Nicolas is playing in Thailand at the end of the month [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nicolas is playing in Thailand at the end of the month

kek
11-04-2004, 12:15 AM
I got a google alert and looks like Nicolas's injury is healing :)

From the Phuket Gazette:

PHUKET: Thai tennis superstar Paradorn Srichapan is due on Phuket later this month.

Paradon, currently ranked 21 in the world, will be bringing the 2004 Paradorn Super Tour to the island’s Laguna Beach Resort on November 27 and 28.

The tour, which features exhibition matches, tennis clinics and autograph signing sessions, starts in Bangkok on November 22 and moves to Nakhon Ratchassima before coming to Phuket.

Joining Paradorn on centre court for the first of the two-day tournament’s four matches will be Nicolas Kiefer of Germany, who is currently ranked 15 in the world.

Following the men’s singles, there will be mixed doubles, pitting Paradon and Thailand’s number one female player Tamarine Tanasugarn against Kiefer and a female player yet to be announced.

On Sunday, there will be a women’s singles match at 2 pm , followed by men’s doubles, in which K. Paradorn and his older brother Naratorn will take on two foreign players. Some of the matches will be broadcast live on Channel 3.

Tickets, which provide entry to both days’ play and are priced at 3,000 baht, 1,000 baht and 500 baht, go on sale next week at Canal Village-Laguna Shopping Centre. The 3,000-baht tickets include entry to a post-match “Meet the Players” cocktail party on November 28.

knight_ley
11-04-2004, 02:19 AM
omg!!!!!!!!!! i hope that is accurate czu that is GREAT!!!!!!

Neely
11-04-2004, 02:42 AM
Nice!! :clap2:
I hope that is true!

Maybe he announces it soon on his webpage! :D

Does somebody know if you can follow this exhibition event over the internet or it does a homepage where the scores are announced?

kek
11-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I assume that it is true. Maybe someone from Paradorn forum can confirm :confused: It is part of Paradorn's tour which he had one last year. Maybe a Paradorn fan would have a website?

kiwiteami
11-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Yes Finally some good news. :worship: I was geting so bored!! It is too bad that Thailand is so far away. :sad: I wonder who the female player will be! :eek:

knight_ley
11-05-2004, 01:51 AM
hahaha we were tryign to think of who the female player would be too!

Neely
11-09-2004, 03:38 PM
jirobkk posted also a topic about it in GM, so I guess it's really pretty safe that Kiwi will play there! :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=894834#post894834

GREAT! :clap2:

I wonder who the female player will be! :eek:
looks like Sprem will it be!

knight_ley
11-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks Neely!!!!! :kiss: