Early Djokovic and his impressions [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Early Djokovic and his impressions

Johnny Groove
07-24-2012, 09:48 PM
In retrospect, these are funny. At the time, perhaps he was seen as a cocky kid, and it rubbed some the wrong way, but he's made it now, and these should be considered hilarious.

Sharapova, Rafa, Roger, Roddick, Canas, Nalbandian is the funniest, at 1:04 :spit:

eHZXA2wl4p4

I had never seen the Fat Dave one before, I LOLed when I say it :lol:

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
:spit: Nalbandian? "he's going to kill me for this" :haha:

Looner
07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Roger's too perfect - :lol:
Canas - :superlol:
Nalbandian - :haha:. I think I have a clue who originated the nickname Fatbandian now in light of the fact Novak's a member of MTF.

Btw, is this filmed at Wimbledon? It seems like it was.

uxyzapenje
07-24-2012, 09:55 PM
He used to me so much fun. He still is I think, but less publicly bcs of stupid PRs and ATP rules and shit. I just hate those stick-up boring tennis pros who only say politically corect things and spin around 2-3 sentences like 'I'll do my best, every oppeonent is dificoult' and don't talk about anything non-tennis related

coluta
07-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I just hate those stick-up boring tennis pros who only say politically corect things and spin around 2-3 sentences like 'I'll do my best, every oppeonent is dificoult' and don't talk about anything non-tennis related

I remember Medvedev and his amazing presses. :)

RForever
07-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I liked these more

MlNk4qbNKKk

Me too, you were faster.

IOFH
07-24-2012, 10:10 PM
I never found this cocky, or negative, just taking the piss in good nature. The 2008 AO with staring down the umpires and opponents, "the King is dead" and his dad giving Fed the thumbs-down wasn't that good-natured though.

Motoflou
07-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I always loved his impressions, as long as he realized that tennis was of #1 importance.

What I hated...was his family. I mean, his family were so vocal and unlikable, I was sure they'd put a nail in the Djokocoffin before he even had a real shot.

:lol:

nick the greek
07-25-2012, 12:05 AM
I never found this cocky, or negative, just taking the piss in good nature. The 2008 AO with staring down the umpires and opponents, "the King is dead" and his dad giving Fed the thumbs-down wasn't that good-natured though.
Srdjan should do that more often to Arroganterer.

Henry Chinaski
07-25-2012, 12:11 AM
his tribute to the ramirez-hidalgo open-stance moonball and grunt was probably his finest moment

Alex999
07-25-2012, 12:42 AM
I miss his imitations. This is my favorite one :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnS-dLssiI&feature=relmfu
guys, I wanted to post the actual video instead of the link, but couldn't remember how... If anyone can remind me, or do it for me I'd appreciate it. I'm struggling with the VIDEO-ID part ...

motorhead
07-25-2012, 12:50 AM
his tribute to the ramirez-hidalgo open-stance moonball and grunt was probably his finest moment

RRH and Volandri are just hilarious :haha:

r3d_d3v1l_
07-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Man, i was looking for that Nalbandian impression for ages! Thanks man.

coluta
07-25-2012, 12:52 AM
This is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnS-dLssiI&feature=relmfu so the the code should be (with no spaces):

[ youtube ]GPnS-dLssiI&feature=relmfu[ /youtube ]

GPnS-dLssiI&feature=relmfu

emotion
07-25-2012, 01:19 AM
i miss when he showed more personality :(
and yeah, his family can be annoying

ZaZoo)
07-25-2012, 02:33 AM
All pale in comparison to Rafito/Shakira one. :lol:

qtroAInG-1A

Gabe32
07-25-2012, 03:30 AM
I like them but the funny thing is they aren't too good at all. Everyone goes crazy when the guy requests Nadal and Novak just starts picking at his shorts. That's not even an impression really!

Still funny nonetheless but I think he gets too much credit for this "talent." But at least he isn't hyper politically correct like Nadal and Roger. Nice to see some personality.

viruzzz
07-25-2012, 03:53 AM
Humblovic... I miss that guy.

NOW HE'S DEAD!!!!!

Amazing video.

Slade
07-25-2012, 04:36 AM
What the fuck Djokovic? David is not fat.

Alex999
07-25-2012, 04:49 AM
What the fuck Djokovic? David is not fat.
well, let's put it this way, Nole is anorexic :lol:, and jelous that Nalby can eat whatever he wants to ... (like gluten free burgers etc.) :D

Freak3yman84
07-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Soon to follow...(sorry, paint doesn't work to well :p)
http://i.imgur.com/K1dE8.jpg

Slade
07-25-2012, 04:56 AM
:lol:

Lazyking
07-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Classic

Time Violation
07-25-2012, 06:32 AM
I like them but the funny thing is they aren't too good at all. Everyone goes crazy when the guy requests Nadal and Novak just starts picking at his shorts. That's not even an impression really!

Watch the longer version, from the USO 2007 ;) And yea, Novak was much more fun then, these days it's all just business :)

Hypnotize
07-25-2012, 07:19 AM
His impersonations were always hilarious and brought some fun to the sport. It was just humourless prima-donnas like Federer and Nadal that took offense. :rolleyes:

RForever
07-25-2012, 08:29 AM
His impersonations were always hilarious and brought some fun to the sport. It was just humourless prima-donnas like Federer and Nadal that took offense. :rolleyes:

Give link to article how they were offended. I never heard about them taking it badly. I just think you are full of crap as usually.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free

The Fearhand
07-25-2012, 09:11 AM

You're full of sh1t.

mQzZiw0WAh4

Man I used to love Djo but since a couple years he's all business.
He can still mix it with fun and business and still be succesful. You can clearly see how genuine that part of him is and you can see that he's kind of missing it. Not only himself but tennis too. At least I am.

Jverweij
07-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah I liked Nole alot better when he was a free-spirited funny young bloke. Unfortunately alot of unnecessary comments from players who really can't take a joke have caused him to stop being like that.

Tennis could use a few more fools. I liked it alot when Youhzhny asked Agassi what to do last Wimbledon.

I miss the old Marcos Baghdatis too...and Safin :bigcry:

duong
07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Great ! :yeah:

I miss those :sad:

I remember Medvedev and his amazing presses. :)

happy that I'm not the only one remembering those :yeah:

Slade
07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Tennis could use a few more fools. I liked it alot when Youhzhny asked Agassi what to do last Wimbledon.

That was an amazing moment.

I also liked Djokovic better when he was more of a jester character

tripwires
07-25-2012, 10:10 AM
I've always liked his impersonations, so I don't understand the flak he drew over them.

Hypnotize
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Give link to article how they were offended. I never heard about them taking it badly. I just think you are full of crap as usually.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free
Somebody is full of crap but it sure as hell isn't me. :rolleyes:

http://www.goroger.net/interview/2007/usopen070909final.php
Q. Novak obviously has a lot of charisma off the court. He sort of won over the fans, and here in the media room he's very funny and quick wit. What do the players think of him? What's his reputation among the players on tour? What do you think of his personality?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, we don't talk too much about different players.

Q. What do you think of his personality?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, in the locker room he's always very respectful toward me, you know. He's pretty quiet. I only hear stuff. I didn't see the stuff he did on court the other day. I didn't see what apparently he did in the locker room either.

For me, these things, you know, I only hear. But people don't really talk about it. I know some guys weren't happy. I know some guys might think it's funny.

He's walking a tightrope, for sure. If fans like it, it's good for tennis, to be honest. It's good to have a character like him out there, there's no doubt.

tripwires
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
And that's offensive how? Haters grasping at straws as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

leng jai
07-25-2012, 11:03 AM

Q. Novak obviously has a lot of charisma off the court. He sort of won over the fans, and here in the media room he's very funny and quick wit. What do the players think of him? What's his reputation among the players on tour? What do you think of his personality?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, in the locker room he's always very respectful toward me, you know. He's pretty quiet. I only hear stuff. I didn't see the stuff he did on court the other day. I didn't see what apparently he did in the locker room either.

For me, these things, you know, I only hear. But people don't really talk about it. I know some guys weren't happy. I know some guys might think it's funny.

He's walking a tightrope, for sure. If fans like it, it's good for tennis, to be honest. It's good to have a character like him out there, there's no doubt.

What? Did you link the wrong article or was first line of your post sarcastic?

Looner
07-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Hypnotize demonstrating once more he sees differently than the rest of rational world.

Sophocles
07-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Hypnotize demonstrating once more he sees differently than the rest of rational world.

But it's always fun to have his unique perspective on things.

Hypnotize
07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
What? Did you link the wrong article or was first line of your post sarcastic?

A certain level of intelligence is required to interpret passive-aggressive comments. :rolleyes:

leng jai
07-25-2012, 11:43 AM
A certain level of intelligence is required to interpret passive-aggressive comments. :rolleyes:

Or bias.

Gagsquet
07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Not offensive. Phoneyrer is innocent in this case.

The Fearhand
07-25-2012, 12:16 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmqnb5zUT61qaw9slo1_500.gif

Looner
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Or delusion. You have quite a lot of the latter, mind you :).

This is all you need as proof as well. Gagsquet has sworn he'd try to piss off RF fans as much as possible and even he's acknowledging you're trying to stir shizz.

Not offensive. Phoneyrer is innocent in this case.

07-28-2012, 10:21 AM
That clip is another evidence that Djokovic has far more interesting personality than Federer.

Federer is boring.

Burrow
07-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I think Novak Djokovic tries too hard to be funny, tries too hard to be liked. It doesn't come effortlessly to him and to me seems very forced, unlike many charismatic players in times gone by and even currently.

bouncer7
07-28-2012, 12:58 PM
That clip is another evidence that Djokovic has far more interesting personality than Federer.

Federer is boring.

Fed is so dull like 99% of his fans. Just look around here.
He has no life out of tennis same like his fans who have no life out of this forum. Simple as that.Dull support dull, law of nature.

Johnny Groove
07-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I think Novak Djokovic tries too hard to be funny, tries too hard to be liked. It doesn't come effortlessly to him and to me seems very forced, unlike many charismatic players in times gone by and even currently.

Not everyone can Safin, Ivanisevic, or Nastase.

Alex999
07-28-2012, 04:49 PM
meh, Burrow. Nole doesn't try hard at all, it comes to him naturally and effortlessly. He is a born goof. Trust me, we who've been following him forever know this.

and yeah, I miss that young goofy Nole, nowadays he is just going after his own business, being always politically correct etc.

Looner
07-28-2012, 04:53 PM

I half-agree. I still give some props for trying but he's not as good to watch on a tennis court as RF, Safin, most of the new balls guys and he's nowhere near the charisma of some of the other dudes. Still, he's better than RN.

Burrow
07-28-2012, 05:09 PM
I half-agree. I still give some props for trying but he's not as good to watch on a tennis court as RF, Safin, most of the new balls guys and he's nowhere near the charisma of some of the other dudes. Still, he's better than RN.

I prefer Rafael Nadal, he doesn't come across as smarmy and smug. He can be completely obnoxious, like the Rosol match, but I prefer someone who doesn't crave love and attention.

Roddick is a staple for one of those guys who's an obnoxious bully against lower ranked opponents, but off court he has that way about him that is just naturally funny and deadpan, whereas Djokovic is obviously forcing the humour, which to me is counter productive.

07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
He has no life out of tennis same like his fans who have no life out of this forum. Simple as that.Dull support dull, law of nature.

I agree with you.

Singularity
07-29-2012, 12:32 PM
You know Federer personally then?