who is the crowd favorite player [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

who is the crowd favorite player

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Who do you think recieves maximum support from the crowd? For the sake of discussion, lets leave out home countries.
I think that federer edges out everyone on most courts in the world, including nadal at RG (that may be the underdog factor).
I think it's safe to assume that one of the top 4 will get the vote.
So lets vote and see how close it is.
P.s. not asking your favorite player but the crowd favorite in general.

Say Hey Kid
07-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Solid question posed here in this thread

My vote goes to Fed.

Lazyking
07-27-2012, 02:18 AM
I don't really know how it could be anybody but Federer. I don't think any of the four have some dynamic personality that would captivate the crowd to get them on their side so it comes down to play.

DemiCrayanhan
07-27-2012, 02:19 AM
rhetorical, right?

Travod
07-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Tsonga :P

jerrard
07-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Obviously Federer

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 02:25 AM
I don't really know how it could be anybody but Federer. I don't think any of the four have some dynamic personality that would captivate the crowd to get them on their side so it comes down to play.

Yes. Personalitywise this has to be the worst era (barring djokovic's stale imitations). It has to come down to level of play, but also to how much the crowd wants a player to win.
Federer has established himself as GOAT and no one wants his career to end. This may be a major factor.

Choreos
07-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Who do you think recieves maximum support from the crowd? For the sake of discussion, lets leave out home countries.
I think that federer edges out everyone on most courts in the world, including nadal at RG (that may be the underdog factor).
I think it's safe to assume that one of the top 4 will get the vote.
So lets vote and see how close it is.
P.s. not asking your favorite player but the crowd favorite in general.

Nadal is not popular at RG.

nastoff
07-27-2012, 02:40 AM
pointless poll but I posted the ploody plobvious.

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 02:54 AM
pointless poll but I posted the ploody plobvious.

Thank you for the kindness.
seriously though, the complete lack of votes for djoko and rafa surprises me. I did expect fed to win but is he always favorite? Or are there tournaments where they are favorites.
Murray is popular only in England.

viruzzz
07-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Fed, but if he plays to a local guy (specially if he's a young guy), the other one would recieve more support.

But, overall, I think Federer.

Sri
07-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Federer by far:
* Beautiful tennis
* Excellent on-court demeanour
* No time wasting, no cheating, no fake medical timeouts, no desperate tactics
* Pretty hair
* Beautiful twins
* Intelligent interviews, funny, relates to the crowds
* Mega marketing machine
* Decade of brand building
* Legend status

AntiTennis
07-27-2012, 03:30 AM
MTF agree in something..:scared:

Juz78
07-27-2012, 03:34 AM
Federer by far:
* Beautiful tennis
* Pretty hair
* Beautiful twins
* Mega marketing machine
* Legend status

It is hard to compete with Fed overall...

Murray - often appears grumpy/angry on court and seems very awkward in interviews, sometimes looks/sounds like tennis is too much effort

Nadal - dubious routines, time wasting, gamesmanship and awkward interviews, grunts

Djokovic - Slow start to his career in terms of always being seen as a tier below (until recently), used to have a lot of medical time outs, withdraws. Has been hostile to crowds in the past. Grunts. Rips shirts etc...

The only negative some people might see in Federer is what they perceive as "arrogance" which I don't believe myself. I think he's just honest and mostly says it how it is. I'd rather that than false modesty

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 03:40 AM
It is hard to compete with Fed overall...

Murray - often appears grumpy/angry on court and seems very awkward in interviews, sometimes looks/sounds like tennis is too much effort

Nadal - dubious routines, time wasting, gamesmanship and awkward interviews, grunts

Djokovic - Slow start to his career in terms of always being seen as a tier below (until recently), used to have a lot of medical time outs, withdraws. Has been hostile to crowds in the past. Grunts. Rips shirts etc...

The only negative some people might see in Federer is what they perceive as "arrogance" which I don't believe myself. I think he's just honest and mostly says it how it is. I'd rather that than false modesty

I think federer's calm demeanor is what draws the crowd towards him. He generally seems to exude a quiet confidence which is kind if infectious.

mooncreek
07-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Obviously Federer. What makes Roger's case remarkable is that you don't really hear the crowd as much in Switzerland as you do in other countries - the lack of crowd was a factor in US beating Switzerland in Davis Cup.

Absolute Anthropoid
07-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Luckerer of course.

BroTree123
07-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Disgusting Fedull thread IMO.

Arkulari
07-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Roger of course, you would be hard pressed to find an athlete that is more famous and liked than him (maybe only Messi or Ronaldo)

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Disgusting Fedull thread IMO.

So even haters like you think federer is the most popular player on tour. That should put a seal on this thread.

Pirata.
07-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Federer by far:
* Beautiful tennis
* Pretty hair
* Beautiful twins
* Mega marketing machine
* Legend status

:lol:

Pirata.
07-27-2012, 05:17 AM
MTF agree in something..:scared:

Only one other thread has come close http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=12013915

jojoh07
07-27-2012, 05:40 AM
federer obv

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 05:46 AM
If home crowds were allowed, do you think murray could win this poll?

Art&Soul
07-27-2012, 06:27 AM
FedGOD:banana::banana::banana:

Johnbert
07-27-2012, 06:32 AM
voted for murray cause i thought the question is "who is the crowd favorite? (at the olympics)"

next time i should read more precise.

:facepalm:

abraxas21
07-27-2012, 06:43 AM
voted for murray to see that my vote for him is only the third. federer has 11 times that figure with 33. djoko and nadal stand proud at 0

Andy1402
07-27-2012, 06:44 AM
It's a little sad that a 31 year old "over the hill" player gets more support than 3 players in their absolute prime.

Puschkin
07-27-2012, 06:57 AM
It's a little sad that a 31 year old "over the hill" player gets more support than 3 players in their absolute prime.
:haha: That says something about their prime.

Johnbert
07-27-2012, 07:04 AM
oh, nadal has his 1st vote :worship:

duong
07-27-2012, 07:04 AM

it's quite a common phenomenon that people get attached to an old player.

Connors for instance received much more support as an old player than as a young one.

But Fed has always had a special status and what's remarkable is that even when winning a lot and it could become boring, he kept it. Some people felt it boring but not many ones.

Obviously Federer. What makes Roger's case remarkable is that you don't really hear the crowd as much in Switzerland as you do in other countries - the lack of crowd was a factor in US beating Switzerland in Davis Cup.

that Davis cup was special : even being in a very tight match, people were there smiling, just as if being there for an exhibition of the "king" actually, one must say that Fed had not lost a singles Davis cup match since 2003 against Hewitt but still that's also related to Fed's status in the Swiss press : that press seems to take everything he wins as a given "only normal for his genius" :lol: the Swiss relativize a lot, and that was their way to relativize and keep unemotional.

duong
07-27-2012, 07:05 AM
voted for murray cause i thought the question is "who is the crowd favorite? (at the olympics)"

next time i should read more precise.

:facepalm:

so it was you ? :haha:

when I voted it was 31-1 :lol:

Johnbert
07-27-2012, 07:08 AM
so it was you ? :haha:

when I voted it was 31-1 :lol:

my vote was the 2nd for murray :D

duong
07-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Roger of course, you would be hard pressed to find an athlete that is more famous and liked than him (maybe only Messi or Ronaldo)

http://www.amerique24.com/Federer-provoque-une-vive-emotion-en-Argentine_a1312.html

Federer provoque une vive émotion en Argentine
Jeudi 3 Mai 2012 - 17:49
Pour le match exhibition qu’il disputera à Buenos Aires le 12 décembre prochain, Roger Federer est attendu par plus de 20 000 fans du champion suisse.

Un match exhibition que l’ancien n°1 mondial disputera contre l’idole locale, Juan Martin Del Potro et qui le réjouit, les deux joueurs entretenant une excellente relation sur le circuit. C’est lors du dernier tournoi de Miami que Federer a donné son accord pour visiter pour la première fois le sol argentin. La venue du champion de tennis est très attendue en argentine où le suisse est une véritable idole, à l’instar d’un Rafael Nadal. Afin de découvrir les coulisses de ce match exhibition, nous reproduisons les propos parus récemment dans « La Nacion » de Guillermo Marin, le promoteur de l’évènement, connu dans le monde du sport pour avoir organisé des matchs de foot avec Ronaldinho et Messi. L’an dernier, Marin avait organisé dans la banlieue de Buenos Aires, à Tigre, un match exhibition entre Pete Sampras et André Agassi, deux anciens numéro uns mondiaux.

« Quand on a eu la confirmation de la venue de Federer, j’ai reçu un nombre incroyable d’appels de gens voulant acheter des billets. Cela m’a beaucoup surpris. C’est donc pourquoi j’ai décidé de monter un stade de 20 000 personnes, qui va être une infrastructure spectaculaire permettant d’accueillir de nombreux VIP ainsi que le concert qu’on va organiser la veille. Il y aura également 20 000 places de parking. L’incroyable ferveur autour de Federer en Argentine est tout à fait semblable à celle autour de Lionel Messi. Il va venir ici avec 2 ou 3 amis ainsi que son imprésario et il logera à l’hôtel Algodón Mansión dans le quartier de Recoleta. Nous avons prévu qu’il rencontre un groupe d’enfants pour un clinic et il y aura un dîner organisé en son honneur entouré de VIP triés sur le volet. C’est peut-être la première et la dernière fois que Roger viendra en Argentine. Qu’il vienne ici, c’est comme si les Beatles débarquaient à Buenos Aires ! Je suis sûr que Roger aurait pu remplir 10 fois le stade de River Plate. Roger, c’est John Lennon ! Au niveau ferveur, il va dépasser ce qu’on a connu avec Borg, Mc Enroe ou Connors ! »

La venue de Federer en Argentine n’est pas gratuite puisque la presse argentine annonce que le champion suisse recevra la somme de 2,5 millions de dollars pour sa participation. Quand au prix des billets, la presse locale annonce un prix compris entre 400 et 1500 dollars, ce qui parait tout de même excessif…

it's a French article, but they quote an interview in "La Nacion" in Argentina of Guillermo Marin, promoter of the exhibition between Fed and Del Potro on the 12th of december in Buenos-Aires, and who has previously organized football matches with Ronaldinho and Messi and, last year, an exhibition between Sampras and Agassi in Buenos-Aires suburbs.

He says that he received an incredible number of calls after Fed confirmed this exho, that he was very surprised then decided to organize it in a stadium with 20.000 people, where they will make a concert previous night. He says that the emotion about Federer is similar to the one with Messi in Argentina. Roger will come with 2 or 3 friends and his manager and live in Algodón Mansión in Recoleta dictrict. He will meet a group of children then have a dinner with selected VIPs. It may be the first and last time Fed comes to Argentina. Him coming here is like the Beatles coming to Buenos-Aires ! He thinks Roger could have filled 10 times River Plate Stadium, it's like John Lennon ! Fed will generate more emotion than Borg, McEnroe or Connors in his opinion.

PS : I love Messi, who is also quite spectacularily loved in the world for a football player due to his genius and nice personality ... quite like Fed ;) (and not like Ronaldo as far as personality is concerned :lol: )

Evitman
07-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Federer get about 70% of crowd support in average.

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
voted Murray, best personality.

MuzzahLovah
07-27-2012, 09:47 AM
This is so dumb. They rooted for Fed even in England against Murray. They love that passive aggressive Neanderthal.

TennisMilan
07-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Federer, I think that's pretty much undeniable.

Sophocles
07-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Federer by an Irish country mile because tennis fans the world over love the fact that somebody can be so successful with such a beautiful game.

samanosuke
07-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Fed's press at Olympic media center attended over 700 journalists while Nole's attended 50 . hope this helps

stanch
07-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Fed, unfortunately.

stanch
07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
This is so dumb. They rooted for Fed even in England against Murray. They love that passive aggressive Neanderthal.

Wow, love your description. :D :yeah:

bokehlicious
07-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Surely Nole is the most popular in Serbia.

bounccer
07-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Obviously Federer.

Nadal has a lot of fans too but he has many more haters in the world than the swiss.

Djokovic came in the wrong moment, almost everybody was already fan of either Federer or Nadal, despite a pretty attractive game overall his popularity outside Serbia is limited. I think it's piss him off.

samanosuke
07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
If Fed is Neanderthal, all other are Australopithecuses

EliSter
07-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Fed's press at Olympic media center attended over 700 journalists while Nole's attended 50 . hope this helps

Im sure our beloved Rogi will soon take over Nole too in Serbia :( Nothing can stop that beloved human to rise to God level even in Serbia. Keep praying to your Rogi posters.

samanosuke
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Im sure our beloved Rogi will soon take over Nole too in Serbia :( Nothing can stop that beloved human to rise to God level even in Serbia. Keep praying to your Rogi posters.

Nope. That's impossible in Balkan nations, nations full of blind nationalism. They are ready to die for its own

Gagsquet
07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Gasquet is loved all around the world. He was supported over Federer in Rome 11.

EliSter
07-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Nope. That's impossible in Balkan nations, nations full of blind nationalism. They are ready to die for its own

Dont wanna start that theme,and i belive in Rogi he can convert unfaithfull.

IOFH
07-27-2012, 03:51 PM
If it's not against Nadal in Madrid or Murray in Wimby or WTF, Fed gets more support.

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Gasquet is loved all around the world. He was supported over Federer in Rome 11.

Richy and Roger are not THAT far apart I guess, you must have miss-heard the crowd ;)

tripwires
07-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Dont wanna start that theme,and i belive in Rogi he can convert unfaithfull.

Like yourself? :D :hearts:

duong
07-27-2012, 04:04 PM

I was there to watch Fed-Gasquet in Paris-Bercy 2010 and 2011 : many Fed-caps in the public and the initial cheer was greater for Fed, during the match there was a polite support for Gasquet which seemed rather intended for him not to lose too harshly (typical comments in the public "you can do it, Richard", then laughs :lol: typically French ;)), and when Fed won, the public sounded very happy :lol:

Gagsquet
07-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I was there to watch Fed-Gasquet in Paris-Bercy 2010 and 2011 : many Fed-caps in the public and the initial cheer was greater for Fed, during the match there was a polite support for Gasquet which seemed rather intended for him not to lose too harshly (typical comments in the public "you can do it, Richard", then laughs :lol: typically French ;)), and when Fed won, the public sounded very happy :lol:

You're a liar and you are mean.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-27-2012, 04:36 PM
You kidding ?
Fed,Obviously.

Lugburz
07-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Baghdatis ;)

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 04:38 PM
You're a liar and you are mean.

I concur with this. It cannot be true that GOATsquet is not even loved in France.

Andresito
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
(by the way all the money numbers are in Argentine pesos, that is around 5 times less than US dollars : Fed received 500.000 US dollars for that and the prices of the tickets are between 45 and 350 US dollars ;) )

No.

Federer did receive 2,5 millon dollars for his participation.

The cheapest ticket was US$ 170 (more or less), and there were very few of them.

In promedium, the overall ticket was US$ 350.

Multiply that for 20.000 seats, plus sponsors...

PS: I'm really bitter because I could not afford the ticket. And despite the high price, it was a sold out in 24 hs.
PS2: related to the topic, yes, it's always Federer the crowd favourite.

Lugburz
07-27-2012, 04:56 PM

amagawd, who's blind here? :p

motorhead
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
no one mentioned alessio di mauro.

SerialKillerToBe
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Federer. Unfortunately all sports are dominated by dirty glory hunters. Even worse than nationalists like me. Glory hunters like the Fedscum on this board are the lowest of the low.

duong
07-27-2012, 05:08 PM
No.

Federer did receive 2,5 millon dollars for his participation.

The cheapest ticket was US$ 170 (more or less), and there were very few of them.

In promedium, the overall ticket was US$ 350.

Ok sorry I didn't intend to lie :lol:

I had corrected the article's assertion based on Viruzz's first reaction saying "200 to 1500 pesos. That's something like 45 to 350 dollars." which was far less than what the article said.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11959873&postcount=1738

But I see that Viruzz recently posted another post with prices similar to yours :

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=12222375&postcount=1784

On the topic, Viruzz also said that "the tickets were sold out in less than a day for the first match" and that "Some months ago, BaTennis (An important tennis website in Buenos Aires) made a poll about who's the favorite player. And Roger won that poll over Del Potro and Nalbandian (2nd and 3rd place)."

mystic ice cube
07-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Federer. Unfortunately all sports are dominated by dirty glory hunters. Even worse than nationalists like me. Glory hunters like the Fedscum on this board are the lowest of the low.
I work my ass off 6 days a week. I give my mother money every week. I have many friends, and a family who I care dearly about. I named my dog after my late grandfather. Last week I bought my girlfriend a bouquet of flowers & took her out for a meal.

I am also a Federer fan. Lets disregard everything, I am now automatically scum :D fucking idiots on this board, you never cease to amaze me.

Johnbert
07-27-2012, 05:16 PM

are you really 32 years old?!

redshift36188
07-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Roger by a long mile, several times he even gets the crowd behind him when he's against a home player.

Tsonga comes 2nd I think but he needs to win a few Slams in order to be known among the general public. His english is very poor though, while Roger's is top notch.

SheenKJohn
07-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I work my ass off 6 days a week. I give my mother money every week. I have many friends, and a family who I care dearly about. I named my dog after my late grandfather. Last week I bought my girlfriend a bouquet of flowers & took her out for a meal.

I am also a Federer fan. Lets disregard everything, I am now automatically scum :D fucking idiots on this board, you never cease to amaze me.

He is noletard nothing more there is to know

SerialKillerToBe
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
What happened Fedtards? Truth hurts?

barbadosan
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM

No, but stupidity irritates

jerrard
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM

Federer has more fans because he is attacking and elegant. Likes of Nadal/Djokovic are boring defensive players.

redshift36188
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
You're being trolled Fedsters. C'mon the man even rocks an avatar of Nole posing as an asshole (not saying he is... only sometimes :devil:).

Gagsquet
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM

http://thebeergod.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/whos-awesome-youre-awesome.jpg

SerialKillerToBe
07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Federer has more fans because he is attacking and elegant. Likes of Nadal/Djokovic are boring defensive players.

If tennis popularity was based purely on attacking tennis then Federer wouldn't even be in the top 10. A good serve does not an offensive player make.

Sophocles
07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
If tennis popularity was based purely on attacking tennis then Federer wouldn't even be in the top 10. A good serve does not an offensive player make.

Just step away from the keyboard son.

Lugburz
07-27-2012, 05:42 PM

amagawd :spit:

Fujee
07-27-2012, 05:58 PM
:lol: Nole trolls are really setting the bar even lower for stupidity on this board.

mystic ice cube
07-27-2012, 07:10 PM
I can't believe a fully grown 32 year old man can have this level of immaturity :sad:

Thanks for the bad rep btw.

Slice Winner
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM

And who would be above him? Rosol, who can't keep the ball in the court? Llodra and Stepanek, who have to struggle to stay in the top 30?
Or your god, No.2vak Djokovic ? :D

Mark Lenders
07-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Hipolymer has a point. If being attacking was the sole criterion to be adored by the crowds, the likes of Golubev, Rosol and co. would be the most popular players around.

In the top 10, it'd be Tsonga, he's definitely more attack-minded than Federer.

Slice Winner
07-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Hipolymer has a point. If being attacking was the sole criterion to be adored by the crowds, the likes of Golubev, Rosol and co. would be the most popular players around.

In the top 10, it'd be Tsonga, he's definitely more attack-minded than Federer.

Hitting the ball into the back fence isn't attacking.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-27-2012, 07:26 PM
rog is peRFect for tennis

the swiss have to be the least hated nation on earth
they are just neutral
federer's style is a throw back to real tennis in a growth hormone era (yea i know you cant say it but its true- and theres no rules against speculation)

Mark Lenders
07-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Hitting the ball into the back fence isn't attacking.

It is not effective, but it is attacking for sure.

Going for broke in every shot - doesn't get any more attacking than that, although it's obviously reckless.

But even in the top 10, Berdych and especially Tsonga are more attack-minded than Federer. Federer can and does defend with the best of them.

Playing attacking tennis is definitely not the only criterion to be loved by the crowds.

mystic ice cube
07-27-2012, 07:56 PM

Going for broke in every shot - doesn't get any more attacking than that, although it's obviously reckless.

Is this the same as saying the more attacking player is the least effective player? I have to agree with Slice Winner on this one. The way I have always looked at attacking tennis is someone who is consistently going for their shots, trying to get a winner. I think Federer most certainly is in this bracket.

Is Tsonga more attacking? He probably is, although what I had a problem with hipolymer saying "A good serve does not an offensive player make", insinuating that Federer is all serve & people mistake him for an attacking player for it which is (obviously) wrong.

viruzzz
07-27-2012, 08:11 PM
PS: I'm really bitter because I could not afford the ticket. And despite the high price, it was a sold out in 24 hs.
PS2: related to the topic, yes, it's always Federer the crowd favourite.

I'm sorry to hear that dude... But I obviously understand you.
I was saving money since March to buy a good ticket, and when I bought it, I couldn't buy the ticket I wanted, they were sold out in less than an hour.

On topic:
I see a lot of haters, as always here. But this is just jealousy, they are really, really bitter about this topic.
They can't stand Roger beeing the more popular, but well... He won that reputation because of his tennis, not other facts as they think.

They're so, so wrong... Better go to their own players' boards, there you can be right about something :wavey: :wavey:

Alex999
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
well, of course it's Fed. not even sure why we need a thread about this. nothing really to discuss to be honest with you. I'm not even sure this should be in GM.

duong
07-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Don't feed the troll :D

But you should have turned his argument : yes he's right Fed is not only loved because he's an attacking player, of course, then it's also probably because he has a nice personality :D

I saw somebody say "he's the favorite one becaue of his game because nobody has personality in the game now".

Let me tell this person that as Tignor said recently, the biggest star tennis had had before Federer was : Björn Borg. No not McEnroe, not Connors, Tignor who is %American says "Borg". And it's true : Borg generated Beatles' crazyness as well in his time.
Why ? well he was fascinating and fashionable, not because he had a very outgoing personality like Connors and McEnroe.

And have you read the polls about past favorite players on MTF ? Who wins ? Edberg and Rafter usually, well there's also Ivanisevic and Agassi in the first places, but it's even more remarkable for Edberg because the players from the 90s clearly have an advantage comparing to the players from the 80s in that poll because of the age of the voters, and that's obvious in the results of the poll. Edberg was at his best in the very beginning of the 90s and faded away in 1993.

And if Hipolymer has a point with the "gloryhunters", he should also realize that :
- Sampras was always very far from Fed's popularity
- Fed has not been number 1 for 2 years now, yet he's kept being by far the most popular player, and rather than fading his popularity even increased ;)

:)

jcempire
07-28-2012, 01:14 AM
R.Nadal

1000%

Roger, Djoker and Andy all look Ugly

Only Nadal looks so handsome

If you not moron, you will like Nadal

Alex999
07-28-2012, 01:45 AM
R.Nadal

1000%

Roger, Djoker and Andy all look Ugly

Only Nadal looks so handsome

If you not moron, you will like Nadal
darn, JC, I feel like a moron now and it's all your fault. hate you right now, you really know how to push my buttons ...:)

Fedex
07-28-2012, 05:50 AM

But even in the top 10, Berdych and especially Tsonga are more attack-minded than Federer. Federer can and does defend with the best of them.

Playing attacking tennis is definitely not the only criterion to be loved by the crowds.

Federer's attacking style, coupled with his versatility is what makes him loved. Federer can attack you in more ways than any of those guys.

sco
07-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Nadal is not popular at RG.

People at RG like Fed because he speaks French.

In general, Fed is popular because he plays beautiful tennis, has a nice, friendly personality, is multi-lingual and very accommodating to the media - all these things make him a poster-child ambassador for tennis.

analysist
07-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Easiest poll ever

Art&Soul
07-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Roger is loved because he plays the most beautiful tennis, that's the main reason the crowd always cheers for him no matter what his opponent :angel:

Arkulari
07-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Murray having more votes than Rafa :spit:

Oh MTF, never change :haha:

atennisfan
07-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Can this poll even get more pointless?

Fed of course.

garad
07-28-2012, 09:27 AM

Change your signature, Djokovic is no longer number 1.
And i find nationalists much worse than glory hunters...and much more dangerous, as the history of Balkans showed...

duarte_a
07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Roger. He doesn't cheat, pick his butt, bounce the ball 1000 times, curse (rarely), ....

Roger is a very likeable guy.

Punky
07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Fed is charning, have great hair, and the only thing thats more beautiful then his family is his genius tennis.

and he gives great interviews.

he is loved every where is goes or play.

Andy1402
07-28-2012, 11:21 AM
When i started this poll, i totally expected federer to win but the margin is unexpected. Don't even nadtards and noletards think their player is better supported?
But i definitely think nadal comes closest in terms of popularity. It all boils down to the style of tennis.
While some people love federer's easy to watch effortless play (me included) others prefer nadal's unbreakable defense. I would say the average popularity would favour federer 65%-35%
who do you think would win this at Rolland garros?.

Choreos
07-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Like I said before, Federer wins at Roland Garros. The french crowd doesn't like Nadal.

Evitman
07-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Last time I checked, Fed is the second most respected person in the whole world, only after Nelson Mandela.

Punky
07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Like I said before, Federer wins at Roland Garros. The french crowd doesn't like Nadal.

True.

even when he was playing in wimby v andy murray aka british hope, he was very loved

tripwires
07-28-2012, 12:05 PM
This thread should have been reserved for after Federer retires. It's pretty meaningless at this point.

Andy1402
07-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Last time I checked, Fed is the second most respected person in the whole world, only after Nelson Mandela.

Check your sources man. No way is that true.

I apologize if this is sarcasm but couldn't detect it.

RForever
07-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Check your sources man. No way is that true.

I apologize if this is sarcasm but couldn't detect it.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/09/Features/Federer-Mandela-Most-Respected.aspx

Andy1402
07-28-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/09/Features/Federer-Mandela-Most-Respected.aspx

Wow..thanks man. Totally made my day. He does have a very pleasing personality ('boring' according to some people).

JMan22
07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
I think it's pretty clear that most of the crowds seem to love Federer. I'd have said that Murray had the least support of the lot but his Wimbledon performance might have won a few people over. I wouldn't be shocked if he starts gathering a larger fanbase over time who really want to see him win that major. About time as well!