Olympics R1: Tsonga def. Bellucci 6/7(5) 6/4 6/4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics R1: Tsonga def. Bellucci 6/7(5) 6/4 6/4

Dead Net Cord
07-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Jo was up a mini break in the TB. Bellucci hit a lucky return on the line on a SP and in consequence Tsonga missed one handed backhand.

In the decider Bellucci was 3/5 *0/40 down, he made it to 4/5 30/15* but didn't break.

Tsonga's serve was very good but his return was dreadful, especially in the first set.

Mark Lenders
07-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Jo served well and was solid in rallies. The match was close because his return was even poorer than his usual standards, which are quite bad already.

He'll struggle a lot to get past Raonic; he hates facing big servers, and for good reason. If they split the first two sets, I'm afraid we'll see a very long third set: two brilliant servers vs two horrible returners (Raonic better serve, Jo better return). If Jo finds a way to somehow return the Milos serve, he will win easily, but I doubt that will happen. Expect tiebreaks and a long third set should they split the first two.

As for Thomaz, good effort but grass isn't his surface. If he breaks through soon like he should, Rio 2016 on clay will be far better for him.

henke007
07-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Jo didn't drop serve once, love it

The Prince
07-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Rio will be on hard court, I am informed.

nazzac
07-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice on Tsonga! Good serves, and good in the rallies. Poor returns though. Even poorer than normal

Slice Winner
07-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Jo was trolling Henman with his one hander. Beautiful stuff. :lol:

Ashlar77
07-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Thomaz :sad:

Hypnotize
07-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I was at this match and the atmosphere was INSANE! The crowd were mainly behing Tsonga and chanting his name but there were also a lot of vocal Brazilians supporting Bellucci. The quality of the tennis was fantastic from both players with some great rallies and big groundstrokes. Bellucci impressed me today with how he handled the grass and Tsonga was quite lucky to come through this match.

Sombrerero loco
07-29-2012, 09:30 PM
that was close :unsure:

Roamed
07-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I was at this match and the atmosphere was INSANE! The crowd were mainly behing Tsonga and chanting his name but there were also a lot of vocal Brazilians supporting Bellucci. The quality of the tennis was fantastic from both players with some great rallies and big groundstrokes. Bellucci impressed me today with how he handled the grass and Tsonga was quite lucky to come through this match.

I was there too! :D Definitely best match of the day, very enjoyable.

Hypnotize
07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
I thought they were crazy putting this on Centre and assumed Tsonga would walk all over Bellucci but I couldn't have been more wrong. The crowd absolutely loved it and I agree, it was by far the best match of the day. Are you going again tomorrow? Looks like another great day of tennis.

erickmartins
07-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm happy to see Thomaz pushing Tsonga this far on grass. I was fearing a complete destruction that might ruin his confidence again.

BroTree123
07-30-2012, 12:44 AM
I knew this was going to be tough :scared:

I had doubts before the match, so thank God :sobbing:

VolandriFan
07-30-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm happy to see Thomaz pushing Tsonga this far on grass. I was fearing a complete destruction that might ruin his confidence again.

I totally agree. Still disappointing though...

SelvenluvJo
07-30-2012, 08:02 AM

It seems that Jo's match will never be bored.:D
Well done Jo, the first Olympic match will never be easy. Good luck to the next round, it will be tougher for sure.:o