The stars are aligning [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The stars are aligning

ballbasher101
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Murray will never get a better chance. Ferrer and Djoker will kill each other tomorrow and Murray will wipe the floor with the winner from that match. I don't believe in fate but everything points to a Murray win. First Tsonga got knocked out early. Federer got knocked out by Berdych. The wind took care of Berdych. A storm has forced the Ferrer-Djoker to be played on Sunday thus Muzza has an extra day to rest. We all know there is a certain someone who holds the Indian sign over Murray, yes people Mr Nadal is not there. Arise Sir Murray the major you deserve is finally in your grasp.

redshift36188
09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I think this post could fit in another ongoing thread, but indeed it's hilarious how many things are going Muzza's way: Nadal, Tsonga, Federer, Berdych under the wind and Djoko-Ferrer delayed. Not to mention he ran away with some lucky wins on Lopez and Cilic.

rinnegan
09-08-2012, 11:10 PM
If Murray doesn't win this, he should seriously consider trying his luck with the stars at other galaxies.

Zenjo
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I think they should move the final forward to tomorrow afternoon. Just give the Djokovic-Ferrer winner a quick 15 minute break and then get them back on court.

Roy Emerson
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
With all going his way it would be ridiculous if he does not win it. This is his best chance so far.

TigerTim
09-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Like Lendl he will win from 2-0 down after the other player gets tired. :worship:

Sanya
09-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Like Lendl he will win from 2-0 down after the other player gets tired. :worship:

You can`t be serious. :) :lol:

DjokerFan3
09-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Definitely Murray's best chance ever, but WILL he win it on his 5th attempt? Let's wait and see on Monday evening what happens.

And it's karma, in 2008, Rafa and Murray had to continue their SF match on Sunday whilst Roger just rested his feet up on the couch watching. Kind of fitting this time Murray is the one resting. Can't see Pics-Djoker going more than 4 sets though.

Jimnik
09-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Murray will never get a better chance. Ferrer and Djoker will kill each other tomorrow and Murray will wipe the floor with the winner from that match. I don't believe in fate but everything points to a Murray win. First Tsonga got knocked out early. Federer got knocked out by Berdych. The wind took care of Berdych. A storm has forced the Ferrer-Djoker to be played on Sunday thus Muzza has an extra day to rest. We all know there is a certain someone who holds the Indian sign over Murray, yes people Mr Nadal is not there. Arise Sir Murray the major you deserve is finally in your grasp.
Like Chelsea in May. :yeah:

Murray will win this 4-3 on penalties.

SheepleBuster
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM
I still pray to lord Satan that Murray does not win a slam. I feel this may be his last chance before moving out of the top 10 forever. So hopefully, he will concede the final before even playing ... i think that would save him and his family the shame of losing 5 slam finals

Drusilla
09-08-2012, 11:49 PM
I still pray to lord Satan that Murray does not win a slam. I feel this may be his last chance before moving out of the top 10 forever. So hopefully, he will concede the final before even playing ... i think that would save him and his family the shame of losing 5 slam finals

I like Murray. I want him to win.

When I read constant hater stuff like yours, I really want him to win. :)

TigerTim
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
You can`t be serious. :) :lol:

i am :)

ballbasher101
09-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Like Chelsea in May. :yeah:

Murray will win this 4-3 on penalties.

Indeed :worship:. Beautiful Chelsea :dance:. I'm still on a Champions league high :aparty:.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I like Murray. I want him to win.

When I read constant hater stuff like yours, I really want him to win. :)

It does not matter what you want. It does not matter what I want. Murray is not talented enough to win like an Apple is not powerful enough to defy gravity. Aight, holmes?

ballbasher101
09-09-2012, 12:01 AM

That is a bit harsh. The guy has reached 5 finals. He deserves at least one major.

Drusilla
09-09-2012, 12:01 AM
It does not matter what you want. It does not matter what I want. Murray is not talented enough to win like an Apple is not powerful enough to defy gravity. Aight, holmes?

We'll see. :)

Mon Muzza! :worship:

Moozza
09-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Andy has had a bit of luck here but it is completely deserved. This is just things levelling themselves out after the USO of 08. Having said that, Djokovic seems to love these sort of physical challenges and can pull off seemingly miraculous recoveries physically.

Coolio_Jack
09-09-2012, 12:04 AM
I dont think Djokovic can get tired, so Murray cant count on that.

ballbasher101
09-09-2012, 12:10 AM

Djokovic is not superman and neither is Ferrer. This is not the OZ open. It has been a long year. The Djoker has played a lot of tennis over the last 4 weeks. This is the time when fatigue starts to truly kick in. The Djoker might actually lose to Ferrer making Murray's task even easier.

Drusilla
09-09-2012, 12:14 AM

Maybe not.

He can just count on his recent straight sets Olympic performance...

Course Djoker didn't care lol.

Andi-M
09-09-2012, 12:15 AM

Will you leave MTF forever if tennis dies on Monday?

Coolio_Jack
09-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Djokovic is not superman and neither is Ferrer. This is not the OZ open. It has been a long year. The Djoker has played a lot of tennis over the last 4 weeks. This is the time when fatigue starts to truly kick in. The Djoker might actually lose to Ferrer making Murray's task even easier.

Until i see him getting tired, i dont believe it. And im not talking about how he looks between points.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Will you leave MTF forever if tennis dies on Monday?

There is no way that could happen. Nole won't let that happen. And if it does happen and Murray somehow wins this slam, it won't count. I mean Manny Pacman lost his last boxing match but come on. Nobody believe he really lost it. You know what I mean?

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 12:22 AM
We'll see. :)

Mon Muzza! :worship:

It is already done. Murray will go down with the longest losing streak in grand slam finals. I guaran-damn-tee it. :)

Drusilla
09-09-2012, 12:31 AM
It is already done. Murray will go down with the longest losing streak in grand slam finals. I guaran-damn-tee it. :)

Really?

I'll put real life pay-pal money on it.

£100 on Murray to win the US Open. Paypal arrangement.

You can have Djoko or Ferrer lol.

I'm so nice.

Deal?

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Really?

I'll put real life pay-pal money on it.

£100 on Murray to win the US Open. Paypal arrangement.

You can have Djoko or Ferrer lol.

I'm so nice.

Deal?

I don't bet on meaningless matches. Besides, it feels like stealing from you because really ... you may as well burn that cash cause it's as good as gone if someone accepts your offer

Drusilla
09-09-2012, 12:36 AM
I don't bet on meaningless matches. Besides, it feels like stealing from you because really ... you may as well burn that cash cause it's as good as gone if someone accepts your offer

It's not meaningless. I just have faith. You claim to have it so no problem.

I'll make it £500.

To win the US Open 2012.

I take Murray...you can have either of the others.

You're confident?

I'll paypal you with in the min..let's do it.

redshift36188
09-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Murray is actually one of the most talented players in the history of this sport. The problem is that he is too passive at times.

Cereal Killer
09-09-2012, 12:39 AM
If Andy wins on Monday, Djokovic was either tired or didn't care. Just wait for it. People are lining up excuses already. :hearts:

Drusilla
09-09-2012, 12:42 AM

I'll make it £500.

To win the US Open 2012.

You're confident?

C'mon Sheep....put your money where your mouth is.

nole_no1
I can't wait to laugh at Murray AND his fans (especially his fans) after he loses this one too :hearts: It will be priceless :worship:

SheepleBuster

I'll make it £500.

To win the US Open 2012.

You're confident?

I don't bet on matches. I have never done it. I would not bet on Federer, and I love the way the guy plays :) But good you are confident. If it is windy, I could see Murray pulling it off. If is not, he will be crying :)

ballbasher101
09-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Until i see him getting tired, i dont believe it. And im not talking about how he looks between points.

During the US open a number of players are pretty much running on fumes. During the final last year the Djoker was feeling it. Nadal was feeling it more though, had Nadal not faded the match might have gone to a fifth. The Federer match took a lot out of him last year and Ferrer might just do the same this year. Murray is one of the strongest guys on tour these days so he will not fade. Having an extra day to rest is a big advantage especially if the other semi was a grindathon.

Cereal Killer
09-09-2012, 12:44 AM
I can't wait to laugh at Murray AND his fans (especially his fans) after he loses this one too :hearts: It will be priceless :worship:

So what? He still had the best summer ever.

Drusilla
09-09-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't bet on matches. I have never done it. I would not bet on Federer, and I love the way the guy plays :) But good you are confident. If it is windy, I could see Murray pulling it off. If is not, he will be crying :)

Lol.

Offer is open till the match starts.

I've done it twice before on here.

I haven't lost.

Please contact me....or any of you that wishes a private bet.

My thanks. :)

BroTree123
09-09-2012, 01:50 AM
He will do it. Just doesn't get a better chance than this :o

EliSter
09-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Nole wont get tired, its a faking GS final and if he beats Ferrer im sure he will give all he can. On the other hand Mugray pushing can wear any human being down.

Mistik
09-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Lol.

I haven't lost.

Ok, 300 Euros

Lets play!

Topspindoctor
09-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Pushray could have the stars, voodoo, Merlin, Gandalf, Elminster and the entire Greek Pantheon on his side and he'll still remain a slamless mug.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Pushray could have the stars, voodoo, Merlin, Gandalf, Elminster and the entire Greek Pantheon on his side and he'll still remain a slamless mug.

:superlol:

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Nole needs to play 3 good sets tomorrow. That's a bo3 match's worth.

What CAN help Murray are shitty conditions. They complement his shitty game so well :D

Honestly, with the game he showed today, he's not winning a Grand Slam, whether it be his 5th of 55th final...

Aloevera
09-09-2012, 03:52 AM
It takes 4 years for Murray to experience the same thing again, but in different position. He finished first and watching the other guys battle it out the next day. Karma did exist... :angel: :sad:

Greatness
09-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Novak and Ferrer are playing for the runner up plate. This is the best chance Murray has ever had of winning a slam. He will only have to defeat 1 of the top 3 players as opposed to 2. Novak will either be too tired or Ferrer will be too busy getting outplayed from the baseline to do anything.

Murray has this in the bag, it's his moment. Besides, it would be messed up to see Murray lose 5 slam finals. He got humiliated at Wimbledon, got revenge in the Olympics and now will win his first slam. Gold medal + first grand slam = Murray's best year.

Having said that, I would prefer Novak to win the event. :)

xargon
09-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Novak's gotta win over Ferrer. Monday is a whole new day.

156mphserve
09-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Ferrer doesn't care about the stars, Ferrer in 3 in both the semi and the final.

Ferrer getting a slam and Murray still without one, that will be funny, can't wait :yeah:

n8
09-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Lendl won his 5th GS final after losing his first 4...

Satasonic
09-09-2012, 05:45 AM
It does look like Murray indeed finally got his chance, but the only way he is winning a grand slam is by getting devvarman in the GS final.

Allez
09-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I think they should move the final forward to tomorrow afternoon. Just give the Djokovic-Ferrer winner a quick 15 minute break and then get them back on court.

:haha: yes pleeeeeeaaaaase!!!!! :lol:

Allez
09-09-2012, 08:37 AM
BTW this is a rather sad jinx thread. Everyone thought the stars had aligned at Wimbledon and look what happened. Nole is still the odds on favourite for this. Stars aligning would have been having some mug take Nole out in the 1st couple of rounds. As it is the stars are aligning for Nole who managed to have Ferrer's momentum halted and who will have some needed match practice ahead of tomorrow's final.

Nr 1 Fan
09-09-2012, 08:39 AM
People saying Murray doesn't deserve a slam, because a lack of talent :facepalm:
He is seriously talented that's for sure, and even if he wasn't the most gifted player out there, so what?
Should only geniously talented Players win slams? Guys who work hard, train a lot, fight on court and have great mental strength don't deserve to win anything?
Dumb guys here on the forum :facepalm:

manadrainer
09-09-2012, 09:05 AM
This is Murray's greatest chance. Especially if Ferrer takes out Nole.

bounccer
09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
It's hilarious, really

- Lopez who can't take his chance against an awful Andy
- Tsonga playing like shit and losing
- Cilic winning before choking like a boss
- Federer losing (Federer, a boss in windy conditions)
- Berdych unable to serve decently in awful conditions where his risky game is fucked
- A day rest while Djokovic and Ferrer will play two matchs back to back
- No Nadal

You can't ask for more, really, he had already a very good draw in Wimbledon, considering Federer and
Nole played each others in semis and Nadal was upsetted.

ballbasher101
09-09-2012, 09:44 AM
It's hilarious, really

- Lopez who can't take his chance against an awful Andy
- Tsonga playing like shit and losing
- Cilic winning before choking like a boss
- Federer losing (Federer, a boss in windy conditions)
- Berdych unable to serve decently in awful conditions where his risky game is fucked
- A day rest while Djokovic and Ferrer will play two matchs back to back
- No Nadal

You can't ask for more, really, he had already a very good draw in Wimbledon, considering Federer and
Nole played each others in semis and Nadal was upsetted.

I can't believe I forgot the Cilic choke job :silly:. Ivan did win his first major in his fifth slam final. Murray will do the same on Monday.

finishingmove
09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I can't believe I forgot the Cilic choke job :silly:. Ivan did win his first major in his fifth slam final. Murray will do the same on Monday.

Is the British press writing a lot about this? Drawing parallels ?

Sanya
09-09-2012, 10:07 AM
If he gets Ferrer in the final and still loses somehow... Well, I think his "holidays" after AO in past would be nothing in comparison with this. Like punch in the gut.

Allez
09-09-2012, 10:17 AM

Lessons were learned after the Wimbledon final. No parallels being drawn now. This is new territory for Murray AND the press.

ballbasher101
09-09-2012, 10:25 AM

I have only read one newspaper story on this. The story just focused on the Berdych match and did not look ahead to the final. There were no comparisons between Ivan and Murray, that has been done to death by fans and the media alike.

Alex999
09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
If Andy wins on Monday, Djokovic was either tired or didn't care. Just wait for it. People are lining up excuses already. :hearts:
meh, no. Murray obviously has a big advantage here. we are talking about the final of GS. Novak will need to play tomorrow and if he wins, on Monday. not cool at all. the final should be played on Tuesday. :).

However, I have to agree with the OP. This looks like 'now or never' opportunity for Muzza.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
09-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm scared for what will happen to his career if he can't close this one out...

PedroMarquess
09-09-2012, 11:41 AM
AO. Nole won't be even a bit tired for the final if he beats Ferrer.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 12:00 PM
:facepalm: Murray had a easy draw at Wimbledon.....

.... Oh and federer didnt :superlol:

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Don't worry guys. Murray won't win a slam. The USTA officials will tell him like it is ... so he will oblige and not show up for the final, so Nole wins by default

bounccer
09-09-2012, 12:53 PM
:facepalm: Murray had a easy draw at Wimbledon.....

.... Oh and federer didnt :superlol:

Cilic in Rd16= decent draw
Ferrer on grass in quarters= very good draw
Tsonga in semis= amazing draw

Federer's draw was a joke until the semis but if you ask me before whose configuration i would choose
i would take Cilic+Ferrer+Tsonga over Djokovic in semis.

Looner
09-09-2012, 12:59 PM
AO. Nole won't be even a bit tired for the final if he beats Ferrer.

Nole had a day's rest between the SF and F. It's different here and he's played through a quite gruelling season of tennis. I'm sure Muzzah will be very hungry (he should be). If he plays like at Wimbledon, Muzzah should win if he gets off to a good start.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Cilic in Rd16= decent draw
Ferrer on grass in quarters= very good draw
Tsonga in semis= amazing draw

Federer's draw was a joke until the semis but if you ask me before whose configuration i would choose
i would take Cilic+Ferrer+Tsonga over Djokovic in semis.

Ferrer >>> Youhzny
Cilic >>> X-man
Djokovic >>> Tsonga

Kind of even. Djoker isnt as good on grass as people make out, hence why even Pushray routined him in the Olympics

PedroMarquess
09-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Nole had a day's rest between the SF and F. It's different here and he's played through a quite gruelling season of tennis. I'm sure Muzzah will be very hungry (he should be). If he plays like at Wimbledon, Muzzah should win if he gets off to a good start.

Nole didn't had any dificult match until semis, if he can win 3-1 in the semis vs Ferrer I think that he'll be well rested, but against Ferrer it's allways a fight of course. Murray isn't playing his best tennis in USO also. Let's wait and see :cool:

bounccer
09-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Djokovic was still impressive before the semi and almost everybody thought he would win the title easily.

Federer was the underdog, even more than before their match in the French 2011, more than any match in slams since his breakthrough except the final in the French 2008.

Sanya
09-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Ferrer >>> Youhzny
Cilic >>> X-man
Djokovic >>> Tsonga

Kind of even. Djoker isnt as good on grass as people make out, hence why even Pushray routined him in the Olympics

On grass? :lol: It`s easy to say after match where Mallise played like clown, but when he is on belgian is bigger threat for TOP players than Cilic on this surface.

Roy Emerson
09-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Djoker isnt as good on grass as people make out, hence why even Pushray routined him in the Olympics

Djokovic lost to Del Potro at the Olympics. Del Potro's worst surface is grass by far and the former Wimbledon champ losing to him tells you how lucky he got at Wimbledon in 2011. As lucky as Nadal got at the 2010 USO.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Ferrer >>> Youhzny
Cilic >>> X-man
Djokovic >>> Tsonga

Kind of even. Djoker isnt as good on grass as people make out, hence why Djokovic choked like a 3 yo girl in a Olympics games SF against Mandy.

Corrected for you.

uxyzapenje
09-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Aligning for him to lose to Ferrer and become THE joke of tennis. I expect Davydenko to make fun of him if he loses the final to Ferrer :devil:

Roy Emerson
09-09-2012, 01:46 PM

Another parallel, Lendl won his first slam at the same venue where he had lost his first slam final, RG. Murray lost his first slam final at the USO. If he wins the USO he would be following the same career trajectory. Can Murray make it happen? Or will he choke?:o

EliSter
09-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Another parallel, Lendl won his first slam at the same venue where he had lost his first slam final, RG. Murray lost his first slam final at the USO. If he wins the USO he would be following the same career trajectory. Can Murray make it happen? Or will he choke?:o

Even if whole universe aline for Mandy he will still lose.

TigerTim
09-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Djokovic lost to Del Potro at the Olympics. Del Potro's worst surface is grass by far and the former Wimbledon champ losing to him tells you how lucky he got at Wimbledon in 2011. As lucky as Nadal got at the 2010 USO.

Yep

scoobs
09-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't believe in fate. He's done what he needed to do, the results have fallen the way they have and he would still be the underdog in the final vs Djokovic so I think people need to calm their tits.

decrepitude
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
meh, no. Murray obviously has a big advantage here. we are talking about the final of GS. Novak will need to play tomorrow and if he wins, on Monday. not cool at all. the final should be played on Tuesday. :).

However, I have to agree with the OP. This looks like 'now or never' opportunity for Muzza.

No - just as it was "not cool" for Murray in 2008 when he had to play Saturday and Sunday to beat Nadal and then hadn't enough in the tank for Federer on the Monday. It's time he had some scheduling luck, he usually draws the short straw.

However Djokovic recovered well enough from his 5 hour fight with Murray in the AO semi to win in 6 hours in the final, so with his good powers of recovery and the fact he has had an easier run through, maybe it just evens things up a little.

SheepleBuster
09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I think stars are aligning for Nole to give the finger to USTA officials :D By winning the whole tournament without dropping a set in the final

uxyzapenje
09-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Funny how Djokovic hasn't even lost a set in the whole tournament yet, but Murray is allrdy seen as a champion

Mistik
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Lol.

I haven't lost.

Where you at Girl???

1000 euros here?

Ill make it 5000 if youre up to it... ?:)

Mistik
09-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Ahhh... And no deal... you should all badrep this con, cheater... :)

GOATsol
09-10-2012, 04:04 AM
OMG I am super excited for this!! We will see!

G4.
09-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Where you at Girl???

1000 euros here?

Ill make it 5000 if youre up to it... ?:)

just bet at the book of your choice and post the ticket here

TigerTim
09-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Funny how Djokovic hasn't even lost a set in the whole tournament yet, but Murray is allrdy seen as a champion

:smash:

Mistik
09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
just bet at the book of your choice and post the ticket here

Thats not the point...

This "girl" is probably tryin to con people here...

uxyzapenje
09-10-2012, 04:15 PM
:smash:

What? When I sent it, It was 5-2 Ferrer 1st set...

tennizen
09-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes.

Cereal Killer
09-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Probably not. :sad: He will choke this.

ballbasher101
09-11-2012, 02:08 AM
It was in the stars. Congratulations Champ :worship:. He deserved it. I'm so happy for him.