WWW Washington R2: [WC] Berankis vs [1] Fish [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Washington R2: [WC] Berankis vs [1] Fish

Domis
08-02-2012, 05:49 PM
So who wins and why? :D

Freak3yman84
08-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Berankis. Because if Fish lost a set to Phau, then surely Berankis can get 2 :shrug:

Zambanas
08-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Fish in 3, Berankis to waste tons of bps throughout the match.

cutesteve22
08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
fish sucks now, Berankis in 2.

LastRocket
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Fish didn't play the olympics in hopes of having a chance at washington.
Berankis in 2

misty1
08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
fish in 2. I dont think rycka is ready to beat him yet

YouKnowWho
08-03-2012, 12:00 AM
They show every other match of the day but don't show #1 seed (who is also American) on a night match in Center court? WTF is this nonsense if I may ask..

Lazyking
08-03-2012, 12:44 AM
fish in 2. I dont think rycka is ready to beat him yet

This was correct :)

They show every other match of the day but don't show #1 seed (who is also American) on a night match in Center court? WTF is this nonsense if I may ask..

They showed it here :confused: had one mistake by missing the first game of third set but I watched it in full.

mdjenders
08-03-2012, 01:00 AM
berankis needs a new coach, methinks... just pitiful point construction and return of serve. he had a few chances on fish's second serve and just played ridiculous errors

Lazyking
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
He's not gonna change coaches, the guy has been in his life forever. What he needs is experience, something he missed out on with all the injuries. He was winning most of the long rallies and yes his RoS was weak but its because he's going for winners every time... only works against bad servers. He'll learn.

The Prince
08-03-2012, 01:20 AM
He's not gonna change coaches, the guy has been in his life forever. What he needs is experience, something he missed out on with all the injuries. He was winning most of the long rallies and yes his RoS was weak but its because he's going for winners every time... only works against bad servers. He'll learn.

This.

mdjenders
08-03-2012, 04:17 AM
i hope he does learn, as he is clearly a gifted ball striker. i have been following him for a few years, now, and i still doubt if the current style of his game will prove successful. he is naturally a "shotmaker" but forces the issue rather than embracing the rallies and waiting for his moment to strike; his forehand is a weapon, but the stroke breaks down and gets way too "slappy" when he tries to overhit. his first serve pct. is fatal vs. any good returners, just forcing too much pace again. IMO, he needs to play more percentage tennis and learn how to grind a bit and use his court speed... for a 5'9" player to try to outhit everyone is madness, just giving away points and opportunities.

i want to see berankis at the top of the rankings with his contemporaries, wonderful personality and flair for the game.

Lazyking
08-03-2012, 04:52 AM
I agree that he has to play smarter, percentage tennis to be really successful but hopefully that will come with time. Some players stay the same, some evolve. We'll see what happens with Rycka. He's only 22. I think right now, he just needs to keep racking up points and move up the rankings. Get a WC at USO