Washington R1: [3] Anderson def. Zopp 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Washington R1: [3] Anderson def. Zopp 6-3 6-2

Freak3yman84
08-01-2012, 03:41 AM
I was expecting more of a fight from Zopp. Oh well. Serra is next for Anderson.

JamieMU30
08-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Jurgen...tough first round...always unlucky with drawing seeded players in the first round :sad:

Javier Bardem
08-01-2012, 04:29 AM
I saw this match along with like 10 other ppl lol. Jurgen really impressed me in that first set, he let that one break get away but he was coming up with some special stuff on the baseline. This was fight time i saw him play and literally every point he won on Anderson's serve ended up being a winner, Anderson just wasn't giving him anything. Jurgen's level dropped big time in the second set, both of his groundies are dangerous, his backhand dtl was lethal. Anderson was just really solid, i'll be really surprised if he loses to Serra.

MariaV
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I saw this match along with like 10 other ppl lol. Jurgen really impressed me in that first set, he let that one break get away but he was coming up with some special stuff on the baseline. This was fight time i saw him play and literally every point he won on Anderson's serve ended up being a winner, Anderson just wasn't giving him anything. Jurgen's level dropped big time in the second set, both of his groundies are dangerous, his backhand dtl was lethal. Anderson was just really solid, i'll be really surprised if he loses to Serra.

Thanks for the report! :hatoff:

JamieMU30
08-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for that report :smile: That is very encouraging to know that Jurgen was playing well. It sucks that he drew a serve-bot in the first round. Not much you can do when someone is serving bombs from a tree. Hopefully, he will do well in Qualies in Toronto and qualify for the MD there...Really happy to hear those positive comments about Jurgen's playing though:wavey:

Julián Santiago
08-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Oh ZOpp, i hope yuo will defeat this boring serve bot :zzz: