Washington R1: Malisse def. Mathieu 4-6 6-2 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Washington R1: Malisse def. Mathieu 4-6 6-2 6-1

Freak3yman84
08-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Another crazy scoreline from the X-Man. Winnable next round against Chardy.

The Prince
08-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Paulo :sad:

Well done X-Man.

Javier Bardem
08-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Malisse was serving pretty awful at points and the only reason he lost that first set was because he had a few doubles serving at 4-5 and doubled on bp. After that double he was gonna smash his racket but held back and I was like oh wow, then once he sits down he takes this big waterbottle and throws it onto the ground next to his chair and it blows up right next to Steve Uhlrich and all the ball boys had to towel up the mess. Malisse is a funny guy though, I was sitting right next to his coach and whoever else it was and he looks over and is like I'm serving really well today aren't I. PHM was a completely different played after a small rain delay I think like 2-1 second set but really Malisse had this match controlled and let PHM back into it in the first

tuek
08-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Malisse was serving pretty awful at points and the only reason he lost that first set was because he had a few doubles serving at 4-5 and doubled on bp. After that double he was gonna smash his racket but held back and I was like oh wow, then once he sits down he takes this big waterbottle and throws it onto the ground next to his chair and it blows up right next to Steve Uhlrich and all the ball boys had to towel up the mess. Malisse is a funny guy though, I was sitting right next to his coach and whoever else it was and he looks over and is like I'm serving really well today aren't I. PHM was a completely different played after a small rain delay I think like 2-1 second set but really Malisse had this match controlled and let PHM back into it in the first

:lol: No Malisse match is complete without something like this. Good recovery, he can rack up some points here hopefully. Thanks for the report!

Mateya
08-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Paulo :hug:

Great start, but a strange end of the match.
Will he play Toronto and Cincinatti? ALLEZ! :rocker2: