Where does Federer go from here? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where does Federer go from here?

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Is the King dead? Long live the King?

Fed has already pulled out of Toronto, wisely. The question is how he bounces back after this demolition. Will this give him even more motivation to keep fighting and go after that USO and perhaps more slams?

Or will this defeat destroy him knowing it was truly his last real chance at Olympic Gold in singles, the only thing he doesn't have on his resume apart from Monte-Carlo, Rome, Davis Cup, and Shanghai?

Will Federer win Rio 2016 Gold and retire during the medal ceremony?

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 03:26 PM
:lol: He goes on to win the USO. Just watch. One bad match and the king and current #1 is dead? :superlol:

LastRocket
In a way this loss is good, it will give him more motivation to play longer. He'll most likely win the USO. Though i doubt he ll be in the top 3 next year. I think he'll play less and less tourneys and concentrate on slams.

tennizen
I think he has put too much effort into this year. Played so many tournaments and with a lot of intensity winning many close matches. Will probably catch up to him now. Needs a break till the USO I think.

blank_frackis
He's world number one and just won Wimbledon. Bad loss but it's not like Nadal and Djokovic are in a better place right now, so unless Murray is going to step up and win the US Open then he's still favourite.

IOFH
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
That was quick. :spit: If you expect him to play with zero energy for every match of the rest of his career, like he did today, then not very far.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
He'll be fine. Just another day at work.

Guess the benefit from him now is that he is getting the much needed rest sooner than anticipated.

rinnegan
08-05-2012, 03:28 PM
He loses to either Nole or Rafa at the USO. No roof to protect the old man from warrior conditions.

superslam77
he was probably spent from last match and muggyray played his best. no biggie he has gold already.

duong
So so disappointing from you to take part in that trolling bullshit :cuckoo:

You used to be a good poster and have become THAT :sad:

For somebody who has played some futures, it's very disappoitning to show so little knowledge of tennis.

Or maybe it's just the epidemy which has reached good Nadalfan posters this summer who became mad, that would be the good interpretation, but still disappointing.

I'm very happy about what Fed has done this summer :yeah:

Wolfy
08-05-2012, 03:30 PM
retirement

_Chaz
08-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Probably it's better for Fed to skip Cincy as well. He needs as much rest as possible. And he'll get enough match practice during the early rounds at the Open anyway.

maxwellwilson02
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I honestly think that Fed does and did not care about this match going in. The way he played and his reaction after makes me think he wanted Murray to win. Not saying Murray didn't earn it but Fed did not want to be the one to stop him again.

Belludal
I believe that Federer will win more 3 Slams and he will retire in Rio 2016.

The problem in Rio 2016 is that it will be probably in Clay.

finishingmove
He will continue to play better and better and peak for the next Olympics.

uxyzapenje
08-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Hes just tired. He'll be back for the USO and kick Murray's ass in the SF for this. And you just know they'll face each other in the SF. If one of them doesn't lose to Delpo in the QF that is. I have a feeling that Delpo will do some real dmg in the North American hard-courts

sexybeast
08-05-2012, 03:32 PM
He got some motivation to keep going for Rio 2016 now.

Seriously, he will come back strong for hardcourt and indoor season like he always does.

Steelq
08-05-2012, 03:33 PM
To Wollerau.

finishingmove
I honestly think that Fed does and did not care about this match going in. The way he played and his reaction after makes me think he wanted Murray to win. Not saying Murray didn't earn it but Fed did not want to be the one to stop him again.

Because he is generous. :yeah:

Wanted his rival to feel a bit of glory. :yeah:

shiaben
He's not quite dead yet Johnny. He's just inconsistent ever since he hit 30.

He'll play great one tournament and win a slam, then next tournament he just gets demolished. It is unusual but I guess that's expected of old age.

Federer lost Roland Garros ugly just like he lost the Olympics ugly today against Murray, but after Roland Garros he entered Wimbledon strong and won it.

At this point Federer will be a box of chocolates. He'll probably grab one slam in 2013 if he happens to show up.

As long as he's not facing Nadal, he'll be feeling very good about his chances against Murray/Tsonga/Potro/ and even Djokovic whose not an easy challenge but doable compared to Nadal.

As far as Olympics goes, this was his last chance/opportunity. I doubt at age 35 he'll have that motivation/hunger/drive/fitness etc.

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it is better actually that Federer lost so easily.

Had it been a close 5 setter, maybe it would have been more heart breaking, and more difficult to bounce back from.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Exactly.

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 03:35 PM
He's not quite dead yet Johnny. He's just inconsistent ever since he hit 30.

He'll play great one tournament and win a slam, then next tournament he just gets demolished. It is unusual but I guess that's expected of old age.

Federer lost Roland Garros ugly just like he lost the Olympics ugly today against Murray, but after Roland Garros he entered Wimbledon strong and won it.

At this point Federer will be a box of chocolates. He'll probably grab one slam in 2013 if he happens to show up.

As long as he's not facing Nadal, he'll be feeling very good about his chances against Murray/Tsonga/Potro/ and even Djokovic whose not an easy challenge but doable compared to Nadal.

As far as Olympics goes, this was his last chance/opportunity. I doubt at age 35 he'll have that motivation/hunger/drive/fitness etc.

ForrestGumperer :D

IOFH
08-05-2012, 03:36 PM
He will continue to play better and better and peak for the next Olympics.

:worship: They're all peaking as we speak, Djokovic 2012 > Djokovic 2011 and Nadal 2012 > 2011 > 2010. Rio will be epic.

IOFH
08-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I think it is better actually that Federer lost so easily.

Had it been a close 5 setter, maybe it would have been more heart breaking, and more difficult to bounce back from.

Like USO 2011?

swebright
I can predict he will lose the number #1 ranking to somebody soon ........
Losing to unknowns in the earlier rounds .........

But who cares; he's been thru' everything and came back on top again. People's been writing him off since 2008 so it doesn't matter.
:worship::worship::worship:

Fed will always be my top dog but I'll be rooting for Muzza from now on ......

Macbrother
So so disappointing from you to take part in that trolling bullshit :cuckoo:

You used to be a good poster and have become THAT :sad:

For somebody who has played some futures, it's very disappoitning to show so little knowledge of tennis.

Or maybe it's just the epidemy which has reached good Nadalfan posters this summer who became mad, that would be the good interpretation, but still disappointing.

Overreacting here a bit I think, duong. Don't really think Johnny's post was mean-spirited.

The conditions were really preventing Fed from playing his aggressive game, and he simply just wasn't moving as well, as you age it takes longer and longer to recover from tough matches so no surprise. Hopefully he gets some rest and is fit for Cincy/USO.

barbadosan
08-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Fed won the silver medal after a marathon match in which his fighting spirit was on full display. I think other close rivals who weren't on that platform may have more to ponder than Fed has :)

sexybeast
08-05-2012, 03:38 PM
:worship: They're all peaking as we speak, Djokovic 2012 > Djokovic 2011 and Nadal 2012 > 2011 > 2010. Rio will be epic.

I bet Rio final will be between Harrison and Belluci, very epic indeed!

LastRocket
08-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Fed will most likely paint his silver medal once he gets home. :o

BodyServe
Or will this defeat destroy him knowing it was truly his last real chance at Olympic Gold in singles, the only thing he doesn't have on his resume apart from Monte-Carlo, Rome, Davis Cup, and Shanghai?

:haha::haha::haha:

Retirerer is coming.

Lleyton_
He goes to home knowing his master plan is working smoothly. Goldray&Del Bronzo are ready to stop Djokedal.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
There is always Rio 2016?

I think Fed will finally land a Gold there. Never stop believing :rocker2:

Federer in 2
08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
In your face, that's where he is going.

Looner
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd like to say, he'd win Cincy. He looked really good at times in this tournament to me. Some people may find it stupid but it was one of those feelings I had when I watched Peakerer. His movement and his shots were there, he just just slightly off. Some things were off but serve was mostly good, FH looked powerful when he tried it and with a nice 1-week break he should have a good chance in Cincy.

I hope he keeps the #1 for the Open and wins there :).

henke007
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
These threads :haha::spit:

philosophicalarf
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
He's in an odd position - although he's world number 1, that's largely based off cleaning up at masters/500s, with a somewhat unusual Wimbledon thrown in there as the cream. Longer term, look at the slam finals he's making:

2006: 4
2007: 4
2008: 3
2009: 4
2010: 1
2011: 1
2012: 1 (from 3)

Wimbledon was his first win in 2.5 years, and that in the special circumstances of indoor grass. Age can't be beaten.

On the other hand, if Djoko has reverted back a little to pre-Davis Cup boost, and Nadal is going to increasingly be bothered by injuries, he can certainly win more - obviously the quicker events are more likely for him.

duong
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Overreacting here a bit I think, duong. Don't really think Johnny's post was mean-spirited.

The conditions were really preventing Fed from playing his aggressive game, and he simply just wasn't moving as well, as you age it takes longer and longer to recover from tough matches so no surprise. Hopefully he gets some rest and is fit for Cincy/USO.

no no no I don't overreact, and it's far from the first time Johnny made some trolling on this site, it's just disappointing that he takes part in these.

But I'm still amazed hwo much Murray is underrated on this site.

Fed played well in first two sets, apart from his movement which was not great it's true, but it wouldn't have been important without what Murray did : just Murray was on fire and balls went the good side of the line for him, I don't understand how much Murray is underrated on this site.

But I give up : MTF has become more and more ridiculous in recent months because of tards-wars :facepalm:

I must say that some stupid Fedtards have taken a big part to start that trolling war.

But anyway it doesn't change anything about Johnny especially, I say it very calmly, he has shown me several times that he likes trolling, once he even said he did that to earn some v-cash :rolleyes:

Ps : but I can see that Johnny Groove is the best-treated troll on this site, as other trolling threads have just been deleted, there comes a time where you've done enough to be allowed to troll as much as you want :lol:

TBkeeper
08-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Fedalovic will fall
Del Goldray will rise

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 03:47 PM
no no no I don't overreact, and it's far from the first time Johnny made some trolling on this site, it's just disappointing that he takes part in these.

Fed played well in first two sets, apart from his movement which was not great it's true, but it wouldn't have been important without what Murray did : just Murray was on fire and balls went the good side of the line for him, I don't understand how much Murray is underrated on this site.

But I give up : MTF has become more and more ridiculous in recent months because of tards-wars :facepalm:

I must say that some stupid Fedtards have taken a big part to start that trolling war.

But anyway it doesn't change anything about Johnny especially, I say it very calmly, he has shown me several times that he likes trolling, once he even said he did that to earn some v-cash :rolleyes:

Oh, come now, duong :lol:

If I wanted to troll, I could troll, and you'd know it :devil:

I wasn't trying to troll at all in this thread, I meant it as a serious thread to discuss where Federer goes from here :shrug:

swebright
08-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Saving energy for USO title ........

Macbrother
08-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Oh absolutely Murray was on fire and just about every ball was dropping in as well. He's underrated because well look at his slam performances prior to Wimbledon, playing well in smaller events then unable to bring it when it truly matters, but I'm sure after today and after what he showed the first two sets in Wimbledon F Murray will bring people around.

You really think Federer was playing well, though? His "on the run" game appeared even worse than is usual at this age. And his serve?

As to Johnny well yes it's trolling but again it's light hearted and obvious and in good fun I don't really see the harm but. :shrug:

duong
08-05-2012, 03:51 PM
to discuss where Federer goes from here :shrug:

the same place he was going to go a few hours before : to Cinci then to US Open and the rest, as a 31-year old player and in the Race to number 1 in the end of the year.

How many threads have there been about Fed's future on this site ?

must be one-hundred,

then why start one now just after a crushing loss and with such words like "the king is dead",

if not for trolling ? you need some v-cash ;) ?

guga2120
08-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Hopefully Rafa comes back healthy and with Andy returning Federer's serve like its a womans. Hopefully he does not go anywhere.

Mystique
08-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Roger for the USO :rocker2:
He will be more fired up after this loss (especially the scoreline).

Pratik
08-05-2012, 03:53 PM
He should consider withdrawing from Cincy. Three weeks off would do him a lot of good.

alfonsojose
08-05-2012, 03:53 PM
He should play New Haven and USO.

tripwires
08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Retarded thread is fucking retarded.

He reached an OG final for the first time in his career after winning Wimbledon and getting back to #1 and this thread appears? What the fuck ever.

duong
08-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh absolutely Murray was on fire and just about every ball was dropping in as well. He's underrated because well look at his slam performances prior to Wimbledon, playing well in smaller events then unable to bring it when it truly matters, but I'm sure after today and after what he showed the first two sets in Wimbledon F Murray will bring people around.

You really think Federer was playing well, though? His "on the run" game appeared even worse than is usual at this age. And his serve?

As to Johnny well yes it's trolling but again it's light hearted and obvious and in good fun I don't really see the harm but. :shrug:

well if you think trolling is not harmful :shrug:

I'm sure there are some Fedfans on this site who feel it like some harm (it's not my case, I've just been fed-up about MTF recently and would like it to come back better :shrug: )

and speaking of declining and potentially retiring is the kind of things which may be especially painful for Fedfans.

Yes I do think Fed played well in first two sets, just not good speed, true, and not enough first serves in second set, but his shots were good. He needed that to stay in tioght games against that great Murray

anyway I stop about that : MTF is MTF and goes its own way :shrug:

Slade
I'm sure he will be fine.

Andy1402
From Roger's point of view, if anyone is gonna defeat him, it should be Murray. This is because Murray has no chance of overtaking him in the rankings. With the silver medal, he has extended his lead over nole to 255. The no. 1 ranking matters for his singles career. And that is safe for the moment, because nole couldn't even get bronze.

Johnny Groove
the same place he was going to go a few hours before : to Cinci then to US Open and the rest, as a 31-year old player and in the Race to number 1 in the end of the year.

How many threads have there been about Fed's future on this site ?

must be one-hundred,

then why start one now just after a crushing loss and with such words like "the king is dead",

if not for trolling ? you need some v-cash ;) ?

Oh come on, thin skinned much? :lol:

As a Nadal fan, I've read some of the most disgusting things ever on this site. This thread is hardly anything compared to that stuff :lol:

And the king is dead thing is just a play on what Momma Djokovic had to say after AO 2008. I am not even trying to troll here, and vcash is meaningless to me :shrug:

duong
08-05-2012, 03:59 PM
He should consider withdrawing from Cincy. Three weeks off would do him a lot of good.

why ? he just won a great 4 hour 30 match :shrug:

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
08-05-2012, 03:59 PM
that 3rd set wiped him out against delpo
nice long break pls

rog is fine
nurray had an awesome tourny

Freak3yman84
08-05-2012, 04:00 PM
He should play New Haven and USO.

:haha:

duong
08-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh come on, thin skinned much? :lol:

As a Nadal fan, I've read some of the most disgusting things ever on this site. This thread is hardly anything compared to that stuff :lol:

And the king is dead thing is just a play on what Momma Djokovic had to say after AO 2008. I am not even trying to troll here, and vcash is meaningless to me :shrug:

you will not make me believe that you don't troll here, I will never believe you.

As for the disgusting things you've read about Nadal, I fully agree with you and I think it's one of the main causes of what's happened on MTF recently.

But is it a good reason to follow the movement and make this place even worse ?

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Retarded thread is fucking retarded.

He reached an OG final for the first time in his career after winning Wimbledon and getting back to #1 and this thread appears? What the fuck ever.

Oh please. :rolleyes: Fedtards can't stand that their man doesn't have every single record, and think that a legit thread asking about his future is supposedly disrespectful :rolleyes:

Have a laugh, sweetheart, and lighten up.

And a drink, for fuck's sake.

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
you will not make me believe that you don't troll here, I will never believe you.

As for the disgusting things you've read about Nadal, I fully agree with you and I think it's one of the main causes of what's happened on MTF recently.

But is it a good reason to follow the movement and make this place even worse ?

Yes, I troll at times, but not here. If anything, I think you are the one trolling me :lol:

You can't seriously be this mad about such a harmless thread like this? :lol:

hipolymer
08-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I think Fed will win one title the rest of the year. Probably Swiss Open if Nole cancels out of that.

IOFH
08-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes I do think Fed played well in first two sets, just not good speed, true, and not enough first serves in second set, but his shots were good.

This is nonsensical. When you're moving so much worse compared to your normal level you can never play well. Certainly he was striking the ball adequately when given time to hit from a standstill, but that doesn't mean he's playing well when he can't do anything on the run and his defense is atrocious.

Whiznot
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Federer will win more slams and more WTFs. I think he will play Cincy and have a chance to win the US Open if the semi-final and final are not played on consecutive days. Murray is my favorite to win in NYC.

MuzzahLovah
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Mallorca- he and Nadal can retire and hang out on the beach.

AntiTennis
Oh guys..you never get tired no?..let me guess.."Roger is too old" "Roger should retire for his fans" etc etc..he is the #1 !! and just won the last grand slam :facepalm:

duong
Yes, I troll at times, but not here. If anything, I think you are the one trolling me :lol:

You can't seriously be this mad about such a harmless thread like this? :lol:

I'm not mad at all, just fed-up, anyway if THAT is not trolling, maybe you could help me understand what is "trolling thread" from you and what is serious.

I can't believe you seriously meant making a 101th thread about Fed's future.

Anyway no I don't troll you, I will stop answering you, but this thread is trolling imo.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Touchy Fedtards, he didn't even degrade your man in his main post. He's merely speculating, and that's called trolling? :facepalm:

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh please. :rolleyes: Fedtards can't stand that their man doesn't have every single record, and think that a legit thread asking about his future is supposedly disrespectful :rolleyes:

Have a laugh, sweetheart, and lighten up.

And a drink, for fuck's sake.

No, she is right. You claim to be a realistic poster, then stand by it. He wins a silver medal in the Olympic Games, a few weeks after winning Wimbledon and getting back to #1. And just because it's silver and not gold you start a thread asking questions like is the king dead.

Get real, for fuck's sake.

Mystique
08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Mallorca- he and Nadal can retire and hang out on the beach.

Just dont get too cocky mate. I dont want to bring out the stats but you know the shit.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
No, she is right. You claim to be a realistic poster, then stand by it. He wins a silver medal in the Olympic Games, a few weeks after winning Wimbledon and getting back to #1. And just because it's silver and not gold you start a thread asking questions like is the king dead.

Could have just answered "no" to that question lol :haha:

Fujee
08-05-2012, 04:10 PM
The same place any true champion does. Square one. You pick yourself up, dust yourself down and come out guns blazing for the next tournament.

Champions spirit never dies.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Could have just answered "no" to that question lol :haha:

Stop defending him, he's not gonna get you any chicks.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Stop defending him, he's not gonna get you any chicks.

Dude I swear on my life, he's harmless :speakles:

Anyways it probably wasn't the best way to open the thread with "is the king dead" I suppose.

tennis2tennis
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
for all the "fans" bitching about this defeat how many people would have had Roger as Wimbledon champ and Olympics silver medalist last year?

Any other player had Roger's year so far people would be singing his praise...but because of the monster he created silver is seen as a disaster

Roy Emerson
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
He will have great chances at the USO. Lost by a hair in the past 2 years.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Dude I swear on my life, he's harmless :speakles:

Anyways it probably wasn't the best way to open the thread with "is the king dead" I suppose.

I'm not saying he's harmful, just that this is a stupid thread.

Mark Lenders
08-05-2012, 04:16 PM
He will go home to celebrate yet another Olympic medal and then start preparing the US Open.

Looner
08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
To Cincinnati. Mirka needs another vase for her flowers.

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm not mad at all, just fed-up, anyway if THAT is not trolling, maybe you could help me understand what is "trolling thread" from you and what is serious.

I can't believe you seriously meant making a 101th thread about Fed's future.

Anyway no I don't troll you, I will stop answering you, but this thread is trolling imo.

You want to see a trolling thread? Go look up "Fed should retire for his fan thread", or any Nadal loss thread.

Not once in here did I speculate that Fed will fall down the ranks, not once did I say he will retire, not once did I disrespect Federer.

All I did was ask where does he go from here after a surprising, at least to me, beatdown at the hands of a guy he previously owned in big, best of 5 matches. If you think this is trolling, then I seriously cannot help you.

Touchy Fedtards, he didn't even degrade your man in his main post. He's merely speculating, and that's called trolling? :facepalm:

Exactly.

Why so serious?

http://alexlod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/why-so-serious.jpeg

This is MTF, for fuck's sake.

Boy, oh boy, these Fedtards are more sensitive than I thought.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I would question perhaps your choice of words there in your OP Johnny Boy, but that's about all. I really don't see this being that bad of a thread. But hey, maybe that's just me.

SheepleBuster
08-05-2012, 04:20 PM
People underestimate the fact that Murray was playing at home, Roger was coming off of a super long match, and he does not recover from those matches well at 31. Also, I got the impression that Murray needed it more. Roger talked about winning a medal like it didn't matter which color. Let's face it. Murray is a very tough match up for the aging Roger. I am glad he won the 3 slams against Murray but I don't expect it to continue. With this 3 set win, I think Murray might have turned the tide and actually starts beating Roger in slams too. I am happy with the 17 Roger has. Any more is a huge bonus

Dougie
08-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Since last year´s US Open, he´s won Basel, Paris, WTF, Rotterdam, Dubai, Indian Wells, Madrid, Wimbledon, made it to no 1, and won silver at the olympics. Where does he from here? To US Open, where he´ll make another strong run.

It´s bitter pill to swallow for sure, he definitely wanted that gold, but winning silver along with doubles gold from a tournament that takes place only once in four years is really not that bad, and this loss won´t change his legacy in any way. He lost to a better player today, happens to everyone.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I would question perhaps your words of choice there in your OP Johnny Boy, but that's about all. I really don't see this being that bad of a thread. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Words of choice or choice of words? :scratch:

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Words of choice or choice of words? :scratch:

Mr. English saving my ass, thank you :hatoff:

Correction made :angel:

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I would question perhaps your words of choice there in your OP Johnny Boy, but that's about all. I really don't see this being that bad of a thread. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Ah, it was a play on Momma Djokovic's words from AO 2008, it was all in jest. The bigger problem is the sensitivity of Fedtards.

If Federer fans and their thin skin had to endure even a fraction of the abuse that Nadal fans need to put up with from haters around here, 92% of the board would be banned.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Mr. English saving my ass, thank you :hatoff:

Mr. English to the rescue. :sport:

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Mr. English to the rescue. :sport:

Mr. English is Croatian and Mr. Retard is Australian.

Oh the irony :facepalm:

abraxas21
08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
back to switzerland

Dougie
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Ah, it was a play on Momma Djokovic's words from AO 2008, it was all in jest. The bigger problem is the sensitivity of Fedtards.

If Federer fans and their thin skin had to endure even a fraction of the abuse that Nadal fans need to put up with from haters around here, 92% of the board would be banned.

You insist this is a serious thread, yet you keep using words like Fedtards and their thin skin, and now you´re turning this into (yet another) pointless Fed-Nadal argument? Doesn´t make much sense.

samanosuke
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Groove you lost it this time. I am pretty disappointed right now but if somebody offered me a wimby title and silver at Olympics just a month ago i would call him a fool. A fool because I would have thought he trolled me

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
samanosukit, your opinions are always welcome here at MTF :hug:

samanosuke
08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
yours would also be if you were capable for giving it

BigJohn
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Fed has already pulled out of Toronto, wisely. The question is how he bounces back after this demolition. Will this give him even more motivation to keep fighting and go after that USO and perhaps more slams?

Hum... Last 2 tournaments: A record breaking Wimbledon, then regains the #1 ranking and then wins a silver medal.

... and the king is dead? I believe the R word can be used in this context to describe this thread.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Mr. English is Croatian and Mr. Retard is Australian.

Oh the irony :facepalm:

No, both are Croatian. ;)

Your mind was just playing tricks with you, it was an honest mistake.

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 04:56 PM
No, both are Croatian. ;)

Your mind was just playing tricks with you, it was an honest mistake.

Fuck you're smart.

I don't get it.

Roamed
08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Why so serious?

You're a great poster JG but lately you have been quite strongly critical of the attitude of Federer fans in terms of putting him down, which only a select number of us do, so it's a bit of a double standard to say "These Fedtards are sensitive" when someone replies on here in attempt to defend him.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Fuck you're smart.

I don't get it.

:sad:
Well, for the first part: Both Mr. English (me) and Mr. Retard are Croatian. I can't name Mr. Retard though, but I think you'll get it.

For the second part: It was an honest mistake, you wrote "words of choice" instead of "choice of words". That's your mind playing with you, it's not like you don't know the difference between "then" and "than" or "whole" and "hole", so it's an honest mistake. :angel:

Hope I made it clear now.

samanosuke
08-05-2012, 05:02 PM

I am first here who will admit when Fed plays like POS and make a critical post but you actually have bigger expectations for Fed than his fans/tards have. He isn't 25 anymore to play peak tennis week in and week out . This what he has been playing through this year is above every expectations knowing what was happening last year

BroTree123
08-05-2012, 05:03 PM
:sad:
Well, for the first part: Both Mr. English (me) and Mr. Retard are Croatian. I can't name Mr. Retard though, but I think you'll get it.

For the second part: It was an honest mistake, you wrote "words of choice" instead of "choice of words". That's your mind playing with you, it's not like you don't know the difference between "then" and "than" or "whole" and "hole", so it's an honest mistake. :angel:

Hope I made it clear now.

Please it's 4am. There's really no need to give me such brilliant brainfucking shit like this :lol:

thehotstuff66
08-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Fed will be fine...i honestly thought the match between he and delpo was the one he wanted badly..i honestly think he just gave out of gas against murray and since he knew he was getting a medal anyway, silver, this one didnt hurt to bad...hell, i can always tell when Fed is distraught and this is peanuts...the way he hugged murray and was smiling at the net when he lost, told me all i needed to know as what importance this match was for fed...He wil rise again as he always does..

he's not playing toronto, he's going to rest and get some vacation time and then he will come back swinging...looking forward to us open.

cat

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Please it's 4am. There's really no need to give me such brilliant brainfucking shit like this :lol:

Then go to sleep and read it when you wake up. It actually isn't brainfucking at all. :awww:

Jaz
08-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Someone needs to lockup the OP for ridiculous stupidity.

Shinoj
08-05-2012, 05:19 PM
To Dubai at his home, I suppose.

dazed1
08-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Disgusting posting for member (JG) for which i had much respect in the past.

And mods of this forum banned CD, and yet posting like this is np?

Jaz
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Had to neg rep Johnny for his "Federer should retire for his fans" moment.

Deathless Mortal
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Yes, too bad JG is only as good a poster as he is a tennis player. :sad:

chenx15
08-05-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVOJDTIn06A here is the interview of a sad man

branimir_iliev
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Pride for what he achieved for his country, amnesia for this last match (although I don't think he was that hungry for it/or up to it but), fly to Cincy and get some needed rest. And prepare for Cincy and Flushing Meadows. He could enter Flushing Meadows ranked #1, it's possible.

samanosuke
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM

disgusting this arroganterer

EddieNero
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Lol the Old Man just won the silver medal after a gruelling battle in the semis.
Murray played an excellent match and even fully fit Roger would have had a lot of problems to close this match out.

He will be just as fine as usual, needs couple of days of rest and prepare for the US Open.

Allez
08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Fed has always said he plans to win gold in Rio. He must have had a premonition of being beaten in London and hence his lack of fight today. 17 slams has always had the right feel to me so I'd be incredibly surprised if he won another one. If he never wins another slam than it is only fitting that he won his last one at Wimbledon making him the greatest grass court player of all time.

IOFH
08-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Wow, what a devastated man. I don't think he will ever recover from this. :bigcry:

calvinhobbes
08-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Nothing has happened. Roger knew it was a big risk to throw himself blindly to win his gold at any cost. He knows his real possibilities before every match and in this case he graciously inclined his king over the board. No bitterness. His smile looked so sincere, so calm. Roger´s achievements come from wisely managing his body reserves. He is in good terms with Destiny, so he recognized on time that Delpo had deprived him of his golden dream.
Where does Federer go from here? I envision him as one of those big Buddhas standing by the Silk Road, smiling as the caravans come and go. Let the wry faced Nadal, the penguin-headed Djoko, the coarse-mouthed Murray, do the quotidian little farce. Roger´s business is History, eternity in other words. He doesn`t need to go anywhere from here.. . . . .

EddieNero
08-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Looks like he's going to retire in the next few days. Guy is on the suicide watch no doubts about it.

branimir_iliev
08-05-2012, 05:46 PM
disgusting this arroganterer

How is he arrogant? By being honest? And he was gracious to Andy Murray and gave him props.
He said that maybe he felt a little emotionally drained after that semi (maybe physically too) which is probably very true and something I suspected coming into this match.

But he still gave full props to Murray. He also said he was very happy for Andy. What more can we want from Federer? Geez, this guy I guess is guilty no matter what he says or does...

Cousin Oliver
08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
People write Federer off several times a year and then end up looking like fools afterward. You'd think they'd learn from it.

vauxguy
08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Murray has just lost the gold in the mixed and he's gutted it's almost as if he didn't win the singles gold.

IOFH
08-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Where does Federer go from here? I envision him as one of those big Buddhas standing by the Silk Road, smiling as the caravans come and go. Let the wry faced Nadal, the penguin-headed Djoko, the coarse-mouthed Murray, do the quotidian little farce. Roger´s business is History, eternity in other words. He doesn`t need to go anywhere from here.. . . . .

:spit: :worship:

samanosuke
08-05-2012, 05:54 PM
How is he arrogant? By being honest? And he was gracious to Andy Murray and gave him props.
He said that maybe he felt a little emotionally drained after that semi (maybe physically too) which is probably very true and something I suspected coming into this match.

But he still gave full props to Murray. He also said he was very happy for Andy. What more can we want from Federer? Geez, this guy I guess is guilty no matter what he says or does...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Aloevera
08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I think it's not yet the time to answer now. Let's see what would happen at the end of the year. It depends on his adversaries as well.

I predict he's not going to have another decline until next year maybe, but winning a slam will be increasingly tougher task even with Nadal out of the way. I can see him winning one more slam but hopefully sooner, perhaps in US Open this year.

branimir_iliev
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Sorry, :eek:. Couldn't tell, my bad!

Lopez
08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
A couple of choices IMO:

1. Switzerland
2. Dubai
3. USA
4. Stays in London to watch the games for a few days

Commander Data
08-05-2012, 06:11 PM

Federer will retire for his fans.

Vamos_Me_Rafa
08-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Retirement. ASAP.

Litotes
08-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Sorry, :eek:. Couldn't tell, my bad!

That comes from being new to the forum. I knew it was sarcasm because I have seen several posts from the man you quoted. It was, after all, not just sarcasm - but a parody. Several others here say the same thing and (at least apparently) mean it.

Commander Data
08-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Because he is generous. :yeah:

Wanted his rival to feel a bit of glory. :yeah:

Typical Swiss :shrug:
We are all like that, it is normal, no?

Johnny Groove
08-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Lovin' it.

You insist this is a serious thread, yet you keep using words like Fedtards and their thin skin, and now you´re turning this into (yet another) pointless Fed-Nadal argument? Doesn´t make much sense.

Not trying to take it that far.

Groove you lost it this time. I am pretty disappointed right now but if somebody offered me a wimby title and silver at Olympics just a month ago i would call him a fool. A fool because I would have thought he trolled me

Who is not doubting this?

I am saying let's see where Fed goes from here. I've got his already as my #1 GOAT, and I am just curious as to MTF's prediction of where he will go from here.

I will add a poll.

You're a great poster JG but lately you have been quite strongly critical of the attitude of Federer fans in terms of putting him down, which only a select number of us do, so it's a bit of a double standard to say "These Fedtards are sensitive" when someone replies on here in attempt to defend him.

This is an appreciated response :hatoff:

Someone needs to lockup the OP for ridiculous stupidity.

Disgusting posting for member (JG) for which i had much respect in the past.

And mods of this forum banned CD, and yet posting like this is np?

Had to neg rep Johnny for his "Federer should retire for his fans" moment.

Yes, too bad JG is only as good a poster as he is a tennis player. :sad:

Johnny Groove on the MTF decline. Past his peak, perhaps?

Class dude :shrug:

Fed has always said he plans to win gold in Rio. He must have had a premonition of being beaten in London and hence his lack of fight today. 17 slams has always had the right feel to me so I'd be incredibly surprised if he won another one. If he never wins another slam than it is only fitting that he won his last one at Wimbledon making him the greatest grass court player of all time.

True :scratch:

Fed winning Rio 2016, that'd be insane, at 34? Would be the fitting cap for a career. Needs to win Davis Cup as well.

vojomocart
08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
He was dead tired, and Andy played really great match.
It will be a nightmare for Faketards, Dulltards if he really wants another medal in 2016 :)

Poirot123
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Fed now has the silver slam. He was second best today by a long way. Murray played excellently, Fed was slow around the court particularly getting to the corners, as he said in the post match interview.

Personally I think Federer will play on for 4 more years and retire at the 2016 Olympic Games. He'll try for more slams, and maybe target 100 single titles. But beyond that, he's got nothing left to prove. I expect he'll remain in the top 4 rankings for at least the next two years. It's up to him.

Murray will now hopefully power on and win a slam. If he carries on playing like that he will. Nadal's body is breaking down more frequently, and Djokovic has lost that hunger that gave him the edge in 2011.

IOFH
08-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Where's the option for Fed winning 13 more slams, winning Rio and the Olympics after that before retiring from singles and moving to doubles to play with the 13-time slam champion Dimitrov, then winning CYGS on doubles and 11 slams before finally retiring at age 45?

Whiznot
08-05-2012, 07:04 PM

I agree. Federer was unable to give a full effort because he didn't want to see Murray and the British fans crushed again. Federer has a soft place in his heart for both the British fans who have always cheered for him and for Murray who has lost three slams to the Maestro. The same type of situation happened in Halle where he was weak against Haas. Federer is human and like everyone else at times the motivation is lacking. I am not trying to imply that Murray would have lost if Federer was motivated but the score wouldn't be so lopsided.

I consider myself a rabid Federer fan but seeing Murray gutted again in front of the whole British crowd would be painful to watch.

chenx15
08-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I agree. Federer was unable to give a full effort because he didn't want to see Murray and the British fans crushed again. Federer has a soft place in his heart for both the British fans who have always cheered for him and for Murray who has lost three slams to the Maestro. The same type of situation happened in Halle where he was weak against Haas. Federer is human and like everyone else at times the motivation is lacking. I am not trying to imply that Murray would have lost if Federer was motivated but the score wouldn't be so lopsided.

I consider myself a rabid Federer fan but seeing Murray gutted again in front of the whole British crowd would be painful to watch.

the fedtard in me would like to agree but he was clearly outplayed just like the first set in wimbledon. but murray was able to keep the momentum up. the hewitt and haas in halle and roddick in miami are due to the kindness of his heart. but this one i think he was just clearly outplayed by a better player