Will Rosol beat Federer in a Slam? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Rosol beat Federer in a Slam?

Sri
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Tsonga beat Rafa AO'08, and did the same to Fed in W'11.
Soderling beat Fedal in '09 and '10 at RG.

Only a matter of time before Rosol gets his turn on Fed. No?

Absolute Anthropoid
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Rosol will beat the world.

Houstonko
07-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Never. Rosol is useless against slice and variety of bounce, placement of far and near shots. It shows Rafa is a clay courter and lack variety.

finishingmove
07-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Federer will beat Rosol at the US Open.

He will then go on to win the title.

dencod16
07-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Well if Fed played like he did against Youzhny and Malisse and Rosol played like he did against Nadal, then yes.

manadrainer
07-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Rosol will be the next #1. You heard it here first.

RForever
07-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Lukas Rosol: When you want it, you can do it!

He made one of the biggest upset in tennis history. Lukas Rosol beat 11GS holder Rafael Nadal 6:7, 6:4, 6:4, 2:6, 6:4 in the 2nd round of Wimbledon. After many years Berdych and Stepanek were forgotten for a while. How is the life of Czech ball-basher?

http://i47.tinypic.com/28b4ljp.jpg

Auto-moto Cars are my passion. I sold my Audi A5 this year and bought Range Rover Sport. It is better for longer tours and for going to mountain in winter time. For the summer time I bought myself Maserati Gran Turismo S few weeks ago. I got also a bike - Yamaha R6. When I got back from Wimbledon, I was going to meet some friend at Slapy and I broke my old speed record. How fast? I prefer not to tell...

Housing I have been living in Prague for 3 years now, got flat in Vysocany. There are the best training options in Prague.

Goal I am not one of those setting exact goals. I have only one goal each year - to stay healthy and keep my game on high level.

Czech sport agency We signed contract for 3 to 4 years few weeks ago. They will do my marketing starting next year. I will play league for Prerov this year and change to Sparta or Prostejov next season with training on Sparta.

Desedel (coach) Slava has been my coach for almost 5 years with one break. It is not easy with me, both being Lion signs. I am glad that he stayed with me and showed me better way. Unfortunatelly he can not travel with me too much due to his job in Brno and his family. I guess I am going to enforce my team for next season hiring new fitness trainer or physiotherapist.

Finance Tennis is a job. I am not doing it only for sport reasons but I want to make some money for the years after I retire. I play also foreign leagues when I can to cover the costs of flights and coach.

Head Some days I wake up and I feel I can beat anybody in the world. Other days I feel I will lose to anybody. I have to convince myself that I can do everything. I try different stuff, once ten friends of mine came to RG, we were holding our hands in circle and they are giving me their energy. They helped me like this to beat Melzer last year.... When you want it, you can do it! It works...

Marriage I wanna have kids one day and big family. It did not work our with Denisa but it was an experience. I am not hurrying up to another relationship. I have sport and I am ok with it now. Guy can have kids even when he is 40yo.

Streght Mental and physical strenght is everything in tennis. I have lot of energy. When I am hurt it is not as bad as when I do not have energy. I can refill it with friends, on water, on bike, in good company.

Strokes My strokes are based on power. My strong point is also serve and fast game from behind. I want to make my points by myself. I have no troubles with movement comparing to other tall guys on tour.

Weapon Speed of my strokes, opponents do not like this. Then confidence and belief. I know that when my things click I can play like against Nadal. Anything is possible.

TennisGrandSlam
07-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Rosol is GOAT

duarte_a
07-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Roger is GOAT

Fixed. :yeah:

Corey Feldman
07-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Lukas Rosol: When you want it, you can do it!

He made one of the biggest upset in tennis history. Lukas Rosol beat 11GS holder Rafael Nadal 6:7, 6:4, 6:4, 2:6, 6:4 in the 2nd round of Wimbledon. After many years Berdych and Stepanek were forgotten for a while. How is the life of Czech ball-basher?

http://i47.tinypic.com/28b4ljp.jpg

Auto-moto Cars are my passion. I sold my Audi A5 this year and bought Range Rover Sport. It is better for longer tours and for going to mountain in winter time. For the summer time I bought myself Maserati Gran Turismo S few weeks ago. I got also a bike - Yamaha R6. When I got back from Wimbledon, I was going to meet some friend at Slapy and I broke my old speed record. How fast? I prefer not to tell...

Housing I have been living in Prague for 3 years now, got flat in Vysocany. There are the best training options in Prague.

Goal I am not one of those setting exact goals. I have only one goal each year - to stay healthy and keep my game on high level.

Czech sport agency We signed contract for 3 to 4 years few weeks ago. They will do my marketing starting next year. I will play league for Prerov this year and change to Sparta or Prostejov next season with training on Sparta.

Desedel (coach) Slava has been my coach for almost 5 years with one break. It is not easy with me, both being Lion signs. I am glad that he stayed with me and showed me better way. Unfortunatelly he can not travel with me too much due to his job in Brno and his family. I guess I am going to enforce my team for next season hiring new fitness trainer or physiotherapist.

Finance Tennis is a job. I am not doing it only for sport reasons but I want to make some money for the years after I retire. I play also foreign leagues when I can to cover the costs of flights and coach.

Head Some days I wake up and I feel I can beat anybody in the world. Other days I feel I will lose to anybody. I have to convince myself that I can do everything. I try different stuff, once ten friends of mine came to RG, we were holding our hands in circle and they are giving me their energy. They helped me like this to beat Melzer last year.... When you want it, you can do it! It works...

Marriage I wanna have kids one day and big family. It did not work our with Denisa but it was an experience. I am not hurrying up to another relationship. I have sport and I am ok with it now. Guy can have kids even when he is 40yo.

Streght Mental and physical strenght is everything in tennis. I have lot of energy. When I am hurt it is not as bad as when I do not have energy. I can refill it with friends, on water, on bike, in good company.

Strokes My strokes are based on power. My strong point is also serve and fast game from behind. I want to make my points by myself. I have no troubles with movement comparing to other tall guys on tour.

Weapon Speed of my strokes, opponents do not like this. Then confidence and belief. I know that when my things click I can play like against Nadal. Anything is possible.hope he is enjoying that bike and every other treat coming his way

men who save tennis deserve the world and all thats in it.

TennisGrandSlam
07-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Fixed. :yeah:

At least, there are two GOATs (Hrbaty, Corretja) :devil:

The Fearhand
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
This is silly. Even if Rosol played like he did against Rafa he'd still be trashed.
I thought Nadal played horrible during this year Wimby even in 1st round..something was off.
There were plenty of moments where Nadal didn't take any risks with the forehand...Federer would have taken those chances and he'd make sure Rosol wasn't getting in his comfort zone. Rosol was attacking, Nadal wasn't and he was giving Rosol too easy placed balls which played to Rosols strength that match. Fed would've attacked relentlessly against Rosol, Rosol would never get the opportunity to play as attacking as he did...

So to sum up...no way.

duarte_a
07-25-2012, 12:56 PM
At least, there are two GOATs (Hrbaty, Corretja) :devil:

Silly me, and here I was thinking that greatness was measured by titles and weeks at #1.
Of course it's all about the H2H.

But Corretja is the GOAT, Hrbaty is not. Don't forget Corretja has a 3-2 H2H against Hrbaty.

GOAT = Corretja. :worship:

BroTree123
07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Maybe. If he gets hot and when Fed is too old to compete.

Litotes
07-25-2012, 02:29 PM
But Corretja is the GOAT, Hrbaty is not. Don't forget Corretja has a 3-2 H2H against Hrbaty.

Well, what about...:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=C344&oId=S741
Safin is the GOAT! Or perhaps....
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=S741&oId=S424
Now THAT must be the true GOAT.

duarte_a
07-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, what about...:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=C344&oId=S741
Safin is the GOAT! Or perhaps....
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=S741&oId=S424
Now THAT must be the true GOAT.

Safin and Santoro can't be GOAt because they have losing H2H against Roger and nadal. lol ;)

Hrbaty and Corretja are the only GOAT candidates since they are the only players with a positive H2H against both Federer and nadal.

Now out of this two Corretja is the GOAT because he has a positive H2H against Hrbaty.

P.S.: All of the above was written according to nadaltard logic.

Chase Visa
07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Still maintaining that Rosol is a fluke.

Moozza
07-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes. He is too good a player not to.

TigerTim
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM
no. they will never draw each other.

Roy Emerson
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Nah.

HKz
07-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Never. Rosol is useless against slice and variety of bounce, placement of far and near shots. It shows Rafa is a clay courter and lack variety.

Naw, that was certainly the case years ago, but not as much now. Rafa is naturally more vulnerable to big hitters, but Roger being older has caused his reaction time especially when returning to become a bit poor. Look at what Tsonga did to him last year and Berdych the year before that. Against Tsonga, after the 2nd set, Roger couldn't even get a break point if I remember correctly. However, it isn't entierly fair to compare those matches, because arguably Federer was not mentally great coming into Wimbledon in 2010 and Federer did mentally choke a bit against Tsonga, however, of course credit is due for Tomas and Jo as they both played fantastic matches, no knock against them.

As far as the question of this thread is concerned, saying that Rosol will be the one to meet Federer and produce another stellar performance is a bit far-fetched, but I'm sure Federer will lose to more big hitters in the future and perhaps even lower ranked ones. Actually in my opinion, big hitters have become a bigger nightmare to him than other types of players because of his seemingly more aggressive style of play and his drop in defensive abilities.

GSMnadal
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Rosol is the kind of player that would get triple breadsticked by Rogi. Slicing him to bits.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 06:21 PM
No. One fluke great performance doesn't change the fact that he's a mindless and erratic ballbasher, much like Golubev. That style is not conductive to a high ranking or even multiple upsets. It works on those extremely rare days where everything is clicking but that's it.

Soderling had far more to his game, he was a top 10 player in a slump/still not having fulfilled his potential. Rosol isn't; just bashing every ball might work once, but that's it. On any other day, all his balls would have been long/netted and Rafa would have easily straight setted him.

viruzzz
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
If he doesn't beat Federer, i'd be pretty dissapointed.

Mountaindewslave
07-25-2012, 06:25 PM

Nadal lacks variety, really? I mean he is not the most unique or selective player EVER but he certainly is not the most one dimensional. Nadal moved horribly in the Rosol match and at times Rosol hit a huge ball. no reason to assume Rosol has the talent to beat Federer or even Nadal again. flukes happen, with a combination of an unusually high level for Rosol and a Nadal nowhere near his best

asmazif
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Well if Fed played like he did against Youzhny and Malisse and Rosol played like he did against Nadal, then yes.

yeh that Colonel match was an utter shambles from Fed. Embarrassingly bad. Credit to Misha for taking all those points though.

RForever
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Naw, that was certainly the case years ago, but not as much now. Rafa is naturally more vulnerable to big hitters, but Roger being older has caused his reaction time especially when returning to become a bit poor. Look at what Tsonga did to him last year and Berdych the year before that. Against Tsonga, after the 2nd set, Roger couldn't even get a break point if I remember correctly. However, it isn't entierly fair to compare those matches, because arguably Federer was not mentally great coming into Wimbledon in 2010 and Federer did mentally choke a bit against Tsonga, however, of course credit is due for Tomas and Jo as they both played fantastic matches, no knock against them.

As far as the question of this thread is concerned, saying that Rosol will be the one to meet Federer and produce another stellar performance is a bit far-fetched, but I'm sure Federer will lose to more big hitters in the future and perhaps even lower ranked ones. Actually in my opinion, big hitters have become a bigger nightmare to him than other types of players because of his seemingly more aggressive style of play and his drop in defensive abilities.

I cant agree. Fed is the one who was meeting big servers and bashers very often and he was ale to handle them pretty well. Wasnt it the best returner in the game who lost in semi in IW with Isner? Roger beat him in finals. He beat Raonic couple of times as well and you need fast reactiond to return this kind of service.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free

MTwEeZi
07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Federer will fall at some point

Litotes
07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Federer will fall at some point

You keep repeating that as if it's news. I can top you. At some point no currently active tennis player will still be alive.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Rosol is future GOAT !
Even if he never ever Beat current GOAT !

Corey Feldman
07-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Federer will fall at some pointHe will but the rise has been magnifico :drool::worship:

DJ Soup
07-25-2012, 10:11 PM
2003 Roger Begins
2008 The King Falls
2012 The King Rises

HKz
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
I cant agree. Fed is the one who was meeting big servers and bashers very often and he was ale to handle them pretty well. Wasnt it the best returner in the game who lost in semi in IW with Isner? Roger beat him in finals. He beat Raonic couple of times as well and you need fast reactiond to return this kind of service.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free

He struggled against Raonic all 3 times. Had that been a younger Federer, he would have had an easier time. He struggled against Isner too, but he found some magic in that tiebreak. Don't compare Djokovic and Federer at returning, they have completely different styles of returning. Federer relies heavily on blocking big serves back and creating a neutral rally, while Djokovic is more concerned with starting the return off offensively. Djokovic has struggled through the years against big servers like Tsonga and Roddick, and the fact that he is 2 and 2 against Roger in the past year at the slams (almost 3 to 1 in favor of Federer considering their match at the USO) you can see that Djokovic is not necessarily a great returner when facing good first servers. However, look at his matches against Rafa who doesn't serve really big and relies on a high percentage and accurate first serve, and Djokovic can immediately take control of a point from the returning almost consistently. Murray is a much better all-round returner in my opinion, as he has a good mix of getting huge returns in play while hitting great returns off weaker serves.

Regardless, I'm not saying Federer is utter shit against big servers and big hitters, but he is not even close to where he once was due to age and a loss of reflexes.

IOFH
07-25-2012, 11:31 PM
RG 2018: 7-5 3-6 6-4 6-3

Quote this.

Honestly
07-25-2012, 11:39 PM
There is a huge difference between Fed and NAdal. NAdal lucked 4 slams and Fed had to work hard for all those he won. 17>7.

Han Solo
07-25-2012, 11:50 PM
It seems unlikely that they will ever meet in a slam, especially if Rosol remains around the 100 mark in the rankings.

So I'm going for "No."

Andy1402
07-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Rosol is the very definition of 'flash in the pan'. Soderling wa around for quite some time after beating nadal. Hell, he made two RG finals in a row..
rosol lost immediately in the next round

nick the greek
07-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Uglyrer will have his Rosol.Will it actually be a real Rosol it doesn't really matter.