Kitzbuhel R2: Klizan d. Cervenak 6-4, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kitzbuhel R2: Klizan d. Cervenak 6-4, 6-4

Challengerslover
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Expected and good. Klizan is more important tennis player for Slovakia than Cervenak. I still don´t get why the odds before the match were clearly in favour of Cervenak everywhere. Like 1.50 on Cervenak and 2.50 on Klizan.

Whatever, Bolelli/F.Mayer next in QF. Will be a tough one, but still playable.

n3gative
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
expected? Klizan has the Olympics to attend, wasn't a given that he would actually win this one

duong
07-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Tough battle for Slovakian number 1 : Klizan climbs to number 54 with this one, just one rank behind Lacko.

His carreer best.

Maybe the odds were like that because Klizan hardly defeated Thiem in previous round or because of nearly Olympics.

Challengerslover
07-25-2012, 11:25 AM
expected? Klizan has the Olympics to attend, wasn't a given that he would actually win this one

To be honest, Klizan himself knows that he has no real chance on Olympics. He´s not that good on grass, one win for him there would be a very pleasant surprise and he has to be very lucky to get it. I think he´s competing in full power here in Kitzbuhel, no limitations there. He just needs points badly to secure his nice actual ranking and eventually to climb into top 50.

And I am not saying that Klizan vs. Cervenak was 100% lock for Klizan, just that Klizan was a favorite there in my point of view and I was really surprised that Cervenak was considered a favorite there (probably because of his recent wins vs. Haas, Stakhovsky, Darcis etc.). But Klizan is still simply a much better player than Pavol Cervenak.

philosophicalarf
07-25-2012, 12:16 PM
All four guys in Olympics have a lot of money against them this week.

flexeter
07-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Klizan has a lousy form and Cervenak is playing out of his mind recently. I think the odds were right. Klizan won't make much impact in the olympics, but maybe they could notch some surprising wins with Lacko in the doubles, singles is out of the question.

JurajCrane
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
It really was 2.50 on Klizan ? I would bet my car if I knew it ! :D

Vinceremo
07-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Bolelli to derail this hype train.

Agrajag
07-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Bolelli to derail this hype train.

Bolelli is an expert at derailing hype. He has done it consistently for many years.

The Prince
07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Martin :worship:

Vinceremo
07-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Bolelli is an expert at derailing hype. He has done it consistently for many years.

Bolelli did fine some years ago when he was actually promising and many were looking forward to his results, at this point very few people expect great things for him despite still being quite young.