Olympic draw bottom half wtf? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olympic draw bottom half wtf?

Leo
07-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Federer draws Tipsarevic, Ferrer, and Delpo.

Other half has Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, with Roddick as a potential 2nd round opponent for Djokovic.

Umm.:scratch: :scratch: :tape: :tape: :tape: :stupid: :secret: :scratch: That's fishy.

kenneth79
07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Federer draws Tipsarevic, Ferrer, and Delpo.

Other half has Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, with Roddick as a potential 2nd round opponent for Djokovic.

Umm.:scratch: :scratch: :tape: :tape: :tape: :stupid: :secret: :scratch: That's fishy.

Perhaps the draw fixing will finally benefit Federer:worship:
Fed-Murray USO SF here we go;)

Leo
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM

That's a given.

duarte_a
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM

Now that's the one I want to see.

Looner
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
What an interesting and nowhere-else-discussed subject.

GSMnadal
07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Story of Muger Frauderer's career :(

Come on people, are we ever done with this draw rigging rubbish. If it was always well balanced, then there would be more reason to be suspicious.

Imperfect Angel
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Julian Benneteau may upset Fed.:oh:

HoorayBeer
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Uncle Toni must hate Novak bouncing the ball 100 times btwn points as much as I do.

nellis_lv
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I knew after the ratings boost at Wimbledon, Federer would likely get much easier draws.

Djoko/Nadal will get much harder ones for the time-being.

Just the nature of the game.

EddieNero
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
The draw was rigged before Nadal declared his withdrawal so naturally Federer took the full advantange of Rafito's family fixing.

Looner
07-26-2012, 02:55 PM
This is what happens when RN is not in the tournament and Toni does not have to get involved. Just goes to show how truly fearsome of a fixer the Don is.

philosophicalarf
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Same as Wim, Fed gets a bye to the semis.

jcempire
07-26-2012, 02:57 PM

What you mean Finally?

Draw benefit Federer for almost 7 years as He got No 1 seed.

Only few times because He as No3 seed. where he draw Djoker in semi

Chirag
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
and Nadals draw in US Open 2010 wasnt fishy :scratch:

Thing is people get lucky draws ,end of it .This is grass and best of 3 ,best chances of an upset come here

scarecrows
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Same as Wim, Fed gets a bye to the semis.

being 2 points away from defeat is not a bye, is it?

sometimes difficult draws on paper can become difficult and vice versa

that said, as a Federer fan I´m very happy with the draw

kenneth79
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
What you mean Finally?

Draw benefit Federer for almost 7 years as He got No 1 seed.

Few times:rolleyes:
Ill bet you if we hadnt had consistently Fed-Nole SF in slams the last couple of years Fed would at least have had a couple more slams:)

BroTree123
07-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Story of Muger Frauderer's career :(

Come on people, are we ever done with this draw rigging rubbish. If it was always well balanced, then there would be more reason to be suspicious.

Hater :angel:

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, ridiculous. All the contenders/danger players are on the bottom half except Federer.

Del Potro is a mug on grass, Ferrer is a mug in general, and both are Federer's turkeys as per MTF lingo. Nalbandian/Tipsy might very well be Federer's biggest obstacles en route to the final.

Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga, Berdych + big servers Roddick and Raonic all in the same half. This is a ridiculously stacked half. Unbalanced draw if I ever saw one.

Corey Feldman
07-26-2012, 06:01 PM
fantastically fixed draw for God

about time Fed got one as Nadal and Nole had their share of them in the last 2 years

Smoke944
07-26-2012, 06:03 PM
:lol:

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Nalbandian to roll back the years and take out Federer in the QF en route to a medal :rocker2:

Freak3yman84
07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Nalbandian to roll back the years and take out Federer in the QF en route to a medal :rocker2:

But what about the whole thread about Berdych winning gold :confused:

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
But what about the whole thread about Berdych winning gold :confused:

Re-read my post :p

En route to a medal ie. not gold.

Freak3yman84
07-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Re-read my post :p

En route to a medal ie. not gold.

DANGIT! I need to go back to school :sad:

cardio
07-26-2012, 06:28 PM
There are only 3 men who beat Roger Federer in Wimbledon during last 10 years :
Nadal, Tsonga and Berdych. Nadull is not playing, other two are in Djokos half.

There are only 9 active players who reached Wimbledon semifinals since 2007 : Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, Gasquet,Roddick,Murray, Haas,Berdych, Tsonga.

Nadal and Haas are not playing, all other 6 are in bottom half.

This is not a draw. Like I said : this is lifetime achievement award to mr. Federer disguised like Olympic medal.He has only himself to blame if he screws up this nice present.

DJ Soup
07-26-2012, 06:49 PM

There are only 9 active players who reached Wimbledon semifinals since 2007 : Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, Gasquet,Roddick,Murray, Haas,Berdych, Tsonga.

This is not a draw. Like I said : this is lifetime achievement award to mr. Federer disguised like Olympic medal.He has only himself to blame if he screws up this nice present.

I see your post, and I up it with a Benneteau on R2

Sunset of Age
07-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Nice draw for Feds, yes, but it always puzzles me as to see people always seem to think that the top-ranked players indeed make it as far as their seeding indicates with no exception.
Upsets do happen, and how different would the talk be around here if Benneteau had just beaten Fed in R2 of this year's Wimbledon, which he came very close to doing? Would that have been a best-of-three format, like is the case here at the Olympics, Fed would have been out.

Lest. We. Forget.

latso
07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
If Federer had to chose his first couple of rounds he'd never ever pick Falla - Benneteau.

One needs to be a moron to believe it's rigged, srsly :facepalm:

Why not Kubot, Rochus, Jaziri, Pospisil, Lacko, Kavcic, Kukushkin, DONALD Young, Daecis, Bogomolov, Berlocq, Soeda, Devvarman, Ito, Tursunov, Goffin, Klizan, Fognini?

Federer has the worst draw in the first 2 rounds and from round 3 up it would inevitably be players in form enough to be in 3rd round, so the "good fixed draw" bullcrap is just :facepalm:

RForever
07-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Bottom half will clash for the privilege of meeting Fed. Two competitions in one.

GOATsol
07-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Thrilled for Federer.

Corey Feldman
07-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Fed's cakewalk and Nole's nightmare draw, the bonus of being #1 i guess

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/bachelordandy/ibv2ooLsmOOAvg.gif

Arkulari
07-26-2012, 08:54 PM
This can be a bomb mine for Roger, bo3 are a format made for upsets and he's lost to the likes of Blake at the Olympics so I don't trust he will make it that far.

MagicMilan
07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sick of Djokovic always getting the worst possible opponent in the semis. He was always drawing Federer and now that Rafa is not playing, he gets Andy of course :rolleyes:
OTOH, Roger's draws at last 3 big tournies have been one big joke :o

Fed Muzza Killer
07-26-2012, 09:28 PM

US OPEN 2008 - WIMBLEDON 2012

Fed was at same half as Djokovic in 14 of those 16 GSs !

bornnl
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Cant understand that some people actually believe that draws are fixed.....come to earth already this is not your local after work tennis tournament in your local club.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-26-2012, 09:36 PM
BTW as a FED fan im really happy with this draw
Fed hasn't fucked up his chances these last 9 months , so it's a good sign.

but best of 3 format is tricky , he must be 100% facused every single point !

cardio
07-26-2012, 09:45 PM
I see your post, and I up it with a Benneteau on R2

C´mon , you and me both know Benny played his best match of the year in Wimby first 2 sets, way above his usual level .He couldnt close it and that was it . He cannot repeat it, no matter how badly he wants to do that. As for Falla,Pony,Tipsa, Ferrer or others , they are joke, even Isner on grass is a fucking embarrassment of the game.

Organizers may as well say to mr.GOAT : Well, this is your last chance . We did what we could, hell -we did lot more what we could !, - rest is up to you ! You better dont fuck up now ! .:devil:

We`ll see soon if he takes his award or not.

Federer in 2
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
BTW as a FED fan im really happy with this draw
Fed hasn't fucked up his chances these last 9 months , so it's a good sign.

but best of 3 format is tricky , he must be 100% facused every single point !

He had a great draw in Miami, but...
But generally you are right :)

paseo
07-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Now watch Fed clowns this up losing to some random journeyman.

Andi-M
07-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Cakewalk as per norm for Roger...these brits love this Fed guy. No fixing, just lucky...again!

Fedfanohyeah
07-26-2012, 10:56 PM
being 2 points away from defeat is not a bye, is it?

sometimes difficult draws on paper can become difficult and vice versa

that said, as a Federer fan I´m very happy with the draw

Same here Fed has a good draw!

hiperborejac
07-26-2012, 10:56 PM
If u count BO3 format both Benneteau and Falla beat Federer at Wimbledon :p With that being said Fed has a cakewalk till final :o

Mechlan
07-26-2012, 11:29 PM
It's a very good draw for Federer, hope he takes advantage of it.

rickcastle
07-27-2012, 12:05 AM

Maybe, but this is a best of 3 not best of 5. How many people have gotten 2-0 up against Federer in Wimbledon the past 10 years? I don't know the exact number but I can tell you that he will meet one of them in R1 and then possibly meet another one in the 2nd round.
Also in a best of 3, Tsonga would not have beaten Federer when he did.

Nonetheless, it's an easy draw for Federer on paper but it's a best of 3 on grass... seriously, anything can happen.

tripwires
07-27-2012, 02:23 AM
This draw ROCKS. :rocker2: :banana: Not ashamed to admit that this Federer fan is very happy with his awesome draw.

Chase Visa
07-27-2012, 02:37 AM
It's easy on paper, but best on 3 on grass with all the big names is untested. So it's hard to say.

Evitman
07-27-2012, 05:24 AM
If u count BO3 format both Benneteau and Falla beat Federer at Wimbledon :p With that being said Fed has a cakewalk till final :o

And would have been in straight sets. :worship:

Johnbert
07-27-2012, 06:03 AM
you can't say "bennetteau would've beaten fed in bo3 at wimby" or "seppi would have beaten djoker in bo3 at rg" cause it's a whole different situation. especially from the mental aspect. if fed/djoko will lose the 1st set in a match here, they know they HAVE to win the 2nd. just like they HAVE to win the 3rd in bo5 if they're 0-2 down.

a example from a different sport:
if bolt wins the 200m but is only 2nd/3rd after 100m, you can't say "he would've lost if this would've been the 100m" :shrug:

latso
07-27-2012, 06:33 AM
C´mon , you and me both know Benny played his best match of the year in Wimby first 2 sets, way above his usual level .He couldnt close it and that was it . He cannot repeat it, no matter how badly he wants to do that. As for Falla,Pony,Tipsa, Ferrer or others , they are joke, even Isner on grass is a fucking embarrassment of the game.

Organizers may as well say to mr.GOAT : Well, this is your last chance . We did what we could, hell -we did lot more what we could !, - rest is up to you ! You better dont fuck up now ! .:devil:

We`ll see soon if he takes his award or not.
Federer's draws apearing as cake draws all the time is actually a proof that the guy is the playing legend and Greatest Of All Time.

Not a cake draw could only be Del Potro, Tsonga, Berdych, Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, which is still a field the guy has beaten several times in the WTFs...

So it's all cake for Roger coz....he's the Baker :eek:

Sagabona kunjani wena... :D

http://www.tenniskafe.com/images/stories/gallery/federer/olimpiada/hewitt/10.jpg
:wavey:

TennisGrandSlam
07-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Don't forget Tips in AO2008, Falla in WM2010 and French guy in WM this year!

MuzzahLovah
07-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Murray gets Wawa first round, then Gasquet and Berdych before the possible semis... why do the English hate him so much?

And Fed gets a bye to the finals. There is no one on the top half with a chance of beating him, and the bottom half will be tired as fuck.

dencod16
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
fantastically fixed draw for God

about time Fed got one as Nadal and Nole had their share of them in the last 2 years

Like French Open and Wimbledon this year. His draws have been relatively a 250 events until the semis.

Looner
07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Murray gets Wawa first round, then Gasquet and Berdych before the possible semis... why do the English hate him so much?

And Fed gets a bye to the finals. There is no one on the top half with a chance of beating him, and the bottom half will be tired as fuck.

Like French Open and Wimbledon this year. His draws have been relatively a 250 events until the semis.

:baby: I like how people forget his tough draw in IW and Dubai where we won.

Zelyony
07-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Those said Federer got a easy draw are pure haters. Federer draw Falla 1st round, and could met Tipsarevic, Benneteau, who almost beat him at SLAM, and they will be more dangerous in 3 setter match.

bounccer
07-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Youzhny has a very good chance to beat Benneteau though

Chirag
07-27-2012, 09:39 AM
This can be a bomb mine for Roger, bo3 are a format made for upsets and he's lost to the likes of Blake at the Olympics so I don't trust he will make it that far.

agreed .1 match at a time for me :o

MagicMilan
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Those said Federer got a easy draw are pure haters. Federer draw Falla 1st round, and could met Tipsarevic, Benneteau, who almost beat him at SLAM, and they will be more dangerous in 3 setter match.
:haha:
Federer has Falla, Benneteau and Tipsarevic
Murray has Wawrinka, Gasquet and Berdych
Novak has Roddick, Cilic and Tsonga
Ok, let's see! Who got it easy??? :confused:
It's normal sense, not hating :wavey:

MagicMilan
07-27-2012, 10:32 AM
After RG, Wimbledon and Olympics, it's easy to forget the draws for the less important tournies :)

sexybeast
07-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Julian Benneteau may upset Fed.:oh:

Youzhny will be a loyal spanking boy and take care of Federer's problems. Just wait and see.

EliSter
07-27-2012, 11:13 AM

Everyone knows Dubai IW >>>>>>>> RG, Wimb, OG and probably Uso to come.Btw I didnt know u won those titles with Fed?

Chirag
07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Everyone knows Dubai IW >>>>>>>> RG, Wimb, OG and probably Uso to come.Btw I didnt know u won those titles with Fed?

but it shows that he gets tough draws too .It all balances out dont you think ;)

tribalfusion
07-27-2012, 12:33 PM

One of the most ridiculous posts yet

Corey Feldman
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
see EliStar is back to puke his vomit on us

tripwires
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Whenever Rogi wins, I feel like I'm a winner too. :hearts:

Chirag
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM

he hasnt won yet :scared: Dont count your chickens before it hatches .He has lost to young Berdych and Blake :facepalm:

tripwires
07-27-2012, 01:14 PM
he hasnt won yet :scared: Dont count your chickens before it hatches .He has lost to young Berdych and Blake :facepalm:

I know. I was responding to my friend EliSter's post:

:lol:

In any case, I felt like a winner when he won Wimbledon. :awww:

Corey Feldman
07-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I watched Fed-Falla 2010 Wimbledon on youtube again and i'm telling you, its a dangerous as hell 1st match for Fed

he better come out sharp right from the start

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Indian Wells a tough draw? He played Nadal and Isner, not that hard, oh and Del Pony, who he is like 6-0 this year in h2h

Dubai? Del Pony choking like a fish and Murray, didn't even face Djokovic there. Face it this year one thing sums up Federer's draws

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t62w0v-n0u0/TFZlwdbdeSI/AAAAAAAAAVo/5S1YO9B9W2k/s1600/smkreflections3.jpg

Corey Feldman
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
he played Raonic in 2R and then in 3r Bellucci was on fire (down a set both matches)

and remember he was half dead from the Flu or something and still came through

the username you have is the only thing stopping me from roasting you

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 01:23 PM
he played Raonic in 2R and then in 3r Bellucci was on fire (down a set both matches)

Please, these people belong in futures, not playing Federer.

The same can be said about your avatar Mr Feldman :p

Corey Feldman
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
;)

Matt01
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Rogie and his minions/gloryhunters. :o :spit:

Corey Feldman
07-27-2012, 01:26 PM
just glad Olympics on grass and not clay or else Fed would be struggling when he ran into Juan Monaco in the final

Matt01
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
just glad Olympics on grass and not clay or else Fed would be struggling when he ran into Juan Monaco in the final

He'd get humiliated on clay :wavey:

Looner
07-27-2012, 02:10 PM

oops, a half-slip, half-wishful comment there :p. I do feel like a winner when the player I've supported for 2+ years proves all the doubters wrong, so I kind of have won, even if not anything of commercial value. And on that matter,

http://www.menstennisforums.com/customavatars/avatar55085_9.gif

As for the draws, why is no one talking about the AO? Roger had the toughest draw there (going by the world ranking of opponents). It's finally starting to balance out and Novak seemed to take advantage of some easier draws in his slams last year. I mean Tomic for a Wimbledon QF?!?

Chill, dude, TigerTim's been taking the piss lately because he knows Ferrer stands no chance to win the gold ;).

After RG, Wimbledon and Olympics, it's easy to forget the draws for the less important tournies :)

So Novak was an easy semi for RG then or JMDP was also easy :confused:. Also, since when is IW below the Olympics. 1000>750 or at least that's what I was taught at school.

kenneth79
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM
He'd get humiliated on clay :wavey:

:stupid:

tripwires
07-27-2012, 02:45 PM

I know right? :inlove: He's so kind to us. :hearts:

TigerTim
07-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Chill, dude, TigerTim's been taking the piss lately because he knows Ferrer stands no chance to win the gold ;).

What IS THIS??? :shout::timebomb:

Ferrer WILL WIN GOLD

If he doesn't I'll get a fucking McDonalds happy meal with carrots.

EliSter
07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
oops, a half-slip, half-wishful comment there :p. I do feel like a winner when the player I've supported for 2+ years proves all the doubters wrong, so I kind of have won, even if not anything of commercial value. And on that matter,

http://www.menstennisforums.com/customavatars/avatar55085_9.gif

As for the draws, why is no one talking about the AO? Roger had the toughest draw there (going by the world ranking of opponents).

At AO Novak had tougher draw, Mugray played match of his life, then with Nadal over 5 and a half hours. Olderer had his chance on HC against Nadal its his own fault he is mental midget against him.

Whiznot
07-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Cant understand that some people actually believe that draws are fixed.....come to earth already this is not your local after work tennis tournament in your local club.

The event being big and famous does not preclude a fixed draw. No matter how important a drawing or lottery is, if there is sufficient motivation and a large enough payoff, there could be a fix. What does preclude a fixed draw is the total lack of any motivation by organizers to favor any particular player.

BroTree123
07-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Suffer.

Fumus
07-27-2012, 04:44 PM

Fed won't win this...he doesn't care about the olympics. It could be played on the shitty indoor stuff they use in the O2 that Fed loves and he'd still give only 3/4 effort and lose in the qrts or semis.

MuzzahLovah
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Fed won't win this...he doesn't care about the olympics. It could be played on the shitty indoor stuff they use in the O2 that Fed loves and he'd still give only 3/4 effort and lose in the qrts or semis.

Nice counter jinxing, but I'm guessing he and his team were involved in orchestrating this red carpet to the gold medal.

JeMa
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM

I dunno, I watched Fedman :crying2: with Wawrinka when he won the gold doubles title. I think he cares a lot about the Olympics. If he can get passed Falla he's got this. Youzhny will take care of Benneteau for him.

Matt01
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM
:stupid:

It's true :shrug:

I know right? :inlove: He's so kind to us. :hearts:

;) Have fun to :bowdown: to him some more. :)

e476
07-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I actually agree with this. Not that it matters to Fed because he has so much money, but there's obviously no financial incentive, only ranking points. Also, the Olympic gold medal's actual value in tennis is less than in sports like gymnastics or swimming because of the fact that tennis' highest honors are the four annual majors and tennis had been out of the Olympics for so long. I don't think he'll give 100% - maybe 50-75%, depending on the opponent. I think he won the Olympic Gold in 2008 in doubles because he was playing with his good friend Stanislas Wawrinka, and you do NOT want to let your partner down in any event. That being said, there will always be someone else who cares more, and it might be a "surprising" Olympic Champion like Ferrer, Tsonga, or Murray.

Allez
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
If Federer had to chose his first couple of rounds he'd never ever pick Falla - Benneteau.

One needs to be a moron to believe it's rigged, srsly :facepalm:

Why not Kubot, Rochus, Jaziri, Pospisil, Lacko, Kavcic, Kukushkin, DONALD Young, Daecis, Bogomolov, Berlocq, Soeda, Devvarman, Ito, Tursunov, Goffin, Klizan, Fognini?

Federer has the worst draw in the first 2 rounds and from round 3 up it would inevitably be players in form enough to be in 3rd round, so the "good fixed draw" bullcrap is just :facepalm:

Exactly :facepalm:

Alex999
07-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I actually agree with this. Not that it matters to Fed because he has so much money, but there's obviously no financial incentive, only ranking points. Also, the Olympic gold medal's actual value in tennis is less than in sports like gymnastics or swimming because of the fact that tennis' highest honors are the four annual majors and tennis had been out of the Olympics for so long. I don't think he'll give 100% - maybe 50-75%, depending on the opponent. I think he won the Olympic Gold in 2008 in doubles because he was playing with his good friend Stanislas Wawrinka, and you do NOT want to let your partner down in any event. That being said, there will always be someone else who cares more, and it might be a "surprising" Olympic Champion like Ferrer, Tsonga, or Murray.
I disagree. Fed is always motivated, and as if he cares about money (hasn't he made enough already?). It is about a prestige thingy, and we all know that Fed's ego is HUGE. I'm 100% sure he is going to try his very best.

Mercury
07-27-2012, 07:39 PM
How about Fed wanting to keep his #1 ranking? That alone is incentive enough. Not to mention he never won the Olympic gold...

Choreos
07-27-2012, 08:34 PM
At AO Novak had tougher draw, Mugray played match of his life, then with Nadal over 5 and a half hours. Olderer had his chance on HC against Nadal its his own fault he is mental midget against him.

You can't consider the ranking of the opponent/how good they generally are when it's convenient, then consider how they actually played on that day when it's convenient. That's cherry picking. Given the first criteria, Federer had the harder AO draw even until the semis. I'm choosing that criteria because it's the same one everyone is judging his olympic draw on, since the matches haven't been played.

Jovard
07-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Tough draw indeed but Nole is the best, he will beat them all :shrug:

Whiznot
07-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Federer hates loosing to the other top tier players. Getting beat by Roddick or Haas in a small event, no problem.

analysist
07-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Fed's draw is easiest of top 3 , not that easy. He may play against Isner and when his serve is on, their match could play forever.

SheepleBuster
07-28-2012, 06:35 AM
How stupid is MTF? Both Falla and Beneteau pushed Roger to 5 at WIMBLEDON and had 2 SETS to LOVE leads. No? So you are telling me, Roger getting those two in the first two rounds is easy? Like Roddick is going to upset Nole. haha

Allez
07-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Both Falla and Benny will be itching for revenge and they will both be over the moon that this is a best of three format. At least given their history with Fed, if he loses to either one of them we can't call it the greatest upset in tennis history. A lot of people are expecting them to win.

heya
07-28-2012, 08:19 AM
you are not fooling anyone, federer fanboy. you mention him like he's the best shit on the planet.
you're giddy, now that everyone's clowning for
him to get free trophies.

Mystique
07-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Both Falla and Benny will be itching for revenge and they will both be over the moon that this is a best of three format. At least given their history with Fed, if he loses to either one of them we can't call it the greatest upset in tennis history. A lot of people are expecting them to win.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001807617/2130184193_polar_bear_face_palm_thumbnail1_xlarge. jpeg

The Fearhand
07-28-2012, 08:48 AM

SMH.

cardio
07-28-2012, 08:53 AM

Name 12 people who expect Falla to win today. No need to name lot of them, just 12 .:D

Singularity
07-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, Federer's first round match was super easy, just like everyone said.

Allez
07-28-2012, 06:41 PM
A lot of trolls are looking foolish now :lol:. Hopefully they'll be more realistic about Fed's chances against Benny :facepalm:

Han Solo
07-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Clearly the draw favours Federer more than the other top seeds, because he plays the n.4 seed in Ferrer who is not as good - according to the rankings - as the other two top seeds in the other half. It does seem to me entirely appropriate that the number one seed should be drawn against n.4 rather than n.3, giving numero uno a greater advantage on paper, however slim that may be in reality. (I'm sure some cheeky posters would claim Ferrer is at least an equal of Murray...)

Regarding the rest of the field, well it seems luck is with Federer if we look at past performances in big grass events (namely Wimbledon). The only other former Wimbledon semi finalist (or better) in Fed's section is Nalbandian, while the bottom half contains eight former semi finalists or better from previous Wimbledon tournaments.

I don't see anything "fishy" about this though. All top players get draws which favour them at times, and others which are really challenging. Seems this is a good chance for Federer. I do think Del Potro, regardless of previous form on grass, is as good as many in the bottom half the draw, mind.