Olympics R2 Nole double bagels Roddick 6-2 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics R2 Nole double bagels Roddick 6-2 6-1

henke007
07-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Nole 2.0, awesome returns and great Fh and serve. Final here we come.

nole_no1
Walk in the park :sport:

rinnegan
Phenomenal :worship:

Johnny Groove
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
This was bad. A real spanking.

AntiTennis
cakedraw :o...:sport:

Looner
:sad:. Bad for the game.

shadows
07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Looks scary for GB with the Serbian baker making an appearance early on against a potentially tricky opponent.

tennizen
People thinking this would be a competitive match. :spit:

EddieNero
Utter beatdown. I feel really sorry for Rod, he didn't deserve such a bitch slap considering it might have been his last Wimbledon appearance.

Federer in 2
Worst roddick performance on grass in his entire career.

The sooner Novak loses, the better for Tennis.

tennisfan856
a good reality check for andy to let him know that even with the atlanta title, he is irrelevant against the big boys.

sexybeast
07-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Djokovic could do nothing wrong in this match, really good showdown.

Lets see if Tsonga can beat Raonic, it would be a great QF between them. Murray-Djokovic would be epic aswell.

Geo
07-31-2012, 03:20 PM
:dance: always good to see Roddick getting trashed. All the commentators claiming he's getting mojo back after winning those near-challenger level field events can chew on this :lol: That attitude Roddick showed the other day against Keothavong...good riddance to this brat. Glad Djokovic put Roddick in his place today.

Burrow
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
That was embarrassing from Roddick. Needless to say, his best days are long gone. A combination of his serve leaving him, playing passively for 7 years and slowing down with age. He doesn't look happy out there and he doesn't seem like the sort of guy that will be happy with making up the numbers and fighting it out in 250 events.

Slade
07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
'Dick :facepalm:

LaFuria
Nothing like seeing Roddick get destroyed.

The American commentators were a riot though. They were calling Mugdick "former world number 1" while Nole was "world number 2" for them. :lol:

Corey Feldman
could Nole stop with the annoying wide eye before returning thing he is doing thesedays

faking that he cant see well or something

result dedicated to tang dream

The Prince
Roddick played high risk, and nothing went in Djoker's serve. He then reverted to pushing and got truly spanked in the second set.

Fireballer
Even a rigged draw cant stop the Djoker.Fed's draw is a joke.But then again so was his Wimbledon win this year

Time Violation
07-31-2012, 03:23 PM
could Nole stop with the annoying wide eye before returning thing he is doing thesedays

Lol, he's wearing contacts you git

cakedraw :o...:sport:

Easy to say now, after the match with Fog was over, many fancied Roddick's chances today :)

IOFH
Nieminen > Roddick today :facepalm:

Fireballer

result dedicated to tang dream

he has contact lenses

tripwires
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Awful performance from Andy. Super gutted by his shit performance.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

SheepleBuster
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
They should. Mrs. Decker is getting progressively worse looking. Time to look for a new supermodel for the Duck :shrug:

Well, I disagree. Roddick is a bald American who can't play tennis anymore. Brooklyn can't act but still.

Alex999
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
54 minutes. Nole too good. Andy was just .... Nole's ROS was just amazing. everything was clicking. and please, guys, when you say stuff like this is bad for tennis, I want to puke, honestly. what are you talking about? It seems to me that some Fed fans are really being malicious and not objective at all, but whatever. Nole won fair and square.

Corey Feldman
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
also dedicated to those Nole fans who were crying about the tough draw ;)

Roddick was only good when he played in Fed's stronger era

Looner
07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
54 minutes. Nole too good. Andy was just .... Nole's ROS was just amazing. everything was clicking. and please, guys, when you say stuff like this is bad for tennis, I want to puke, honestly. what are you talking about? It seems to me that some Fed fans are really being malicious and not objective at all, but whatever. Nole won fair and square.

But it is bad for the game :sad:. Roddick being so crap, I mean ;).

Mercury
What a beat down... Roddick looked so bad while Nole couldn't do anything wrong. Too bad, I was hoping Roddick will at least challenge Djoko :(

SheepleBuster
Even a rigged draw cant stop the Djoker.Fed's draw is a joke.But then again so was his Wimbledon win this year

Will you just shut up? Roger did beat Murray at Wimbledon, no? He did beat Nole at Wimbledon, no? It was not an easy draw. Here is not a rigged draw. Falla Beaneteau and Isner have all given Roger trouble. Just because you think it is easy, it is not. And Roger is 31 years old. He is going to have to play a lot of matches in 7 days. If he wins it, he deserves it. Stop playing the joke draw card.

Freak3yman84
Well, I disagree. Roddick is a bald American who can't play tennis anymore. Brooklyn can't act but still.

True, but Roddick being super rich makes him able to get a "new" young model to marry :lol:

Fujee
07-31-2012, 03:27 PM
stuffed duck anyone?

Corey Feldman
he has contact lenseswell why isnt he wearing Navratilova spectacles

ZaZoo)
easy peasy! :cool:

haters :wavey:

cardio
Weird thing : I did put money on Djokovic outright, I declared that nowadays he is superior of Federer on every surface - and I got lot of beating from fedtards because of it - and I still found his wins annoying... Go figure

EliSter

Good u mentioned that, this mug was main Olderer rival :lol:

Corey Feldman
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Good u mentioned that, this mug was main Olderer rival :lol:yeah but 10,000 x better than he is now

was a time he had a serve and a FH

Mechlan
Djokovic looked quite good out there. Roddick doesn't move nearly well enough to hang with Novak from the baseline, so if the serve isn't clicking, this is going to be a straight sets win for Djokovic. That said, still a little surprised at how much of a beatdown it was.

MinioNole
So what happened to Nole's supposedly worse matchup?! lol. Always nice to see Roddick suffering a beatdown

Fireballer
Will you just shut up? Roger did beat Murray at Wimbledon, no? He did beat Nole at Wimbledon, no? It was not an easy draw. Here is not a rigged draw. Falla Beaneteau and Isner have all given Roger trouble. Just because you think it is easy, it is not. And Roger is 31 years old. He is going to have to play a lot of matches in 7 days. If he wins it, he deserves it. Stop playing the joke draw card.

It is a joke draw.Every good player is in Djoker's half......Every good player.Not 1 good player is in his half.Rigger draw and he still wont win it.Rafa needs to come back to restore order a bit

juan27
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM

fognini and semiretired roddick rigged draw????

ServeVolley
Top 3 seeds are in cracking form... Bottom half SF and F will be a treat. :drool:

radics
I didn't see Roddick in a while but wow, that was bad. Is it just the age, or did he have a problem? His service is so slow, what happened to the record breaking serving machine?

choppaa
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
And someone said recently how Nole is a fluke Wimby champ while Roddick deserved a few in his time and is a better grass court player. LOOOOOOOL Dedicated to fed mugs, you know who you are :). Sweet serving performance from Novak, really enjoyed it :)

Juz78
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM

Another timeless post from Friedballbag...

NID
07-31-2012, 03:33 PM
fedtards sound very bitter, can't believe how many of them thought roddick could pull an upset. their lack of belief in the skills of the GOAT is apalling.

juan27
It is a joke draw.Every good player is in Djoker's half......Every good player.Not 1 good player is in his half.Rigger draw and he still wont win it.Rafa needs to come back to restore order a bit

rafa restore the order , he destroy nole in all the clay season;) and he choked the australian open.

your nole can`t beat a 31 years old fed and lost the n1 with him......

heya
hit dick with well-disguised serve and relax. duck shut his mouth on his 'fave surface'.:o

forrest gumpdick hits 'beauty decker' with his tiny shrivelled hotdog.

bobbynorwich
07-31-2012, 03:34 PM
:dance: always good to see Roddick getting trashed. All the commentators claiming he's getting mojo back after winning those near-challenger level field events can chew on this :lol: That attitude Roddick showed the other day against Keothavong...good riddance to this brat.
Yeah, Andy can't compete with the big boys anymore, his game is all about the serve but most other top players have killer serves so that neutralizes his only weapon. And Andy was useless against Dfaker's serves.

At least he didn't throw a tantrum, thank God for that.

Loved sycophant Gimelstob dubbing this the "popcorn match." Only problem, the popcorn was stale, leftover from when Roddick was a threat years ago.

:rolleyes:

IOFH
fognini and semiretired roddick rigged draw????

Different standards for the GOAT and some Serbian weirdo. :worship:

Johnny Groove
hit dick with well-disguised serve and relax. duck shut his mouth on his 'fave surface'.:o

forrest gumpdick hits 'beauty decker' with his tiny shrivelled hotdog.

:rolls:

bounccer
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Nole fan returns, surprising :lol:

Awful match by Roddick, Djokovic was excellent but so was he at Wimbledon before the semis, so who knows...

Murray - Djokovic seems more likely each days.

NID
07-31-2012, 03:36 PM
well why isnt he wearing Navratilova spectacles

would make him too attractive.

bounccer
07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Sukit Fed fanboys.

:confused::confused::confused:

Fes wasn't play, i don't see your point here

choppaa
rafa restore the order , he destroy nole in all the clay season;) and he choked the australian open.

Hmmm, Fedmug like you pulling Rafa out of nowhere, pathetic trolling :D

evilmindbulgaria
Great display by Nole. Fedtards spewing their usual coward BS, hoping someone else takes out their rival :lol:

heya

crybaby dick choked all of the miserable decade, but he was paid for ripping off the atp and itf.:wavey:

Chirag
07-31-2012, 03:38 PM
nothing you can do with this Nole :shrug:

bounccer
07-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Roddick had a chance of winning considering Djokovic was average, but i don't see how the fact that a very good Djokovic spanked a poor Roddick is surprising.

ogbg
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Novak looked very impressive today, especially his serve and forehand, but it's not exactly new seeing Roddick take a beating from a top 5 / top 10 player these days.

BackhandDTL
07-31-2012, 03:40 PM
So what happened to Nole's supposedly worse matchup?! lol. Always nice to see Roddick suffering a beatdown

He's gotten older, suckier, and ridiculously passive.

I'm not sure people are acting why this is an ironic turn of events just because some of us gave Roddick a chance. Most of us also acknowledged that this was a much more likely result (granted, the degree of the beatdown is a bit astonishing).

Looks like his performances against Murray and Nadal last year.

IOFH
07-31-2012, 03:44 PM
nothing you can do with this Nole :shrug:

...except if your Murray or Federer? Or do they have no chance either?

bounccer
BTW it doesn't matter for Fed, Murray = Djokovic on grass, he is almost certain to meet one of them.

If i have to choose, i would take Djokovic over Murray for Federer.

Shadow Knows
Roddick, including first serves that missed, managed to break 130 MPH about four times, with a high of 133. His median first serve was about 122. That'll cut it against Isner or Muller or Klizan. There was never any hope that it would cut it against Djokovic.

hipolymer
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Dedicated to those who say Nole can't return against big servers.

cutesteve22
07-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Good for tennis anyway :yeah:

Oranje8
07-31-2012, 03:47 PM
A-Rod can't do shit these days :facepalm:

bounccer
07-31-2012, 03:49 PM

You have something to prove, a virility issue maybe? :confused:

Han Solo
07-31-2012, 03:49 PM

I'm not sure people are acting why this is an ironic turn of events just because some of us gave Roddick a chance. Most of us also acknowledged that this was a much more likely result (granted, the degree of the beatdown is a bit astonishing).

Agreed. The result was what most of us expected, but the manner of it was surprising. I really hope both Djokovic and Federer make it to the final in what is becoming one of the most compelling tennis seasons in recent times...

tnosugar
07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
A half-hearted and grumpy MTF forced from summer vacation to comment on fake Wimbledon :D :D
Is anyone here actually there?

BroTree123
07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Whenever we sniff out the usual suspect of Roddick having a chance, he gets thrashed really badly.

Therefore Nole will win something like 6-2, 6-1.

So guys....do I get a prize?

Mechlan
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM

:hatoff:

Freak3yman84
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Holy shit! :worship: Put that in your sig at least!

BroTree123
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Holy shit! :worship: Put that in your sig at least!

I am so doing that right now :bowdown:

samanosuke
07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Ducky :facepalm:

howyesno
07-31-2012, 04:05 PM
it's always sad to see a great champion not recognizing when he's not competitive any more and staying in a game too long. just playing within himself, nole looked out of this world against andy.

Sapeod
07-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Roddick is such a joke. He should just retire already, the sport would be better off without him. Really, he's such a horrible player.

bavaria100
07-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I will be very surprised if Roddick continues to play beyond this season. Sure, he may still be able to win a worthless Mickey Mouse tournament here or there, but it should be obvious that he can't challenge for any of the big titles anymore. That time has passed.

I don't think Roddick qualifies as a big server these days. :lol:

luie
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Novak isn't winning this , there is a better grass player in the Olympics .
Btw nadull should worry about winning a title of clay before we put him in a conversation to stop anyone.

MinioNole
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM

Nah, I know Nole can beat the sh*t out of Roddick considering his past performances against the top players. It's just quite funny to see some of the other tards here hyping him to actually win over Nole. I just cant.

luie
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Novak faking he had "eye problems" probably threw Arod of his game. Is the only plausible explanation .

doublebackhand
07-31-2012, 04:16 PM
:dance: always good to see Roddick getting trashed. All the commentators claiming he's getting mojo back after winning those near-challenger level field events can chew on this :lol: That attitude Roddick showed the other day against Keothavong...good riddance to this brat. Glad Djokovic put Roddick in his place today.

:yeah: you cant spell roddick without dick. dont care if he is american or not or him winning a medal. dont understand why some peoplel feel sorry for him not winning wimbledon..etc

Alex999
07-31-2012, 04:18 PM
one more thing. it was really nice to see a packed stadium. not even one empty seat, just awesome. I'm kinda mad that I had to watch this lousy stream instead of seeing the match on TV :mad:. shame on you, TSN and NBC

BackhandDTL
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Nah, I know Nole can beat the sh*t out of Roddick considering his past performances against the top players. It's just quite funny to see some of the other tards here hyping him to actually win over Nole. I just cant.

Well see, that would depend on which of his past performances you'd pick from. The fact that Novak won today doesn't change the fact that Roddick "beat the shit out of" him by playing aggressively in Dubai or outlasting him in Australia... So going into this match, with Roddick's pedigree on grass and Nole's recent performances, people thought Andy might have a chance, which wasn't unreasonable. Most responsible fans realized what the more likely outcome was because we all know Roddick's steep decline in standards these days.

I don't think anyone in this thread has called this turn of events shocking for the same reasons it's not ironic: it's all very explicable.

nick the greek
07-31-2012, 04:32 PM
:sad:. Bad for the game.
Ha,ha.It's sooooo sweeeeet.:wavey:

Orka_n
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Always nice to see Roddick destroyed.

Good to see Nole in form as well.

BackhandDTL
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Roddick is such a joke. He should just retire already, the sport would be better off without him. Really, he's such a horrible player.

I love Murray, but should you really be saying this when he just lost Wimbledon to the 30 year old who was stopping Roddick in his prime?

Federer over Roddick in the 2004 Wimbledon.
Federer over Murray in the 2012 Wimbledon.
Federer over Roddick in three major finals before 2008.
Federer over Murray in three major finals '08 and after.

Am I missing something? You should really learn to pick your arguments.

Federer in 2
07-31-2012, 04:40 PM

I'm sorry now, who won't win it? :lol:

dencod16
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Roddick played high risk, and nothing went in Djoker's serve. He then reverted to pushing and got truly spanked in the second set.

yeah, always the case with him nowadays, things get tight be a counter-puncher.

BroTree123

1 > 0.

Bye.

nole_no1

The draw IS tough. Nole was too good :wavey:

HKz
07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Novak played some very good tennis here no doubt. Roddick was a bit disappointing, but he still has time to rack up some more notable wins. Hopefully Novak didn't peak his form too early in the tournament. I want to see Muray vs Djokovic on grass, that would be very interesting.

retister
07-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Inexplicable level of insecurity among Fedfans. Why wishing someone else to take out Nole when nothing suggests that their match would have different outcome than the previous? If anything, you guys should be anxious to see another spanking. There is some joy in watching high quality tennis on the way to the title, not just counting titles themselves, at least for me :rolleyes:

xargon
07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
I will be very surprised if Roddick continues to play beyond this season. :

They said Brooklyn is waiting for him to finish his career so they can move to Hollywood. Poor Roddick!

xargon
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM

I suppose Hewitt will be a bad matchup too. :confused:

Il Primo Uomo
07-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Andy is such a pussy ass player. Team Nole!

Fumus
07-31-2012, 06:05 PM

Roddick still owns the H2H matchup...it's still there. Andy's not going to be beat anyone serving at 50 something percent. Honestly anyone would have crushed him today. If they meet on hard courts this summer and Andy serves a bit better you'll see the matchup problems come out again.

Mateya
07-31-2012, 06:12 PM
:spit:

Lopez
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Nole :worship:

Hoping for a Fedole final :yeah:

nick the greek
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Roddick still owns the H2H matchup...it's still there. Andy's not going to be beat anyone serving at 50 something percent. Honestly anyone would have crushed him today. If they meet on hard courts this summer and Andy serves a bit better you'll see the matchup problems come out again.
Two more matches and that anomaly will be fixed.

cswab22
07-31-2012, 06:20 PM
People thinking Roddick could win :spit:

Novak :worship: that was amazing

River
07-31-2012, 06:51 PM
God damnit Roddick.

Fumus
07-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Two more matches and that anomaly will be fixed.

Or it worsens in the other direction....depends on Roddick's form.

Whiznot
07-31-2012, 06:54 PM
A bagel is a 6-0 set. No bagels here but a total ass-kicking as expected. Hewitt won't fair any better.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Feds era are cripples or retired now

2004 roddick would have beat nole imo

uxyzapenje
07-31-2012, 07:06 PM
lol at people wishing Novak as the easier opponent for Roger in the final than Murray. IN THE FINAL! MURRAY! Be carefull what you wish for...

Alex999
07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Or it worsens in the other direction....depends on Roddick's form.
Fumus, Roddick can't even get to the latest rounds of important tournaments (Novak is always there)because his form is horrible. therefore, he doesn't get to play against Djokovic. Let's be realistic here, last time Nole and Roddick played was, like what 2 years ago. I can't even remember. Djoko is in his prime, Andy is fading away. I don't see Roddick def. Novak on any surface, under any conditions, sorry bud ... I realize you don't like Djokovic but please give me a break

Pea
07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
No chance, and too bad they didn't face each last year. It would've been worse.

CooCooCachoo
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
:speakles:

Sombrerero loco
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM
roddick :spit: really really bad. its sad watching him like that

Andi-M
07-31-2012, 08:34 PM
I dont know whether i expected more from Roddick or less from Novak, but i wasnt really expecting Nole to win so convincingly. Good performance from Novak to get himself back in the groove after indifferent 1R. Bottom half still too tough to call.

hiperborejac
07-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Novak played great on serve and some unbelievable returns. Roddick tried but nothing worked. That return to earn his 1st break point in 2nd set reminded me of USO 2011 ag. Federer.

Maria fixed titanium balls of steel :rocker:

xOUXQGHVLc4

Fumus
07-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Fumus, Roddick can't even get to the latest rounds of important tournaments (Novak is always there)because his form is horrible. therefore, he doesn't get to play against Djokovic. Let's be realistic here, last time Nole and Roddick played was, like what 2 years ago. I can't even remember. Djoko is in his prime, Andy is fading away. I don't see Roddick def. Novak on any surface, under any conditions, sorry bud ... I realize you don't like Djokovic but please give me a break

I'll come back to this post a bit later in the summer.

Tennisfan99
07-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Good performance from Nole, I didn't buy into the fact that this was a hard match. Will almost definitely make the SF or better now.

RForever
07-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Little bit of respect to Andy would be nice here. I would be happy if someone new at Andys level appeared on tour. Nole looks good so far but he did at SW19 as well, didnt he?

Arkulari
07-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Nole played well, was very consistent in the return and pulled the trigger at the right times but Roddick was an horror show, he's nowhere near the player he used to be, his serve has lost lots of sting (not only about speed but kick & placement), his BH is pathetic and he hit very short with his FH.

Corey Feldman
07-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Nole looks good so far but he did at SW19 as well, didnt he?he did, until he was slapped by the King in the semi final

but i knew he'd bounce back here, olympics mean more to him because he's a nationalistic hooligan

rocketassist
07-31-2012, 09:30 PM
I suppose Hewitt will be a bad matchup too. :confused:

No, Hewitt is a good matchup as Nole has a more penetrating ground game and can control the points and Hewitt is old and slow and lacks the reaction speed that was his key component in his best years not to mention the firepower.

Plus an out of form Djoker beat him comfortably at Wimbledon 2010 and even at the 2007 tournament when he was still yet to win a slam.

Corey Feldman
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Hewitt was robbed all ways in that 2007 Wimbledon match, all tie breaks

all kinds of sp's and up breaks in the sets, blown

Alex999
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
he did, until he was slapped by the King in the semi final

but i knew he'd bounce back here, olympics mean more to him because he's a nationalistic hooligan

you are a mouthy hooligan :p. not sure why I still love ya :hug::lol:

Nole fan
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Corey getting too cocky, it won't last long. :lol:

SheepleBuster
07-31-2012, 09:50 PM

Reminds of that Australian Open when Pat Mac, Jim Courier and almost everyone picked Roddick to beat Roger in 4 or 5. He got 6 games and a bagel. lol

Corey Feldman
07-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Corey getting too cocky, it won't last long. :lol:i'll enjoy while it lasts then ;)

leng jai
07-31-2012, 10:06 PM
The vulture getting more than two games against a future GOAT is pretty solid if you ask me.

Lopez
07-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Corey getting too cocky, it won't last long. :lol:

Don't make predictions, they'll just come and bite you in the ass. Federer might very well beat Nole in the final here, should they both make that far (I hope they play in the final!). Wait for your moment, it'll make it sweeter ;).

latso
07-31-2012, 10:57 PM
This result has nothing to do with Roddick and shouldn't count as a direction toward the end of his career. Not this match.

The guy made 7 UEs and lost 2 and 1 :eek: 12 winners and 7 UEs is like a fairly awesome stat.

But Djokovic played beyond zone, he was in paradise, just incredible. 34 winners and 6 UEs :eek: WTF :eek:

14 aces... just sick.

No one can beat that kind of Nole, not even Roger at his best imo. Luckily this is the kind of performance you pull out once or twice a year, or we'd have an eternal N1.

And i hate to say all that as a Roger fan, but this is reality. This kind of Nole can beat even the best Nadal at RG i thought.

Amazing

leng jai
07-31-2012, 11:01 PM
This result has nothing to do with Roddick and shouldn't count as a direction toward the end of his career. Not this match.

The guy made 7 UEs and lost 2 and 1 :eek: 12 winners and 7 UEs is like a fairly awesome stat.

But Djokovic played beyond zone, he was in paradise, just incredible. 34 winners and 6 UEs :eek: WTF :eek:

14 aces... just sick.

No one can beat that kind of Nole, not even Roger at his best imo. Luckily this is the kind of performance you pull out once or twice a year, or we'd have an eternal N1.

And i hate to say all that as a Roger fan, but this is reality. This kind of Nole can beat even the best Nadal at RG i thought.

Amazing

It's more like Roddick's game is extremely susceptible to being demolished. How many times has he been a victim to a "GOAT" performance since 2006? Lost count.

Bigselber
07-31-2012, 11:07 PM

14 aces... just sick.

Amazing
You're overreacting, did you watch the match? Novak was good, but he was given medium pase balls in his strike zone all match, and Roddick was slow so every decent shot turned out a winner.

Jimnik
07-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Tennis sucks. Don't know why Andy took up this sport.

nick the greek
07-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Novak played great on serve and some unbelievable returns. Roddick tried but nothing worked. That return to earn his 1st break point in 2nd set reminded me of USO 2011 ag. Federer.

Maria fixed titanium balls of steel :rocker:

xOUXQGHVLc4
Ball-breaker Masha.

nick the greek
07-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Nole's serve and FH were on fire.Awesome.Good, damn good for the game.It always is when real #1 wins.

RForever
07-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Nole's serve and FH were on fire.Awesome.Good, damn good for the game.It always is when real #1 wins.

Your trolling is probably the worst on MTF, very childish :baby:
Try harder ;)

Freak3yman84
07-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Tennis sucks. Don't know why Andy took up this sport.

Probably to get rich, reach #1, win the US Open, and get a smokin' hot wife :shrug:

xargon
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Gimelstob said the Nole/Roddick match was supposed to be the popcorn match. What happened? Justin, wrong again as usual.

nick the greek
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Try harder ;)
That's not trolling, that's the truth.:wavey:

Jimnik
07-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Probably to get rich, reach #1, win the US Open, and get a smokin' hot wife :shrug:
Could have achieved all that driving Formula One cars.

tommyg6
08-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Although the win was impressive, it was against an opponent at the tail end of his career. I wouldn't put too much stock into this win.

tripwires
08-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Nole should rush the net more often. :yeah:

BroTree123
08-01-2012, 02:11 AM
I really wouldn't take too much stock into Nole's "return of form" at the moment, considering he played a washed up Duck.

I mean, the fact that I nailed the prediction perfectly despite most others saying Roddick had a chance, says alot :o

And a jinxer like me, that doesn't happen often.

Mr. Oracle
08-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Can't find a single video highlight clip of this match. Got bamboozled on youtube but nothing legit.:sad:

Mr. Oracle
08-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Try harder ;)

Listen to Nick the Greek. These people know what the he11 they're talking about !:)

dencod16
08-01-2012, 04:11 AM
I didn't see Roddick in a while but wow, that was bad. Is it just the age, or did he have a problem? His service is so slow, what happened to the record breaking serving machine?

Stefanki happened to it.

dencod16
08-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Roddick was so bad.... Nole played so well.... How can roddick serve well in eastbourne winds and can't do shit on a closed court just find it odd and funny... Maybe he needs to call the wind...

Forehander
08-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Nole 2.0 Nole 2.0 Nole 2.0? Beating today's Roddick isn't exactly a massive feat. Roddick's game these day is just pure passive, and the power of his enormous serve have long gone. He had absolute nothing to hurt Djokovic, who by the way footwork is absolute horrible on the surface. All Djokovic had to do was do his usual left and right spanking and that's it.

retister
08-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Also, while Nole's serve looked pretty impressive today, it will most likely crumble when he needs it most, just like it happened in last few months. He is struggling big time when serve is not clicking.

sidneythagovou
08-01-2012, 10:04 AM
I dont know what it is with Roddick, but his serve is not what it used to be. Just an average speed right now and no great placements either. Then its the rallies. He should just go for the winners, because he can hardly win those longer rallies. I feel sorry for Roddick, because I do like the guy

leng jai
08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Well Roddick never had great placement so once the speed factor is diminished as well it will pose no threat to a decent returner.

Andy1402
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM

14 aces... just sick.

Amazing

Peak Federer can beat any version of nole on any surface. Federer has way too many strokes for djokovic to even comprehend. It's also why federer was an eternal no. 1 (237 consecutive weeks).
That's why he is GOAT.

allpro
08-01-2012, 03:06 PM
blow-out city.....and i thought this would be a tight match.

Hian-GOAT
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Hopefully the last time this mug wll be playing the Olympics.