Jimnik
08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
TENNIS IS ALIVE!!! :bigclap: :woohoo:

tealeaves
08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Did they play under the roof for one game? 35-18 for Kei :eek: WOW

Chris Kuerten
08-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Sickening mafia action to move the match.

Kat_YYZ
Boo! :no: they should've moved the players to CC when they were at an even score, like 4-4.

But Congrats to Kei. :yeah:

Singularity
Ferrer hurt by the change of court at the end, there.

willoughby
This was pathetic :facepalm: Play one more game on the darkness and either stop it at 5-5 or Kei wins 6-4. geez.. I can't believe they moved the match to center court at 4-5 in the third. Awful organization here, but congrats to Kei anyway :yeah:

Lazyking
08-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Congrats Kei

rhinooooo
08-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Glad for Kei but that was a disgusting decision to change courts at that scoreline. Unbelievable.

Dead Net Cord
08-01-2012, 08:28 PM
This was pathetic :facepalm: Play one more game on the darkness and either stop it at 5-5 or Kei wins 6-4. geez.. I can't believe they moved the match to center court at 4-5 in the third. Awful organization here, but congrats to Kei anyway :yeah:

this

motorhead

u sir are a ferrer tard

SVK
Sickening mafia action to move the match.

I agree, and I bet Uncle Toni is involved in this, because he don´t want anyone to steal Nadal´s glory in Spain.

willoughby
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM
u sir are a ferrer tard

Ferrer and Nishikori are my two favourite players, but does that matter? :confused: Moving the match at 5-4 was a really bad decision and I would've said the same even if Ferrer won the match.

Looner
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM

I completely agree. Stupid decision. Not surprising though as the organisers seem to have peaked today with Ms Push on CC for the 3rd time in a row.

Orange Wombat
08-01-2012, 08:30 PM
They moved the match to a different court and I couldn't see the end :(

:yeah: Congrats Kei. He was brilliant at times. Great shotmaking, especially on the run :D

Ferrer fought well as always. (And no, Mug Lenders, he wasn't pushing :rolleyes: He actually played some aggressive tennis, but today wasn't his day.)

Nishikori finally making a breakthrough :clap2: Japanese crowd went crazy.

nole_no1
Amazing. Well done Kei :hatoff: Unfortunatelly Delpo will now be in the SF and he won't stand a chance against Fed as usual

Federer in 2
:facepalm:

Sad for Ferrer, clearly wasn't at his best. But it's a good thing he lost to another player I like, and he had a great grass season overall. Kinda sad he won't get to doggy-style Del Potro yet again, but Delpo-Nishi will probably be nice.
Onto the HC season, David will come back strong! :D

Oh, I almost forgot...
Mark Lenders - GO NUTS!

Chris Kuerten
Moving the match to a different court while Ferrer was serving to stay in the match, surely some heads will roll?

MuzzahLovah
Kei won and the haters are complaining about the court blah blah. It's not like Kei didn't have millions of break points that last set and wouldn't have broken any way if they came back tomorrow.

pusher for life
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
as expected, the vulture gets thrashed when he faces a quality opponent although i'm not the biggest fan of nishikori

Lopez
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Great for Nishikori :yeah:.

How many Spaniards are left now? :eek:

I know Almagro is still in singles. How about ladies, doubles, ladies' doubles and mixed?

*bunny*
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Kei! :woohoo:

But very unfortunate for Ferru the match was moved indoors when he was serving to stay in the match. He didn't make any complaint when the chair umpire announced the decision, such a class, Ferru! :hug:

Kei was missing nothing in the first set, hitting winner after winner. Then Ferru fought back and Kei couldn't convert multiple BP chances when Ferru was serving 3-4. Maybe the 30-minute break calmed him down.

Anyway, hope he can continue with the form he had in the first set and he even has a chance against Delpo!

willoughby
08-01-2012, 08:33 PM

I know Almagro is still in singles. How about ladies, doubles, ladies' doubles and mixed?

Ferrer and Felicity are in the doubles QF. They play tomorrow against Cilic/Dodig. Nobody left in ladies as expected.

BackhandDTL
08-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Congrats to Nishikori. Didn't see the match, but saw the stats for Nishikori's bagel... 12 winners off the forehand and 4 off the backhand to just 4 unforced errors, I think it was? "Mmm-mmm, TMG. Too much game."

Lopez
08-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Ferrer and Felicity are in the doubles QF. They play tomorrow against Cilic/Dodig. Nobody left in ladies as expected.

Do they have any teams in the mixed doubles?

Hian-GOAT
Queen Vulture :sad: :spit:

Kei :spit: :yeah: :hysteric: A bagel.

Yashal
So disappointing :(
All my mens favs are out now :sobbing:

Nico and then Ferru&Feli in doubles.

henke007
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Ferrer :facepalm:

kyleskywalker007
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
The winner here is Del Potro, Ferrer would have wiped the floor with Delpo.

misty1
08-01-2012, 08:36 PM
kei:bounce:

duarte_a
Ferrer has no business being in the QF of a grass tournament, right?

Good result for the game.

motorhead
Ferrer and Nishikori are my two favourite players, but does that matter? :confused: Moving the match at 5-4 was a really bad decision and I would've said the same even if Ferrer won the match.

there was just not enough light. they couldn't possibly know how long ferrer's serving game could last. hence the decision.

willoughby
Do they have any teams in the mixed doubles?

Not in the main draw. Granollers and MJ Martínez are the first alternates, but I don't think they'll get in, tbh.

Sophitia36
08-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Nishikori deserved his win, he played very well. And David played very badly today, he deserved to lose. His first serves were terrible, and there was something wrong with his forehand, too...

I agree that it was unfortunate to change courts at that particular time. But I don't think it would have changed the outcome. I mean, come on, guys, David blew the first set completely and lost 6-0 in only 21 minutes.

I am hugely disappointed but I don't blame it on the organisers, I only blame it on a very bad day for Ferru (possibly just a bad day, possibly exhaustion).
Now I hope he goes far with Feli in doubles but still, I have no words to say how disappointed I am.

Hian-GOAT
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_55GLukgbBwo/SqKNBjLEv7I/AAAAAAAAC4o/bYJQQLhbVaY/s400/02+Turkey+vulture+in+flight.jpg

Fly away, fly away.
I am a mug, I am a clown
I am Vulture-Titanium

skinny dave
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
that was a truly appalling decision, poor david. that said, well done kei, awesome win :)

Travod
08-01-2012, 08:41 PM
How many points did Ferrer win in the first set?

motorhead
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
on a side note we could observe difference gap in class between Ferru and Nadal who would have asked for a supervisor or bumped into Nishikori's shoulder at the changerover when the match was moved. respect for the man Ferru.

skinny dave
08-01-2012, 08:43 PM
How many points did Ferrer win in the first set?

9 :facepalm:

henke007
08-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh well Delpo is through to the semi's :)

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
KEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome

lets do this-

ferrer.... good game- shame about the move but overall nice

Travod
08-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Was hoping for a golden set, lolololol.

Corey Feldman
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Ferru got stiffed http://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/shappy_laughing_hehe_100-100.gif?w=1000&h=

LastRocket
08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
After that clinical first set, Kei deserved the win.
Vamos!!!!!!

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 09:05 PM
KEI YOU FREAKING LEGEND :inlove:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Go rest up and give your best tomorrow against JMDP :D

Tennis is saved :) How can you not love Kei :hearts:?

ossie
08-01-2012, 09:06 PM
good job nishikori.

Chip & Charge
08-01-2012, 09:08 PM
So happy for Kei, glad he has bounced back well from the hiding he got off Soeda last week. Good luck against Del Potro!

sylacauga
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
First congrats to Kei & his fans, he played an incredible match.

Feel disappointed for Pics. He just couldn't really get his game going today, but that had a lot to do with Kei's excellent play. David conducted himself like a true gentleman throughout the match even with the change of court at the end. I can just imagine the drama some other players would have stirred up if this had happened to them, but David just went about business as usual. That's why I will always be David's fan win or lose. He is a professional & a class act through and through. Good luck to Pics and Feli in their doubles quest.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
On the negative side, this reminds me of 2008 USO when Nishikori beat Ferrer in an epic and then was too tired to face Delpo, I'm afraid the same will happen again :sad:

This mug is only here to tire out and hurt the chances of the really talented players. The sooner he declines for good, the better.

Hope I'm wrong and Kei manages to be fresh tomorrow :D

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
08-01-2012, 09:15 PM
it doesnt matter

del 1 slam wondro will get ***** by fed

or anyone with a good slice

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Surprising result, especially that bagel, but good on Kei to get this win.

The organization is a joke however. Luckily for them it was only the world #5 they screwed - had it been someone in the top 4 then all hell would have broken loose. True story. David, though, is too humble to make a scene. Taking the loss like the professional he is.

Also, Lenders will probably destroy this thread with verbal ejaculations all night. Disgusting

Andy_Murray_Fan
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
YEEEEEES KEI!!!!!! Huge win! So pleased. Just hope that he can be ready for tomorrow. Let's go Kei!!

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Surprising result, especially that bagel, but good on Kei to get this win.

The organization is a joke however. Luckily for them it was only the world #5 they screwed - had it been someone in the top 4 then all hell would have broken loose. True story. David, though, is too humble to make a scene. Taking the loss like the professional he is.

Also, Lenders will probably destroy this thread with verbal ejaculations all night. Disgusting

I partly agree with this; they shouldn't have changed court at 4*-5, one more game should have been played on court 14. But oh well, Kei deserves to get a lucky break after all the setbacks he's had over the past few years. And he deserved his win anyway.

And I'll definitely ejaculate non stop on this thread, but first I gotta find myself a video of this match: I missed the bagel due to lack of stream and the end of the third set because I had to leave :D

Sophitia36
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
On the negative side, this reminds me of 2008 USO when Nishikori beat Ferrer in an epic and then was too tired to face Delpo, I'm afraid the same will happen again :sad:

This mug is only here to tire out and hurt the chances of the really talented players. The sooner he declines for good, the better.

I don't know how they can tolerate haters like you on a forum for grown-ups. Those posts are so contemptible and annoying.

There are players I don't like, some I cannot stand (Safin being at the very top of my list BTW) but I would never even think of posting such mean and stupid messages about them. I don't like Nadal but going to brag about his defeat against Rosol and rubbing salt into his fans' wounds on the dedicated post would be the last thing I would consider.
I always disliked Kuerten, but I was aware that it was purely my personal taste and I had no good, objective reason to dislike him or be disagreeable to his fans.

I hope that spitting on classy people like Ferru, whose boots you are not worthy to kiss, and posting away thinking you know who deserves to be called a talented player and who doesn't, gives you some illusion of greatness, at least...
To think Mark Lenders was one of my favourite fictional characters when I was a child :rolleyes:

This being said... I don't wish Nishikori any ill. I don't hold him responsible for David's poor performance today, he took his chance, now I'm interested to see what he can do against DelPo.

kiriri***
08-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Poor David:sad: But he was terrible 1st set:o and unfortunate suspended *4-5

Good job, Kei:D He played well:D

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't know how they can tolerate haters like you on a forum for grown-ups. Those posts are so contemptible and annoying.

There are players I don't like, some I cannot stand (Safin being at the very top of my list BTW) but I would never even think of posting such mean and stupid messages about them. I don't like Nadal but going to brag about his defeat against Rosol and rubbing salt into his fans' wounds on the dedicated post would be the last thing I would consider.
I always disliked Kuerten, but I was aware that it was purely my personal taste and I had no good, objective reason to dislike him or be disagreeable to his fans.

I hope that spitting on classy people like Ferru, whose boots you are not worthy to kiss, and posting away thinking you know who deserves to be called a talented player and who doesn't, gives you some illusion of greatness, at least...
To think Mark Lenders was one of my favourite fictional characters when I was a child :rolleyes:

This being said... I don't wish Nishikori any ill. I don't hold him responsible for David's poor performance today, he took his chance, now I'm interested to see what he can do against DelPo.

:worship: :yeah:

I know that's not the point of the post, but couldn't help it. As for the rest, look at it on the bright side: when haters are vocal, it's usually a sign that a certain player is doing well/performing above expectations.

uxyzapenje
08-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Lenders I can imagine you crying of joy after Ferrer officially lost.

samanosuke
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
ferrer will see the real tragedy of this defeat when Isner beats Fed tomorrow

rocketassist
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Hope Kei can get it done in the quarters and be in the medal hunt on the grass.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Lenders I can imagine you crying of joy after Ferrer officially lost.

I'm very happy for sure. Just sad I missed the bagel and had to leave at 3-3 in the third :sad: Currently trying to find a video of the match, seems like an enjoyable way to spend the night :D

uxyzapenje
08-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm very happy for sure. Just sad I missed the bagel and had to leave at 3-3 in the third :sad: Currently trying to find a video of the match, seems like an enjoyable way to spend the night :D

I can imagine you having a collection of all Ferrers loses in his career on a DVD :haha:

Arkulari
08-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Ferru :sad: :sad: :sad:

Now I hope he and Feli can pick up a medal in doubles :hug:

samanosuke
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Now I hope he and Feli can pick up a medal in doubles :hug:

leave any hope for that. you know who are they facing

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I can imagine you having a collection of all Ferrers loses in his career on a DVD :haha:

I don't hate him that much :lol: Besides, I do have a lot of time on my hands, but not that much time :p

I enjoyed this and USO 2008 especially because Kei is one of my favorite players, so it's the best of both worlds :D

samanosuke
08-01-2012, 10:08 PM

are you interested for dvds of nadal's defeats ?

FlameOn
08-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Praise the Lord, Dullvid is out! :lol:

Kei :bowdown::worship:

Pirata.
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM

What a sad poster you are :o

David :hug:
Kei :)

Thunderfish8
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
as expected, the vulture gets thrashed when he faces a quality opponent although i'm not the biggest fan of nishikori

you are a disgrace. it was a high quality match and both players were fantastic throughout despite the bagel in the first set.

two of the best players and personalities on tour... its a shame one of them had to lose

anyway back to this fucking idiotic post

MTF LETS GET THIS PIECE OF SHIT BACK TO A BAD REP

its too bad i can't give rep to the same person within like a month

and in case it wasn't obvious enough i was the reason you had a bad rep for 24 hours... your welcome you joke of a tennis fan

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Praise the Lord, Dullvid is out! :lol:

Kei :bowdown::worship:

Indeed. I bow before Lord Kei.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Kei-Nishikori-Australian-open.jpg

:worship::worship::worship:

Chase Visa
08-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Congrats Kei.

Lenders jizzing atm.

Thunderfish8
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM

and to think i thought your posts were legit only a week ago

get the fuck off this forum you disgrace of a poster
have you now decided that ferrer is no longer a vulture but a mug???

calling one of the hardest working and nicest players on tour a mug:rolleyes:
i can't believe im actually reading this
im usually a neutral party on this forum but you are fucking ridiculous

i also don't think he'll be too tired to face del potro... in fact i think he will win

in terms of ferrer declining, you might wanna disable your account till at least 2014... pics is here to stay for now
for now, YOU are the mug along with "pusher for life" and should waste your time posting elsewhere

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Sad for Ferrer (:sad: :hug:), but of course a great win for Nishikori.
If it wasn't for me being a fan of Ferrer's, I might have even commented "good for tennis", and in some way I indeed think it is - always good to see someone else come through at a big tournament (okay, whether this tournament is indeed 'big' is a matter of opinion :angel:) in stead of the reoccuring Usual Suspects.
Well done Kei! :hatoff:

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I know that's not the point of the post, but couldn't help it. As for the rest, look at it on the bright side: when haters are vocal, it's usually a sign that a certain player is doing well/performing above expectations.

Referring to yourself eh? :D :wavey:
It's true though.

Geo
08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
awesome win for Kei!! :yeah: :dance: I hope he's finally starting to come into his own.

I'm glad Ferrer lost because I'm sick of him beating all the lower ranked players and then bowing out to the same old top 4. :wavey:

Brick Top
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Jap served him a bagel with sushi.

Moozza
08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Well Done to Kei. For me he is definately the most underrated player of his age group, certaintly better than Raonic. Still pretty surprised by the result though, what happened in the first set? Was GOATikori out to play then?

betowiec
08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
expected

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Well Done to Kei. For me he is definately the most underrated player of his age group, certaintly better than Raonic. Still pretty surprised by the result though, what happened in the first set? Was GOATikori out to play then?

This might be one of the first times we agree.

Except about it being a surprise, the better and more talented player won.

But yeah, Kei is, as of now, definitely the best player of his age group, despite all his injuries.

Alex999
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
didn't see the match, but happy for Kei.

and guys, please can we all try to be a bit more civilized and stop insulting each other and players in general, like really. every thread I open up, it's about mugs and vultures and whatever. it's getting old.

Kiedis
08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
David missed some of his 250 events, I guess.

BroTree123
08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Vulture :sad:

Great win for Emperor Kei :yeah:

Mechlan
08-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Great win Kei! I expected Ferrer to lose before the QF here so can't say I'm surprised. I am disappointed in the way the match ended though. Ferrer is, as always, a class act.

Edda
08-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I like Nishikori, but was hoping for Ferru to contend for a medal. Too bad for David.

Thanos
08-01-2012, 11:44 PM
this time kei did save tennis.

Nole Rules
08-01-2012, 11:53 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Tennis won. Great result for the game. Bye, vulture.

:wavey:

Nole Rules
08-01-2012, 11:54 PM
David missed some of his 250 events, I guess.

:lol:

Bad Religion
08-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Pics will win Rio 2016. He has not reached his peak yet

Moozza
08-02-2012, 12:00 AM
This might be one of the first times we agree.

Except about it being a surprise, the better and more talented player won.

But yeah, Kei is, as of now, definitely the best player of his age group, despite all his injuries.

He doesn't get as much hype, but he is the one I see reaching the top ten first.

Pirata.
08-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm glad Ferrer lost because I'm sick of him beating all the lower ranked players and then bowing out to the same old top 4. :wavey:

Would you prefer for him lose in the first round to lower ranked players like Berdych? Mug.

Mark Lenders
08-02-2012, 12:15 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310608_10150835989550271_1894601531_n.jpg

Chef Kei cooking a tasty bagel for Ferrer :D

rocketassist
08-02-2012, 12:17 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Tennis won. Great result for the game. Bye, vulture.

:wavey:

I think I'm going to be giving out some ACC votes for 'copycatting' this year.

Nole Rules
08-02-2012, 12:43 AM
I think I'm going to be giving out some ACC votes for 'copycatting' this year.

I'm copycatting who? :lol:

tommyg6
08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
The vulture has been slayed.

Sunset of Age
08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Would you prefer for him lose in the first round to lower ranked players like Berdych? Mug.

:worship:

At least Ferrer is a player who lives up to his ranking some 99% of the times.
He lost this one, well so what, why all the nastiness?

Okay, I guess my Sarcasm Detector is off tonight. :p

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 01:06 AM
New item on the menu: Tempura Vulture.

Mark Lenders
08-02-2012, 01:10 AM
New item on the menu: Tempura Vulture.

I prefer Vulture Bagel, brought to you by the one and only Chef Kei.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310608_10150835989550271_1894601531_n.jpg

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I prefer Vulture Bagel, brought to you by the one and only Chef Kei.

A bagel isn't very Japanese is it :o

Mark Lenders
08-02-2012, 01:15 AM
A bagel isn't very Japanese is it :o

The one Kei stuffed down Ferrer's throat was very Japanese :drool:

Henry Chinaski
08-02-2012, 01:20 AM
I have to admit when I first noticed him, lenders seemed like a reasonably knowledgeable poster, albeit one with a bit of a del potro obsession.

didn't take long for him to develop into a full-on tedious fuckwit of a troll and jump to the top of ignore list queue

Geo
08-02-2012, 01:25 AM

To shake up things, I wouldn't mind seeing Ferrer lose more often in earlier rounds, since it doesn't appear that he's going to start beating the top 4 except once in a great while. If his results weren't so predictable, I wouldn't mind, but it's almost always NID that he will advance to the first top 4 player he faces, and then lose comfortably. We've seen that enough times already and it's BORING. Nishikori's win is great for the game. :wavey:

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 01:26 AM
The one Kei stuffed down Ferrer's throat was very Japanese :drool:

Cruel way to put it, but I suppose :lol:

n8
08-02-2012, 01:29 AM
NID that Mark has three times more posts in this thread than anyone else.

Isn't it preferred to coincide change of courts with change of ends?

leng jai
08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
All i can say about this is fucken ajde.

swebright
08-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Wow ... a shocker .

Slice Winner
08-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Someone from Japan please enlighten me.
Is it Kei as in okay - oKAY
Or Kei as in eye - kEYE?

The commentators change every five minutes.

n8
08-02-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Kay, rhyming with day.

BroTree123
08-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Yes. It's "Kay".

Mark Lenders
08-02-2012, 01:56 AM
This result is only appropriate.

One of the most underrated players on this forum defeating argubaly the most overrated one. Lots of laughable and quotable posts in the WWW thread claiming Kei had no chance :rolleyes:

It's Kay btw.

tripwires
08-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Posting the same picture twice in a thread and on the same page is not cool. Mark Lenders as a Ferrer hater is up there with the worst Nadal-hating Fedtards, except he has better English.

Anyway, this result is good for Asian tennis. Poor Pics. :sad:

Slice Winner
08-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Are you all basing your opinions on a commentator's pronuncuation? Waiting for an Asian to clarify. ;)

kokokoala
08-02-2012, 02:51 AM
I was wondering how Nishikori beat Ferrer.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/21jzq1k.jpg

Mark Lenders
08-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Those stats are for Isner vs Tipsarevic.

Slade
08-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Congrats Kei, big win

dencod16
08-02-2012, 03:58 AM
What a last game, a backhand winner from nishi, then a double fault from Ferrer (his first of the entire match), then two balls he netted from the backhand then forehand. Ferrer looked like he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Funny how del Potro has two side of the coin in this match, he demolished Kei and got demolished by Ferrer in Wimble, I think del Potro went wild when he found out the outcome. Oh Well only Isner can stop Federer now to Medal.

Mark Lenders
08-02-2012, 04:07 AM
What a last game, a backhand winner from nishi, then a double fault from Ferrer (his first of the entire match), then two balls he netted from the backhand then forehand. Ferrer looked like he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Funny how del Potro has two side of the coin in this match, he demolished Kei and got demolished by Ferrer in Wimble, I think del Potro went wild when he found out the outcome. Oh Well only Isner can stop Federer now to Medal.

Yeah because Ferrer was really a threat to take out Federer :rolleyes:

If anything Kei is much more likely to do so, and he's not likely at all either. Federer should have smooth sailing to the finals if he beats Isner; it'd be beyond a monumental upset if Kei or Juan beat him in the semis on a grasscourt.

Andy1402
08-02-2012, 05:45 AM
and to think i thought your posts were legit only a week ago

get the fuck off this forum you disgrace of a poster
have you now decided that ferrer is no longer a vulture but a mug???

calling one of the hardest working and nicest players on tour a mug:rolleyes:
i can't believe im actually reading this
im usually a neutral party on this forum but you are fucking ridiculous

i also don't think he'll be too tired to face del potro... in fact i think he will win

in terms of ferrer declining, you might wanna disable your account till at least 2014... pics is here to stay for now
for now, YOU are the mug along with "pusher for life" and should waste your time posting elsewhere

This. Lenders is really full of hate. Ferrer is a thoroughly nice player and a human being. How you haven't been banned yet is truly astonishing.

cutesteve22
08-02-2012, 05:57 AM
David :o

Slade
08-02-2012, 06:01 AM

Really despicable, I think you crossed the line here.

*bunny*
08-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Someone from Japan please enlighten me.
Is it Kei as in okay - oKAY
Or Kei as in eye - kEYE?

The commentators change every five minutes.
It's "Kay" or like the alphabet "K."

In Japanese hiragana, it's spelled けい。In kanji, it's 圭。:)

You can be sure coz I'm from Japan.

Sommarsverige
08-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Sad for Ferru :sad: :sad:

Really hope he and Feli will win a medal in doubles now :yeah:

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Actually, you know, it must be because I feel even worse this morning about this than I felt yesterday (I'm sure Mark Lenders would be thrilled to read more details about how terribly depressed I feel, but since I also feel stupid that tennis can affect me so much I'm not going to expand), but I'm starting to regret that Ferru did NOT protest about moving the match.
He probably felt that having played so badly, he wasn't really in a position to protest. And overall, if you look at the score and the statistics, seeing Nishikori win is no scandal at all.

But although I love Ferrer for being so classy, sometimes, I wish he would stand up for himself. He was playing much better at the end of that set, and then, after the interruption... He double-faulted for the first time in the entire match... He really didn't play as well. It WAS a terrible decision to move the match at that moment, and it was disrespectful to him. And I also believe as some people said that they did that to Ferru because they knew he wasn't going to get angry.

Iván
08-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Nishi's baseline game on fire all week!

his game can be breath taking, extremely attacking and fun to watch, hope he avoids injuries and reaches the top 5 one day.

Chris Kuerten
08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Actually, you know, it must be because I feel even worse this morning about this than I felt yesterday (I'm sure Mark Lenders would be thrilled to read more details about how terribly depressed I feel, but since I also feel stupid that tennis can affect me so much I'm not going to expand), but I'm starting to regret that Ferru did NOT protest about moving the match.
He probably felt that having played so badly, he wasn't really in a position to protest. And overall, if you look at the score and the statistics, seeing Nishikori win is no scandal at all.

But although I love Ferrer for being so classy, sometimes, I wish he would stand up for himself. He was playing much better at the end of that set, and then, after the interruption... He double-faulted for the first time in the entire match... He really didn't play as well. It WAS a terrible decision to move the match at that moment, and it was disrespectful to him. And I also believe as some people said that they did that to Ferru because they knew he wasn't going to get angry.:hug:

If this would've happened to someone of the top 4 there would be headlines speaking outrage in the newspapers. But remember, this is part of the reason why we love Ferrer so much, the guy is a sweetheart and the greatest sportsman on tour. And to be fair, he was simply off his game today and it could've gone either way. He still has a chance to take home a medal, the QF of the doubles event is today!

Looner
08-02-2012, 10:21 AM

But although I love Ferrer for being so classy, sometimes, I wish he would stand up for himself. He was playing much better at the end of that set, and then, after the interruption... He double-faulted for the first time in the entire match... He really didn't play as well. It WAS a terrible decision to move the match at that moment, and it was disrespectful to him. And I also believe as some people said that they did that to Ferru because they knew he wasn't going to get angry.

The only thing I don't understand about your post is how you can be so affected by Ferrer's loss :confused:. Apart from that, it was a terrible, terrible decision. Let's hope Ferru is able to vulture a title in Toronto due to the loss here and finally wins his first Masters :).

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
:hug:

If this would've happened to someone of the top 4 there would be headlines speaking outrage in the newspapers. But remember, this is part of the reason why we love Ferrer so much, the guy is a sweetheart and the greatest sportsman on tour. And to be fair, he was simply off his game today and it could've gone either way. He still has a chance to take home a medal, the QF of the doubles event is today!

I know, but the Olympic tournament is already not highly rated in tennis, so the doubles... They would have to win at least silver or gold to make up for the disappointment in singles.
Plus, I highly doubt I'll be able to watch the doubles. It was already hard enough to get to see anything of the match against Nishikori yesterday. Watching live scores isn't exactly my thing...

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
The only thing I don't understand about your post is how you can be so affected by Ferrer's loss :confused:. Apart from that, it was a terrible, terrible decision. Let's hope Ferru is able to vulture a title in Toronto due to the loss here and finally wins his first Masters :).

Have you ever really really loved a player? When you really root for someone, and you get really excited about it, and it ends like this, it's such a shock, for me it can lead to feeling really depressed afterwards. Like they took all the excitement out of your world, if you see what I mean.

When you expect it, it's not as bad, but this one, it hurts more than the RG loss against Nadal, which was painful to watch, but expected, and the loss against Murray in Wimbledon, which was also probable and was still a very good match to watch.
Firstly because I was not expecting this, secondly because I was really excited about an Olympic medal and it was really within his reach, thirdly, because he played badly and it was so sad to watch, and fourthly, because it ended in a not-really-clean way to make it worse.

Li Ching Yuen
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
1. Match gets suspended: "Horrible organization at this tournament, how dare these idiots suspend the match when they could move it to whatever court. Now the winner has to play two matches in one day. TRAVESTY. TERRORISTS."
2. Match gets moved with play ON serve: Horrible for loser (Ferrer), just a TRAVESTY, terrible decision, those people should have nightmares in their sleep. SLASH THEIR TIRES. MORONS. BOO
3. Match continues on with players holding serve on the same court. Play eventually gets suspended and changing of courts.: "My god what ridiculous decision, these organizers are horrendous, how dare they do this, changing court like this. *insert whining from loser's fanboys*
4. Match continues, players hold serve, too dark to continue, match doesn't get moved, play suspended: "Jesus Christ these organizers are horrible, this scheduling is a an injustice, *que complains from 1)*
5. Match moves at 4-4 on another court, a immediate break follows then a hold of serve, loser's fanboys lose their shit even moreso than at 1), same ridiculous claims and stupid whining.
6. Match moves on another court and continues til 70-68 for either player, 3 days later. :"Epic, but what fucking idiots for them to change court, loser still didn't recover and would've won easily if the organizers hadn't fucked up like they always do + more useless whining"

Guess where you fit in.

tripwires
08-02-2012, 10:42 AM
1. Match gets suspended: "Horrible organization at this tournament, how dare these idiots suspend the match when they could move it to whatever court. Now the winner has to play two matches in one day. TRAVESTY. TERRORISTS."
2. Match gets moved with play ON serve: Horrible for loser (Ferrer), just a TRAVESTY, terrible decision, those people should have nightmares in their sleep. SLASH THEIR TIRES. MORONS. BOO
3. Match continues on with players holding serve on the same court. Play eventually gets suspended and changing of courts.: "My god what ridiculous decision, these organizers are horrendous, how dare they do this, changing court like this. *insert whining from loser's fanboys*
4. Match continues, players hold serve, too dark to continue, match doesn't get moved, play suspended: "Jesus Christ these organizers are horrible, this scheduling is a an injustice, *que complains from 1)*
5. Match moves at 4-4 on another court, a immediate break follows then a hold of serve, loser's fanboys lose their shit even moreso than at 1), same ridiculous claims and stupid whining.
6. Match moves on another court and continues til 70-68 for either player, 3 days later. :"Epic, but what fucking idiots for them to change court, loser still didn't recover and would've won easily if the organizers hadn't fucked up like they always do + more useless whining"

Guess where you fit in.

All I can say is...

:bowdown: x infinity

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Looner
08-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Have you ever really really loved a player? When you really root for someone, and you get really excited about it, and it ends like this, it's such a shock, for me it can lead to feeling really depressed afterwards. Like they took all the excitement out of your world, if you see what I mean.

Roger's my role model and I have never been more invested in someone I don't know. I still would not feel completely down after he loses. Life goes on :shrug:.

Guess where you fit in.

Are you seriously suggesting it made no difference whether they moved it at 4-5 or 4-4. So often commentators and fans alike talk about the pressure of serving second and with that in a deciding set, the pressure of staying in the match. Just look at that Roddick-El Aynaoui record-breaker in 2002. El Aynaoui broke but was broken right back. It DOES make a difference...

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Guess where you fit in.

Ridiculous.
There were better solutions available (including your number 3, actually): move the match BEFORE (like when they were at 3-3, or 4-4), or move the match AFTER (since they had been playing in the dark for some time... either Ferrer won his serve and they had 5-5, or he lost the match right there as he did).
It's not like darkness is an unpredictable phenomenon.

And yes I think the scheduling is ridiculous, when you know that rain is going to interrupt matches almost every day, you make them start earlier.
Also, they might have a good reason for that, but I think they should not play the whole singles AND doubles tournament over only a week. Even when they're shorter matches.
It's still an important event, and I think it's insane to see Tsonga, for instance, who played the day before yesterday, and again yesterday, and will have to play both singles and doubles today.

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Roger's my role model and I have never been more invested in someone I don't know. I still would not feel completely down after he loses. Life goes on :shrug:.

Well, first, I'd say, people are different. I have never had any role model in my life, that's not how I relate to my idols. But I am hugely invested emotionally whenever I support someone in a sport.
Actually, strangely enough, when I compete myself (in small ice-skating competitions), I'm not that invested emotionally :D

And also, as you probably know (lol), Roger wins A LOT... So it's a different experience. When the sportsman you root for has won almost everything there is to win, and is very likely to win plenty more, logically it's not that much of a big deal if he loses.
But as a former Coria fan... I know what it's like to support a player who misses his chance of winning THE tournament that he logically should win, and then, never has another chance again.
Same for Ferrer, he's still waiting for a major title and may never win one.

motorhead
08-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Guess where you fit in.
:haha:

Li Ching Yuen
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Ridiculous.
There were better solutions available (including your number 3, actually): move the match BEFORE (like when they were at 3-3, or 4-4), or move the match AFTER (since they had been playing in the dark for some time... either Ferrer won his serve and they had 5-5, or he lost the match right there as he did).

And yes I think the scheduling is ridiculous, when you know that rain is going to interrupt matches almost every day, you make them start earlier.
Also, they might have a good reason for that, but I think they should not play the whole singles AND doubles tournament over only a week. Even when they're shorter matches.
It's still an important event, and I think it's insane to see Tsonga, for instance, who played the day before yesterday, and again yesterday, and will have to play both singles and doubles today.

The irony of it all.

motorhead
08-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Ridiculous.

move the match after it was finished? what for?

Thunderfish8
08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Ferrer is a very quiet player
he doesn't like to stand up for himself
its one of the reasons why he's so well respected: he never bitches and moans

i'm a roddick fan but i'm pretty sure ferrer was a bit shaken up by the late court change at the U.S. Open last year and that match might have ended differently had they continued on Armstrong, but just like this time, Ferrer decided not to put up a fight and just tried to deal with it

on the downside, he should stand up for himself in some of these extreme situations but on the upside he never gets into stupid arguements with umpires like roddick

he is probably the most timid player on tour and i think thats a good thing

Sophitia36
08-02-2012, 05:14 PM

The irony of it all.

You can laugh as much as you want, but I've read articles that said there were many complaints about the organisation of the tennis event in London. And I don't mean complaints from fanboys.
Among other things: there are not enough courts available for training, the provision of food for players is inadequate, Wimbledon is too far from the other Olympic facilities and that's a problem for players, etc.

And you're still wrong about the Ferrer/Nishikori match.
I don't generally bitch about the organisers when they have to stop or delay a match because it started raining (I'll bitch about the rain for fucking up my afternoon of watching tennis, but that's different :D). The organisers can't do much about it.
But in this case, it was truly a mistake because of the PREDICTABLE nature of it all. You know it's going to get dark in the evening, right? So you don't have to wait until the match reaches a critical point to decide what to do about it.

chewy
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Ferrer is a very quiet player
he doesn't like to stand up for himself
its one of the reasons why he's so well respected: he never bitches and moans

i'm a roddick fan but i'm pretty sure ferrer was a bit shaken up by the late court change at the U.S. Open last year and that match might have ended differently had they continued on Armstrong, but just like this time, Ferrer decided not to put up a fight and just tried to deal with it

on the downside, he should stand up for himself in some of these extreme situations but on the upside he never gets into stupid arguements with umpires like roddick

he is probably the most timid player on tour and i think thats a good thing
I also like Ferrer for many reasons and it's good to read that there're others who see his good qualities as an athlete. I read quite a few post of support for Ferrer, actually more than I expected.

I don't know him on a personal level but he come across as a quiet achiever, not timid but just goes about his business without all the whining.