The vBet Chat Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The vBet Chat Thread

mreccentric
08-11-2012, 03:52 AM
This is thread is devoted to chat anything about your daily vBets. You can share here how much credits you won/lost. Who you gambled on, and everything and anything related to vBookie and VBettings.

Here i start:

What happens to the stakes of a vBet, when the match gets cancelled?:confused:
I did this for Murray vs Raonic, at Toronto.

mreccentric
08-11-2012, 09:19 AM
What are the chances of Tipsarevic beating Djokovic Today?

Julián Santiago
08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I think Tipsa actually could defeat Djokovic, i will give him 45% of chances

I don´t use Vbet

mreccentric
08-12-2012, 05:04 AM
I think Tipsa actually could defeat Djokovic, i will give him 45% of chances

I don´t use Vbet

Fis... I lost both the vBets today, one on Tipsarevic and another on Isner. Never thought Isner would lose. But Tips too had a good chance, when compared to Djokovic recent contests. Even he lost though.

Julián Santiago
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
I expect more from Tipsarevic :o

mreccentric
08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
I expect more from Tipsarevic :o

Totally lost 932 vCash(including profits) in vBetting so far. Major Portion is because of Tipsarevic, Isner and Gasquet in Toronto. More than 1000 vCash if i won't consider profits. That shows why betting spoils lives.

mreccentric
08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
@Julián Santiago

Why isn't there vbets for Doubles Matches?

Aenea
08-17-2012, 07:22 PM
you are asking the wrong person :)

I'll tell you.

There are markets for doubles but rarely usually for SF/F in Masters and GS. V-bettors on mtf show no interest in doubles matches and even when we have interesting encounters there are very few bets on them that's why v-bookie managers don't create markets for doubles.

mreccentric
08-17-2012, 09:18 PM
you are asking the wrong person :)

I'll tell you.

There are markets for doubles but rarely usually for SF/F in Masters and GS. V-bettors on mtf show no interest in doubles matches and even when we have interesting encounters there are very few bets on them that's why v-bookie managers don't create markets for doubles.

I would like to see doubles vBets too. At least for SF / F, like you said. I didn't see any of them in Toronto Masters though. We can have this when top teams are in the fight. Thanks for answering. :) :wavey:

mreccentric
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Lost 1k on Djoker today. One of my buddies lost huge amount through vBet upon Djoker, feel sorry to him.

Julián Santiago
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately, there are not real interest in doubles in MTF and in the tennis world

:o

Snoo Foo
08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Holy shit I had no idea this entire forum existed. Like, ever.

mreccentric
09-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Unfortunately, there are not real interest in doubles in MTF and in the tennis world

:o
There are people who follow doubles here, but the MTF is dominated by singles fans.
Holy shit I had no idea this entire forum existed. Like, ever.
cool that you came to know know... BTW, Snoo Foo, can you start some Doubles vBets? at least for seeded/ top teams. Let the odds be such that people will vBet in doubles too... thats my suggestion, but you can do in anyway.

TigerTim
09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
WTF??? My vcash from Tipsy v Ferrer is not in yet :o

mreccentric
09-07-2012, 05:52 PM
WTF??? My vcash from Tipsy v Ferrer is not in yet :o

same here... i'm wondering why this is happening.

TigerTim
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
same here... i'm wondering why this is happening.

I put 17k on Ferru as well :o

mreccentric
09-08-2012, 06:11 AM
I put 17k on Ferru as well :o

Still not settled... maybe you've to PM the vBookie.

TigerTim
09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I'll probably do that later today :)

J99
09-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Why aren't there any matches to bet on this week?

mreccentric
09-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Why aren't there any matches to bet on this week?

might be the vBookies are tired or want some rest.

Mae
09-29-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm still waiting for a pay out on a Match!

Mae
10-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Update I did get my pay out :) Sometimes you just have to ask for the pay outs :shrug:

mreccentric
10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
that happens

J99
10-07-2012, 05:15 AM
No Shanghai matches to bet on yet, cause it starts today, unless you are finishing up this week 1st.

J99
10-09-2012, 04:53 AM
I have a banking question, is the place to ask it?

Aenea
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Ask :)
If I know the answer I'll tell you.

Jimnik
10-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Where are today's matches? I want to gamble. :(

J99
10-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Ask :)
If I know the answer I'll tell you.

Ok, I was wondering how the interest works, say I put in the account the minimum you need to get interest 500vCash, so I will get 4% on that every 30 days right, but what if say a week later I put in 500 more does that start another 30 days and 4% for that 500, or is it 1,000 and I will get 8% on it in 30 days etc.?

Aenea
10-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Where are today's matches? I want to gamble. :(

no v-bookies available. everyone wants to bet but nobody wants to be a v-bookie. so this :( emoticon is very inappropriate.

Ok, I was wondering how the interest works, say I put in the account the minimum you need to get interest 500vCash, so I will get 4% on that every 30 days right, but what if say a week later I put in 500 more does that start another 30 days and 4% for that 500, or is it 1,000 and I will get 8% on it in 30 days etc.?
TBH I don't know but I do believe it is like with the real banks. the starting period is the day you initially put your money in the bank. I highly doubt the percentage will double if you put some more money into your account. I think 4% will be counted on the new amount of money+interest which you have gotten to the day. I will ask and if I get an answer I'll write here.

Jimnik
10-11-2012, 04:01 AM
no v-bookies available. everyone wants to bet but nobody wants to be a v-bookie. so this :( emoticon is very inappropriate.
No need to get so sensitive. It's just an emoticon, not an insult.

I'll happily be a v-bookie if no-one has time. Tell me where I sign up.

Aenea
10-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Sensitive? Only because I am pointing the truth? mtf users have a very strange understanding for "sensitiveness"
in the last year there have been 2 threads that v-bookies are wanted. why haven't you applied?
Contact Snowwy but only if you have a clean mtf record. If you have been banned don't bother.

Mae
10-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I tried it, but I just couldn't do it. The odds, the time of different Matches in different time zones, it isn't easy if you aren't good in these areas plus it takes a lot of time to post all the Matches! I could do the pay outs easily, but that was all! I really do wish some people could be found that could handle the job because I miss vBetting. The betting is the easy part being the vBookie isn't easy, but people that just bet don't realize that because I didn't realize it until I tried to be a vBookie myself!

J99
10-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Is vBetting dead, the final big main tour event of the season and nothing to bet on?

mreccentric
10-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Is vBetting dead, the final big main tour event of the season and nothing to bet on?

No idea... i see this happening sometimes.

Jimnik
10-31-2012, 01:22 AM
I contacted Snowwy. I'm applying to be a vBookie.

It seems it's a very tough job and the forum struggles to get volunteers. But I'd certainly love to give it a go.

Mae
10-31-2012, 08:08 AM

It seems it's a very tough job and the forum struggles to get volunteers. But I'd certainly love to give it a go.

Great :D I hope you can do it because I miss vBetting, but I just couldn't learn the job :sad:

mreccentric
11-01-2012, 04:13 AM

cool, atb. also keep doubles vbets alive.

Mae
11-02-2012, 06:55 AM

I saw where you are getting a chance at the job :yeah: And don't worry I remember the word "delete" only too well!

Jimnik
11-02-2012, 03:15 PM
I saw where you are getting a chance at the job :yeah: And don't worry I remember the word "delete" only too well!
Thanks. Can't wait to get started.

Posted a couple football bets, hope no-one minds.

Jimnik
11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
cool, atb. also keep doubles vbets alive.
Your wish is my command. :)

J99
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM

I don't mind at all, in fact I say bring them on too, but the football bet threads are not viewable for some reason.

Mae
11-03-2012, 07:20 AM

The vBookie threads are connected to the Tennis Tournaments so I don't see anyway you could do football bets and have them show up.

Jimnik
11-03-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't mind at all, in fact I say bring them on too, but the football bet threads are not viewable for some reason.
Yup, looks like one of the mods moved them to the restricted area. Don't know why or who did it. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to put it back.

The vBookie threads are connected to the Tennis Tournaments so I don't see anyway you could do football bets and have them show up.
I started them in the Soccer Betting Forum, which I thought would be OK but I guess one of the mods disapproved.

I hope I get an explanation. Hardly anyone uses the Soccer Betting Forum so its not like it was getting in the way. In any case, what's more relevant to soccer betting?

Mae
11-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Yup, looks like one of the mods moved them to the restricted area. Don't know why or who did it. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to put it back.

I started them in the Soccer Betting Forum, which I thought would be OK but I guess one of the mods disapproved.

I hope I get an explanation. Hardly anyone uses the Soccer Betting Forum so its not like it was getting in the way. In any case, what's more relevant to soccer betting?

I didn't even know there was such a thing as the Soccer Betting Forum! Maybe it goes with the Gambler's Lounge? I have never been in the Gambler's Lounge section of the Forum. But you can't mix the two, vBookie Betting is only for Tennis Matches. Sorry, but that is the way it is :o I just clicked on the Gambler's Lounge section just to see what was there and I was right the Soccer Betting Forum is for the Gambler's Lounge site on the Forum. And the Gambler's Lounge is separate from the vBookie Betting Section so you can't mix the two. Again sorry :o

Mae
11-03-2012, 10:18 AM
You really caught on to vBookie fast :eek: Just stick with the tennis please because you are doing well to get those Doubles Matches in!

The Prince
11-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Jimnik, thank you very much!

I don't see the problem with football bets.

Jimnik
11-04-2012, 09:50 PM
We should request a vBetting sub-forum for football. I'll start a petition in the Suggestions/Feedback forum:

Here it is! Click and vote. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=212506)

Mae
11-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Hey Jimnik I noticed one thing on your betting thread for Juan and David. The guy that is favored to win the Match is supposed to be listed first. But you are really doing a great job :yeah:

Pratik
11-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Jimnik, nice work :yeah:
Could you do DC final matches too? Those that are left.

Mae
01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm missing a pay out on the Levine Match. It says it was closed, but it was never settled.

Jimnik
01-08-2013, 10:54 PM
It's been settled.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214646

Pratik
01-09-2013, 03:19 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214652

Bautista Agut retired before the first set was over. Shouldn't stakes be returned?

Jimnik
01-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Yup, no winner. Stakes were returned.

Pratik
01-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Yup, no winner. Stakes were returned.

Are you sure of this?
Last time this happened, the system had the status of the bet as 'abandoned' instead of 'settled'.
And I'm pretty sure that I did not get the vCash back.

Jimnik
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
All stakes should have been returned.

If you believe your stake was not returned, inform the admins. I have no further power.

Aenea
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
If you have checked the "no winner" box then the stakes are not returned, the market gets settled "This event is over" but stakes remain. In order to abandon an event and return stakes you must click on the "Abandon this event" link on the upper right side of the market, next to the Edit link. Only then the stakes are returned.
IMO it is you the one who have to contact an admin and ask for assistance.

Jimnik
01-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Are you sure of this?
Last time this happened, the system had the status of the bet as 'abandoned' instead of 'settled'.
And I'm pretty sure that I did not get the vCash back.
Sorry about that, I settled it wrong.

You should receive the vCash from Snowwy. Let me know if you haven't.

Pratik
01-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Sorry about that, I settled it wrong.

You should receive the vCash from Snowwy. Let me know if you haven't.

No problem. vCash received.

Mae
04-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Sorry :o I settled the Melzer Monfils Match wrong! Monfils won, but I clicked the box for Melzer :facepalm: This will be straighten out as soon as I can find someone that knows what to do!