No thread? Olympics Rd 2: Murray glides past Nieminen 6-2, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

No thread? Olympics Rd 2: Murray glides past Nieminen 6-2, 6-4

MuzzahLovah
07-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Murray broke the opening game of each set, smooth sailing.

The Prince
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Go get that gold Andy, then you can go back to being a fail.

Hian-GOAT
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM
No one cares of Mugray

http://i46.tinypic.com/4kcg1z.gif

MuzzahLovah
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
No one needs to see Serena unless she's holding gold at a medal ceremony. :wavey:

Sapeod
07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Andy was too good. He can win gold playing like that.

Burrow
07-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Go get that gold Andy, then you can go back to being a fail.

A fail? You mean failure?

And he's far from that.

Geo
07-31-2012, 04:22 PM
It was only Nieminen...don't get too excited, Murray fans :lol:

shadows
07-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Should at least be an easy GB bronze given the draw. A little worried that the easy road to the semis might come back to bite him in the probable Djokovic match.

Absolute Anthropoid
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah... Niemugnen was bad. Murray was great though.

Sapeod
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Obviously you didn't watch the match, so you wouldn't know that Andy was really good.

The Prince
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
A fail? You mean failure?

And he's far from that.

My bad, I guess everyone makes mistakes in their own lingo.

Yes, he's a very good player, but he has not matched the expectation we have of him here in Great Britain, therefore he is a failure.

AndyUK
07-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Another easy win for Murray. Played really well but was never tested either.

Definitely looking good so far though.

Burrow
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM

Yes, he's a very good player, but he has not matched the expectation we have of him here in Great Britain, therefore he is a failure.

The only reason why he hasn't reached the expectations of certain individuals in Britain is because of the expectations he has indirectly set himself, by winning some of the biggest tournaments and beating some of the best players in them. He has exceeded realistic expectations that were set by reasonable analysts back in 2005.

He is far from a failure, he has done incredibly well. Regardless of whether he wins a slam or not, he's had a career anyone who's starting out would dream of.

And this is coming from someone who detests him, I'm just not that unreasonable.

IOFH
07-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Nieminen :spit:

Better than Roddick though.

Sapeod
07-31-2012, 05:08 PM

A player with 4 slam finals, 22 titles etc. is not a failure, no matter what you expect of them. Look at my signature. Do those statistics point to a failure? :lol:

The Prince
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
A player with 4 slam finals, 22 titles etc. is not a failure, no matter what you expect of them. Look at my signature. Do those statistics point to a failure? :lol:

Considering that the media are constantly telling me he's multiple slam-winning material, at age 25, with no slams, he is a comparative failure, yes.

The Prince
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM
The only reason why he hasn't reached the expectations of certain individuals in Britain is because of the expectations he has indirectly set himself, by winning some of the biggest tournaments and beating some of the best players in them. He has exceeded realistic expectations that were set by reasonable analysts back in 2005.

He is far from a failure, he has done incredibly well. Regardless of whether he wins a slam or not, he's had a career anyone who's starting out would dream of.

And this is coming from someone who detests him, I'm just not that unreasonable.

Yes he's done well.

When the media finally admit that he's not as good as the top 3, then I'll gve him the credit that he deserves for doing very well.

Sapeod
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Considering that the media are constantly telling me he's multiple slam-winning material, at age 25, with no slams, he is a comparative failure, yes.
The media? Who cares about what the media say? They're idots.

So, you won't give Andy credit because the media say he's amazing? What kind of logic is that?

You say Andy is a failure, you're wrong. End of discussion.