, 07:46 AM
irrelevant now. he has to beat nole to win. honestly, even if it was ferrer, NO asteriks. ever. win 7 matches and you get a cup.

BackhandDTL
09-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Not that this is relevant anymore, but Puerta, Tsonga, and Philippoussis...just saying.

shmeeko69
09-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Read and discuss...

Certain people will always question this perhaps out of jealousy or because they're not a fan, but if you win any slam then, it should be congratulated regardless of who you beat. At least now if he wins he will have beaten a superb player like Noel in the final who is superb on hard courts.

retister
09-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't be tainted even if he had byes in all previous rounds. If you have beaten Novak for the hard court title, you have won it fair and square.

Lunacy, this. He still lost that first set the next day. Had they continued Novak might even have turned that around, who knows.
If anything, he is the one they screwed up the most. Ferrer won the set he probably wouldn't have and Andy got an additional day of rest.

Asadinator
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Djokovic's GS would be tainted, because he only played Mugray in Final. :o

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 11:11 AM

You include Nadal and Nole on that list yes?

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Lunacy, this. He still lost that first set the next day. Had they continued Novak might even have turned that around, who knows.
If anything, he is the one they screwed up the most. Ferrer won the set he probably wouldn't have and Andy got an additional day of rest.

Time Violation
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
BigJohn doing the stand-up comedy again, and even manages to keep the straight face, impressive :lol:

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 12:11 PM
BigJohn doing the stand-up comedy again, and even manages to keep the straight face, impressive :lol:

Hum... A voice of reason explaining truths to a bunch of clownish fangirls and haters (some of them stalkers). Not depressing, but not really stand up comedy.

Time Violation
09-10-2012, 12:23 PM
You and a voice of reason is an oxymoron :)

Looner
09-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Hum... A voice of reason explaining truths to a bunch of clownish fangirls and haters (some of them stalkers). Not depressing, but not really stand up comedy.

:haha:

Nole fan
09-10-2012, 12:50 PM
No worries now, he will face Djokovic, there is no tougher challenge. :yeah:

Nole fan
09-10-2012, 12:51 PM

Make us all a favor and start ignoring this mug. MTF needs to be saved. Thanks.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
:dance: can't wait

Think of the 5 course dinner Pushray will be able to serve with his runner up plates :drool:

MagicMilan
09-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Not sure if you're a clownish fangirl or a hater... You fit into one of these categories for sure :)
Now go cry a bit more and thank the Wimby officals. They GIFTED your fave a roof so he can have a shot at another GS :)

Wing Man Frank
09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Didn't even bother reading the first post, but based on the thread title the OP is a moron and so is anyone who agrees with him.

Looner
09-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Not sure if you're a clownish fangirl or a hater... You fit into one of these categories for sure :)
Now go cry a bit more and thank the Wimby officals. They GIFTED your fave a roof so he can have a shot at another GS :)

:facepalm:. This coming from someone with this avatar

http://www.menstennisforums.com/customavatars/avatar29578_4.gif

Moozza
09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Mug thread. Of course it won't be tainted. Mug thread.

MagicMilan
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
:facepalm:. This coming from someone with this avatar

http://www.menstennisforums.com/customavatars/avatar29578_4.gif
My avatar is a mirror so tards can have a good look at themselves :)
I'm not a clownish fangirl but a hater, a hater of tards.
Hey tard! :wavey:

Looner
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM

http://www.menstennisforums.com/customavatars/avatar29578_4.gif :help:

abraxas21
09-10-2012, 02:43 PM

yes, there's no greater challenge than beating the NUMBER 2 ranked player.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 02:48 PM

:lol:

t3TktrWPMls&

8f6T5PeYzsA

yyuiEzBb7hk

........probably slightly greater challenge would be playing these guys :shrug:

Matt01
09-10-2012, 02:50 PM

:worship:

Nole fan
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM

You mean the real number 1, right? Who is a greater challenge than that? :confused:

luie
09-10-2012, 04:55 PM

Nadull would know a thing or two about tainted victories and slams.

luie
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Yea and it would be a tainted slam for Novak. However u don't get to multiple slams with a little luck.
Nole USTA and mono.
Fed nadull being knocked out early at RG.
Nadull , weak clay court era.

jcempire
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM
2012 USOPEN Champ Andy Murray

Gagsquet
09-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Of course it will be. By his greasy hands and dandruff in his hair. yuck

SheepleBuster
09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Any Grand Slam Murray wins is tainted.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Any Grand Slam Murray wins is tainted.

what grand slam has been tainted by his victory :scratch:

I guess Jamie Murray's win in the mixed doubles in 2007 was pretty bad

Sanya
09-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Djokovic didn`t lose three sets on hard for two years, it`s really a big challenge. Last time such dominance happened on hard when Fed had in bag victories in a row at US-05, AO-06, US-06, AO-07, US-07. And Nole beated him at AO-08 breaking smth like 40 matches streak.

Keeping going it and Djok can be at least on paper as untouchable on GS hard as Nadal on RG.

SheepleBuster
09-10-2012, 06:38 PM
what grand slam has been tainted by his victory :scratch:

I guess Jamie Murray's win in the mixed doubles in 2007 was pretty bad

The fact that he plays tennis is a big loss for our sport. I can't wait till the dark days of tennis are over and this guy goes back to the senior tour to challenge Todd Martin :devil:

luie
09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
The fact that he plays tennis is a big loss for our sport. I can't wait till the dark days of tennis are over and this guy goes back to the senior tour to challenge Todd Martin :devil:

If Murray loses this final , then yeahe will be a big time choker like Todd Martin. Martin was Agassi n Sampras bitchboy. Murray will also be the fed n Nole bitchboy.

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
If Murray loses this final , then yeahe will be a big time choker like Todd Martin. Martin was Agassi n Sampras bitchboy. Murray will also be the fed n Nole bitchboy.

Murray already is a big time choker......

Drusilla
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Murray already is a big time choker......

Cruel but true to a large extent.

As a fellow Brit, I do appreciate his consistency in getting to finals and giving himself a chance. Unlike say...hmm...Henman for example. :p

Cereal Killer
09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe he will stop choking one of these days.

The_Djoker
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Maybe he will stop choking one of these days.

Getting outplayed by superior opposition =/= Choking. He's been blown away in every match, the last final was close but after the roof closed, Federer was just giving him a Tennis lesson.

Cereal Killer
09-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I wasn't necessarily talking about the finals. He was never really in a winning position in any of them, so it doesn't qualify as choking.

Drusilla
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
As far as I'm aware, 'choking' isn't merely all about losing from a winning position.

It's about sheer nerves preventing you from playing your best game.

In that case Murray does indeed 'choke' in grand slam finals.

Unbelievably so. One can indeed 'choke' from the outset.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 09:36 PM
You and a voice of reason is an oxymoron :)

Absolutely not, but then again, as a Noletard, you're kind of biased when it comes to my posts since I am not a Nole nut-gobbler who gets easily offended when thing Nole's failures and limitations are rightfully discussed.

GSMnadal
09-10-2012, 09:37 PM
It would be dirtier than Judy's knickers after the Deliciano match.

What a farce.

BigJohn
09-10-2012, 09:48 PM

:spit:

Make us all a favor and start ignoring this mug. MTF needs to be saved. Thanks.

Pathetic personal attack. The only kind you're able to produce.

Mjau!
09-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Is this the luckiest major win ever?

* He gets a rest day before the final, his opponent does not - crucial in the 5th set.
* He never would've won the first two sets without the farcial wind conditions.

All 3 sets won thanks to sheer luck. :o

alter ego
09-11-2012, 02:15 AM
31 winners for 56 UEs, 83 mph 2nd serve average speed, 111mph first serve average speed. I have no doubt that those are the worse stats ever done to win a GS final.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FhOM6YXPj1c/UE6QeUlxdWI/AAAAAAAAAEA/gxdZGX8F5qg/s1600/murray.JPG