Olympics R2: Del Potro ends Andreas Seppi's and Italian tennis 63 76 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics R2: Del Potro ends Andreas Seppi's and Italian tennis 63 76

Hian-GOAT
07-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Juan Martin :yeah: It was a good match, DelPo was better in key moments. Or better, Andreas sucks in key moments as always :haha:

No men standing in tennis, just Sucketta among women and she is soooo losing to GRASS-GOAT Pirlonkova :bigcry:

BroTree123
07-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Hian :hug:

Mark Lenders
07-30-2012, 05:39 PM
NID.

Boring match; I usually enjoy Del Potro beating low ranked players by simply blasting the ball hard down the middle and watch them implode as they're unable to cope with the pace/weight of shot. But today it was kind of boring.

Still, 37-0 against players ranked lower than himself (and lower than #7) since AO, great consistency. Simug/Dimitrov next, hopefully the Bulgarian. That will be tougher.

BroTree123
07-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Del Potro on grass. When is that ever exciting :lol:

Hian-GOAT
07-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Hian :hug:

:sad:

The Prince
07-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Seppi deserved at least a set. He was fantastic on most pre-deuce points, just sucked on the post-deuce points.

Trust me when I say this, Seppi is a harder proposition than Dimitrov, though he isn't as good as Gillou.

DJ Soup
07-30-2012, 05:56 PM
NID.

Boring match; I usually enjoy Del Potro beating low ranked players by simply blasting the ball hard down the middle and watch them implode as they're unable to cope with the pace/weight of shot. But today it was kind of boring.

Still, 37-0 against players ranked lower than himself (and lower than #7) since AO, great consistency. Simug/Dimitrov next, hopefully the Bulgarian. That will be tougher.

it was boring because it's so obvious Delpo's lack of X-factor on grass.

Vinceremo
07-30-2012, 06:48 PM
In the Seppi def. Young thread I said 'Swing freely, Andreas! No pressure!' but, oh, asking for too much I guess :facepalm:

- Outplays Delpo from the baseline
- Converts 1 out of like 15 break points, chokes
- Loses

I know this result was almost too expected but, still, gets on my nerves to see Seppi constantly missing his chances against better players and failing in key moments like Hian said. A decent performance I could say, for the rest, some solid tennis and serving for the most part.

Regardless, I'm happy to see Delpo advance. Had to root against him for today but since the outcome was pretty much NID, not really as disappointed. Step by step Juan :yeah:

tommyg6
07-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, thats the end of Italys hopes for a medal in tennis.

Vinceremo
07-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Call me crazy but before the Men's Doubles draw was out I actually thought the pairing of Daniele 'the Italian grass GOAT' Bracciali and Seppi had a slight chance at maybe battling it out for a bronze medal. Slim chance but still. As soon as I saw they had Berdych/Stepanek in R1 my hopes went down a little bit for sure! :p

Hian-GOAT
07-30-2012, 07:27 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m68q2er7Pi1r0dbsj.gif

Canada is going even worse with Raoshit and Shitniak standing :spit:

Errani/Vinci in doubles plus Bracciali, and Pennetta still on play. If she gets past Kvitova, she can go to the semis and then who knows :)

Mateya
07-30-2012, 07:38 PM
:shrug:

Now let's have a picnic on grass. :drool:

Hypnotize
07-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure how this looked on screen but it was a fantastic match live. Both guys were hitting the ball well and there were a lot of great rallies. Good atmosphere on court and the crowd was really into it. I've always been impressed by JMDP's forehand when I've watched him on screen but seeing (and hearing) it live is something else. :worship:

Mark Lenders
07-30-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure how this looked on screen but it was a fantastic match live. Both guys were hitting the ball well and there were a lot of great rallies. Good atmosphere on court and the crowd was really into it. I've always been impressed by JMDP's forehand when I've watched him on screen but seeing (and hearing) it live is something else. :worship:

Same here. Seeing Juan's forehand live is just incredible :worship:

It's a phenomenal shot, my personal favorite shot in tennis.

redshift36188
07-31-2012, 12:14 AM
The match was a bit boring, Seppi mugged some important points like Wawrinka has done vs Murray. I had the feeling DelPo was playing on chill mode though, and that he could add pace to his game if he needed to.