Olympics QF: Djokovic beats Tsonga 6-1, 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics QF: Djokovic beats Tsonga 6-1, 7-5

rinnegan
08-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Very entertaining match.

Nole played supreme tennis in the first set. Tsonga made it more competitive in the second but Nole's greatness prevailed.

Go for GOLD, Nole! :yeah:

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Tsonga just didn't have it physically or mentally today.

Novak didn't have to do much. He played some efficient points, but that's all he had to do to get the W.

jcempire
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Way too easy

Tsonga suck

Mercury
Tsonga was never in this game. Djoko made it a bit hard on him self but the result was NID.

Lodger Federer
Praise Chairman Rao.

Lopez
:yeah:

Please beat Murray and make the final Nole! :D

IOFH
Pretty much no aspect of Tsonga's game wasn't working, the volleys were pretty solid I guess.

Mark Lenders
Shame Jo couldn't give a better account of himself. He was clearly fatigued after the 25-23 match and the long doubles match too; that might be enough to beat Lopez, but to have a chance against Nole you need to be fresh and summon your best tennis.

Nole played within himself, just returned solidly. Always looked in control and could have upped his game if needed.

Hope Nole goes to the final and Jo gets to win a medal in the doubles tournament.

tennizen
08-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Murray will destroy this Nole.

Slade
08-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I only saw the first set but Djokovic was playing great and Tsonga was clowning.

I hope Djokovic can win against Murray but it will be tough

zlaja777
08-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Too easy.

Lodger Federer
08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
On a separate note, I didn't watch Tsonga's match against Lopez. How did Lopez manage to lose in straights?

Satasonic
08-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I expected a better match, as this one was quite boring. Nole with hardly 7 winners or so (I couldnt count more).

Was a combination of Tsonga being a mug and Clownga being a mug, nothing more.

Lee
08-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Jo moves too slow vs players at Nole's level. The match vs Raonic finally gets to him. And no fights at all after broken at 5-5 in 2nd set with Nole served for the match.

Will be a very interest match vs Murray.

tnosugar
08-02-2012, 02:52 PM
over so soon. had to go to a meeting and missed it. pffff.

Federer in 2
08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Yep, my opinion hasn't changed. Tsonga is the stupidest player ever to enter the top 10.

dencod16
08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I think the issue with Tsonga here is he hasn't had much practice on groundstrokes as his 2 matches were servebot matches. Well if they win in doubles today France is assured of a medal.

dencod16
08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Yep, my opinion hasn't changed. Tsonga is the stupidest player ever to enter the top 10.

I'll go with Monfils.

rhinooooo
08-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Pretty shit match. No real intensity, neither playing well at the same time. Djoko solid but untested. Jo played a stinker, no explosion, very complacent and lazy performance.

MinioNole
08-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I hope he'll do well against Murray. :) Adje!

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 02:57 PM

Give him a break :stupid:

His mind was elsewhere since that epic match.

Puschkin
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you, Nole!:D

shadows
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Right in the hopes and dreams.

Don't think Jo had enough in the tank for these back to back games after the six setter vs Raonic. Wasn't helped by Djokovic scraping lines when he needed to either. Oh well.

Slade
On a separate note, I didn't watch Tsonga's match against Lopez. How did Lopez manage to lose in straights?

Mugliciano is a Tier-4 Clown, don't underestimate him.

MinioNole
Pretty shit match. No real intensity, neither playing well at the same time. Djoko solid but untested. Jo played a stinker, no explosion, very complacent and lazy performance.

His match against Hewitt should be enough to test his game. Quite a reward having an easy win to book a SF match. :)

Hypnotize
08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Great result! Now keep going and win the gold Novak. :yeah:

Nole fan
08-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Nole is firing on all cylinders dominating through this spartan draw. :sport:

viruzzz
08-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm not pissed because Tsonga lost.
I'm pissed because I overslept and I missed it, DAMN!

nick the greek
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
You snooze, you lose.:devil:

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Your lucky you missed it. Some of us fans witnessed it and our eyes bled with pain.

redshift36188
Shame Jo couldn't give a better account of himself. He was clearly fatigued after the 25-23 match and the long doubles match too; that might be enough to beat Lopez, but to have a chance against Nole you need to be fresh and summon your best tennis.

Nole played within himself, just returned solidly. Always looked in control and could have upped his game if needed.

Hope Nole goes to the final and Jo gets to win a medal in the doubles tournament.
Tsonga imposed a short rally game on the match, which was a smart thing to do but it was poorly executed, specially on the first set. Tsonga missed his FH too much, something I haven't seen in a long time. The wind kind of gutted the strategy as well.

Could have gone either way tbh. Nole was playing on high gear, he didn't have much room to up his game.

Corey Feldman
Yep, too tired and in full 100% Clownga mood as usual v NoleDal

Andy1402
08-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Murray will destroy this Nole.

Fingers crossed. Don't wanna see another version of nole coming up.

NID
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
mediocre djokovic, below par and fatigued tsonga...

nazzac
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Tsonga never got going. Disapointing performance. But congrats to Novak and good luck to him

RonaldGomez
08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
This tournament scheduling is stupid, look what happen while a Tsonga playing 100% could have been much more competitive. Damn.

Anyway, take the title in doubles Jo !

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM
lets go murray

time for gold

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I think Tsonga was tired out from playing singles three days in a row, plus the doubles.

Of course if he had been able to beat Raonic more quickly, then he would have been less tired...

duarte_a
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Very entertaining match.

Nole played supreme tennis in the first set. Tsonga made it more competitive in the second but Nole's greatness prevailed.

Go for GOLD, Nole! :yeah:

:confused:

Is it just me that thought the match was crap?!

Alex999
08-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Tsonga was tired out from playing singles three days in a row, plus the doubles.

Of course if he had been able to beat Raonic more quickly, then he would have been less tired...
well, Jo is not that fit ... that is his problem. too many people here complaining that Tsonga was tired etc. who's fault is that? fitness is a big part of tennis.

nick the greek
08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Better player won.Good for the game.

redshift36188
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Good for the game that Tsonga lost?! Are you high?

There's a reason why he's the 2nd most liked player by crowds the world around.

nick the greek
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM

What's your problem? Of course it's good for the game when 5 time slam champion wins and the slamless mug loses.

redshift36188
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Not when the slamless "mug" plays more attractive tennis than the champion.

nick the greek
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Not when the slamless "mug" plays more attractive tennis than the champion.
Sure, that's why he lost.

Nole fan
08-02-2012, 10:02 PM

Now, are you high? On what do you base this assumption? :lol:
Monfils is better liked than Clownga.

Looner
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
What's your problem? Of course it's good for the game when 5 time slam champion wins and the slamless mug loses.

:stupid:

:help::stupid::facepalm:

freedomfry
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
i just came home, and im drunk. But let me summarize all that has been said so far (i might be wrong, since i havent read any of the 4 pages, neither seen the match, so it's a total step in the dark). Looner, BigJohn and Samanosuke dont like Nole, so they said their part. Nadal was mentioned often. And judging by the scoreline, Nole 2.0 showed up for the people who like Nole, for all others Tsonga was just clowning around. As I'm completely gambling I guess even eras were compared in those 4 pages. So go shaggabao yourselves and realise that most users here have pimples and will never enjoy their lives.

Topspindoctor
08-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Tsonga's return is disgusting and his serve is overrated. Sure, he can serve mugs off court and win with 7-6 6-4 scorelines, but when he faces an elite player who can get his serve back into play, he looks like a clown. Just another ballbasher who plays for "entertainment" not to get the win at any cost.

The Prince
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Tsonga's return is disgusting and his serve is overrated. Sure, he can serve mugs off court and win with 7-6 6-4 scorelines, but when he faces an elite player who can get his serve back into play, he looks like a clown. Just another ballbasher who plays for "entertainment" not to get the win at any cost.

Tsonga and Rapnic gave a master class in the return of serve the other day :lol:

tommyg6
08-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Man, what a waste

Arkulari
08-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Is Tsonga still in the doubles draw with Llodra? the Raonic match and that might have left him without nothing in the tank.

That said, Nole would have still beaten him but the match could have been more competitive.

BroTree123
08-03-2012, 04:42 AM

Your a Tsonga hater? :awww: :sad:

Mark Lenders
08-03-2012, 04:44 AM
This match would have been a contest if Jo weren't completely exhausted after the Raonic match and his long doubles match. This is not an excuse, as Nole was rightly rewarded for being quicker and more efficient in dispatching his early round opponents than Jo, who paid for his very poor returning skills.

Still, I don't think Nole was particularly great today, didn't need to be. He just needed to return solidly really.

BroTree123
08-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Novak is just a better player overall. But it's not nice to see Serbtards degrade Tsonga like that.

Mark Lenders
08-03-2012, 04:49 AM
He's just a better payer overall. But it's not nice to see Serbtards degrade Tsonga like that.

Everyone knows that. But everyone also knows that Tsonga is capable of beating any player when playing well - so despite Djokovic being clearly the better player, Tsonga can and has beaten him on any given day.

But today was not one of those days, Jo seemed completely exhausted, trying to finish points too fast and thus making too many errors. Nole didn't have to do much, I always felt he could have upped his level if he needed.

Oh well, hope Jo can get a medal in doubles and Nole can reach the final (and win it if it's against Federer).

Alex999
08-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Novak is just a better player overall. But it's not nice to see Serbtards degrade Tsonga like that.
she (Nole fan) is pretty harmless for MTF's trolling standards but calling her a Serbtard or a Tsonga hater is too strong IMHO. maybe I'm not sensing your sarcasm. not sure

redshift36188
08-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Tsonga's return is disgusting and his serve is overrated. Sure, he can serve mugs off court and win with 7-6 6-4 scorelines, but when he faces an elite player who can get his serve back into play, he looks like a clown.
Yes, let's bash a player who brings diversity to the sport, and tries new strategies even if they end up not working and making him look like a clown.

My bad, playing no brain tennis, that your coach has formulated for you, is where it's at.

Just another ballbasher who plays for "entertainment" not to get the win at any cost.
This is a critique?! I thought their function in society was to precisely entertain and have a positive influence on the population to practice sports which is a very healthy activity.

Guess I was wrong, their function is to win for the sake of winning.

Mark Lenders
08-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Calling Tsonga a ballbasher is a bit baffling. He has more variety in his game than most players on tour; good variety on shots, forays into the net, serve & volley. Definitely not a ballbasher. His 'balls' are also remarkable; it's incredible how a player with such horrible ROS and backhand among other weaknesses is so fearless even when up against the best players in the world.

And he always has a positive attitude even when he loses big matches ie. laughing/smiling and hugging Murray after the Wimbledon semis. He always looks like someone who's really enjoying himself out there.

Fearless attacking tennis, great attitude... Jo is a huge credit to this sport and it's good for tennis that he's doing well. Or do you prefer robotic pushers who play as if tennis was only a job?

Raferminator
08-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Ajde Nole! Win the Gold! Hip, hip! Rah, rah, rah!

BroTree123
08-03-2012, 05:09 AM
she (Nole fan) is pretty harmless for MTF's trolling standards but calling her a Serbtard or a Tsonga hater is too strong IMHO. maybe I'm not sensing your sarcasm. not sure

What the hell dude? I wasn't even talking about her.

samanosuke
08-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Nole is going for 100th Serbian medal on Olympics games . fingers crossed for you Nole

henke007
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Tsonga was on 75% to much Doubles, Tsonga needs to get fitter.

nazzac
08-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Calling Tsonga a ballbasher is a bit baffling. He has more variety in his game than most players on tour; good variety on shots, forays into the net, serve & volley. Definitely not a ballbasher. His 'balls' are also remarkable; it's incredible how a player with such horrible ROS and backhand among other weaknesses is so fearless even when up against the best players in the world.

And he always has a positive attitude even when he loses big matches ie. laughing/smiling and hugging Murray after the Wimbledon semis. He always looks like someone who's really enjoying himself out there.

Fearless attacking tennis, great attitude... Jo is a huge credit to this sport and it's good for tennis that he's doing well. Or do you prefer robotic pushers who play as if tennis was only a job?

Agreed. Some of the hate he gets at times is ridiculous.

He's got a positive attitude towards the sport, and an entertaining game to watch.

Sure, he can make silly mistakes, but thats the risk he takes with his style.

Hypnotize
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I watched both Tsonga's matches at the Olympics and they were great fun. He brings a lot to the sport, the atmosphere on court was fantastic and it's easy to see why fans like him so much. His problem is there are too many weaknesses in his game for a complete player like Novak to exploit.

Nole fan
08-03-2012, 11:24 AM
What the hell dude? I wasn't even talking about her.

Oh I didn't think it was directed at me because, amongst other things, I'm not a serbtard. :lol:
But no, I don't like Tsonga. He's my least favorite player in the top 20. I dislike his personality. But his game is usually attractive, though he's too much of a clown and uses the audience too much. Monfils is a much more enjoyable and charismatic character, shame he's disappeared. :(

BroTree123
08-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh I didn't think it was directed at me because, amongst other things, I'm not a serbtard. :lol:
But no, I don't like Tsonga. He's my least favorite player in the top 20. I dislike his personality. But his game is usually attractive, though he's too much of a clown and uses the audience too much. Monfils is a much more enjoyable and charismatic character, shame he's disappeared. :(

Yeah obviously :lol:

Okay. Trying to hold back the tears, but I respect your opinion :rain:

I miss Monfils as well though :sad:

mystic ice cube
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
:facepalm:

Fantastic display from Nole. I said it at the start of the Olympics & I'll say it again; it's his to lose. What a final him & Federer would make.

nazzac
08-03-2012, 11:48 AM
But no, I don't like Tsonga. He's my least favorite player in the top 20. I dislike his personality.

Why???

NID
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
tsonga is an excellent player, sometimes betrayed by his temper and rashness. great personality and a good sport. very likeable.

Nole fan
08-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Why???

Just different things about him, usually not very nice with his fellow players, he is very arrogant sometimes and disrespectful. And despite Nole being always nice to him, he's talked some trash about him when it wasn't called for. I guess that Ao final still hurts.

BroTree123
08-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Just different things about him, usually not very nice with his fellow players, he is very arrogant sometimes and disrespectful. And despite Nole being always nice to him, he's talked some trash about him when it wasn't called for. I guess that Ao final still hurts.

What??? Where? When?

Can I get some quotes?

I don't mean to criticize your opinion, but he always has a smile on his face and with an embrace with his opponents after a match, especially after a good one :confused:. Is it his dance/jig that irritates you? How is that arrogant and disrespectful? It's not directed at anyone. It's just his trademark thing to show his excitement.

And if this is about him mentioning that Djokovic fakes injuries, everyone has accused him of that, not just him. Hell, I don't think he didn't even genuinely say that. Didn't Jo also say one time that he would love Novak to be his best man at his wedding because he's such an entertaining guy?

Yes, Tsonga is a clown at times (on court), but I seriously doubt that he's a dickhead.

Mark Lenders
08-04-2012, 04:26 AM

Would you mind backing this up with some quotes/links or whatever?

Nole fan
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, guys, when I have time I will look into finding those quotes. ;)

IOFH
08-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Must be that one time when Tsonga said Djoko didn't yet have the aura of Fedal somewhere mid-2011 that's got him on Nolefans bad side. :sad:

BroTree123
08-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh yeah I remember he said that, but that's no reason to hate him. He didn't say that offend Novak because he had a grudge on him or anything, it was just his opinion . And I agree because Fed and Nadal have dominated the tour for so long, that it's hard to compare to the new-and-improved Novak for the time being. Perhaps his word of choice wasn't the best but he certainly wasn't being a dick there.

I'm positive there is more valid reason/s or evidence that got him in her bad books.