In light of this year's latest USTA farce, are you rooting for Ferrer to win it all? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In light of this year's latest USTA farce, are you rooting for Ferrer to win it all?

Johnny Groove
09-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I think it would be justice served if Ferrer hung on to beat Nole and then took out Murray in the final. Would be great for the game as well.

Would stick it to the USTA and CBS too. Poetic justice. Win it all, Pics. Shock the fucking world, and make all those suits shit in their pants.

castle007
09-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Let's do it Ferrer!!!

GOATsol
hell no

I want Djokovic to win. And I don't even like him.

TigerTim
tbh Ferrer win would be awesome :)

Looner
09-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Always was. Ferrer beating Muzz in the final would reduce the population of Murraytards to Red Book levels.

GOATsol
09-08-2012, 09:50 PM
it would be hilarious if ferrer won a slam before mugray.

but what would lenders think?? :confused:

redshift36188
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Yup, I'm definitely rooting for Ferrer now.

GVOAT to win the most stupid slam in a while.

Nole Rules
09-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Murray will win easily if Ferrer reaches the final. :shrug: Djokovic-Murray final would be way more competitive.

Saberq
yes god yes because he was sooooooooooooo gonna win without the storm

Johnny Groove
Murray will win easily if Ferrer reaches the final. :shrug: Djokovic-Murray final would be way more competitive.

How do you figure? The last 3 Ferrer-Murray slam matches have been very competitive.

GOATsol
if ferrer gets to the final, murray would win a slam without beating anyone good

djokovic better win

Kat_YYZ
I was rooting for him anyways :shrug:
I like both Novak and David, but Nole will have many more chances to win this tournament. He's been to semis or better for the last 6 years; clearly he's comfortable here and likes the court/conditions.

David may not have this opportunity again. Vamos Ferru! :cheerleader:

Garson007
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Ferrer winning would be hilarious.

Looner
09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
yes god yes because he was sooooooooooooo gonna win without the storm

Yeah, yeah. But Djokovic was a lock, champ, etc, right.

rinnegan
09-08-2012, 09:56 PM
LOL Fedtards. So pathetic.

Orka_n
09-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Before the semis I was hoping for either Berdych or Ferrer to take it all. And now Berdy is out, so.

cveks
09-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I dont think Ferrer have chance to beat Murray here so its better that Djokovic win match .

shadows
09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Ferrer winning is the only thing that can save this tournament. Would easily be the best storyline we could have.

nick the greek
No way.AJDEEEEEEEE N01E.

cveks
Fedtards are rooting for Ferrer, not because they like him, but because they wont that Roger Federer win no #1 at ATP tour at the end of the year :) . Thats so obvious.

green25814
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I want Andy to win, but I wouldn't mind Ferrer winning at all. Always had huge respect for him as a player and person. Would be very happy for the guy.

Also Mark Lenders would leave the forum forever, win-win.

IOFH
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I was rooting for him beforehand, so yeah.

He'll need these winds to keep up to have a chance for that though.

choppaa
09-08-2012, 10:03 PM
That's all fine and dandy but Ferrer can't beat both Novak and Andy, if he wins tomorrow he'll be routined by Murray. Everything is going in Murray's way, if he doesn't win it on monday, he is incompetent mug, he'll never get better chance to win. Federer out, Nadal didn't play, Berdych disadvantaged by windy conditions, Novak with big schedule problems, tired for final. Ferrer tired aswell, never been in a final. Slam Dunk for Murray.

rocketassist
I want Andy to win, but I wouldn't mind Ferrer winning at all. Always had huge respect for him as a player and person. Would be very happy for the guy.

That.

Would be one in the eye for the cash cow scum as well if an 'unfashionable' guy comes through it.

IOFH
Fedtards are rooting for Ferrer, not because they like him, but because they wont that Roger Federer win no #1 at ATP tour at the end of the year :) . Thats so obvious.

Ooohh aren't you clever. :hug:

redshift36188
Wrong! Ferrer winning would fit with how shitty this USO has been, that's why.

Johnny Groove

Or maybe some people aren't Fedtards at all and just want a hard working 30 year old, who has been screwed royally by the money grabbing USTA, to win the title? Thereby enacting poetic justice and sticking it to the man at the same time?

This thing is bigger than petty tardism and #1 stats. Fed has enough records. Djokovic has many years left to win slams. Murray the same. This may be Ferrer's last, best chance. I hope David regroups and comes out playing just as well tomorrow.

NID
09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I think it would be justice served if Ferrer hung on to beat Nole and then took out Murray in the final. Would be great for the game as well.

Would stick it to the USTA and CBS too. Poetic justice. Win it all, Pics. Shock the fucking world, and make all those suits shit in their pants.

there would be no 'justice served' if a particular player wins. although one understand why a nadal fan might be particularly sympathetic for ferru.

Saberq
09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah, yeah. But Djokovic was a lock, champ, etc, right.

of course .....rock and roll dude relax

Hypnotize
09-08-2012, 10:08 PM
it would be hilarious if ferrer won a slam before mugray.

but what would lenders think?? :confused:
Aren't you Lenders? :confused:

Oh, wait, you're just one of the many sheep who uses the same picture of Safin in their avatar.

Roy Emerson
09-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Murray needs this slam more than Nole. So I'm rooting for Murray. :shrug:

Johnny Groove
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
there would be no 'justice served' if a particular player wins. although one understand why a nadal fan might be particularly sympathetic for ferru.

Um, yes there would definitely be justice served if Ferrer won. USTA clearly wants Nole-Murray final, Ferrer winning would be a nice middle finger to them.

Plus, I am about the same size as Ferrer, 5'9'', 160 pounds, and him winning would be great for all players under 6 foot tall, to give belief that, yes, it is possible in this era to win if you aren't 6'2''.

Like I said before, this thing is bigger than petty tardism and bragging rights. It is about sticking it to the man and giving hope and belief to all underdogs around the world, not just in sport, but in all walks of life.

Looner
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Or maybe some people aren't Fedtards at all and just want a hard working 30 year old, who has been screwed royally by the money grabbing USTA, to win the title? Thereby enacting poetic justice and sticking it to the man at the same time?

This thing is bigger than petty tardism and #1 stats. Fed has enough records. Djokovic has many years left to win slams. Murray the same. This may be Ferrer's last, best chance. I hope David regroups and comes out playing just as well tomorrow.

Ferrer winning does help my fave but there are so many reasons why it'd be hilarious if he'd won, none the least for Mark Lenders who will have to deal with an onslaught of jokes :lol:. It would be good if Ferrer won this one though, I agree.

MaxPower
09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
hell no

I want Djokovic to win. And I don't even like him.

this. Out of the bad options left I got to go with a player that can "wow the crowd" at least a few points here and there.

But if Ferrer somehow reaches a slam final for the first time in his career it'd be hilarious if he grinds down Murray.

Roy Emerson
Ferrer would not beat Murray in the final anyway. It would be like Shanghai 2011 final. But a Murray-Ferrer final would be refreshing.

Steelq
Um, yes there would definitely be justice served if Ferrer won. USTA clearly wants Nole-Murray final, Ferrer winning would be a nice middle finger to them.

Plus, I am about the same size as Ferrer, 5'9'', 160 pounds, and him winning would be great for all players under 6 foot tall, to give belief that, yes, it is possible in this era to win if you aren't 6'2''.

Like I said before, this thing is bigger than petty tardism and bragging rights. It is about sticking it to the man and giving hope and belief to all underdogs around the world, not just in sport, but in all walks of life.
It is possible....if you are a woman.

GSMnadal
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
It would be hilarious.

redshift36188
09-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Ferrer winning does help my fave but there are so many reasons why it'd be hilarious if he'd won, none the least for Mark Lenders who will have to deal with an onslaught of jokes :lol:. It would be good if Ferrer won this one though, I agree.
This as well. I had already lined a couple before the match was suspended. :devil:

Orange Wombat
09-08-2012, 10:18 PM

I am under that height and I am not a woman. :cool:

NID
09-08-2012, 10:19 PM

ummm, can't remember you rooting for ferru against nadal in the rg semi. i guess it would not have been good for the game and overal promotion of 'justice in tennis' for him to win there.

so yeah, the best way to stick to a principle is to stick to it against your no.1 fave.

Johnny Groove
09-08-2012, 10:22 PM
ummm, can't remember you rooting for ferru against nadal in the rg semi. i guess it would not have been good for the game and overal promotion of 'justice in tennis' for him to win there.

so yeah, the best way to stick to a principle is to stick to it against your no.1 fave.

I was rooting for both in that match. Whoever had won, I was rooting for him in the finals.

Steelq
09-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Sry Gaudio i forgot about you.

Sophitia36
09-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Roughly half of the male population on the planet is under that height.

What disappoints me the most about today's interruption is that Ferrer was playing well. He was obviously in a good day.

Andi-M
09-08-2012, 10:37 PM
I totally get where JG and others are coming from. Its obvious USTA would have liked Federer/Murray vs Djokovic final, and would have been pretty pissed if it was a Berdych vs Ferrer enounter, and because they are so obvious it does make u a bit mad.

But obviously while murray is still in a tournamnet i will be behind him 100000%, If Ferrer were to win though I'd be toally gutted in a way but i'd be happy for him because he is such a pro he is so lovely and sweet shows soo much respect for everybody and fights for everything - nothing wrong with having a GS winner like Ferrer.

Chase Visa
09-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, if only to see Lenders taste it.

(although that could be possible if Murray won it as well)

Looner
09-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Roughly half of the male population on the planet is under that height.

What disappoints me the most about today's interruption is that Ferrer was playing well. He was obviously in a good day.

Don't you worry, miss. Ferru will get even more rest and will make Djoker work his arse off if he is to get to another USO final :yeah:.

gulzhan
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I was rooting for both in that match. Whoever had won, I was rooting for him in the finals.

Just admit it, Johnny, you want yankees to have a chance against Spain next weekend? ;) If Ferrer wins tomorrow and then plays a marathon on Monday, what will be left of him for DC match? :scared:

andylovesaustin
09-08-2012, 10:57 PM
this. Out of the bad options left I got to go with a player that can "wow the crowd" at least a few points here and there.

But if Ferrer somehow reaches a slam final for the first time in his career it'd be hilarious if he grinds down Murray.

For sure if Ferrer makes it to the final, I'd be rooting for him.

It's difficult for me to go against Nole, but...it wouldn't be the worst thing the world if Ferrer managed to pull-out a win considering the circumstances.

swebright
09-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I think Ferru was robbed !! The wind had actually died down after game 1. He had the momentum and they had to stop it. He was playing very good.
I hope there's a big storm brewing in NY now. Only saw tornado warning for Baltimore/DC area. This is absurd.

Ferru all the way; over Murray !!!!!!!!!!

selyoink
09-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Why should the shitty management of the tournament by USTA make us want Pics to win? I don't see the connection between the two.

caisenma
09-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Yes. But not out of disrespect to anyone else but because he seems like a good bloke who goves a 100% every match.

Thunderfish8
09-08-2012, 11:13 PM
I was rooting for Ferrer as soon as the semis were set. He is 30 and this is probably going to be his last chance to win a slam.
He was fucking robbed today, and I think winning it all would shove this organization right up the USTA's ass.

Djokovic and Murray will have at least 6 more US Opens to split between them. This is Ferrer's chance.

However, given the fact that they now have to play tomorrow (even though the rain has already stopped :mad:) I think Murray will be fresh on Monday and take out whomever makes it through.

Poor david. He finally starts to make shit happen, and then the USTA puts an end to it. All for money.

They've been screwing up for some time now, but I think this year is really the kick in the ass that they needed. This is going to open everybody's eyes and expose the corrupt organization that has been taking place the last few years. Something needs to change.

Even Johnny Mac agrees :p

Orka_n
09-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Fedtards are rooting for Ferrer, not because they like him, but because they wont that Roger Federer win no #1 at ATP tour at the end of the year :) . Thats so obvious.Bullshit. I'm a Fedfan but I've been supporting Ferrer for years.

Furthermore, I may be the first to admit that I don't really care that much about #1 anymore. I only wanted Roger to beat the record of most weeks at #1 and now he has it. He even got his swan song slam at Wimbledon. Everything Fed wins from this point on is just a bonus.

Sophitia36
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Don't you worry, miss. Ferru will get even more rest and will make Djoker work his arse off if he is to get to another USO final :yeah:.

Thank you that was sweet!:D

Yes I guess he can get more rest. But what scares me is that he hasn't been playing this well since the beginning of the tournament, so I'm afraid it won't be the same tomorrow!

Anyway, we'll see. I was expecting him to lose in 3 to be honest, and I was expecting the Djoker to wake up any minute... The problem with beginning so well is that it tends to raise the hopes suddenly!

I hope he takes at least that first set and then it will already be some kind of moral victory. Then if he can get more, it would be brilliant.

GOATsol
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Ferrer in a GS final is almost as bad as Errani in a GS final.

Rumour
09-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Why is it so hard for some to believe that Ferrer might actually have fans purely for his own sake? Being a Federer fan first and foremost I'm obviously disappointed he didn't make it this far, but I also like Djokovic and will be rooting for him in the final should he reach there. As for Murray, I'm still not a fan but he's grown in my estimation this year to the point that I wouldn't really mind him winning his first slam here...

Yet out of the remaining three guys, there's no question that I would be the most excited and genuinely pleased if Ferrer won this USO - and not just to stick it to the stupid organizers either :ras: So many people (including even supporters like me) not only underrate him but sometimes write him off when it comes to big matches, especially at slams. I would really love for him to show the world that he is more than 'just' a steady grinder or pusher by winning it all here; that he is, in fact, a worthy champion.

Johnbert
09-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Ferrer in a GS final is almost as bad as Errani in a GS final.

no, it isn't.

KarlyM
09-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm rooting for a new GS winner - Murray or Ferrer. ;)

Drusilla
09-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Why is it so hard for some to believe that Ferrer might actually have fans purely for his own sake? Being a Federer fan first and foremost I'm obviously disappointed he didn't make it this far, but I also like Djokovic and will be rooting for him in the final should he reach there. As for Murray, I'm still not a fan but he's grown in my estimation this year to the point that I wouldn't really mind him winning his first slam here...

Yet out of the remaining three guys, there's no question that I would be the most excited and genuinely pleased if Ferrer won this USO - and not just to stick it to the stupid organizers either :ras: So many people (including even supporters like me) not only underrate him but sometimes write him off when it comes to big matches, especially at slams. I would really love for him to show the world that he is more than 'just' a steady grinder or pusher by winning it all here; that he is, in fact, a worthy champion.

Even as a Murray fan, that's a lovely, passionate piece.

Well done....good points! :)

GOATsol
09-08-2012, 11:51 PM
no, it isn't.

yes it is

SheepleBuster
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
"Our sport deserves to have some rule if the conditions are like that," Berdych said. "You don't play because of the rain.

"We play in a grand slam, in such a big tournament like this one, and especially missing the roof, it's something which should be at least be thought about."

I agree with Berdych. I think we should move the US Open and bar US officials from all future events if possible

RNW
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I like all three players.

But Djokovic and Murray are in a completely different league than Ferrer.

Djokovic will easily turn around this match.

Ferrer is not even in top-form.

Brick Top
09-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Even as a Djoker fan I always had a sympathy for a hard working Ferrer who at least deserves a one GS final, on other hand I would like to see Murray winning a major for once, so I am kind a relaxed and waiting for better/fitter/luckier player of them to win this all thing.

Radar
09-09-2012, 12:02 AM
For sure. Vamos Ferrer, surprise everyone!

swebright
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Dar-veed Fa-rare for the win !!!!!!!! :-))

hipolymer
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Whoever wins the second semi will win the final. Hopefully Djoker wakes up though. :o

GOATsol
09-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Whoever wins the second semi will win the final. Hopefully Djoker wakes up though. :o

not if ferrer wins

Rumour
09-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Even as a Murray fan, that's a lovely, passionate piece.

Well done....good points! :)
Thank you - I've had quite a bit of practice lately defending Pics' honour ;)

Murray is simply not my cup of tea but, whereas before I was almost mystified as to what his fans saw in him, now I can acknowledge most of his better qualities myself. His bad habits still grate on me (especially the moping) but he's clearly made an effort of late to overcome them - wish I could say the same for some of my other favourites...

Johnny Groove
09-09-2012, 12:43 AM

This is the kind of mindset that will be erased should Ferrer win this.

Just admit it, Johnny, you want yankees to have a chance against Spain next weekend? ;) If Ferrer wins tomorrow and then plays a marathon on Monday, what will be left of him for DC match? :scared:

:lol: I don't really care about Davis Cup for Spain or USA, they've both won it and recently. I am rooting for Nalbandian and the Argies if anything.

Why should the shitty management of the tournament by USTA make us want Pics to win? I don't see the connection between the two.

Thunderfish below explains this well.

I was rooting for Ferrer as soon as the semis were set. He is 30 and this is probably going to be his last chance to win a slam.
He was fucking robbed today, and I think winning it all would shove this organization right up the USTA's ass.

Djokovic and Murray will have at least 6 more US Opens to split between them. This is Ferrer's chance.

However, given the fact that they now have to play tomorrow (even though the rain has already stopped :mad:) I think Murray will be fresh on Monday and take out whomever makes it through.

Poor david. He finally starts to make shit happen, and then the USTA puts an end to it. All for money.

They've been screwing up for some time now, but I think this year is really the kick in the ass that they needed. This is going to open everybody's eyes and expose the corrupt organization that has been taking place the last few years. Something needs to change.

Even Johnny Mac agrees :p

:yeah:

GOATsol
09-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Why would the USTA be sad if Ferrer won?

I know this is a stupid question, but how would they make more money if a Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic won the title vs a Ferrer?

BroTree123
09-09-2012, 01:35 AM
I'll say yes for the sake of something different happening.

EliSter
09-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Ferrer winning HC slam would be dissaster...if Nole couldnt get this GS i would cheer for Birdbrain but as he is out i hope Nole can save us from this blasphemy.

rinnegan
09-09-2012, 02:20 AM
no, it isn't.

It's worse.

Topspindoctor
09-09-2012, 02:25 AM
I am rooting for the Djoker because I would hate it if Mandy won USO (which he will if Ferrer wins). So, I am hoping for Djoker to turn the match around on sunday and win in 3, maximum 4 sets (if he can't salvage the first set), which will leave him not too tired against Mandy who will hopefully lose some match rhythm with an extra day off.

pinkkiwi72
09-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Ferrer please, please win this semi-final, that's all that matters! US Open final Murray vs Ferrer, my dream match as both players deserve to be there. If Nole wins semi I won't bother watching the final.

Jverweij
09-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Bullshit. I'm a Fedfan but I've been supporting Ferrer for years.

Furthermore, I may be the first to admit that I don't really care that much about #1 anymore. I only wanted Roger to beat the record of most weeks at #1 and now he has it. He even got his swan song slam at Wimbledon. Everything Fed wins from this point on is just a bonus.

agreed. I've said something along these lines a few days ago. Now that Fed has that record, I would actually be fine with him retiring.

Unlike most people I'm not a Ferrer-fan, really don't like his game. It would however be good for the sport if we were to have a new GS champion for a change.

So if I'd have to choose, it would be Murray, because if Sean Connery jumps the bandwagon, I have to follow :wavey:

Jimnik
09-09-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't get it. Why would a Ferrer victory punish the USTA?

ariel2
09-09-2012, 07:05 AM
This is Murray's to win. God brought a storm in so that Djokovic and Ferrer will have to play Sunday and Monday. Of those two, I think Ferrer could better withstand the physical demands of playing back to back matches. But even his energy reserves will be severely tested.

Boy would I want Ferrer to win a slam before Murray. I want David to win a slam period!

Allez
09-09-2012, 07:09 AM
No. A Ferrer win would be bad business. Murray needs to win this to take tennis to the next level. Beating Nole is for Ferrer what beating Federer is for birdshit. In any case there is no way in hell Nole is letting this get away from him. We can expect him to turn this around thanks to the USTA disgusting decision to halt Ferrer's momentum and let Nole off the hook. To be honest I think Nole would have figured out a way to win even if they had continued playing and probably would not have been in that situation to begin with if they'd played on Armstrong earlier. He probably was just pissed off and I expect him to be fully focused today and get the job done in no more than 4 sets.

Myrre
09-09-2012, 07:36 AM
That.

Would be one in the eye for the cash cow scum as well if an 'unfashionable' guy comes through it.

Just like Petr Korda

JurajCrane
09-09-2012, 07:49 AM
I am pro-Ferrer winning this damn tournament. If not, Murray or Djokovic - doesn´t matter. But Murray winning with super-ugly game he showed, no thanks :)

PedroMarquess
09-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Lol no.

Marcoo
09-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Ferrer must show that this pause didn't do anything to him, He must win !! Show the world that your the man David !! :D

bobbynorwich
09-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Ferrer is #5 in the world and has earned his right to respect in playing the final of a slam. It's not a fluke that he's in the semi-final. Never under-estimate him. Would love to see the 'little engine that could' win this thing.

:cool:

Alex999
09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm afraid Ferrer is not winning anything even if he somehow manages to def. Novak. however, I'm still confident that Novak will find a way to win even being 2 breaks down in the first set. that first set might be gone but Pics still needs to win 2 more sets. I'm not so sure that he can do it but suit yourself. Murray will be fresher for the final, if he doesn't win this he'll never win a GS.

all of this Super Saturday sh!t should go. Build the roof. It's simply not fair to players to play under these conditions. This is the 5th year in a row that the final will be played on Monday. not sure which Monday tho, maybe in November sometimes.

Singularity
09-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I am rooting for the Djoker because I would hate it if Mandy won USO (which he will if Ferrer wins). So, I am hoping for Djoker to turn the match around on sunday and win in 3, maximum 4 sets (if he can't salvage the first set), which will leave him not too tired against Mandy who will hopefully lose some match rhythm with an extra day off.
Why would Djokovic need any rest to beat a "talentless pusher" like Murray?

Johnny Groove
09-09-2012, 11:44 AM

rocketassist explains it well

That.

:cool:

PedroMarquess
09-09-2012, 12:09 PM

Neither do I. Upsets are good for Tv drama.

GOATsol
09-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, like I asked before, how would a Ferrer victory lose any money for the wta

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah, like I asked before, how would a Ferrer victory lose any money for the wta

Ferrer being in the final may lose viewers (in their eyes anyway, Djokovic being the much bigger star)

rocketassist
09-09-2012, 02:08 PM
BTW this post should underline why CB$ shouldn't have any say in the matter. Greedy bastards.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7000660&postcount=66

abraxas21
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
No.

selyoink
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM

The answer to both is it wouldn't. This is an idiotic thread that assumes play was stopped yesterday in an attempt to stop Pics from winning the match.

The USTA has embarrassed themselves with this tournament but it's not because they are trying to stop Pics from beating Djokovic. It is for a number of other reasons.

Roy Emerson
09-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Murray will be fresher for the final, if he doesn't win this he'll never win a GS.

Pretty much.

Tag
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
no. ferrer saved tennis by eliminating tipsarevic, and is playing with nothing to lose

but murray will always beat him on a hard court

Bleeth
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought we are all tennis lovers here, so why the hell would anyone want Ferrer to win (not counting Muzza's fans or Spaniards for obvious reasons) when it's clear who will show us a better tennis in the finals.

GOATsol
09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Ferrer being in the final may lose viewers (in their eyes anyway, Djokovic being the much bigger star)
oh ok, thanks

Bleeth
09-09-2012, 03:04 PM
no. ferrer saved tennis by eliminating tipsarevic

I just can't believe i just read this, did i actually see someone wrote "Ferrer saved tennis". Only way he could save tennis is to retire so we don't have to see any more of that annoying grinding. I mean it would all be OK if he was ATP no.40, but his 5th place is a big slap in a face for this sport.