Kitzbuhel R16: Simone Bolelli def. (2) Floran Mayer 6-2 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kitzbuhel R16: Simone Bolelli def. (2) Floran Mayer 6-2 7-6(4)

FleetSeb
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes Simone! First tour QF in ages, since Umag in 2009! He's been slowly but surely hitting a bit of form this year. I think he's around 70 in the race and this win should bring him back inside the top 100 provisionally. Although he'll need a couple people to lose in their next match in order to keep it.

Shame it wasn't televised.

scarecrows
07-25-2012, 02:04 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/Naranoc/smileys/fat-.gif

shame no televised

finally a good result for Bolelli

n3gative
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
4-2 for flo in the tb then :wavey:

RNW
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
As the same time it is a good win for Bolelli and for Mayer - who prefered Kitzbühel instead of the OLYMPICS (!) it's kind of even more hilarious than before...

Strange, strange decision from the Wimbledon Quarterfinalist not to play the Olympics!

scarecrows
07-25-2012, 02:07 PM
4-2 for flo in the tb then :wavey:

0-2 4-2 4-7

scarecrows
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
As the same time it is a good win for Bolelli and for Mayer - who prefered Kitzbühel instead of the OLYMPICS (!) it's kind of even more hilarious than before...

Strange, strange decision from the Wimbledon Quarterfinalist not to play the Olympics!

it wasnt his decision

STUHL
07-25-2012, 02:09 PM
it wasnt his decision

Yes it was his descision, he decided not to play!

Björki
07-25-2012, 02:11 PM
enjoy your holidays Mayer

scarecrows
07-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes it was his descision, he decided not to play!

really!!!

i thought Germany had some different selection criteria

my bad then

Challengerslover
07-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Well. Now, this is a good chance for Kližan. Simone Bolelli in ATP QF? Martin, you better take this match seriously! Yes, I know that Bolelli has good groundstrokes etc., but still. Kližan should be able to frustrate him on the clay enough to beat him.

RNW
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
it wasnt his decision

I know, it is REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE, but it was actually his decision.
His tournament schedule prefered Kitzbühel and than the US hardcourt swing.
he explained it in some interviews...

Haas can not play because he wasn't nominated but Mayer can not play because of his own decision.

STUHL
07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
really!!!

i thought Germany had some different selection criteria

my bad thenYes we have, but Mayer made the criteria, but that doucebag decided not to play. :rolleyes:

duong
07-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes, Bolelli is 72 in the Race as I calculate it. Not as well as he used to be but still better than previous years.

Yes we have, but Mayer made the criteria, but that doucebag decided not to play. :rolleyes:

it was not clear, he did only according to one interpretation of the criteria.

Maybe he took that decision because he didn't want to go in a war with the Olympic Committee as Kohli started, with lobbying, even maybe lawyers.

As Flo Mayer looks as a very peaceful person to me :lol:

Hypnotize
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Nice result. I would take Bolelli's stylish game over Mayer's junkballing any day of the week. :yeah:

dencod16
07-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, Bolelli is 72 in the Race as I calculate it. Not as well as he used to be but still better than previous years.

it was not clear, he did only according to one interpretation of the criteria.

Maybe he took that decision because he didn't want to go in a war with the Olympic Committee as Kohli started, with lobbying, even maybe lawyers.

As Flo Mayer looks as a very peaceful person to me :lol:

What interpretation, i think the rules are pretty straight forward. He made the quarters, it was the same situation as Schuettler's.

Freak3yman84
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Another one of my FITD draws is screwed up :sad: I just want to win damnit!

CooCooCachoo
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Good job Simo :yeah: He's always interesting to watch so it's better to have him in the Top 100 than someone like Hajek.

duong
07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
What interpretation, i think the rules are pretty straight forward. He made the quarters, it was the same situation as Schuettler's.

no, because Wimbledon was played after the inscription to the Olympics

if I understood well, the criteria were reached according to some people because Mayer was part of the top-24 ... if you excluded the players who ranked above him but who couldn't take part in the Olympics (Fish's choice, Dolgo's impossibility, Lopez and Granollers after the top-4 from Spain)

misty1
07-25-2012, 04:09 PM
congrats to simone. He won the challenger he was in the week before this too so he's on a 7 match winning streak right now

he's provisionally back inside the top 100 and he has a great chance to keep going here with klizan in the QF

you just know that somehwre filo v. is jumping up and down extatic with this result

motorhead
07-25-2012, 04:14 PM
don't think Bolelli has aver had a 7 matches winning run, not even at juniors level.

Sonja1989
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Of course depends on other results too but it seems Bolelli is reaching the top 100 again, or at least he will be around top 100.

It was a very good win. :yeah:

Vinceremo
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Simo :worship:

Haven't checked their points to defend in the next few months but, if Potito manages to bounce back later with Pippo and Lorenzi holding on, there's at least a chance for a year end ranking including 7 Italian players in the top 100!

Lugburz
07-25-2012, 10:41 PM
good result for Simo :yeah:

gaitare
07-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Flo tanking for the Olympics.

Lugburz
07-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Flo tanking for the Olympics.

yeah if he hadn't cancelled it long ago :rolleyes:

The Prince
07-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Florian :(

Matt01
07-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Yes we have, but Mayer made the criteria, but that doucebag decided not to play. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not but there are players who think the Olympics aren't everything. No need to insult him because of that ;)

STUHL
07-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Believe it or not but there are players who think the Olympics aren't everything. No need to insult him because of that ;)
The thing is, if he decided to be on the list and then withdraw afterwards, Germany would have the chance to replace him and so Haas might have been able to play. Thats why I'm upset.

motorhead
07-26-2012, 10:08 AM
The thing is, if he decided to be on the list and then withdraw afterwards, Germany would have the chance to replace him and so Haas might have been able to play. Thats why I'm upset.

this.

dencod16
07-26-2012, 10:20 AM

Why the hell will he support their NOC if he cant support him. If I was him i would do the same, he qualified and worked hard just to have another player get it, that not fair for him.

duong
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM

I don't understand that argument : Haas was not ranked highly enough even for the international criteria then the Germans couldn't have replaced him by another German, it doesn't work like that (I know that considering what happened in 2008 when there were many more withdrawals)

imagine Mayer had done what you say : he would have been replaced by the first international alternate who might have been Dimitrov (lowest entered on the entry list) or another one of the invited players ranked higher than Haas in the rankings after Roland-Garros, which were the ones used to enter the Olympics.

Anyway, except if there had been lucky withdrawals, I don't think it would have changed anything for Haas.

Not even speaking that Haas didn't respect German criteria.

The main problem for Haas is another one : he could really have got an invitation from the ITF if the Germans had asked for it. But it has nothing to do with Flo Mayer.

kiriri***
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Mayer:( Such a waste chance for collect some points:(
I know he always play badly in North America tournament except Miami, so I expect he won't win any match there.

But according to stats, Bolelli played so good:)

Fujee
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Bolelli has a very pleasing style. Tough luck Mayer