☼On the road with Grigor Dimitrov☼ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

☼On the road with Grigor Dimitrov☼

chantelle
08-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Grigor DIMITROV(BUL)[3] vs Rajeev RAM(USA)[WC]
Paul-Henri MATHIEU(FRA) vs Matthew EBDEN(AUS)[13]

The first match in Cincy will begin around 14:30 local time(20:30 CET)I guess.
Last two stops before US open, all I wish is a healthy Grigor:)

PiggyGotRoasted
08-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Baby Fed v Rampras :D

nadejda
08-11-2012, 09:35 PM
yet another embarrassing lost to Ram in tiebreaks yet again :facepalm: \no words, really!
last time he lost in 2 tiebreaks went on a losing streak for quite a while! Shame!

nadejda
08-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Grigor Dimitrov @ Facebook

Hey guys! Still struggling with my injury,at least i tried yesterday! Tomorrow i have a meeting with the doctor which will make an ex-ray and see whats next for me. Fingers crossed!

it looks more serious that we thought!
:sad:

BlueLighthouse
08-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Some funny Grigor Dimitrov moment from this lovely fangirl

http://federer-express.tumblr.com/post/29236231621/cincy-report-day-1-more-ok-so-today-we

http://federer-express.tumblr.com/post/29392983440/cincy-report-day-3-more-i-warn-you-itsa

kr1s71an
08-15-2012, 06:23 AM
it looks more serious that we thought!
:sad:
Yes, he withdrew from Winston-Salem :(

rica87
08-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Some funny Grigor Dimitrov moment from this lovely fangirl

http://federer-express.tumblr.com/post/29236231621/cincy-report-day-1-more-ok-so-today-we

http://federer-express.tumblr.com/post/29392983440/cincy-report-day-3-more-i-warn-you-itsa

And I thought I was a bit on the fangirl side. :lol: Very sweet though. Thanks for sharing this. :wavey:

Grigor posted this on his Facebook 2 hours ago:

First day of practice ! Feeling better,last check ups in the up coming days and ready for NYC!

Let's hope he will be ready to perform well at the Open.

BlueLighthouse
08-17-2012, 10:48 AM
More fangirl report :)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ul7zIDnD1qfqx8w.png

http://federer-express.tumblr.com/post/29477341402/cincy-report-day-4-more-well-tuesday
http://federer-express.tumblr.com/post/29548759729/cincy-report-day-5-more-last-day-being

chantelle
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
More fangirl report :)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ul7zIDnD1qfqx8w.png

Wow, I saw this photo yesterday but just notice now that he wore such bright-colour underwear:eek:

Hypnotize
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Draw is out for US Open and he plays Paire in the 1st round. Paire can be dangerous but if Grigor has fully recovered from his recent injury, he should be able to win this.

Philipp Kohlschreiber GER (19) v Michael Llodra FRA
Grigor Dimitrov BUL v Benoit Paire FRA

Lazyking
08-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Very winnable match. Paire is a huge headcase, in a slump too.

Mephistopheles
08-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Great R1 draw, and probably the most attractive R1 match in every way :P

I hope the organisers see how potentially entertaining this match could be and give it a show court...

Fingers crossed for Grisho's health also, would be great to cap the last slam of the season without an injury or illness.

USOpen, here we go!

Mephi x

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 07:12 AM
He is the 2nd match on Court 8 today. I'm fairly sure there is no stream for this court.

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Early break for Grigor. Up 2-1

chantelle
08-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Early break for Grigor. Up 2-1

I saw on twitter that the line umpires didn't do well
on their job which almost made Grigor angry. :mad:

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Not sure how he did it after saving 8 BPs this set but he finally held to love, then broke Paire to lead 6-5. Hopefully he can serve it out now but the way this set is going, anything is possible.

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 05:36 PM
I saw on twitter that the line umpires didn't do well
on their job which almost made Grigor angry. :mad:
Which Twitter account are you looking at chantelle? Did it say anything else about the match? From the scores, it doesn't look like he's serving well which has been a problem since his foor injury.

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 05:37 PM
He won his service game to love to take the set 7-5. Hopefully he can maintain this now.

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
He hasn't served any aces which is worrying but he saved 8 BPs in that set so at least he is hanging tough.

chantelle
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Which Twitter account are you looking at chantelle? Did it say anything else about the match? From the scores, it doesn't look like he's serving well which has been a problem since his foor injury.

onthegotennis, he/she watch the match at the court side, Grigor made a medical time out>"<

benji47
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't think Benoit is playing badly either, all of his UEs are DFs...

Grigor needs to hang in there, I really want him to win this one.

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 05:51 PM

On the untelevised courts, the winners listed are only aces and the UEs are DFs. You don't get any further information on these courts.

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
onthegotennis, he/she watch the match at the court side, Grigor made a medical time out>"<
It looks like it might have helped him because he's won his last 3 service games to love.

kr1s71an
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM

That stats is not true ... They just don't have info for W/UE and the only thing that counts are the aces and the double faults, so that's why all of his UEs are DFs :)

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
I went away for 20 mins and he lost the 2nd set. C'mon Grigor, pull it back together!

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 06:20 PM
He took another medical time-out for his feet

https://p.twimg.com/A1fCW8uCYAA7nVB.jpg

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 06:21 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=hh9eq.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Hypnotize
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
He's going to have to turn this match around soon. I found these tweets about the match.

OnTheGoTennis ‏@onthegotennis
Grigor really bothered by his foot. It's a little worrisome

Sandy ‏@nycsandygirl
@sapphireswell @gandaines ok I will but enjoying Grigor for the moment. He is killing it w some great passing shots, volleys & drop shots

Sandy ‏@nycsandygirl
Awesome drop shot from Grigor to get AD. It almost went back over the net. Grigor had a big smile on his face. Cute.

kr1s71an
09-09-2012, 05:08 AM
So looks like he will play those tournaments next:

24-30 Sep - Thailand Open (he is in the main draw)
01-07 Oct - Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships (he needs 3 players to withdraw to get in the main draw)
08-14 Oct - Shanghai Rolex Masters (he will play qualies here)
15-21 Oct - IF Stockholm Open (he is in the main draw)
22-28 Oct - Swiss Indoors Basel (he needs 6 players to withdraw to get in the main draw)

Hypnotize
09-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm glad he's taken a long break until his next tournament. He's had a few foot problems over the summer so it will give him time to heal, rest and work on his game. Hopefully he comes to Thailand motivated and in good form.

kr1s71an
09-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Looks like Grigor will probably play doubles with Tomic in Bangkok. They are 1 ALT's in the entry list, but they will most probably get in. This will be interesting to see, but maybe they will need to reach higher stage of the tournament to put them on TV court :)
Alternates
1 Dimitrov, Grigor (BUL)/Tomic, Bernard (AUS) 102

BlueLighthouse
09-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Patrick seems heavily occupied with his new star Serena. I hope Grigor could find a new coach who can 100% committed to him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576875_10151049735596806_1512211033_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281827_10151049734276806_1288792274_n.jpg

BlueLighthouse
09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Looks like Grigor will probably play doubles with Tomic in Bangkok. They are 1 ALT's in the entry list, but they will most probably get in. This will be interesting to see, but maybe they will need to reach higher stage of the tournament to put them on TV court :)

Too bad Jeremy dumped him :( otherwise Jim's ranking could help the team to get into the main draw. I'll be at Thailand Open everday with "Haide Grisha" T-Shirt and loud girlfriends :p

kr1s71an
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Too bad Jeremy dumped him :( otherwise Jim's ranking could help the team to get into the main draw. I'll be at Thailand Open everday with "Haide Grisha" T-Shirt and loud girlfriends :p
That's great. Hope that you'll manage to take some pictures and share them with us :)

Hypnotize
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Playing doubles will help his game and I was disappointed he did play more of it this year.

Hypnotize
09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I hope you have a great time and make as much noise cheering him as you did last year. Remember to take lots of pictures :yeah:

I'm quite surprised by the pictures of Serena and Patrick. I had no idea they were seeing each other but I guess that will put an end to the rumours about her and Grigor.

kr1s71an
09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I hope you have a great time and make as much noise cheering him as you did last year. Remember to take lots of pictures :yeah:

I'm quite surprised by the pictures of Serena and Patrick. I had no idea they were seeing each other but I guess that will put an end to the rumours about her and Grigor.
I'm more concerned that Mouratoglou is now more coach to Serena (looks like he is even more than just a coach) than he is coach to Grigor and he is now like #2 on his list. When Grigor was playing in Toronto, Patrick was staying with Serena at the Olympics cheering her up from the box. Now he was again in Serena's box at the US Open, Grigor is now in Sofia ... I don't know how they are working together, but I think Patrick should be with Grigor preparing him for the next tournaments and it doesn't seem that way.

I just don't thing that Mouratoglou is the right person for Grigor right now, since he is not with him all the time .. and the more success Serena has in the future, the more time Patrick will probably stay with her, so my opinion is that Grisho has to get away from that academy as soon as possible.

I'm curious what do you guys think about that, because here in Bulgaria looks like a lot of people are sharing my opinion that he has to find another coach who is fully-committed and will be working only with him?

PiggyGotRoasted
09-13-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm more concerned that Mouratoglou is now more coach to Serena (looks like he is even more than just a coach) than he is coach to Grigor and he is now like #2 on his list. When Grigor was playing in Toronto, Patrick was staying with Serena at the Olympics cheering her up from the box. Now he was again in Serena's box at the US Open, Grigor is now in Sofia ... I don't know how they are working together, but I think Patrick should be with Grigor preparing him for the next tournaments and it doesn't seem that way.

I just don't thing that Mouratoglou is the right person for Grigor right now, since he is not with him all the time .. and the more success Serena has in the future, the more time Patrick will probably stay with her, so my opinion is that Grisho has to get away from that academy as soon as possible.

I'm curious what do you guys think about that, because here in Bulgaria looks like a lot of people are sharing my opinion that he has to find another coach who is fully-committed and will be working only with him?
Id quite like him to hire Larry Stefanki but isnt he coaching wawrinka right now?

BlueLighthouse
09-14-2012, 04:25 AM
I don't like Patrick coaching Grigor from the start, he doesn't have a successful record with Jeremy, Baggy, or even Laura. These players have been improving in the ranking when they left him. Anyway, I find Serena taking Patrick away from Grigor is a good news. Finding a good new coach takes sometime, so papa Dimitrov may step in, like he does at times. I'll report to you guys as soon as I find out who's he's with in Bangkok. :)

PS. Serena's success (with Patrick) is overrated. She can win Slams with anybody when she puts her focus on training. Patrick just enjoys free publicity.

kr1s71an
09-14-2012, 05:00 AM
I don't like Patrick coaching Grigor from the start, he doesn't have a successful record with Jeremy, Baggy, or even Laura. These players have been improving in the ranking when they left him. Anyway, I find Serena taking Patrick away from Grigor is a good news. Finding a good new coach takes sometime, so papa Dimitrov may step in, like he does at times. I'll report to you guys as soon as I find out who's he's with in Bangkok. :)

PS. Serena's success (with Patrick) is overrated. She can win Slams with anybody when she puts her focus on training. Patrick just enjoys free publicity.
Yes, he is staying with Serena for the free publicity - to look like he is the reason she is playing really well right now. For me Mouratoglou is only concerned about his business and does whatever it takes to advertise his academy. I remember that I read an interview with Yanina Wickmayer and she said that she left the academy, because Patrick was coaching Grigor for most of the time ... looks like the same thing is happening now - looks like he is only concerned about Serena ...

In my opinion everything was going OK when Grigor was with McNamara, but I suspect that Patrick saw that Grigor was going up in the ranking and decided to make the change and to be his coach.