Starting All Events on Monday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Starting All Events on Monday

156mphserve
07-28-2012, 09:00 PM
There are some events where starting on Monday makes no sense. The rule was put in place to avoid the 1 or 2 match Sunday starts we sometimes have but it has lead to first rounds being totally left out, and confusion on when to start when an event starts before Sunday like the current Olympics

Which events in the poll do you think should start on a day other than Monday?

Or do you think there should be some sort of is there's 5 matches or more then it starts then rule?

I meant to make the poll so you could vote for more than 1 thing but I didn't, oops, can a mod or something change that? Can I change that?:o

156mphserve
07-28-2012, 09:08 PM
I think IW, Miami, RG, and the Olympics should always start the day the event starts, there are more than enough matches. I also think if there are 5 matches or more then we could start as well, but not too many more events start Sunday with 5 or more matches besides Winston Salem. I haven't voted yet because I messed up the poll:(

What do you think?

Chris 84
07-28-2012, 09:35 PM
yeah, you did mess up the poll :lol:

i think olympics, miami, iw and all slams should start on the day that the tournament starts. in general i'd say that monday starts for all other tournaments makes sense.

Ivanatis
07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
always monday, except IW and Miami of course

CoolyBri
07-28-2012, 11:19 PM
I would start IW, Miami, RG and the Olympics on the same day as the actual tournament.
All other tournaments should be started on Monday.

rvugt
07-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Actually, IW, Miami and Olympics. I don't see a point in starting for RG early, as that is the same as other tournaments that start on sunday!

Cava
07-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Always Monday except Miami and IW.

purtov45
07-29-2012, 04:33 AM
Certainly, the best version such:
Always in day of the beginning of tournament excepting one or two matches from main draw in the first day
It has only one lack - has often begun it is necessary on a weekend.
Therefore a compromise version (from Cava):
Always Monday except Miami and IW
(We neglect the first round of some tournaments)

purtov45
07-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi 156mphserve !

Whether you consider as a member of board? If yes, I shall address to you at difficulties in management.

When there is no board, the manager feels as in vacuum :)

ronim1
07-29-2012, 07:05 AM
I would suggest starting on Day 1 of each tournament, if there are at least 5 matches scheduled.

156mphserve
07-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi 156mphserve !

Whether you consider as a member of board? If yes, I shall address to you at difficulties in management.

When there is no board, the manager feels as in vacuum :)

I am a member of the board that was elected 3 years ago. We have rarely been used so many have forgotten.

Bya all means if you have a question while managing you can PM me(or any other board member, CoolyBri posted them in the manager thread a couple days ago I think) and ask, if I can help I will

coolfish1103
07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Always Monday except Indian Wells and Miami, and Olympics for every 4 years.

Björki
07-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Olympics (The Day It Starts)
Indian Wells (Thursday When It Starts)
Miami (Wednesday When It Starts)
Roland Garros (Sunday)

tournaments with Saturday final which start on Sunday
(dont know if the usually start on sunday)

rvugt
07-30-2012, 10:41 AM
I would suggest starting on Day 1 of each tournament, if there are at least 5 matches scheduled.

Actually I agree on this one. I wouldn't mind playing on Sunday already sometimes. Especially for tournament with a saturday final and a sunday start!

Björki
07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
5 are to many. even on Mondays there are sometimes only 4.

ronim1
07-30-2012, 01:43 PM
5 are to many. even on Mondays there are sometimes only 4.

We will of course agree on the number of matches.
I just suggested the mechanism.

All other suggestions raise the need to remember which tournament starts when, And I really don't think this would be wise.

156mphserve
07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
This poll was kind of a fail so we can't really u8se the results to come to a conclusion, and not many people have posted, though based on the posts I've read, IW, Miami, and Olympics would be those which don't start on Monday.

I'm going away tomorrow and I don't have enough time to organize any poll or whatever, I will barely have any time to pick for the Olympics if I'm still alive.

It would be nice if someone could maybe start another poll, and PM all the Suicide players to get them to vote, many probably don't even know of this thread, we should get a lot more than the 10 opinions here before we make a decision

Direnan
08-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I would start IW, Miami, RG and the Olympics on the same day as the actual tournament.
All other tournaments should be started on Monday.
[2] here

Frank Winkler
08-06-2012, 01:54 AM
if there are 5 or more matches it should start regardless of the day
thank you
but if there are only 3 matches or less it ahould not start.

ronim1
08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
if there are 5 or more matches it should start regardless of the day
thank you
but if there are only 3 matches or less it ahould not start.

What about 4 matches?

rvugt
08-06-2012, 05:58 PM
What about 4 matches?

I think 4 matches should be enough to start play, actuallY!