Olympics BMM: Benneteau/Gasquet def. Lopez/Ferrer 7-6, 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics BMM: Benneteau/Gasquet def. Lopez/Ferrer 7-6, 6-2

Sanya
08-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Richie, you are fucking legend! :bigcry::woohoo::bounce: After early break in the second they`ve never looked back.
I`m so happy now!:)

Ceze
08-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Well done guys :yeah:

Chris Kuerten
08-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Whatever.

Puschkin
08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well done, I am so happy for both of them.

Sophitia36
08-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I must have done something terrible to offend the tennis gods. Terrible things just seem to happen constantly to players I support. All the time.

I would make such a great barometer for bookmakers. Bet against whoever I support, and you'll make plenty of money.

ImmzB
08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Alllllez!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Great win for Richard and Benny!! If you haven't seen it, you need to watch how France won the 1st set.... Brilliant BH winner from Gasquet!! :yeah:

For me and Tim Henman, Gasquet was the best player on court!! He showed that he really wanted this win because we don't normally get this from Richard. Even Henman was saying, he should show this much emotion on the singles court!!

BRONZE MEDAL!!!

emotion
Ferrer under pressure :help: ESP had 2 set points in 1st (actually BP at 5-5) Lopez hit a retarded missed return on the first, Ferrer attempted a bizarre baseline slice smash on second
Happy for Benneteau, but gutted for the ever-choking Spanish team

Schu
:cheerleader: :cheerleader::cheerleader:

YES!!! Inspired tennis by both Frenchmen. Well deserved for 2 good guy who looked so happy and really played well never letting up.

pascal'rG
08-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Great match from both but especially Gasquet who was unstoppable today....such incredible volleys, smash and this point on the first set point !
So good for Benneteau who really deserves it.
He was so happy at the end !
Well done guys !

Sanya
08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Alllllez!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Great win for Richard and Benny!! If you haven't seen it, you need to watch how France won the 1st set.... Brilliant BH winner from Gasquet!! :yeah:

For me and Tim Henman, Gasquet was the best player on court!! He showed that he really wanted this win because we don't normally get this from Richard. Even Henman was saying, he should show this much emotion on the singles court!!

BRONZE MEDAL!!!

Unfortunatly I think Richie`s attitude had a lot with Benneteau near him. When he is alone noone can inspire him. And to do it by himself sometimes is just too much for Gasquet. :sad:

Blue Heart24
08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Pics :sad:
Richie :yeah:

Henry Chinaski
08-04-2012, 03:09 PM
gasquet hit the shot of the year on set point.

hope someone puts it on youtube

Pratik
08-04-2012, 03:10 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:
Gasquet :worship: :bowdown:
Finally something to cheer about for Gasquet fans. His first title(singles or doubles) in over two years. Same for Benny
The french were just too good.
The better doubles team won.
Although Great run for Lopez/Ferrer.

mooncreek
08-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Unfortunatly I think Richie`s attitude had a lot with Benneteau near him. When he is alone no one can inspire him. And to do it by himself sometimes is just too much for Gasquet. :sad:

I'd say that whatever Julien said should stay on autoplay in Richie's head because it works for him. Considering the amount of pressure involved due to a medal on the line, he really came through.

Mark Lenders
08-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Good for the game.

Sanya
08-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd say that whatever Julien said should stay on autoplay in Richie's head because it works for him. Considering the amount of pressure involved due to a medal on the line, he really came through.

:yeah: We can only hope... I believe even now after all that years full of dissapointments that Richie didn`t say his last word on the highest level. Maybe it`s silly I know.:)

Ben.
08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Good for the game.

Don't fuck with me now Lenders! :armed::p

Gutted for Ferrer, so close to the final and now no medal. So many opportunities gone. Oh well, The French were just better today.

Mark Lenders
08-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Don't fuck with me now Lenders! :armed::p

Gutted for Ferrer, so close to the final and now no medal. So many opportunities gone. Oh well, The French were just better today.

:nerner:

:hug: Sorry for you he lost. Yesterday's match was basically a final; with no day of rest between matches, the lost of such titanic battle would have no time to recover physically and especially mentally.

sylacauga
08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
So sad for Pics/Feli. :sad:

You can tell they wanted this so badly for their country. They probably wanted it too much which showed during the big points. Still for a team that almost no one gave any chance whatsoever before the tourney, they have done themselves so proud. They make an excellent team and I greatly enjoyed watching them play together. Hope they continue in the future.

Roger the Dodger
08-04-2012, 05:05 PM

And then please post the link here. Very happy for Richie and Benny!!

Benny after the match - so emotional! :yeah:

Richie! You so deserve something good happening to you :hug: :woohoo:

Ashlar77
08-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Feli :sad:

nole_no1
08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Gasquet should thank Benny for this medal

Sommarsverige
08-04-2012, 10:17 PM
So sad for Pics/Feli. :sad:

You can tell they wanted this so badly for their country. They probably wanted it too much which showed during the big points. Still for a team that almost no one gave any chance whatsoever before the tourney, they have done themselves so proud. They make an excellent team and I greatly enjoyed watching them play together. Hope they continue in the future.

Totally agree :yeah:

I was devasted after they lost yesterday and almost as much when they lost today. But now with a little distance I really think they played such a great tournament for not having played anything together before.

They should be really proud about what they achieved, really hope they will continue to play together!!

Yashal
08-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Richard I just can't. For once I want you to lose, you win!
Ferru&Feli :hug:

Puschkin
08-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Yes please! My stream went down during that point!:mad:

KarlyM
08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm happy to see Benny & Richie win! :yippee:

Pics & Feli :awww: :hug:

fifthsetshootout
08-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Unfortunatly I think Richie`s attitude had a lot with Benneteau near him. When he is alone noone can inspire him. And to do it by himself sometimes is just too much for Gasquet. :sad:

It's like those TV shows where the posh, rich kid (Richie) needs a street-smart friend (Benneteau) to help him navigate life. Richie needs someone to get all up in his face the way Benneteau did during the match. Happy for Richieteau, although I'm sad for Ferru-Feli too.