When will Nole 2.0 show up this season? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When will Nole 2.0 show up this season?

tommyg6
08-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Cuz right now, I'm not convinced. Nole right now seems more like Nole 1.5

So when is Nole 2.0 is gonna show up?

viruzzz
08-02-2012, 01:05 AM
That's the question we all wanna know the answer.
This year, the only player who reached a good form was Federer, and only for some matches.

Neither Nole, Rafa, Murray, Berdych or Tsonga find their Super-Form.

tommyg6
08-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm not 100% confident Nole 2.0 will ever show up. I'm not convinced with his form this year. He barely eked out a win at the Oz Open and has won 1 other title this year. I'm not impressed with Nole this year. He lost all his clay encounters to Rafa this year and has lost some matches against opponents he usually beats.

viruzzz
08-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Still... Better than 2010 and with a better ranking than the begining of 2011.
The year isn't over, last year he had a bad season-ending, after the USO he didn't do anything great.

He made great winners vs Roddick, it's true 'duck played like crap, and it's obviously understandable that a fan isn't convinced with his form.

But he's young and talented...

Alex999
08-02-2012, 01:20 AM
I agree that his form is not as good as 2011 but, at least at slams he is performing a little bit better than anybody else on the tour, including Fed (who is currently #1 because he did play more tournaments etc.) ... so don't know. I think he is still doing well if we look at the big picture. I'd say it's not Nole 2.0, but more like Nole 1.6 :-)

overall, I'd be more worried about Nadal, Tsonga, Murray and Berdych ...

jcempire
08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Nole is done for career

Sorry about it. but it is turth

Federer in 2
08-02-2012, 01:31 AM
I don't think he will reach his 2011 form again, at least not for such a long time.
Nole 1.5 is the best way to describe the current Nole. He is beatable, but still more aggressive than in the past. Great serving lately and Mental toughness keeps him as at least one of the two biggest favorites for every Slam.

Oh and viruzzz, don't even get me started on Berdych. :facepalm:
His 2012 is such a waste! He was playing good at AO, and found his best form at the start of the clay season, beating Murray from a set down, almost beating Djokovic and putting up a great performance against Nadal at some tourney. All this just to play a lousy match against Delpo, clearly missing his chances. (Can't say I'm not happy, though. Federer was next).
At Wimbledon he was unlucky to catch Gulbis on a fantastic day, but to blow up your second chance like that at the Olympics? I haven't seen such a nervous match from anybody since Federer-Haas RG 2009. Such a shame that he was playing his best Tennis but fucked up a year with so much potential.

Lazyking
08-02-2012, 01:38 AM
people talk about tennis forms like the players are super saiyians lol. I'm wating for Federer form 4.0 where during the match his hair grows and his glowing a bright yellow

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 02:11 AM
His best days are over IMO.

He will still win some slams though.

DJ Soup
08-02-2012, 02:54 AM
I'd say it's not Nole 2.0, but more like Nole 1.6 :-)

Sorry but no. Nole 1.5

HKz
08-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Aside from Australia, Nole has kind of reverted back to pre-2011 form IMO.. You might think that is a bit harsh to say, but remember, Novak was still beating Federer and Nadal occasionally and he was still making it to the latter stages of most events. The difference in 2011 was that he was converting those semi-finals and finals into wins, but this year, really has been pretty pre-2011 Djokovic, so I'm not sure how one could consider him Nole 1.5? Yes he won Australia, but it was very tight and he hasn't shown much real form aside from spurts which again is no different than 2007-2010 Novak.

Either way, he has plenty of time to give us another great run. Another 2011ish run? Most likely not, but it certainly isn't impossible especially for a player like him. After the US Open will give us a better picture, because arguably clay and certainly grass are still not his thing like hardcourts are.

Brick Top
08-02-2012, 03:03 AM
You should have acted? He is already here, The Elder tennis prophet Clay Death told of his return.

Andy1402
08-02-2012, 04:34 AM
I agree that his form is not as good as 2011 but, at least at slams he is performing a little bit better than anybody else on the tour, including Fed (who is currently #1 because he did play more tournaments etc.) ... so don't know. I think he is still doing well if we look at the big picture. I'd say it's not Nole 2.0, but more like Nole 1.6 :-)

overall, I'd be more worried about Nadal, Tsonga, Murray and Berdych ...

Federer is no. 1 because he played great at tournaments right from WTF in 2011 and also because djokovic failed to defend a lot of points he had gained last year.
This says a lot about the dip in nole's form.

mindrust
08-02-2012, 04:41 AM
He did show up briefly during the 3rd set of RG final before the rain dealy :lol: .A repeat of 2011 is highly unlikely but I do see him being more consistent than he has been post-AO.

Slade
08-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Maybe after he loses to Murray. That loss will motivate Djokovic to go into 2.0 mode hopefully

Thunderfish8
08-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Nole 2.0 has already shown up.

He has come and gone quicker than you are all realizing.

He showed up and sparkled for about an hour during the French Open final vs. Nadal when he reeled off several games in a row to take the third set 6-2.
Unfortunately the rain stopped him, but that was the closest I've seen him to getting to Nole 2.0 this year.

Had the rain not come, I truly believe he might have had a chance at pulling off the greatest upset in tennis history (only because he had lost the first 2 sets)

TBkeeper
08-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Nole 2.0 has fallen

IOFH
08-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Djokovic in 2012 >>> Djokovic in 2009 or 2010

We will see 2.0 in WTF where he will repeat his 2011 performance :angel:

Satasonic
08-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Nole 2.0 was never here, it was a fluke season just because Fedal mugged out. He had a good 2012 Australian Open, but once again, Nadal crumbled in the final. Thats the closest Ive seen him to Nole 2.0 this season, or more like Nole 1.5.

Looner
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Hopefully on his holidays :angel:.

Satasonic
08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Hopefully on his holidays :angel:.

No, he will appear in Shanghai where 9/10 of the top 10 will withdraw, or maybe in Belgrade Open next year ;)

bounccer
08-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Djokovic was good but not stellar at all in the AO this year, it was a great performance to win in these conditions but
he had some luck, you can't argue against that.

In the French he was poor, at Wimbledon he was very very good until the semis where he played a shit match without
fight, it was really strange because he looked unbeatable.

I don't know what to think, but IMO he hasn't the game to win 3 slams / year for several years like Federer, but if he wins 1 slam each year it would be already great considering the opposition.

IOFH
08-02-2012, 11:57 AM
In the French he was poor, at Wimbledon he was very very good until the semis where he played a shit match without
fight, it was really strange because he looked unbeatable.

No he didn't, Djokovic can never look unbeatable at Wimbledon. He looked solid, that's all.

ServeVolley
08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree that his form is not as good as 2011 but, at least at slams he is performing a little bit better than anybody else on the tour, including Fed (who is currently #1 because he did play more tournaments etc.)

What? He's won 1 more match at slam level than Federer (by making the French final). If Roger had drawn Murray and not Nadal at the AO they'd be tied right now. :shrug:

Roy Emerson
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Who knows.

He is certainly not close to the player from last year.

At this stage of the season he had won 8 titles in 2011.

Now he only has won 2 titles.

Huge dip in form.

redshift36188
08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
This Nole 2.0 is crap. The players are allways improving in their strategies, the mategame is allways evolving. Nole is improving as well, Nole at his best now is at least as good as last year if not better, but he has been more inconsistent in his performances.

Plenty of his losses can be accounted to external factors or his opponents playing better.

In IW, he lost to Isner on fire, nothing wrong with that. In MC his grandfather died, still made the finals, fucking impressive. In Madrid, slippery clay hurt his performance. In Rome and RG, Nadal played his best tennis ever.

The only losses where he played below his standard (free from external factors that is) was against Murray in Dubai and Roger in Wimbledon; most of his crappy performances he actually ended up winning.

On a side note, in Rome and RG he completely destroyed Roger, something I've never seen him do before.

uxyzapenje
08-02-2012, 05:08 PM
As some one said, RG FInal this year. He won 8 (EIGHT!) games in a raw vs Nadal in RG final! That set was 2.0 for sure. But when the rain stoped he went back to 1.5

hiperborejac
08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
If Nole wins Olympics eventually he'll show Nole 2.5 to the world!!! Mark my words :)

If he doesn't he'll still have fat chances for year end No.1 cause he'll enter fresh and hopefully injury free into the last part of season, but I doubt in Nole 2.0 form.

The_Aussie17
08-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Novak has no hope to returning to the fluke form we seen in 2011, he dosen't deserve to win Slams like Murray! Worst player to ever reach number one and win 4 slams complete filth!

viruzzz
08-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Novak can win this Olympics even being at 1.0

Why I say that?

In the semis, Murray is still Murray and he's not the same vs the big players.
The biggest the player is the worse Murray plays (in big tournaments).

And, considering a final vs Federer...
Federer can reach his best form, and then, even Nole 2.0 has no chances. But that didn't happen so many times.
And "Unforcerer" "Clownerer" "ultra-muger" "Shankerer" or "Damn... I almost won the set and now i'm sad-erer" can show up in the middle of the match.

We're almost there... The semis will tell a lot.

Oh, BTW: Delpo vs Nole 0.5 will lose in straights.

cocrcici
08-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Novak has no hope to returning to the fluke form we seen in 2011, he dosen't deserve to win Slams like Murray! Worst player to ever reach number one and win 4 slams complete filth!

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa3Y26iTCqAD1zpnc1DmmViFaND4dK7 NzMtSGrnzAS3jJAqZ4Z

Alex999
08-03-2012, 09:09 AM
I mean, really, ... are you a frustrated young teenager who can't get laid, great post :lol::lol::lol:

m0mentum
08-03-2012, 10:01 AM
If Nole wins Olympics eventually he'll show Nole 2.5 to the world!!! Mark my words :)

If he doesn't he'll still have fat chances for year end No.1 cause he'll enter fresh and hopefully injury free into the last part of season, but I doubt in Nole 2.0 form.

This.

We all know what kind of confidence boost the Davis cup victory proved to be.
Olympics pack an even mightier punch.

Hypnotize
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
That's quite a temper tantrum. I thinks it's time for your nap. :haha:

Shinoj
08-03-2012, 12:29 PM
He is playing a bit safe this season, To be Honest.

Why is he playing like that? Only he knows.

Because Nole 2.0 is clearly in him even now as he showed in that 3rd Set RG.