Leander Paes & Radek Stepanek not teaming up for Toronto [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Leander Paes & Radek Stepanek not teaming up for Toronto

mreccentric
08-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek, who won the 1st grandslam of the year were not seen so much together this year. Leander has partnered many other players this year, and has played with 8 different partners in 2012 alone.

The latest news is that both are going to play in Rogers Cup, Toronto. Yet they are not playing together, though they'll be on the same venue. Leander is teaming up with Juren Melzer. So, whom do you think Leander Paes would team with in US Open.

It's tedious to see them not playing much together.

shuhrat
08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
This isn't the answer to your question though,

from http://www.tenniscanada.com/index.php?title=Tebbutt:-Return-of-the-Prodigal-Son&pid=4010
* The doubles draw looks a little strange, with Czechs Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek playing with different partners even thought they will be playing together in the Davis Cup World Group semi-final versus Argentina in Buenos Aires next month. Also, Stepanek is not playing with his usual 2012 partner, Leander Paes, with whom he won the Australian Open in January.

I talked to Berdych and he gave a fairly detailed, and complicated, explanation. First and foremost, he said, he and Stepanek don’t always play together.

He then added that Stepanek did not want to play doubles at Wimbledon but Paes talked him into it. He then decided he wouldn’t play doubles at some hard court tournaments in the summer, so Paes got another partner. Once Stepanek elected to play the Rogers Cup, Paes was committed to Jurgen Melzer and so Stepanek is playing with Juan Martin del Potro (a potential opponent in Davis Cup) at the Rogers Cup. As for Berdych, he’s teamed with Florian Mayer but actually did not sound all that fired up about the doubles.

Chirag
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Radek got Leander the AO and with that the CS ,I dont care if they never play again :p

mreccentric
08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
This isn't the answer to your question though,

from http://www.tenniscanada.com/index.php?title=Tebbutt:-Return-of-the-Prodigal-Son&pid=4010
That does answer a bit.
Radek got Leander the AO and with that the CS ,I dont care if they never play again :p
This video is nice, and was taken in January 2012, before they played their first tournament together Lee-Radek Targetting GS Success (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiP-9JusEAo). It appeared like they planned for complete season, for playing together. As far as i know, Radek and Leander have more to achieve together. But now, it looks like Leander is going to play with him in US Open. Or how would his partnership with Juren Melzer be for future? They have 100% record together and have also won a Masters in 2010. Today, they play against Bryan Brothers, in Toronto SF.

mreccentric
08-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Lee-Radek teaming together in Cincinnati Open! They have a tough draw, since they're playing together after some time.