Olympics R16 WWW: David Ferrer (Spain) vs Kei Nishikori (Japan) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics R16 WWW: David Ferrer (Spain) vs Kei Nishikori (Japan)

Mark Lenders
07-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Come on Kei.

Some more of this please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NFfSwKu9pw

pusher for life
07-31-2012, 08:04 PM
i dont like kei to be honest but i hope he'll crush the vulture

Mark Lenders
07-31-2012, 08:05 PM

Fair enough.

You don't like Kei, but you like tennis. That's good :)

Chris Kuerten
07-31-2012, 08:05 PM
Nishikiddy will be forced into harakiri by the mighty Pics.

ogbg
07-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Ferrer

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Kei this is ur chance at immortality

henke007
07-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Great grass lord Ferrer in str8s

IOFH
07-31-2012, 08:13 PM
The Spartan Overlord to show his unparalleled mental fortitude in the face of an overwhelmingly superior opponent, overcome all the odds and somehow scrape through a titanic battle for the ages.

6-3 6-4

Moozza
07-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Ferrer will win. It's what he does.

Sophitia36
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Fair enough.

You don't like Kei, but you like tennis. That's good :)

Or you could reformulate: "You hate Ferrer. That's good." :rolleyes:

I think Ferru will win. Should be a little more interesting than the previous two, though... And in a way, that's good, because going from really easy matches to a match against Federer would be too much of a shock...

Travod
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Nishikori has no chance :sad:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2m849l0.jpg

Federer in 2
07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Ferrer in 2.

emotion
07-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Could be close. I think Ferrer in 3

Sombrerero loco
07-31-2012, 08:36 PM
ferrer should win this but its grass so who knows...

Orka_n
07-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Fair enough.

You don't like Kei, but you like tennis. That's good :)Shut up for once in your life.

David to take Kei out in straights.

The Prince
07-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Ferrer in 2, easy.

Mark Lenders
07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Or you could reformulate: "You hate Ferrer. That's good." :rolleyes:

I think Ferru will win. Should be a little more interesting than the previous two, though... And in a way, that's good, because going from really easy matches to a match against Federer would be too much of a shock...

No, if that's what I meant, that's what I'd have written.

Ferrer will win. It's what he does in Mickey Mouse tournaments of 500 category and below

Fixed for accuracy.

Nole Rules
07-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Hopefully Samurai Kei saves tennis and the Olympics.

Andi-M
07-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Ferrer is a master at winning matches he is supposed to win. Pics in straights.

MuzzahLovah
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
You still don't know how to make a poll?

Moozza
07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
You still don't know how to make a poll?

Lenders is just scared of the poll results showing how superior Ferrer is.

Mark Lenders
07-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Hopefully Samurai Kei saves tennis and the Olympics.

The only sensible post in this thread so far.

Come on Kei, do it for tennis and the Olympics.

Gotta spread some reputation around before giving it to Nole Rules again :p

The Prince
07-31-2012, 11:17 PM

Gotta spread some reputation around before giving it to Nole Rules again :p

I genuinely laughed out loud there!

Orange Wombat
07-31-2012, 11:42 PM
I hope Kei can win and finally make a breakthrough, but I doubt it. He's still playing so messy.

Ferrer in 2 routine sets.

Ferrer was pushing so bad against Kavcic, he only hit 28 winners and only won 20 out of his 24 points at net.

Nole Rules
07-31-2012, 11:51 PM

Kei is the more enjoyable player to watch and the more naturally talented player. A great shotmaker who doesn't run like a mad dog every point in order to win his matches.

Imagine Ferrer with a medal? :tape: That would be a nightmare. He would be the 1st talentless valture to win an Olympic medal and that's on freaking grass!

Save tennis & the olympics Samurai Kei.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Kei is the more enjoyable player to watch and the more naturally talented player. A great shotmaker who doesn't run like a mad dog every point in order to win his matches.

Imagine Ferrer with a medal? :tape: That would be a nightmare. He would be the 1st talentless valture to win an Olympic medal and that's on freaking grass!

Save tennis & the olympics Samurai Kei.

True. Not only is he more talented and enjoyable to watch, he also at least actually displays some real passion on court. He's the opposite of Ferrer, who plays every match and grinds every point as if tennis were only a job, as if he was still working construction :zzz: It's just utterly boring watching this mug trying to imitate a wall on court, I wonder how he can have any fans (apart from Federer fans who love that he never fails to bring in the lube when he's facing Fed).

Let's not even think about that (Ferrer with a medal); if there's any justice, someone will stop him, ideally Kei tomorrow.

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Stop being such an attention whore, Lenders. What is wrong with you.

Thunderfish8
08-01-2012, 12:26 AM

i'm getting pretty sick and fucking tired of this vulture bullshit

if you joined this forum to troll it, please kindly leave

it's a miracle its taken you this long to develop an overall bad reputation

david ferrer is one of the nicest and hardest working players on the tour and in case you haven't noticed you are pretty much the only guy on this forum to show such distaste towards a player who deserves to be where he is right now
the same could be said for juan monaco who you took the liberty of insulting by opening the match thread for his loss to lopez

i am at a loss of words right now

:shout: this is really the only way i can describe what your posts mean to people like me who care about the players that work hard and have great personalities

Chase Visa
08-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Vulturer in straights.

Thunderfish8

:worship::worship::worship:

why can't more people be like you?

Looner
Hoping for a Kei win, so he can contest the bronze against Djokovic when Roger beats him in the SF :). Also, keep trolling, Manuel, I've got too many warnings to continue in my current form :).

Jimnik
08-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Please Nishi. Tennis has never needed you more.

Travod
What's the best Nishikori has ever done?

Guess I could Google that, but while I do, summary? xD

Mark Lenders

That's a bit rich coming from you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who's gone on about how MTF is a horrible forum and how you don't like it here/posters are terrible, etc... on more than one occasion? Not to mention how I'm an attention whore? Surely you have better things to do with your night than being on a forum you don't like and feeding an attention whore (your words) whose posts you claim to despise.

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Vamos Pics. :rocker2:
Never mind if he loses this match, I like Kei as well. :)

Blue Heart24
08-01-2012, 12:34 AM
True. Not only is he more talented and enjoyable to watch, he also at least actually displays some real passion on court. He's the opposite of Ferrer, who plays every match and grinds every point as if tennis were only a job, as if he was still working construction :zzz: It's just utterly boring watching this mug trying to imitate a wall on court, I wonder how he can have any fans (apart from Federer fans who love that he never fails to bring in the lube when he's facing Fed).

Let's not even think about that (Ferrer with a medal); if there's any justice, someone will stop him, ideally Kei tomorrow.

Ferrer isnt going away.He will win tomorrow,he will continue winning tournaments,going deep in Slams and being a strong member of top 10.You can whine and speak shit about him,but Ferrer is one of the best outside of top 3.Great warrior on court,and an incredibly hard working guy with amazing consistency and elite footwork and speed. :yeah:

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Hoping for a Kei win, so he can contest the bronze against Djokovic when Roger beats him in the SF :). Also, keep trolling, Manuel, I've got too many warnings to continue in my current form :).

Face it man, you just want someone to take out Ferrer because you know Federer isn't up to the task :p

And I have no idea what's this trolling thing you're talking about, I'd never do such thing :angel:

Please Nishi. Tennis has never needed you more.

I can't good rep you enough :D

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Face it man, you just want someone to take out Ferrer because you know Federer isn't up to the task :p

And I have no idea what's this trolling thing you're talking about, I'd never do such thing :angel:

Well after your EPIC "Berdych will win the Olympics"-thread, I'd indeed say you know your bit of trollage. :worship: :worship: :worship:
A good one it was, btw. :p :D

leng jai
08-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Kei for gold.

redshift36188
Let's go Kei, put the vulture away!

Nishi to win in 3.

Ferrer isnt going away.He will win tomorrow,he will continue winning tournaments,going deep in Slams and being a strong member of top 10.You can whine and speak shit about him,but Ferrer is one of the best outside of top 3.Great warrior on court,and an incredibly hard working guy with amazing consistency and elite footwork and speed. :yeah:
True, but he is weaponless. He is boring to watch, that's all. He seems to be a very nice person though, I like his character.

Freak3yman84
Come Kei get it done! This would really help me out in FITD :rocker2:

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 12:40 AM

Aren't you a bit overconfident. He's, what, 30? Grinding every point has an expiry date, forutnately. Flukerrer's days in the top 10 are almost numbered, this will probably be his last good season.

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 12:42 AM
That's a bit rich coming from you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who's gone on about how MTF is a horrible forum and how you don't like it here/posters are terrible, etc... on more than one occasion? Not to mention how I'm an attention whore? Surely you have better things to do with your night than being on a forum you don't like and feeding an attention whore (your words) whose posts you claim to despise.The forum has gotten progressively worse since I joined here and that fact gets to me sometimes. Still, I am bored, this is why I am still posting here (for the time being).

However there is no doubt that you are a much bigger attention whore than me, you who pretend to be a serious and objective poster yet cannot resist making loads of retarded trolling posts whenever Ferrer's name is mentioned. Grow up.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Kei for gold.

:yeah:

Well after your EPIC "Berdych will win the Olympics"-thread, I'd indeed say you know your bit of trollage. :worship: :worship: :worship:
A good one it was, btw. :p :D

:p Glad you liked it.

I'll update it tomorrow after Tomas finishes his doubles match (currently 18-18 in the third).

Blue Heart24
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Aren't you a bit overconfident. He's, what, 30? Grinding every point has an expiry date, forutnately. Flukerrer's days in the top 10 are almost numbered, this will probably be his last good season.

Well,a season or two more is good enough isn't it,of course he can't keep it up 4-5 years,no one can at that age.I can imagine you gloating because a 32 year old player is declining.:lol:

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 12:49 AM
The forum has gotten progressively worse since I joined here and that fact gets to me sometimes. Still, I am bored, this is why I am still posting here (for the time being).

However there is no doubt that you are a much bigger attention whore than me, you who pretend to be a serious and objective poster yet cannot resist making loads of retarded trolling posts whenever Ferrer's name is mentioned. Grow up.

When did I ever pretend to be a serious objective poster? If that's what you think of me, you've got the totally wrong impression I must say. I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I do have too much time in my hands for sure :p I do like talking tennis and sometimes engage in objective discussions, but a lot of my posts are clearly not meant to be taken overly seriously, as some more astute members here have long realized.

Just relax man, MTF will be a far better experience if you don't take every post too seriously.

sylacauga
08-01-2012, 12:51 AM

THIS. :)

Ferrer isn't going anywhere. At the age of 30, he is having one of his best seasons ever. He is tied with Fed for the most titles on tour and has made at least the QF of every slam so far this year. Let the pressed haters continue to smack their gums. Pics is letting his tennis do the talking.

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 12:55 AM
The forum has gotten progressively worse since I joined here and that fact gets to me sometimes. Still, I am bored, this is why I am still posting here (for the time being).

Joachim, couldn't goodrep you again, hope you're doing fine. :hug:

But hey, Mr. Lenders is just a massive troll, and not the worst who escaped from the asylum lately - all in good fun as much as I'm concerned.

His Ferrer-hate matches Sapeod's Murray-worship indeed. They are in the same category of top-notch trollage without calling infantile names and the like. Me appreciates. ;)

leng jai
08-01-2012, 01:00 AM
THIS. :)

Ferrer isn't going anywhere. At the age of 30, he is having one of his best seasons ever. He is tied with Fed for the most titles on tour and has made at least the QF of every slam so far this year. Let the pressed haters continue to smack their gums. Pics is letting his tennis do the talking.

Auckland, Buenos Aires, Acapulco, Bastad, Hertogenbosch

Vs

Rotterdam, Dubai, Indian Wells, Madrid, Wimbledon

Apt comparison indeed.

nick the greek
08-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Ferru will take this, more quality and much more experience.

sylacauga
08-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Auckland, Buenos Aires, Acapulco, Bastad, Hertogenbosch

Vs

Rotterdam, Dubai, Indian Wells, Madrid, Wimbledon

Apt comparison indeed.

Um, in no way did I compare the level of their titles only the quantity which is a fact. Regardless, they are at least ATP 250 titles which still shows great consistency.

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 01:13 AM
When did I ever pretend to be a serious objective poster? If that's what you think of me, you've got the totally wrong impression I must say. I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I do have too much time in my hands for sure :p I do like talking tennis and sometimes engage in objective discussions, but a lot of my posts are clearly not meant to be taken overly seriously, as some more astute members here have long realized.

Just relax man, MTF will be a far better experience if you don't take every post too seriously.First off, don't tell me how to read MTF. Secondly, you're talking bullshit. You love being regarded as a knowledgeable and sensible poster by some, just admit it.

And of course I don't take every post here seriously. If I did that then I would probably go insane. In your case however I have to confess you annoy me and I just have no respect for you.
Joachim, couldn't goodrep you again, hope you're doing fine. :hug:

But hey, Mr. Lenders is just a massive troll, and not the worst who escaped from the asylum lately - all in good fun as much as I'm concerned.

His Ferrer-hate matches Sapeod's Murray-worship indeed. They are in the same category of top-notch trollage without calling infantile names and the like. Me appreciates. ;)You appreciate that, really? Wow Karin, we're not on the same page at all here then.

leng jai
08-01-2012, 01:15 AM
I wasn't aware there was a level of tournament worse than 250 that top 50 players should be playing. I was just amused at your comparison with Federer's 5 titles.

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
First off, don't tell me how to read MTF. Secondly, you're talking bullshit. You love being regarded as a knowledgeable and sensible poster by some, just admit it.

And of course I don't take every post here seriously. If I did that then I would probably go insane. In your case however I have to confess you annoy me and I just have no respect for you.
You appreciate that, really? Wow Karin, we're not on the same page at all here then.

Perhaps I've just become rather soft-minded lately, I dunno.
No probs eh. ;)

Might be because I've been away and have had quite a bit more serious matters to deal with than MTF-garbage lately as well. :p

dazed1
08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Pics in 2.

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 01:18 AM
No probs eh. ;)

Might be because I've been away and have had quite a bit more serious matters to deal with than MTF-garbage lately as well. :pYeh, guess so. All the best to you with everything, Karin.

leng jai
08-01-2012, 01:18 AM
No probs eh. ;)

Might be because I've been away and have had quite a bit more serious matters to deal with than MTF-garbage lately as well. :p

It's more like you empathise with your fellow trolling brethren.

Sunset of Age
08-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeh, guess so. All the best to you with everything, Karin.

:hug: thanks!

It's more like you empathise with your fellow trolling brethren.

:lol: :p

Okay, seriously now, I hope to see some nice tennis matches tomorrow.
No RAIN please. And Vamos, Pics.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 01:23 AM
First off, don't tell me how to read MTF. Secondly, you're talking bullshit. You love being regarded as a knowledgeable and sensible poster by some, just admit it.

I'm not telling you how to read MTF, just a friendly suggestion really. And no, I don't care how people regard me; I'm not on MTF to win any popularity contests, just to talk tennis and of course have a good time/avoid boredom at times. If some people regard me as knowledgeable and sensible, well good I guess.

I'm very sorry that I annoy you and don't garner your respect, it was definitely not my intention. Do hope you change your mind somewhere along the line, but if not, oh well. Guess I can't count on you to show me around if I'm ever in Stockholm eh :lol:?

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm not telling you how to read MTF, just a friendly suggestion really. And no, I don't care how people regard me; I'm not on MTF to win any popularity contests, just to talk tennis and of course have a good time/avoid boredom at times. If some people regard me as knowledgeable and sensible, well good I guess.

I'm very sorry that I annoy you and don't garner your respect, it was definitely not my intention. Do hope you change your mind somewhere along the line, but if not, oh well. Guess I can't count on you to show me around if I'm ever in Stockholm eh :lol:?I frequently change my opinion on posters who improve their posts and cut down somewhat on the trolling (topspindoctor is one example, Burrow another). But you're right, you'd have to find another guide if you ever visited Sweden.

Nole Rules
08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Funny that the same posters who hate Nadal's tennis are Ferrer fans. :lol: Nadal's tennis is magic compared to Ferrer's dull tennis.

Mark Lenders
08-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Funny that the same posters who hate Nadal's tennis are Ferrer fans. :lol: Nadal's tennis is magic compared to Ferrer's dull tennis.

Nadal 18-10 Federer (8-2 in Slams, 6-2 in Slam finals)

Federer 13-0 Ferrer (Ferrer won 3 sets overall)

Think of who has the most fans on this forum and then do the Math :o

It's not about style of play; if people enjoyed grinding, Simon would be a popular player here too.

Orka_n
08-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Nadal 18-10 Federer (8-2 in Slams, 6-2 in Slam finals)

Federer 13-0 Ferrer (Ferrer won 3 sets overall)

Think of who has the most fans on this forum and then do the Math :o

It's not about style of play; if people enjoyed grinding, Simon would be a popular player here too.It's about their personalities and not their record against Federer, Einstein.

There are loads of reasons to dislike Nadal including poor sportsmanship, whining on and off court, annoying on-court antics and ugly technique. These things do not apply to Ferrer.

(And since you asked, I kind of like Simon as well.)

dazed1
08-01-2012, 02:27 AM

Ferrer is not boring and defensive moon balling pusher, he often dictates the rhythm and play tennis different (somewhat attacking) then many players which come from Spain, (defensive) Ferrer also have manners on court, and its not bitter loser, end.

Arkulari
08-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Vamos Ferru, routine this guy please!! :)

Absolute Anthropoid
08-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Nishikori def. Ferrer 7-6(2) 6-4

Freak3yman84
08-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Nishikori def. Ferrer 7-6(2) 6-4

Make. This. Happen!

Lazyking
08-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Ferrer in 3

LaFuria
08-01-2012, 05:25 AM

Ferrer is actually aggressive for a guy with no real weapons besides consistent groundstrokes. He's a classic defensive baseliner but he dictates the tempo when he can especially against mugs.

Plus he doesn't have the disgusting level of gamesmanship that most of the Spanish pushers have.

It's not exactly a joy to watch but in this era of athletic freaks who barely know who to play the game it's important to have a guy like Ferrer around to separate the real players from the pretenders.

Andy1402
08-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Why so much hate for ferrer on this forum? I personally think that he is an average player who has boosted his quality and rankings through sheer hard work. He does not have massive talent like federer or nadal, but he has put in enough efforts to compete with the big boys.
Surely that is something to be praised and not mocked.

Freak3yman84
08-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Why so much hate for ferrer on this forum? I personally think that he is an average player who has boosted his quality and rankings through sheer hard work. He does not have massive talent like federer or nadal, but he has put in enough efforts to compete with the big boys.
Surely that is something to be praised and not mocked.

There are reasons to dislike Ferrer and to like Ferrer. Personally, I could care less. He is just another player to me.

Chip & Charge
08-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Come on Kei! Hoping he catches Ferrer cold as he has only faced Pospisil and Kavcic so far

Whiznot
08-01-2012, 06:52 AM

Ferrer is a tough little SOB who fights like hell and never whines. David exhibits a strength of character that Nadal lacks. Also, Ferrer has kicked Nadal's butt in the same number of slams as Federer, US Open and Aussie.

Chris Kuerten
08-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Surely that is something to be praised and not mocked.There wasn't any Ferrer hate going on last year, so that must mean he is having his career best year :lol:

And don't try to post the reality, Ferrer being an attacking player, because that will get ignored.

Andy1402
08-01-2012, 08:44 AM
There wasn't any Ferrer hate going on last year, so that must mean he is having his career best year :lol:

And don't try to post the reality, Ferrer being an attacking player, because that will get ignored.

Yep. He is quite aggressive against lower ranked players, where he can dictate terms. The top guns put him on the backfoot and this forces him to play defensive tennis.
I like ferrer for his never-say-die attitude and non-whining nature (unlike nadal, whose gamesmanship is getting worse as he is losing).

Time Violation
08-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Great grass lord Ferrer in str8s

This~