Olympics R1: Del Potro def. Dodig 6-4 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympics R1: Del Potro def. Dodig 6-4 6-1

samanosuke
07-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Really Dod :facepalm:

Dodig is in deeper shits than I thought. Regardless how bad he is at the moment, Delpo on grass should be at least a competitive match but this...

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Expected.

Unlike Berdych, Juan can always be trusted upon to dismiss low ranked players, as his perfect 36-0 record against players ranked lower than himself since AO proves.

Juan was hitting the ball well and moving better than at Wimbledon, good to see, let's see how far he can go.

Looner
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Now if Del Potro can cause the upset and reach the semis by beating the great Ferrer :p.

Freak3yman84
07-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Expected.

Unlike Berdych, Juan can always be trusted upon to dismiss low ranked players, as his perfect 36-0 record against players ranked lower than himself since AO proves.

Juan was hitting the ball well and moving better than at Wimbledon, good to see, let's see how far he can go.

I didn't know that :eek: JMDP :worship:

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Now if Del Potro can cause the upset and reach the semis by beating the great Ferrer :p.

First he needs to beat Seppi and Simon/Dimitrov :p

I didn't know that :eek: JMDP :worship:

Juan has always been excellent at beating lower ranked players. Consistent power is all you need to blow your way past low ranked guys. He will lose a few of course, but to talented players (whose ranking doesn't reflect his ability) not to journeymen (like Tomas is annoyingly prone to).

lucyfur
07-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Done in 68 minutes, vamos, Delpo!

Paylu2007
07-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Juan has always been excellent at beating lower ranked players.

Yes, that's part of being a gr8 vulture.

Go Martín!

Looner
07-28-2012, 07:54 PM
First he needs to beat Seppi and Simon/Dimitrov :p

Wow, I just realised this. It'd be interesting to see a match of an early peaker from their generation against the sort of fail version of Federer. I mean they're almost the same age. At least if Dimitrov mugs away the match to Simon, Delboy's there to clean up ;).

The Prince
07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Saint Seppi will deliver the deed :worship:

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Wow, I just realised this. It'd be interesting to see a match of an early peaker from their generation against the sort of fail version of Federer. I mean they're almost the same age. At least if Dimitrov mugs away the match to Simon, Delboy's there to clean up ;).

It'd indeed be nice to see and I hope we do. Dimitrov has shown some progress lately and he should really beat Simon on grass. He'd also have a good chance against Del Potro, who despite his perfect record against lower ranked guys, is far more vulnerable on grass than other surfaces. This could be a good chance for Grisha to have a breakthrough.

Arkulari
07-28-2012, 08:18 PM
It'd indeed be nice to see and I hope we do. Dimitrov has shown some progress lately and he should really beat Simon on grass. He'd also have a good chance against Del Potro, who despite his perfect record against lower ranked guys, is far more vulnerable on grass than other surfaces. This could be a good chance for Grisha to have a breakthrough.

Simon is the kind of guy who can annoy Dimitrov to no end, so don't count the Frenchman out just yet ;)

FlameOn
07-29-2012, 01:58 AM
Delpo :bounce:.

VolandriFan
07-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Nicely done Delpo, hope the knee's feeling good.