Karlovic withdraws, Petzschner in !?!?!?! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Karlovic withdraws, Petzschner in !?!?!?!

uxyzapenje
07-26-2012, 10:05 PM
http://2012.itftennis.com/olympics/news/articles/london-2012-karlovic-withdraws,-petzschner-in.aspx

'Croatia’s Ivo Karlovic has been forced to withdraw from the Olympic Tennis Event, having been unable to recover from a foot injury sustained since July.

That means that Germany’s Philipp Petzschner, already competing in the doubles with Christopher Kas, takes Karlovic’s place in the men’s singles draw and will face Slovak Lukas Lacko in the opening round.'

What kind of stupid rule is this? :stupid:

Edit: Get well soon Karlo :sad:

Looner
07-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Haas should have been allowed in :(. Grrr.

uxyzapenje
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Exactly what i thought :mad:

pusher for life
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
i dont know whats gonna happen but one thing i know is that the vulture's gonna benefit from this situation

nellis_lv
07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Great for Petzsche !

Can't wait to see what kind of Germany-inspired socks he rocks.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2568/nationsocks.jpg

Chase Visa
07-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Exactly what i thought :mad:

Alternates come from doubles players. Besides, Haas is in Washington.

Lugburz
07-27-2012, 03:04 AM
time to make some art Picasso :yeah: he'll make QF's, don't ask, just book it!

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 03:10 AM
time to make some art Picasso :yeah: he'll make QF's, don't ask, just book it!

But...? Oh screw it, I'll just book it. Anything for you master :worship:

viruzzz
07-27-2012, 03:40 AM
:sad:
Well... it's okay, Ivo.

I'm happy Haas is not going to play this. I see him winning more points in Washington.

BroTree123
07-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Haas could have gone far :sad:

Would have look forward to seeing him hand bakery products to Clownbandian or Shitsarevic :sad:

motorhead
07-27-2012, 03:53 AM
i dont know whats gonna happen but one thing i know is that the vulture's gonna benefit from this situation

:haha::haha:

duong
07-27-2012, 05:20 AM
highest-ranked doubles player : frankly speaking Petzschner is a very good choice considering that rule :yeah: , it might have been worse the Colombian Cabal or very badly ranked Chinese in 2008.

Johnbert
07-27-2012, 05:24 AM
now with petzsche in, fed's gold medal is in extreme danger!

Pea
07-27-2012, 05:51 AM
In all honesty, it's karlovic's fault. If he withdrew around the same time nadal and monfils, I think haas would've made the trip to London.

Edit: was haas even on the alternate list?

duong
07-27-2012, 06:23 AM
In all honesty, it's karlovic's fault. If he withdrew around the same time nadal and monfils, I think haas would've made the trip to London.

no because the German committee didn't ask him to enter

His only chance to come would have been that the German committee asked him top come : he would probably have received an invitation from the ITF (not sure because the ITF gives priority to players who have been highly concerned with the Davis cup)

... or if he had been entered in doubles ;)

Hypnotize
07-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Did Haas make himself available for Davis Cup in the last two years? If not, then he had zero chance of competing at OG.

Julián Santiago
07-27-2012, 08:36 AM
He played this year in the quarterfinals.

cardio
07-27-2012, 08:43 AM

I dont think it is Karlos fault. He seems like fair guy, he knew he cant play if he limped on crutches few days ago. But problem is : there are lot of "Support team " in every country delegation : coaches, doctors, national Olympic Committe officials. More athletes from certain country means more support team from same country. If Karlo withdrew too early, before accreditation, one member of support team has to leave also.

We have same problem in Estonia. If an athlete qualifies to Olympics, they send him, injured or not, in form or not, because more athletes means more support team.And every sports official wants to be on Olympics, they dont want to go home because one athlete is injured and cannot compete ...

Lugburz
07-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Did Haas make himself available for Davis Cup in the last two years? If not, then he had zero chance of competing at OG.

Haas has always been available to represent his country, you'll see it in all his interviews.