Olympics R3: Djokovic def. Hewitt 4-6 7-5 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics R3: Djokovic def. Hewitt 4-6 7-5 6-1

Lopez
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Hewitt played really well. Nole was shaky but a lot of it had to do with Hewitt's excellent play. Nole was able to channel his inner Serverer, getting bailed out by his serve a lot of times when he was the shakier player in the baseline rallies. Upped his game in the end and Hewitt's level dropped.

Go Nole :yeah:! Would love a Fedole final, they've had great encounters the past few years.

rinnegan
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
It was nice of Nole to give Hewitt false hope before taking it away with a snap of his fingers.

leng jai
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Big Hass would have straight setted this Nole.

ZaZoo)
Nole :worship: :worship: :worship: :cheerleader:

Fedzniacki haters - :wavey::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave: SUKIT :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::wavey:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B7Z190i8t94/Tq9-9X1OjeI/AAAAAAAAM5Q/1HmC9bcuQO0/s1600/Novak_Djokovic_Tennis_Player-5.jpg

BroTree123
Just cleaned up his footwork as the match went on. After that, Hewitt was screwed. There wasn't much he could do after the 2nd set.

nole_no1
Nole lost a set but that's because Hewitt played very well. High quality match. I'm happy with his performance :yeah:

Dead Net Cord
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
That's what a real Wild Card means.

Looner
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Tough draw for Nole this one. When Hewy's on, he's tough to beat. It'll be a lot easier in the QF.

Mechlan
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Djokovic's serve helped him stay in it until he found his range. Hewitt also tailed off at the end with more unforced errors. Good to see Rusty give a decent accounting of himself.

Paylu2007
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Good effort from lleyton, sadly for him it wasn't enough.

Djokovic on that outfit look gorgeous! :hearts:

Li Ching Yuen
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Surprisingly entertaining match given the nature of these players.

DjokerFan3
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Hewitt played well in the first 2 sets, and I liked his aggressive play going after Djoker's 2nd serve in the 1st set, that's what won him that 1st set. :yeah: A pity that Hewitt couldn't keep that level up, but kudos to him for the great fight he showed.

Djoker served his way out of trouble, good stuff!!! Onto the QF Nole :rocker:

MinioNole
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Wew, brilliant tennis by Nole at the 3rd set. Respect for Hewitt though. It's been quite a competitive battle whenever these two meet. QF, baby!

DjokerFan3
08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Hewitt played really well. Nole was shaky but a lot of it had to do with Hewitt's excellent play. Nole was able to channel his inner Serverer, getting bailed out by his serve a lot of times when he was the shakier player in the baseline rallies. Upped his game in the end and Hewitt's level dropped.

Go Nole :yeah:! Would love a Fedole final, they've had great encounters the past few years.

Agreed with everything you have said here. +1

StevoTG
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Lleyton looked out of it in the third set, the serve, movement and timing went off a bit. That second set was tight, but Novak served so good throughout it and made the opportunities to break, he showed his champion qualities. Fantastic player. Really enjoyed the first couple of sets. Great effort Lleyton and good luck to Novak going forward :)

IOFH
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Tough draw for Nole this one. When Hewy's on, he's tough to beat. It'll be a lot easier in the QF.

:confused: Tsonga is harder task if he's not tired, that could be an entertaining match.

The match was actually tighter than the scoreline, Djoko capitalized on all of his chances whereas Hewitt didn't take his in the 2nd and early in the 3rd.

henke007
08-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Expected but should have been 6-3 6-1

JediFed
Shoulda won in Straight sets. Imagine MTF then? :angel:

uxyzapenje
I typed good comment praising Hewitts game and saying good win for Novak but my net broke, so screw that, go GOATle! :worship:

Burrow
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
In the end Djokovic out grinded Hewitt. Everyone knew it would be a wipe out after Djokovic squeezed out that second set.

Djokovic's footwork is difficult to watch.

Hard to understand why those who dislike Nadal so much for his reliance on defence praise Djokovic when he is just as reliant.

HeretiC
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Great match, Hewitt rolling back the years, at moments it was like watching him a decade ago: lobs, passing shots, quickly changing between redirecting and pressing when needed. It is no secret that Djokovic technique suffers when he doesnt have a strong solid footing on a surface, but that first set was really immaculate from Lleyton. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. :yeah:

aussie_fan
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Proud of you Lleyton

SheepleBuster
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Hewitt ... put up a better fight than Roddick who got bageled

Time Violation
08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Watched only 1st set, excellent effort from Hewitt, hardly did a thing wrong. His fist pumping and vichting on nearly every single point, whether winner or ue was hilarious though, if he was always like that, I'm glad I missed his prime :p

Good win for Nole, great to see him serve better and better :)

SheepleBuster
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
In the end Djokovic out grinded Hewitt. Everyone knew it would be a wipe out after Djokovic squeezed out that second set.

Hard to understand why those who dislike Nadal so much for his reliance on defence praise Djokovic when he is just as reliant.

Because Djokovic is a great player

Looner
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM

I think Djokovic is more reliant on movement, not so much defence. If he can't move his defence suffers but he also cannot put pressure on you on the offensive, as he finds it hard to set up for those big FHs.

Watched only 1st set, excellent effort from Hewitt, hardly did a thing wrong. His fist pumping and vichting on nearly every single point, whether winner or ue was hilarious though, if he was always like that, I'm glad I missed his prime :p

Sure was like that. I caught the end of it and hated him like no other. That is until Nadal showed up and I was hoping Fed would show him how the sport is played in the same way but look what happened there :sad:.

Sombrerero loco
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
rusty :facepalm:

Absolute Anthropoid
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Once Hewitt lost the 2nd it was either going to be a breadstick or bagel.

I am proud of Hewitt for his efforts

Lopez
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM

I think he's clearly technically more complete and more aggressive. Especially back when he bursted to the scene. Now he grinds more but I think almost every player has started to grind more, just look at Tsonga for example.

Lazyking
08-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Great compete level by hewitt, no reason he can't be a top 100 maybe top 50 player again barring injury. The big accurate servers with solid return will beat him every time tho.

NID
08-01-2012, 04:20 PM

+1

niff
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Novak's roar when he broke in the 2nd set, he's such a ham :lol:

Good effort Hewitt :hug:

Fujee
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Good hustle Lleyton, see you in retirement. Novak is not moving well on this grass.

nick the greek
08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Good fight Hewitt.Excellent stuff from Nole, first giving hope to the hatas and than ending it with a breadstick to make it more sweet.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I think he's clearly technically more complete and more aggressive. Especially back when he bursted to the scene. Now he grinds more but I think almost every player has started to grind more, just look at Tsonga for example.

When has Tsonga ever started grinding :confused:?

On topic, good match. Rusty put up an awesome fight as always, but Novak was too much for him. Still always good to see Hewitt play some great tennis.

Absolute Anthropoid
08-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Tomug will never have the heart Hewitt has

Corey Feldman
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
lol serbs showing up after Nole escaped from this prison

good that Hewey scared all of you out of your pants today :lol:

nick the greek
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Novak's roar when he broke in the 2nd set, he's such a ham :lol:

Good effort Hewitt :hug:
When Fed roars it's hilarious and pathetic(ballerinas can't roar), when Nole does it, it's beautiful.

choppaa
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Hewitt was great in the first, he didn't miss anything and for a while was doing to Novak what he's usually doing to others, great defense, smart shot selection, aggressive when the opportunity is there. Novak choked for a bit while serving at 5-3 in the second but stayed positive and waited for his chance to break. After that it was like a different match. It's funny that he broke Roddick's serve 4 times yesterday but struggled for a while with Hewitt's serving.

howyesno
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
that was some high quality match, nole really had to dig deep to fight off old grinder. good effort leyton!

Lopez
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
When has Tsonga ever started grinding :confused:?

On topic, good match. Rusty put up an awesome fight as always, but Novak was too much for him. Still always good to see Hewitt play some great tennis.

He's still offensive but grinds MORE than he did back in -07 and -08, in my opinion at least. Just check his AO run in -08, compared to his game today. Not saying he's a grinder by any means, just that he grinds more than he used to IMO :shrug:

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 04:29 PM
He's still offensive but grinds MORE than he did back in -07 and -08, in my opinion at least. Just check his AO run in -08, compared to his game today. Not saying he's a grinder by any means, just that he grinds more than he used to IMO :shrug:

He's more controlled with his aggression for sure, less flashy shotmaking too. But I'd hardly call it grinding, he's always looking to attack and finish the point on his own terms. To each their own, though, I guess.

mystic ice cube
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Great respect for Hewitt, he can hold his head high after that performance today.

Burrow
08-01-2012, 04:44 PM

You might have had a claim for this in 2010, when he actually did look rather passive at times, but I disagree for now. He doesn't fire away on forehands standing a couple of feet from the baseline as much today, but still, that doesn't equate to grinding, in any sense of the word. I can't remember Tsonga relying on an opponents error for more than a rally or two.

As for Djokovic being more technically complete than Nadal, well, maybe so off the backhand side and serve but it's hard to say that Djokovic is more technically complete than Nadal off the forehand side. There's no doubt that Nadal's forehand is far from textbook but that shouldn't take away from the fact that this stroke is an admirably unique stroke from a technical standpoint. Rarely will you see Nadal out of position for any kind of forehand and with such racket head speed, he sure doesn't frame the ball much. And as for volleys, Djokovic's footwork at the net makes it difficult to make a case for him.

Every time I watch Djokovic play, I am just amazed by his inability to hit the ball with pace when the ball is lower than the waist. It's often a wristy shot which lands short. Above the waist and just below shoulder height is where he excels and that's the reason why he hits so many flashy, powerful backhands against Nadal, especially cross court. Amongst other things, that's why I can't understand why people can compare this stroke to those like Agassi, Safin, Nalbandian and Kafelnikov, who could drill powerful, consistent and extremely flat backhands from well below waist height. Djokovic's backhand is consistent and he can get balls back out wide on the backhand side where those men would use the slice but that's more to do with his excellent movement and flexibility of the hips than anything.

Rambling a bit but I can't understand why those who dislike Nadal admire Djokovic when he's even more obnoxious personally and his game style has become reliant on movement, defence and fitness. Maybe those have such a dislike towards Nadal that they're just happy Djokovic is beating him :)

sylacauga
08-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Although I am no Hewitt fan, I have to take my hat off to him on the way he played in this match. He really took it to Nole and played an excellent tactical match especially through the first set and a half. Nole started to play the big points better and put more pressure on Hewitt as the second set progressed. After Nole won the second set, he really opened up his game, his serve and forehand were on fire and he never looked back. Very high quality match from both players.

Art&Soul
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Hewitt missed the chance to save tennis. A difficult win for the world #2

Nole fan
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM

Really, you think so? Playing Tsonga is never easy. :confused:

Hewitt can be really tough when he's on form and he's such a fighter, he never gives up, strong performance by him but Nole knew how to change the momentum and take his chances, after that it was him in cruising control. Tough one, he must be so happy to pull it off, it's never easy when you're one set down in a best of 3 format.

Go Nole, take the gold! :cheerleader:

Juz78
08-01-2012, 04:59 PM
When Fed roars it's hilarious and pathetic(ballerinas can't roar), when Nole does it, it's beautiful.

Will you two please just get a room...

Federer in 2
08-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Hopefully someone will take out this mug along the way

Corey Feldman
08-01-2012, 05:16 PM
let that match be a lesson to those with the Hewitt-weak era talk, Djoko only seen 50% of prime Hewitt there today

tennis will be saved later.

Alex999
08-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Kudos to Lleyton. good match. not sure why Novak is going up and down so much ... his foot work was just awful at some moments. good tactics by Hewitt, very smart play ... it just wasn't good enough.

Fireballer
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
let that match be a lesson to those with the Hewitt-weak era talk, Djoko only seen 50% of prime Hewitt there today

tennis will be saved later.

LOL Hewitt playing at his best in 1st set.And Fed did play in the weakest era in the last 20 years

Hian-GOAT
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Lleyton's attitude on court is disgusting. I used to like him, now I like him as a pig kissing an old lady.

Nole :yeah: Thank you.
Stay pressed shithaters.

Vinceremo
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Great effort Lleyton :yeah: A very nice, positive tournament for him.

To think that Bosnian poster made a thread and actually thought Dzumhur (who lost in the 1R of Italy F20 by the way) deserved the WC more :lol:

Tenis Srbija
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Hewitt was playing good. He was awesome in ra-ping Novak's BH. Tricky match.
Three more wins... :)

samanosuke
08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
so lucky boy this Nole with being born in right time. Imagine what would peak version of rusty done to him

Mercury
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Hewitt played a great first set and kept it up till late in the 2nd. But once Nole found his rhythm Hewitt had no real chance, Nole was so much better than Hewitt in the 3rd it wasn't even a game.

Nole is quite unpredictable lately. Each game to it's own really and even every set... If we are going to a Fedole final it should be quite a treat.

JamieBlake
08-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Kudos to Lleyton for making it competitive, he was sublime in the first 2 sets. A true legend.

Lopez
08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Every time I watch Djokovic play, I am just amazed by his inability to hit the ball with pace when the ball is lower than the waist. It's often a wristy shot which lands short.

That's his weakness definitely but I'd say he's improved a lot in this aspect from 2011 and onwards. He handles those balls quite well nowadays when he's on form I think.

Rambling a bit but I can't understand why those who dislike Nadal admire Djokovic when he's even more obnoxious personally and his game style has become reliant on movement, defence and fitness. Maybe those have such a dislike towards Nadal that they're just happy Djokovic is beating him :)

We just have to disagree on that... and as for defense, Djokovic does indeed have great defense but I'd say if you check his matches throughout the year, he consistently hits more winners than Nadal. His changes of direction from CC to DTL from both sides is awesome.

HeretiC
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Nah, he wasn't, he was mixing it with lawnmowers. :lol:

Hewitt was great in the first, he didn't miss anything and for a while was doing to Novak what he's usually doing to others, great defense, smart shot selection, aggressive when the opportunity is there. Novak choked for a bit while serving at 5-3 in the second but stayed positive and waited for his chance to break. After that it was like a different match. It's funny that he broke Roddick's serve 4 times yesterday but struggled for a while with Hewitt's serving.

Roddick serve was brute force, and that is why now when he lost few km/h it is easier to catch, on the other hand Hewitt never had much pop in his serves, but he had(stil has) extremely accurate placement. Plus quite unreadable (identical body movement on serve) and there you go.

so lucky boy this Nole with being born in right time. Imagine what would peak version of rusty done to him

Break his spine wrong-footing him?:devil: He did it so many times today.
Lets not exaggerate, Djokovic is better player than Hewitt was, but he would have had his moments and wins for sure.

hiperborejac
08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Good win for Nole. Hewitt played great till 4:3 in 2nd set, didn't allow any chance to Novak, think he lost only 1 or 2 points on serve. Novak suffered a lot with his movement and while he is serving a lot better since RG he lost his movement and ground stroke precision and pace as well. Another thing is that he sucked greatly in the net - much worse then at Wimbly - guess it another thing connected with his movement.

Burrow
08-01-2012, 06:07 PM
That's his weakness definitely but I'd say he's improved a lot in this aspect from 2011 and onwards. He handles those balls quite well nowadays when he's on form I think.

We just have to disagree on that... and as for defense, Djokovic does indeed have great defense but I'd say if you check his matches throughout the year, he consistently hits more winners than Nadal. His changes of direction from CC to DTL from both sides is awesome.

Can't see any considerable difference. Of course he can handle those balls well when he's playing his best. Any top level player can do almost anything when they're playing their best.

Doesn't mean that he doesn't rely on movement, defence and fitness massively. I don't think there's a massive difference in winners hit, though he's almost certainly besting Nadal in that category. He doesn't have the ability to hit clean winners regularly from the baseline whilst both players are in neutral positions like the likes of Federer, Tsonga and Berdych can. His winners often come from positions where his opponent is out of position. I don't understand why people think he's got as good a defence as Nadal and an immensely better attack. I think in 2011 his fitness, movement and thus defensive ability improved so much that consequently he became ridiculously confident after an excellent start to the year and this was good enough to win most of the matches he did, especially with the state of the courts. It's also a lot easier to start smacking winners and playing aggressively in matches that are a foregone conclusion, where opponents are already accepting defeat as soon as they step on the court which happened countless times last year. It's been the same with Nadal for many years. I think that's the crucial difference in the styles of Djokovic, Nadal and Federer. The former allow the opponent to dictate the pace of the match if they wish, whereas with Federer it's always going to be up to him.

rocketassist
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
LOL Hewitt playing at his best in 1st set.And Fed did play in the weakest era in the last 20 years

If you think that first set was Hewitt's 'best ever' tennis, then LSD's easy to get hold of nowadays.

juan27
08-01-2012, 07:20 PM

jaja yes , if a 31 years old man is again nº1 against 25 years old guys in the top , it`s weak!!!!

even more if the nº2 was forced to the limits against a semi-retired hewitt and the nº4 suffering against a fat baghdatis and very far of his best level too or the nº100 defeating the former nº2 in that time.

hewitt playing his best tennis?? jajajajajajaja , the tennis not started in 2011 eh!!! in his best years hewitt would win this match and his physicall condition was the best in the tour , now is movement is very far of his peak physicall condition , hewitt was a physicall beast too.

Hian-GOAT
08-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Some of the trolls here

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5nz9fshcS1rybdyvo1_250.gif

TBkeeper
08-01-2012, 07:39 PM
this only shows that this is indeed MUG era ... old injured burnt out rusty playing equally with the so called Ga*ovic ranked 2 in this MUG era is indeed showing that Federers oponents were far better than todays opponents MUG era
BTW hian again without words ...

Satasonic
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Ive watched the match, and it was indeed a great match. I dont like Hewitt, but he gave a great performance in the first 2 sets. The first set was total domination from the baseline, Djokovic was clueless as to what to do, Hewitt was all over him. The second set was muggy from both sides, but Novak broke hewitt after some good play. The third set was nothing special from Novak too, but more of Hewitt getting much more tired and unable to rally from the baseline.

Matt01
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM

:superlol:

juan27
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
:superlol:

Hewitt was a tremendous player in his prime, he had a great record vs Safin, Agassi, Sampras (Sampras still somewhat in his prime struggled big time against 18-year old Hewitt) and at the end of 2003 was 7-2 against Federer, Hewitt has also beaten Nadal a few times despite being past his prime, give the guy some credit........

lleyton in his peak had amazing speed , stamina , mental strenght and shotmaker!!!

agassi said about him that he was the best in seleccion shots and sampras said that he had the perfect tennis style against serve and volley.

hewitt in 2002 was a really machine , you should see the match against federer in masters cup 2002 or davis cup in 2003 , that federer was not in his peak but he played really good or the final against sampras in the us open.

look this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIiP5Hw_Pq0&feature=related

much better player than murray for me

Matt01
08-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Hewitt was a tremendous player in his prime, he had a great record vs Safin, Agassi, Sampras (Sampras still somewhat in his prime struggled big time against 18-year old Hewitt) and at the end of 2003 was 7-2 against Federer, Hewitt has also beaten Nadal a few times despite being past his prime, give the guy some credit........

I'm giving him some credit...he was a good player in his prime. But how long did that "prime" last? What happened to him after his 2 years on top? Only injuries or was it something else?

Nole fan
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
These fedtards might have hit their heads through the roof after watching olderer win his 17th slam, they just got muggier. MTF same old, same old, but more boring than ever. :rolleyes:

Andi-M
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Very suprising result - In that it went 3 sets. Good on Llegs for putting up some resistance.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
08-01-2012, 10:23 PM
i think its offical

peak hewitt> peak nadal>>> peak djokovic

Burrow
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM

lleyton in his peak had amazing speed , stamina , mental strenght and shotmaker!!!

agassi said about him that he was the best in seleccion shots and sampras said that he had the perfect tennis style against serve and volley.

hewitt in 2002 was a really machine , you should see the match against federer in masters cup 2002 or davis cup in 2003 , that federer was not in his peak but he played really good or the final against sampras in the us open.

look this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIiP5Hw_Pq0&feature=related

much better player than murray for me

No he didn't. 2005 and prior, he had a 6-5 losing record to Safin and a 6-3 losing record in significant matches.

And he has a 4-4 record against Agassi, 3-2 losing record in significant matches.

He did play well against Sampras though, even in his losing efforts. Really looked like he should have beaten Sampras at Queens in '99, used to have that match downloaded. Unbelievable returns and I still think he has the best footwork I have ever seen.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
if hewitt played in the 90s he would have ***** shampras

he owned pete so badly
he was the worst possible matchup for serve and volleyers

i mean... nadal's RoS is shit so he would suck on a real fast court

but hewitt was a genius

should be in the hall of fame really

Chase Visa
08-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Disappointed he wasn't able to bring it home, but I'm proud of Hewitt.

Brick Top
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Two of my favs, it was really pleasant match from Lleyton the guy who introduced me to tennis, his footwork, unpredictable shots and serving was excellent in first two sets, really reminded me of some of his best days.

Acer
08-02-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm giving him some credit...he was a good player in his prime. But how long did that "prime" last? What happened to him after his 2 years on top? Only injuries or was it something else?

Federer happened. Most people think Lleyton's prime was the two years he was on top, whereas he actually played some of his best tennis between 2003 and 2005, he just kept getting stopped in semis and finals by Roger. Then the injuries happened.

rocketassist
08-02-2012, 01:21 AM

August 2001-2005 were his peak years, but 2002 and 2004 were the ones he played his best stuff in.

What you saw in the first set today he was faster, quicker, more powerful and mentally stronger back then.

And he did suffer a lot of injuries and burnout. I've seen some shite on here saying Del Potro is better than him, well ask JMDP who his hero is and why.

Ben.
08-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Really enjoyed this match. Was great to see Hewitt playing so well, serving and moving great. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the rest of the year.

Lazyking
08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
if hewitt stays healthy and motivated no reason he can't be back in top 50.. Alot of old guys are doing it nowadays.. I really hope so cause he's quite a fighter.

Geo
08-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Hewitt played really well in the first 2 sets. While I'm not a fan, it's good to have him back if he can start playing like this all time. He really should be still top 15.

Chip & Charge
08-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Great effort from Lleyton but Djokovic's class came through in the end. After a final in Newport and good showing here I hope Hewitt can stay injury-free and have a good hard court season

cutesteve22
08-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Lleyton :worship:

Nole fan
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Hewitt will be highly missed when he retires, much more than Federer. :sad:

Nidhogg
08-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Inspired play from Llegs. Great to see. Too good from Djokovic in the end who really has his serve working well right now.

juan27
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
hewitt for me was very similar to murray but with much more balls and mental strenght....

he had a great speed , stammina and shotmaker like andy but his mental strenght and balls was by far much better.

hewitt was a great player , some of his h2h are:

Hewitt 5-4 Sampras
Hewitt 9-1 Henman
Hewitt 3-1 Rafter
Hewitt 3-0 Ivanišević
Hewitt 3-1 Philippoussis
Hewitt 4-3 Rusedski

all greats serve and volley players!!!

7-7 with peak safin and roddick or 4-4 against agassi

Lopez
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Hewitt will be highly missed when he retires, much more than Federer. :sad:

Oh come on, stop trolling :lol:. Just because you don't enjoy some of the Fedtrolls, don't become as bad :p. Though I understand if you're trying to do the Corey Feldman -type jokes, you just don't do them as well as he :p

Shinoj
08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Hewitt is a Gutsy Old Man on Tour. Total Respect.