Kitzbühel SF: Kohlschreiber def. Volandri 6-7 (6) 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kitzbühel SF: Kohlschreiber def. Volandri 6-7 (6) 6-2 6-2

Action Jackson
07-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Kohli should have won in 2 sets, very hot conditions but good he is in the final and never bad when Volandri loses.

duong
07-27-2012, 03:54 PM
World number 16 :yeah: (he will not get better if he wins the final)

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
I guess Kohli isn't going to tank now :p Win the title Kohli :rocker2:

rocketassist
07-27-2012, 03:57 PM
:lol:

He will win it now.

motorhead
07-27-2012, 04:02 PM
the guy who was supposed to tank against attila balazs

n3gative
07-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Guess he was serious about winning the tournament, new career high ranking!

STUHL
07-27-2012, 04:19 PM
World Number 16 now. Didin't thought I say this after last year US Open were he dropped out of the Top 50. He will be seeded at Masters 1000. Now win it all please! :)

Helevorn
07-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Wow, he saved tennis and he has good chances to win the tournament! ;).

Mateya
07-27-2012, 04:27 PM
I really can't wait to see him playing in London one day after this final. :eek: Has this ever happened before. If he could at least play on monday.

He plays Kavčič there, who hasn't won a grass match in his life I think, so he probably isn't too worried...

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 04:28 PM
KholiGOAT

Lugburz
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
enough with the tanking again :p He's true athlete

CooCooCachoo
07-27-2012, 04:43 PM
:yeah: Kohli

Bye Volandri. It's bad enough he reached the semis to boost his ranking.

dencod16
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
World number 16 :yeah: (he will not get better if he wins the final)

His 17th not 16th. Both him and Nishikori will have 1680, however nishikori has more combined slams and master points 460 + 595 = 1045 while Kohli has 595 + 260 = 855.

duong
07-27-2012, 05:28 PM
His 17th not 16th. Both him and Nishikori will have 1680, however nishikori has more combined slams and master points 460 + 595 = 1045 while Kohli has 595 + 260 = 855.

1685 for Kohli for me : replaces 65 from Beijing with 150 from Kitz

dencod16
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
1685 for Kohli for me : replaces 65 from Beijing with 150 from Kitz

ok didn't see that. Well congrats to him, ridiculous th gap between 16 and 21, 85 points.

jjc225
07-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I always thought, in terms of talent level, Kohlschreiber was basically equivalent with Baghdatis, although of course they have different playing styles. But I always thought they were basically on the same level, in terms of possibilities with their career trajectories. It is interesting to note that now Baghdatis is ranked 44 and had reached as high as #8 back in 2006. They are both about the same age, but right now it is Kohlschreiber on the upward path and Bagdatis, who knows? It still remains to be seen if Kohlschreiber will ever be able to reach as high as #8, which Baghdatis accomplished. But I always see these two as rather similar.

misty1
07-27-2012, 06:25 PM
i really wish he would have tanked here because i really thought he had a legitamate chance at a medal but i just cant see him even winning his first round now and if he does there is no way he gets past ferrer

on the other hand i guess if you weigh the fact that he could get his 5th title and has reached the top 20 for the first time in his career it might be worth it

duong
07-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I always thought, in terms of talent level, Kohlschreiber was basically equivalent with Baghdatis, although of course they have different playing styles. But I always thought they were basically on the same level, in terms of possibilities with their career trajectories. It is interesting to note that now Baghdatis is ranked 44 and had reached as high as #8 back in 2006. They are both about the same age, but right now it is Kohlschreiber on the upward path and Bagdatis, who knows? It still remains to be seen if Kohlschreiber will ever be able to reach as high as #8, which Baghdatis accomplished. But I always see these two as rather similar.

I hope so, but Kohli is one year and 8 months older than Baghdatis.

Baghdatis's trajectory I rather compare with Wawrinka and Almagro who are the same age as him.

Eden
07-27-2012, 06:33 PM
World number 16 :yeah:

Hope it's worth it for him that he risked his chances at the Olympic for this.

Not only the grass season this year has shown how good he can play on grass and the best of 3 modus in London would have been a good chance for him to go far at the tournament but I don't know how much he will have left in the tank now, adding to this having not really that much time to adjust to grass again.

His ranking would have improved anyway if he keeps up the level of play which he has delivered at the past tournaments but to get to play on grass at the Olympics whilst being in a good form is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Hope he won't regret it later on that he didn't arrived in best preparation for this tournament.

Anyway, congrats of reaching the final and good luck in this match.

duong
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Hope it's worth it for him that he risked his chances at the Olympic for this.

Not only the grass season this year has shown how good he can play on grass and the best of 3 modus in London would have been a good chance for him to go far at the tournament but I don't know how much he will have left in the tank now, adding to this having not really that much time to adjust to grass again.

His ranking would have improved anyway if he keeps up the level of play which he has delivered at the past tournaments but to get to play on grass at the Olympics whilst being in a good form is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Hope he won't regret it later on that he didn't arrived in best preparation for this tournament.

Anyway, congrats of reaching the final and good luck in this match.

Maybe but I prefer thinking that "you know what you have now, you don't know what you will have in the future" :D

he took part in Kitzbühel probably because of old engagements when he presumably couldn't play the Olympics because of the German committee. I guess he couldn't cancel that then had to be in Kitzbühel in the middle of this week anyway, then anyway he wouldn't have had a lot of time in London to prepare. And Ferrer I think is still underrated in this forum.

That being said, the draw in Kitzbühel was really opened to catch that opportunity now, about the future you never know, there are not so many poor draws in the year.

He will be ranked 16 and have a bye in Toronto's first round, it's not bad :D

Besides, he's number 14 in the Race and can get even higher.

Ps : the 3 Kitzbühel's semifinalists who will take part in the Olympics will reach their highest carreer ranking next monday thanks to their Kitzbühel result : Kohli number 16, Haase number 36 (or 33 if he wins ... and he will lose later his points from Kitz' 2011 then it's even more important for him to take benefit of now), Klizan between 51 and 53.

BroTree123
07-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Thanks for cleaning up my garbage AJ :yeah:

Arkulari
07-28-2012, 07:07 AM
:lol: now this is professional vulturing :p

Win the title now, Kohli :yeah: