Kohlschreiber won't play at the Olympics due to adductor strain in the right thigh [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kohlschreiber won't play at the Olympics due to adductor strain in the right thigh

Eden
07-28-2012, 06:06 PM
According to German media Kohli won't play in London due to a foot injury which has already bothered him the whole week in Kitzbühel. The injury got worse in the final today. A doctor and a physiotherapist suggested that it would be better not to play in London.

Eden
07-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Statement from Kohli on FB

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philipp-Kohlschreiber-Offizielle-Fanpage/338285305624

Chris Kuerten
07-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Clown.

STUHL
07-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Now I'm shocked. That would have been tommys Chance. :sad:

Paylu2007
07-28-2012, 06:09 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

he even lost the title, what a mug!

Chirag
:facepalm:

_Chaz
Makes his decision to play Kitz even more stupid. And now we can't nominate another player but some doubles player will get in...

Eden
07-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Now I'm shocked. That would have been tommys Chance. :sad:

I'm curious to hear what Tommy has to say about Kohli playing a tournament on clay the week before the Olympic Games...

The Fearhand
OMG I'm laughing like crazy right now sorry Kohli but epic epic fail right there.
Not only did you lose the tournament it also caused you to miss out on the olympics.
You should've tanked dude...F getting in the top 20.

Absolute Anthropoid
Kohli I really don't know what to say. You are an absolute idiot :facepalm:

Missed the opportunity of a lifetime

Mark Lenders
Please tell me this is some kind of joke :facepalm:

Absolute Anthropoid
07-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh man Lenders the day isn't going well is it? Now Vulturrer dodges Kohli.

So brutal

GSMnadal
07-28-2012, 06:15 PM
What a vulture

asmazif
07-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Not even August yet, but MOTM cemented?

Eden
07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
He got asked in the video on his FB if it was the right decision to play Kitzbühel and answered that you can't really plan anything and that he could have lost in the 1st round. But he wanted to go far in Kitzbühel and did everything for it. He would really like the tournament and would have played good tennis this week. It would be bad luck that this injury happened.

fabolous
07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
kohlschreiber never had the intention to play in london, i guess.

waiting for the haas interview now :devil:

doublebackhand
07-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Can't really plan anything? Is he stupid or dumb? Ask Roger about scheduling.

I feel for Tommy now.. Pffffft

jrm
should have tanked against Balasz or Rosol :wavey:

cardio
I said it before and I repeat it: stupid decision to play Mickey Mouse before important tourney. Action Jackson may argue until his face is blue, it is still stupid.

Kohls had excellent form on grass,first Wimby QF and now he fucked up his good draw and possible medal chances on Olympics to pick up 150 points and appearance fee from MM ?!

Way to go, really ...

Lazyking
07-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Bush league.. not only do you miss the olympics but you took a spot from a countryman.. ugh.

tealeaves
07-28-2012, 06:27 PM
CLOWN :facepalm:

jrm
I said it before and I repeat it: stupid decision to play Mickey Mouse before important tourney. Action Jackson may argue until his face is blue, it is still stupid.

it's not like Kohlschreiber is winning tournaments from week to week; why not going for 'easy' tournament win :shrug:

mickymouse
It's the Olympics...some people work their asses off for years just to get a chance to compete in it.

jjc225
too bad about Kohlschreiber. Now we understand his bad play after the first set against Haase, and his getting upset and being sanctioned with point penalties during the match. It must have been tough for him to comprehend, facing the prospects of not only losing the match but possibly missing Wimbledon.

I think those who are second guessing Kohlschreiber are not doing him any justice. The guy was locked into this appearance, and tanking was not really an option. He originally believed he would not be able to play Wimbledon and set up his schedule accordingly. He did everything right, things just didn't work out for him. As it stands, he has the number 16 ranking and hoepfully he will not miss too many upcoming matches or spend too much time in rehab if that's what's called for.

Litotes
07-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh Kohli....was this really necessary? A pity.

Jafooli
07-28-2012, 06:29 PM
:facepalm: No words.

bjurra
07-28-2012, 06:32 PM
He got asked in the video on his FB if it was the right decision to play Kitzbühel and answered that you can't really plan anything and that he could have lost in the 1st round. But he wanted to go far in Kitzbühel and did everything for it. He would really like the tournament and would have played good tennis this week. It would be bad luck that this injury happened.

Bad luck he was born a complete retard.

Henry Chinaski
07-28-2012, 06:33 PM
who gets in? schwank?

Federer in 2
07-28-2012, 06:33 PM
IDIOT :sad:

bjurra
07-28-2012, 06:35 PM
I think those who are second guessing Kohlschreiber are not doing him any justice. The guy was locked into this appearance, and tanking was not really an option. He originally believed he would not be able to play Wimbledon and set up his schedule accordingly. He did everything right, things just didn't work out for him. As it stands, he has the number 16 ranking and hoepfully he will not miss too many upcoming matches or spend too much time in rehab if that's what's called for.

If he had a contract with Kitzbuhl, he should have asked the tournament to relieve him from the contract, for obvious reasons.

Accepting a place in the German Olympic team and then progressing to the final in Austria the day before his first match in London is so unbelievably stupid I am lost for words. I hope Haas and the German press tear him to pieces.

uxyzapenje
07-28-2012, 06:36 PM
You damn clown :facepalm: I hope you're happy with your 150 points. Not sorry for him at all. I hope he drops from TOP20 in Granollers-like style. Or maybe he realised he doesn't have 14 hours to fly to London :confused:

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Not like the Germans nominated him or any of his countrymen 6 weeks before where he has to plan his schedule. He has a contract with the Kitz event, the way some are making it out like he was a special for a medal.

He made his choices and has to live with the consequences.

_Chaz
07-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Not like the Germans nominated him or any of his countrymen 6 weeks before where he has to plan his schedule. He has a contract with the Kitz event, the way some are making it out like he was a special for a medal.

Wrong. He was nominated later, after the international entry list was released. It was during Wimby's 2nd week I think.

Edit: Sry, that's exactly what you wrote of course :o

Fujee
07-28-2012, 06:40 PM
What did we all say :facepalm:

Fujee
07-28-2012, 06:41 PM

Judging by his Halle performance, on this fast slippery grass, I'd say he was certainly in contention.

Renaud
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Wrong. He was nominated later, after the international entry list was released. It was during Wimby's 2nd week I think.

Just what he wrote ;)

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 06:44 PM

He was still locked into the other events after Wimbledon, since Stuttgart, Hamburg and Kitz deadlines were before his nomination.

_Chaz
07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Just what he wrote ;)

Yeah you're right :o
After reading the 1st set I thought this was some ironical post if you understand what I mean.

He was still locked into the other events after Wimbledon, since Stuttgart, Hamburg and Kitz deadlines were before his nomination.

Yes, my bad, I misread/misinterpreted your post.

Eden
07-28-2012, 06:47 PM
the way some are making it out like he was a special for a medal.

I would agree with you if the Olympics would be a best of 5 tournament but I think the best of 3 modus would be an advantage for him actually.

It's the second time he misses the Olympics now.

Li Ching Yuen
07-28-2012, 06:47 PM
He had a contract with the sponsor of the Kitzbuel tournament. That also ties him to play all of the German tournaments.

Everyone's being a clown about this. The guy had his reasons.

Kat_YYZ
07-28-2012, 06:49 PM
eh... poor Kohli. So who gets his spot?

bjurra
07-28-2012, 06:49 PM
He had a contract with the sponsor of the Kitzbuel tournament. That also ties him to play all of the German tournaments.

Everyone's being a clown about this. The guy had his reasons.

He should have turned down his Olympic spot. Obviously.

Henry Chinaski
07-28-2012, 06:50 PM
if he has a deal with bet-at-home then he's a bigger clown than anyone thought

Vishnu Vardhan could be his replacement?

nole_no1
:o At least if he would've won the title in Kitzbuhel

mooncreek
If he'd had issues with the foot all week but soldiered on - that was actually a great reason to withdraw!

Hope that paycheck was worth it.

Li Ching Yuen

No he shouldn't. As he himself said he could've gone out in the early rounds and made it just fine to London. But it wasn't the case, shit happens.

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 06:51 PM

German Olympic Committee should have just nominated Mayer, Kohli as they qualified with their rankings and not the other criteria they added to his selection.

Li Ching Yuen
07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
if he has a deal with bet-at-home then he's a bigger clown than anyone thought

Vishnu Vardhan could be his replacement?

He'll take the money, I don't think he really cares about what you think about him.

bjurra
07-28-2012, 06:54 PM
No he shouldn't. As he himself said he could've gone out in the early rounds and made it just fine to London. But it wasn't the case, shit happens.

If you are elected to represent your country in the Olympic, you prepare in the best possible way. Simple as that.

Li Ching Yuen
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM
If you are elected to represent your country in the Olympic, you prepare in the best possible way. Simple as that.

I'm sorry to ruin your dreamy world but money is far more important than 2 dime patriotism.

dencod16
07-28-2012, 07:02 PM
If he'd had issues with the foot all week but soldiered on - that was actually a great reason to withdraw!

Hope that paycheck was worth it.

I think it's a lot as he was tied with the tournament. His appearance fee i think probably is around the 100,000 mark.

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 07:03 PM
What am I actually talking about. Italy nominated Seppi by the first deadline, so he doesn't sign up for the usual summer clay events as he knows he plays the Games. Germans didn't do that with Kohli, he makes other arrangements during that time. They change their mind, then this happens.

It's a combo of a few things.

Henry Chinaski
07-28-2012, 07:04 PM
He'll take the money, I don't think he really cares about what you think about him.

yeah money matters and nothing else.

so there's no issue with someone who has had to answer questions about match fixing in the past from having a contract with a betting company.

none at all.

dencod16
07-28-2012, 07:04 PM

If your country doesn't put in stupid rules, then i will agree. I'm happy that German NOC loses him, they don't deserve it, they didn't support him.

Kat_YYZ
07-28-2012, 07:09 PM
If your country doesn't put in stupid rules, then i will agree. I'm happy that German NOC loses him, they don't deserve it, they didn't support him.

I agree with this actually. Jerking him around like a yo-yo for no reason was not cool.

Freak3yman84
07-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Kohli you idiot :facepalm:

Blue Heart24
07-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Haas should have played instead of this clown.

cardio
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
And about his chance to win a medal, you have to be real moron to say he has no chance with this draw .Perhaps he cant beat Federer,but he got weakest of top 4 seeds in his quarter - Ferrer . He beat Ferru 3 times before, twice on hard , once on clay and they never played on Kohlis best surface - grass.

What a wasted chance ...

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I just woke up and saw this sh!t. I can't believe, first Tomas lost, now this, oh well..

It has never been Kohli's fault tho. German committee screwed tennis players this year, and they screwed it hard!

Li Ching Yuen
07-28-2012, 07:21 PM
yeah money matters and nothing else.

so there's no issue with someone who has had to answer questions about match fixing in the past from having a contract with a betting company.

none at all.

If you're a hardcore betting man, you are bound to see a lot of fixers around.

Number one rule of the game.

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 07:23 PM
And about his chance to win a medal, you have to be real moron to say he has no chance with this draw .Perhaps he cant beat Federer,but he got weakest of top 4 seeds in his quarter - Ferrer . He beat Ferru 3 times before, twice on hard , once on clay and they never played on Kohlis best surface - grass.

What a wasted chance ...

You still haven't understood that it was the German committee that created this situation when it's been explained so many times.

I take it you know about the 6 weeks deadline before event.

Henry Chinaski
07-28-2012, 07:23 PM
the problem is we don't know when kohlschreiber made the decision to play these events.

it might have been because he was dicked around by the german federation or it might because he had prior commitments with sponsors (power horse I would assume, since having a deal with bet-at-home would be insane)

Henry Chinaski
07-28-2012, 07:24 PM
If you're a hardcore betting man, you are bound to see a lot of fixers around.

Number one rule of the game.

do you have info that on one else does?

in his statement he has a power horse logo on his hat. his deal is more likely to be with them than bet-at-home.

finishingmove
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Saw him on TV today.

Like a boss.

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
the problem is we don't know when kohlschreiber made the decision to play these events.

it might have been because he was dicked around by the german federation or it might because he had prior commitments with sponsors (power horse I would assume, since having a deal with bet-at-home would be insane)

Henry it's easy to tell. 6 weeks before deadlines of Stuttgart, Hamburg and Kitz was before Kohli was nominated for the Games. It was the 2nd week of Wimbledon before they nominated him and Flo Mayer.

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 07:27 PM
German committee at its finest! They really screwed hard this year.
Not only they didn't nominate Tommy in the 1st place, but they put Kohli on hold too. Because of it, Kohli had no choice but to play his scheduled tours. Now he injured himself, and germans are left only with Petzschner, which is ironic, because he was alternative lol

amagawd...

Boreas
07-28-2012, 07:36 PM
So, is it BYE drawing the Kavcic jackpot or will there be an alternate?

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 07:37 PM

the draw was already out, yep he did hit jackpot there.. Only to smash Ferrer next ;)

Freak3yman84
07-28-2012, 07:40 PM
the draw was already out, yep he did hit jackpot there.. Only to smash Ferrer next ;)

The draw was already out when Karlovic withdrew, and he got replaced :confused:

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 07:43 PM

An alternate.

Johnny Groove
07-28-2012, 07:43 PM
They'll get one of the doubles players fa sho.

The German federation is the real culprits here. Kohli did what he had to do.

samanosuke
07-28-2012, 07:44 PM
well done Kohli. even the biggest thinkers of modern time would be proud on such scheduling

Moozza
07-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Just hand Ferrer the title already. :facepalm:

Looner
I don't think a big enough :facepalm: has been invented for me to express what I felt when I read the thread title.

fabolous
german NOC is a joke, i hope they learned a lesson here. florian mayer said weeks ago that they shouldn't even bother nominating him because he doesn't care. kohlschreiber and petzschner/kas were put on hold for weeks, of course they got angry. tommy haas beats federer in a grass tournament final and the old guys from the NOC denied him because he would have "no chance for a medal" :lol:

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 07:49 PM
well done Kohli. even the biggest thinkers of modern time would be proud on such scheduling

Not his fault that his Olympic committee didn't nominate him when they should have.

See below.

german NOC is a joke, i hope they learned a lesson here. florian mayer said weeks ago that they shouldn't even bother nominating him because he doesn't care. kohlschreiber and petzschner/kas were put on hold for weeks, of course they got angry. tommy haas beats federer in a grass tournament final and the old guys from the NOC denied him because he would have "no chance for a medal" :lol:

Hahahahaha, that they are. Yet, Kohli makes other arrangements cause the NOC doesn't do the right thing and he gets slated for missing this event when we know who the true fools are.

The NOC deserve a red card.

Matt01
07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Some people here :rolleyes: and I don't even like Kohli.

German committee at its finest! They really screwed hard this year.
Not only they didn't nominate Tommy in the 1st place, but they put Kohli on hold too. Because of it, Kohli had no choice but to play his scheduled tours. Now he injured himself, and germans are left only with Petzschner, which is ironic, because he was alternative lol

amagawd...

The good thing is that Petzschner is now the best German :D :lol:

timafi
07-28-2012, 08:10 PM
lawd have frigging mercy.How can this idiot pull a stunt like that is beyond me? :facepalm: :facepalm: :help:

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Some people here :rolleyes: and I don't even like Kohli.

The good thing is that Petzschner is now the best German :D :lol:

I like him, and I see him going deep..

samanosuke
07-28-2012, 08:15 PM
OK. I understand Kohli here. But he knew before Kitzbuhel tournament started he would be in Olympics draw. It's good to teach fools a lesson but not with occasion which is happening every 4 years. and with his grass form he would have a shot in London

Looner
07-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't see why people are whining at samanosuke. He IS right. Forget the German Federation and the German medal count. Kohli deserved the chance to compete and should have retired. The cheque was probably tempting but he deserved the chance to contest a grass Olympics. A real shame for him and I really hope he's not too disappointed.

Matt01
07-28-2012, 08:19 PM
OK. I understand Kohli here. But he knew before Kitzbuhel tournament started he would be in Olympics draw. It's good to teach fools a lesson but not with occasion which is happening every 4 years. and with his grass form he would have a shot in London

He played the 3 previous weeks on clay, there's no guarantee that he would have made it far at the Overratics.

STUHL
07-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Still in shock. I will need a few days now. 2nd Time he has to withdraw from olympics. Poor Kohli. :sad:

emotion
07-28-2012, 08:31 PM
wiki draw says kavcic has walkover. is that right? is it not an alt?

cardio
07-28-2012, 08:32 PM
AJ, you sound hypocritical . First you say :

"Kohli gets his best ranking inside the top 20 good enough reason to play here. "

So it was HIS decision and you hinted it was the right one ?

Then you say :
"Kohli is not going to win an Olympic Gold or a medal. "

Then you repeat : "the way some are making it out like he was a special for a medal."

Which is simply not true , he was one of possible medal contenders from top half of the draw ! He could beat every mug there except Fed in semifinal maybe.

And then suddenly it is German Committe to blame :

"You still haven't understood that it was the German committee that created this situation when it's been explained so many times."

So which one is it ? He made right decision because he earned 150 points from MM and career best ranking for a while ?If it was right one, why blame German officials ?

or

He made right decision because he has no chance on Olympics whatsoever, even despite his excellent grass results this year ? Again, why blame Germans then ?

Or

He is innocent victim of heartless sports officials and his own correct behavior, which couldnt allow Nadull-like blatant tank in 2nd match of "must tank" tournament

You change your mind awfully quickly...

I say he was just stupid.Nadal tanks Queens and Halle each year without any problems. Federer skips Halle in every 2nd year to be fresh for Wimbledon. We have other dozens examples - if player does not want to play, he will not play. They are not slaves. They ar high paid millionaires who do pretty much whatever they want to do.

Aenea
07-28-2012, 08:37 PM
wiki draw says kavcic has walkover. is that right? is it not an alt?

from ITF official Twitter

Philipp Kohlschreiber has pulled out of the Olympics injured - he will be replaced by highest ranked alternate (to be announced tomorrow)
28 Jul 18:57

http://twitter.com/OlympicsTennis

Action Jackson
07-28-2012, 08:40 PM
AJ, you sound hypocritical . First you say :

"Kohli gets his best ranking inside the top 20 good enough reason to play here. "

So it was HIS decision and you hinted it was the right one ?

Then you say :
"Kohli is not going to win an Olympic Gold or a medal. "

Then you repeat : "the way some are making it out like he was a special for a medal."

Which is simply not true , he was one of possible medal contenders from top half of the draw ! He could beat every mug there except Fed in semifinal maybe.

And then suddenly it is German Committe to blame :

"You still haven't understood that it was the German committee that created this situation when it's been explained so many times."

So which one is it ? He made right decision because he earned 150 points from MM and career best ranking for a while ?If it was right one, why blame German officials ?

or

He made right decision because he has no chance on Olympics whatsoever, even despite his excellent grass results this year ? Again, why blame Germans then ?

Or

He is innocent victim of heartless sports officials and his own correct behavior, which couldnt allow Nadull-like blatant tank in 2nd match of "must tank" tournament

You change your mind awfully quickly...

I say he was just stupid.Nadal tanks Queens and Halle each year without any problems. Federer skips Halle in every 2nd year to be fresh for Wimbledon. We have other dozens examples - if player does not want to play, he will not play. They are not slaves. They ar high paid millionaires who do pretty much whatever they want to do.

No need for the essay, will do this for you in point form so you get it. Yes, you are overrating Kolhi as if he is a sure thing to medal.

1. Yes, he should have played Kitz. He got his highest ranking into the top 20 so that was worth it.

2. German NOC didn't pick him when they had initial nominations as has been said so many times. Since you don't understand the 6 week deadline for tournaments. Kitz, Hamburg and Stuttgart closing dates were before the NOC decided to nominate him for the Games.

3. I gave you the Seppi example of the Italians doing it right and the player scheduled for it.

Is it that hard to understand if the NOC selected him and Mayer when they should have. Then he changes his schedule accordingly? Once you fathom this, then there is progress.

NOC stuffed up with their late nomination. Kohli made his choices to play these summer clay events and the consequence of both decisions was that he missed the Olympics.

Nadal and Federer are nearly always going deep in events and winning plenty of tournaments a year. The fact Kohlschreiber doesn't seems to be lost on you as well. Those 2 are irrelevant in this issue.

Eden
07-28-2012, 08:40 PM
According to the German Olympic Sports Confederation Kohli has an
adductor strain in the right thigh

Matt01
07-28-2012, 08:44 PM

Which is a shame. Shame on Kohli for not doing it like Nadal and Federer and NOT tank :rolleyes:

motorhead
07-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Just hand Ferrer the title already. :facepalm:

:haha:

Allez
07-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Why Kohli, why? SMH. He should have been in London a week ago practicing...

abraxas21
07-28-2012, 09:28 PM
i like kohli but really, he should be stripped away of his top 100 ranking for 2 years after this stunt.

abraxas21
07-28-2012, 09:31 PM
actually, the german federation takes most of the blame for nominating him instead of haas in the first place, especially knowing that kohli was gonna play a clay court event just the week before the olympics.

kohli shouldn't have accepted the invitation to play the olympics knowing he had a contrat.

156mphserve
07-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Daniel Nestor into the singles event as an alternate, make it happen:D

Jon.
07-28-2012, 10:10 PM
:facepalm:

On a bright side, atleast Kavcic will get 3 or 4 games now :lol:

motorhead
07-28-2012, 10:19 PM

:haha:

Hypnotize
07-28-2012, 10:50 PM
I know it's slim pickings at this stage but who wants to see Nester play? :confused:

Hopefully Blaz takes advantage of this opportunity and wins tomorrow.

EternalxJourney
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm stunned. Why oh why didn't he tank earlier in the tournament? I just can't comprehend the logic of playing a clay tourney a week before the Olympics, taking place on a surface he has had good success on. I'm beyond disappointed.

Best of luck recovering.

KarlyM
07-28-2012, 11:36 PM
http://www.emotihost.com/computer1/18.gif

redshift36188
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
It's true Kohli has been pushed around and had contracts and all that but if he argues he could have lost early why didn't he tank his first or second match? I'm sure a top player can do it without looking suspicious.

Ibracadabra
07-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Whos taking his place? a german? kas?

leng jai
07-29-2012, 12:50 AM
The German Federation doing everything they can to ensure they don't get a medal. Poor Haas probably worked doubly hard to come back so he could come back in time to represent his country.

No matter how you spin it was stupid for Kohli to make it to the final in Kitz.

Julián Santiago
07-29-2012, 01:04 AM
The alternate is Schwank? Or is Llodra?

Is a german player or the highest ranked of the doubles player?

I want to see Mirnyi playing singles again... :superlol:

BroTree123
07-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Expected. Clownschreiber's scheduling is awful.

Well at least Ferrer the GOAT can roll on now. Good for the game.

What a vulture

Took the words right out of my mouth :lol:

dencod16
07-29-2012, 03:30 AM
The alternate is Schwank? Or is Llodra?

Is a german player or the highest ranked of the doubles player?

I want to see Mirnyi playing singles again... :superlol:

Highest ranked singles ranking as of july 23, 2012. They can only pick in the doubles though.

dencod16
07-29-2012, 03:44 AM
The highest ranked singles player in the doubles is vishnu varhdan, so he should get it, cause there is only two players left with a singles ranking him and cabal.

orangehat
07-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Kohli :hug:

Petzschner will win the Gold now for sure :rolls:

Chase Visa
07-29-2012, 05:26 AM
lol why would you play and not tank Kitzhubel before the Olympics?

Julián Santiago
07-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Llodra is 75, Schwank is 143 in singles, why Vardhan?

Arkulari
07-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Kohli dude...

nellis_lv
07-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Llodra is 75, Schwank is 143 in singles, why Vardhan?

I think it's because the French and Argentines already put in the maximum of 4 players in singles.

Julián Santiago
07-29-2012, 05:57 AM
I think it's because the French and Argentines already put in the maximum of 4 players in singles.

Oh Yes, I forgot about that :smash:

Bad news if a player like Vardhan enters the main draw, it`s better to put Daniel Nestor, Mirnyi, Paes or Lindsted in the MD insted of him :rolls:

Honestly
07-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Since Kohli beat Nadull every thread about him is stacked with comments :worship:

HKz
07-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Really.. That is quite pathetic from Philipp, I'm really disappointed in him for sure. I mean he is at his highest career ranking, he is arguably playing his best tennis ever on grass and this Olympic games at Wimbledon had to be a really great shot for him to do something.

nellis_lv
07-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Oh Yes, I forgot about that :smash:

Bad news if a player like Vardhan enters the main draw, it`s better to put Daniel Nestor, Mirnyi, Paes or Lindsted in the MD insted of him :rolls:

I'd love to see Max take one more shot at singles. I think he'd be the fav against Kavcic too.

He owned the opening ceremony the other night.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4749/48653510151161658584175.jpg

Julián Santiago
07-29-2012, 06:40 AM
I'd love to see Max take one more shot at singles. I think he'd be the fav against Kavcic too.

What a legend :worship:

He will destroy Kavcic, that`s for sure

EddieNero
07-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Genius.

Pea
07-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Indeed :drool:

Jverweij
07-29-2012, 07:22 AM
ugh Kohli... I'm sure he had obligations and all, but why not pull out if you don't feel 100%? I'd think the Olympics means something to these guys.

I feel sorry for Tommy aswell, he could have gone far if he had been allowed to play. This situation has left us with losers only... it's a shame.

Dougie
07-29-2012, 09:25 AM
actually, the german federation takes most of the blame for nominating him instead of haas in the first place, especially knowing that kohli was gonna play a clay court event just the week before the olympics.

kohli shouldn't have accepted the invitation to play the olympics knowing he had a contrat.

I'm stunned. Why oh why didn't he tank earlier in the tournament? I just can't comprehend the logic of playing a clay tourney a week before the Olympics, taking place on a surface he has had good success on. I'm beyond disappointed.

Best of luck recovering.

It's true Kohli has been pushed around and had contracts and all that but if he argues he could have lost early why didn't he tank his first or second match? I'm sure a top player can do it without looking suspicious.

It´s easy to say now he should have tanked. But if he´d tanked, he would have gotten even more crap, since everyone expected him to do that even before the tournament started. It´s not like it was an easy situation for him, he had a contract with kitzbuhel, then he was nominated, and he obviously didn´t want to tank ( which is actually admirable). Should he have turned down the spot at the Olympics? Maybe, but how many athletes would have declined to play at the Olympic games, seriously?? It´s tough luck, and Kohli is probably more pissed than anone else, but it´s not like it was an easy situation for him to begin with.

STUHL
07-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Well he signed at contract with bet-at-home earlier this year, so he had to play Hamburg and kitzbühel and he sigened it when he wasn't nominated. But of course he should have withdrawn from Kitzbühel or at least tank early.

cardio
07-29-2012, 10:16 AM
AJ, you are defending undefendable position here. Make a poll : was it smart to play Kitzbühel all the way until final ?, and admire results of it . You may be right though that perhaps he had different priorities than most of players . Maybe he didnt want to play Olympics in the first place, who knows ? But then he should have declared it ages ago to avoid confusion .

And I never said he was a lock to medal. I said he had good chance to fight for it: excellent results from grass , his confidence high and the best position in the draw he could get. No Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga in his quarter was major advantage, how often you get draws like this on important tournaments ?

Now we have even weaker top half than it was before and less interesting matches on Olympics. Ferru vs well rested Kohls in 2nd round would have been excellent match, now David has walking byes until Del Potro . I dont know how much Kohls won out of it and I dont want to know. What I know that fans and spectators lost .

Action Jackson
07-29-2012, 10:28 AM
No, cardio you don't get it. I've explained the circumstances with the late nominations, his contractual obligations and making his schedule to cover the fact he wasn't nominated initially. No, he isn't among the very elite who can afford to tank early, especially in this event where his sponsor is the one that has the licence.

Anyone can be smart after the event, in fact this place is full of mensa members after the event. If you aren't willing to look at all the factors in the Kohli farce, then that's your problem.

Haase played Kitz won it and was able to make London.

Li Ching Yuen
07-29-2012, 10:32 AM
No matter how many times you will repeat it some people will still chose to not understand it or even read the facts.

Nagime
07-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, Haase is in London, probably to take a walk and possibly to try anything with other people at the Olympic Village because no way he can be serious about getting a run there - of course, he have to try, but even ie knows that he has 0% chances.

Beat
07-29-2012, 06:01 PM
worst scheduling ever.

Matt01
07-29-2012, 06:07 PM
AJ spreading the truth and making sense in this thread :hearts: :worship:

Eden
07-29-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm curious to hear what Tommy has to say about Kohli playing a tournament on clay the week before the Olympic Games...

Well, Tommy hasn't said anything yet but his manager Edwin Weindorfer was stated in the German media:

"There was no bigger goal for Tommy as the Olympic Games. Phillip Kohlschreiber and Florian Mayer obviously have a different attitude towards the Games which can't be shared by Tommy."

According to Weindorfer Tommy would be extremely disappointed about the whole situation.

Boris Becker also criticizes Kohlschreiber and Mayer. He said that the topstars Federer, Djokovic and Murray would have declared this tournament to the highlight of the season and he wouldn't understand why Kohlschreiber and Mayer see it differently. Becker added that he would have made a 3 weeks trainings camp to prepare for the Olympic Games if they had been in London during his career and wouldn't have travelled to Kitzbühel. He said that the withdraws from Mayer and Kohlschreiber won't be helpful to promote German tennis and that it wouldn't be a surprise than that the German ATP players wouldn't be as popular as the German WTA players...

Wolfy
07-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Stupid fuck

Mateya
07-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Kohli :hug:

I'm sure he could beat Kavcic on grass even without his leg. :)