Tomas Berdych Will Win The Olympic Gold Medal [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tomas Berdych Will Win The Olympic Gold Medal

Pages : [1] 2

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 03:33 AM
You heard it here first - well, maybe not, but still...

After a few months flying under the radar and with his bete noire Nadal - who once won 20 consecutive sets off him and beat him every time since 2006 in pretty easy fashion - out of the picture, Berdych will come back with a vengeance and take the Olympic gold medal in singles.

He'll be #6 seed, which means that he will have to face, on paper, three of the top 4 seeds from QF on. Here they are:

Federer - well, he used to own Berdych back when he was in his prime and Tomas still not in his, but things are very different now. Ever since 2010, this is an extremely even matchup, with Federer struggling greatly with Berdych's easy power and amazing return of serve. The H2H is 3-3 in their last six matches, with Berdych coming agonizingly close to win in two of those three losses. In their last grasscourt meeting, Berdych beat Federer in 4 at Wimbledon, in a match where he killed Federer's serve, especially the second serve, in a way I only remember seeing Nalbandian doing back in the day. Fed is obviously a super tough rival but one that Berdych has a good chance of beating especially over three sets on grass. Also keep in mind Berdych announced his arrival on tour by beating prime Federer in the Athens Olympics in 2004.

Murray - H2H is 4-2 in favor of Berdych, who won their only Slam match as well. This is a very favorable match for Berdych, if he's 'on' it's his match to lose against Murray. He takes advantage of Murray's blocked returns like very few other players on tour.

Ferrer - Tomas will probably blow him to smithereens should they face on a fast grasscourt.

Djokovic - this will be the toughest matchup for Tomas. The H2H is 9-1 for Novak, and for good reason. Tomas has a history of choking against this particular opponent: each of them actually won the first set 5 times in their 10 meetings, but Novak always ends up prevailing. You can usually rely on Tomas to fold in crucial moments against Novak; interestingly, though, his only win came at this very venue in Wimbledon 2010, which certainly gives his fans some hope should this matchup occur.

As I see it, he'd be favorite against two of the top 4 seeds (overwhelming favorite vs Ferrer, maybe 50-50 vs Murray), have very good chances against one of them (Federer would be favorite but Tomas has shown that he can take him) and a clear underdog against Nole, who he nonetheless has beaten at the same venue. The best of 3 format should also help him; the top guys are more vulnerable in that format and he has less time to choke as well. Of course the final is over 5 sets, but getting there is the first step.

After being upset by a superb Gulbis at Wimbledon, he has had lots of time to practice on grass and plot his comeback at the Olympics. With his serve and groundstrokes firing on all cylinders, there's no reason why Tomas shouldn't aim for the gold, especially with his nemesis Nadal out of the picture. I believe he can do it. It is also worth nothing that the grass is new and since it'll be a one week tournament it will not be worn out by the time the late rounds are played, which greatly favors Tomas when facing the top 4 seeds.

Podj Tomas :rocker2: :cheerleader:

This thread is dedicated to my great friend and #1 Berdych fan, Jason :D

sexybeast
07-24-2012, 03:44 AM
It is absurd to think Djokovic is a thougher matchup on grass than Federer for Berdych. Federer in the summer 2010 sucked anyway, it is the worst form he had since he started dominating and Berdych was in the form of his life.

Berdych probably wont beat Federer coming in full force and full of confidence on grass, but he would actually be favorite against those others you listed on grass. He will probably lose to some nobody in 1st or 2nd round anyway.

!VamosRafa!
07-24-2012, 03:53 AM
:spit: :lol:

Yeah right :rolleyes:

I think everyone already knows the Gold is already Fed's.

Absolute Anthropoid
07-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Birdbrain certainly will have a decent chance.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 03:56 AM
It is absurd to think Djokovic is a thougher matchup on grass than Federer for Berdych. Federer in the summer 2010 sucked anyway, it is the worst form he had since he started dominating and Berdych was in the form of his life.

Berdych probably wont beat Federer coming in full force and full of confidence on grass, but he would actually be favorite against those others you listed on grass. He will probably lose to some nobody in 1st or 2nd round anyway.

I don't think Djokovic is a particularly tough matchup for Berdych ie he's a better player of course, but one Tomas should have chances to beat when 'on'. But Tomas has choked so much to Djokovic over the years I have very little confidence in such matchup. Even in the match that he did win in Wimbledon 2010, he did his best to choke the second set, only doublefaultovic stopped him from giving the match away.

I'm aware that beating Federer is obviously a very tough ask, but at least I'm more confident of Tomas playing at a high level all match and not choking in crucial moments against Federer. He also seems to read Federer's serve exceptionally well.

I also know there's a chance he could mug out in the first two rounds, but I'm hoping that he doesn't. With Nadal out, he has a very decent chance at a medal, even gold as he is capable to beat each of the top 4 seeds on this surface (even if he'd be underdog vs Federer and Nole).

Federer was also a lock for the gold in 2004 if I remember correctly. Berdych will spoil his party again, but this time go all the way and take the gold himself :p

guga2120
07-24-2012, 03:59 AM
You never know with Berdych, his ball bashing is not exactly predictable. I would not mind watching him win though, or just duplicate what he did in 2004.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 04:05 AM
You never know with Berdych, his ball bashing is not exactly predictable. I would not mind watching him win though, or just duplicate what he did in 2004.

You mean when he beat Federer and then lost to Taylor Dent? He better not do something like that this time.

The equivalent would be something like beating Federer in QF and then losing to Ferrer in semis. It'd kind of be typical Tomas, but he better not pull a stunt like that here :o

Federer4Everer
07-24-2012, 04:38 AM
First reaction, good call. Second reaction, I can't see him winning 2 or 3 amazing matches in a row. Third raction, if he makes the final, who is on the other side of the net? Fed getting that close, he will not blink and put Byrdy away. Murray, same. Djoko, same. Bottom line I just can't see him closing the deal in the last lap

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 04:46 AM
He'll lose in the first round 6-7, 6-7, Gulbis-style.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 04:46 AM
First reaction, good call. Second reaction, I can't see him winning 2 or 3 amazing matches in a row. Third raction, if he makes the final, who is on the other side of the net? Fed getting that close, he will not blink and put Byrdy away. Murray, same. Djoko, same. Bottom line I just can't see him closing the deal in the last lap

Murray isn't exactly known for his ruthlessness in major finals, is he? Agree about Federer and Nole, but Tomas would surely have a chance especially against Federer - against Nole too, but he's such a monumental choker whenever Nole is on the other side of the net I'd definitely rather see him face Federer. And there's always the chance we could have two surprising finalists; not likely, but could happen on best of 3 on grass, I suppose.

About the 2-3 amazing matches in a row, this is where Nadal's withdrawal helps him. He doesn't need to be amazing to defeat two of the top four seeds: a normal performance is more than enough to beat Ferrer and the matchup against Murray is favorable to him if he plays well. He could very well only have to play 1-2 great matches to have a chance at gold.

Arkulari
07-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Ferrer to win the gold over Mark Lenders' fave player :p :lol: (Berdych?)

Honestly, I'm gonna root for him to win because he's from my country and I like him a lot :)

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 05:08 AM
I want Mark Lenders to cry. Ferrer beating Berdych on grass would be pretty hilarious :haha:

Freak3yman84
07-24-2012, 05:10 AM
Bullspit. Berdych and Djokovic will lose to Young and Harrison, respectively. And you'll be bowing down to me when Young defeats Harrison in the finals.

MuzzahLovah
07-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Why do my Fed Jinx threads get deleted, and this remains? Mods?

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 05:18 AM

I rest my case. Mark Lenders, get ready to cry.

MuzzahLovah
07-24-2012, 05:26 AM
I rest my case. Mark Lenders, get ready to cry.

You think he really wants Berdych to win with this thread? That would be Sapeod-level.

mooncreek
07-24-2012, 05:31 AM
I can't see Berdych closing the deal in a gold (or bronze) medal match, unless the opponent is even less experienced than he is.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 05:35 AM

Because there's no such thing as a jinx and this is not a jinx thread. Nothing that I say on this forum will impact the results of the Olympics. It's a predictive/analytical thread, none of that absurd 'jinx' nonsense or whatever.

And yes, I do want Tomas to win the gold medal, it'd make me very happy :D

Ferrer to win the gold over Mark Lenders' fave player :p :lol: (Berdych?)

Honestly, I'm gonna root for him to win because he's from my country and I like him a lot :)

Berdych is not my favorite player, but he's up there for sure. And I'd definitely be on suicide watch if he lost an opportunity for a gold medal in a match against Ferrer of all players :p

Fair enough that you'll be rooting for your countrymen, can't say I wish them luck though ;)

I want Mark Lenders to cry. Ferrer beating Berdych on grass would be pretty hilarious :haha:

As said in the OP, Tomas will blow the Vulture to smithereens should they face on fast grasscourts. And it'd not be hilarious, it'd be a disastrous outcome for tennis.

dencod16
07-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Berdych is very unpredictable, it can happen, but to assume is just absurd. I think Djokovic or Federer will take gold. I hope its Roddick though, just hoping.

abraxas21
07-24-2012, 06:27 AM
it would be an awful result for tennis

HKz
07-24-2012, 06:34 AM
Really? You are counting one of the most inconsistent top 10 players right now to make it after winning only 1 match out of 3 on grass? Obviously with big hitters you never know, but right now Berdych has no fire in him at all.

As said in the OP, Tomas will blow the Vulture to smithereens should they face on fast grasscourts. And it'd not be hilarious, it'd be a disastrous outcome for tennis.

I'll really chuckle if they do meet and Ferrer wins.. Ferrer actually leads the H2H on both hardcourts and clay over Berdych. Not sure why you are setting yourself up for disappointment :shrug:

Johnbert
07-24-2012, 06:59 AM
basically he can win a medal, grass is a good surface for him. but there's also always the possibility with a early upset for thomas :(

Roger the Dodger
07-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Well, if Mark Lenders has himself said it, there must be something in the prediction.

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 07:32 AM
I believe nobody is currently ahead of Djokovic in two categories:

1. overall level of tennis
2. motivation to win this event.

So, I think he'll win it.

leng jai
07-24-2012, 07:34 AM

Haas and Federer both more motivated than Nole. In other words I think the title is Haas' to lose.

Roger the Dodger
07-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Haas and Federer both more motivated than Nole. In other words I think the title is Haas' to lose.

Haas has defeated both Djoker and Featherhead in best of three on grass. Can't see why his old bones won't handle the situation here.

Plus, his form has been great past few months.

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 07:38 AM

Don't know about Haas (well, he could be motivated though he just lost to Pico Monaco in straights after having a break lead..) but the other guy who refuses to play DC and rejects carrying his country's flag at the Olympics, while at the same time already having a gold medal (one which does not count in the context of his singles career though) doesn't strike me as a person who will dig deep if things become tough.

If Federer cries after losing, we'll know he really cared.

HKz
07-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Don't know about Haas (well, he could be motivated though he just lost to Pico Monaco in straights after having a break lead..) but the other guy who refuses to play DC and rejects carrying his country's flag at the Olympics, while at the same time already having a gold medal (one which does not count in the context of his singles career though) doesn't strike me as a person who will dig deep if things become tough.

Why would he not try his best at a once in a lifetime opportunity to play on grass and at Wimbledon again this year which is for the Olympics, where you just said the gold he got wasn't for singles. I'm sure he doesn't have as much motivation as the other guys :rolleyes:

Johnbert
07-24-2012, 07:47 AM
guys... you know that haas isn't nominated for the olympcis by the dosb (german olympic sports confederation) and doesn't play there?!...

Roger the Dodger
07-24-2012, 07:50 AM
guys... you know that haas isn't nominated for the olympcis by the dosb (german olympic sports confederation) and doesn't play there?!...

Well, I'm shocked. This is his swansong year.

Johnbert
07-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Well, I'm shocked. This is his swansong year.

it's a big debate here in germany, cause other athletes (like ariane friedrich, high jump) who are totally out of form are declared as a hardship case and starting at the olympics even if they also reached the norm of the dosb (like haas)...

Time Violation
07-24-2012, 08:02 AM
You think he really wants Berdych to win with this thread? That would be Sapeod-level.

Of course he wants, he's infatuated with big hitters :)

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Why would he not try his best at a once in a lifetime opportunity to play on grass and at Wimbledon again this year which is for the Olympics, where you just said the gold he got wasn't for singles. I'm sure he doesn't have as much motivation as the other guys :rolleyes:

It's my impression that, regardless of what he says, he never really cared for this event (and even less for DC) deep down, and that's why he hasn't won any of them...

leng jai
07-24-2012, 08:10 AM

That's the joke.

:sobbing:

Slice Winner
07-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Don't forget that despite you making it look like he has a really healthy h2h with Fed in the OP, Fed leads Berdych 11-4, and he's 2-1 in the last two years (2-0 since USO last year).
It's not like Berdych beat him 3 times in the last six months.
Federer is also 2-1 against Berdych on grass.

Julián Santiago
07-24-2012, 08:29 AM

What an idiot you are.

Federer played 21 ties for Switzerland, with 41-14 W-L in singles+doubles.

He refused to carry the flag because he carried it since the Sydney Olympics and he wanted another player to do that.

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 08:42 AM
:haha: Ferrer will crush Birdshits sorry little ass

Birdshit; loses Wimby to a player who goes out in r2- that's shit! (and in straights)
Ferrer; Loses to finalist in 4 very close sets (much better)

Suk it Lenders, Ferrer on grass in 2012 >>>>>>>>> Berdych :wavey:

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 09:12 AM
What an idiot you are.

Federer played 21 ties for Switzerland, with 41-14 W-L in singles+doubles.

He refused to carry the flag because he carried it since the Sydney Olympics and he wanted another player to do that.

Let's just remember his recent Davis Cup adventure.

Didn't he lose to Isner, on clay, at home, and then blame Wawrinka? :spit:

What. A. Fucking. Guy.

A real selfless patriot if I EVER saw one.

Slice Winner
07-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Let's just remember his recent Davis Cup adventure.

Didn't he lose to Isner, on clay, at home, and then blame Wawrinka? :spit:

What. A. Fucking. Guy.

A real selfless patriot if I EVER saw one.

PJajOHb95fs

Still mad, brah? :lol:

cardio
07-24-2012, 09:43 AM
IMO, it is between Djoko and Fed mostly. Murka and Tsonga has outside chances. Berdych ... well, not so much. There is a reason why he hasnt done shit this year,he should have won that blue ice rink Madrid at least, against injured Fed , but he choked again. (what else is new ?)

After that loss all went downhill. One has to be very brave ( or very desperate) to put his faith ( or money ) on player who won grand total 1 ( !!!) match on grass this year , vs Troicki ... It says a lot about his form and confidence level.

tyruk14
07-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Lol.

Looner
07-24-2012, 10:06 AM

:haha:.

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Still mad, brah? :lol:

Didn't even watch tennis then.

LOLUMAD? :D

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 10:08 AM
:haha:.

Well, if Djokovic wasn't sick during the Wimbledon semifinal, and had actually won that event, things couldn't be clearer.

This way you'll just have to wait and see.

Looner
07-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Well, if Djokovic wasn't sick during the Wimbledon semifinal, and had actually won that event, things couldn't be clearer.

This way you'll just have to wait and see.

Do go on. :haha:.

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Do go on. :haha:.

Because Djokovic is, for the last 2 years at least, a better player than Olderer on all surfaces.

You should hold onto this lucky Wimbledon :) Hold onto it like it's the last thing on this planet. Because it might be the last one for your idol.

Looner
07-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Didn't even watch tennis then.

LOLUMAD? :D

Explains a lot.

Johnbert
07-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Because Djokovic is, for the last 2 years at least, a better player than Olderer on all surfaces.

You should hold onto this lucky Wimbledon :) Hold onto it like it's the last thing on this planet. Because it might be the last one for your idol.

wow, he's better in his prime than a almost 31-year-old federer :eek:

Looner
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Now for a serious post. Berdych is very dangerous when on and you never know what he'll do. The Olympics will be very tricky, as a lot of guys will be unseeded such as Raonic and Roddick.

Berdy can potentially blow off anyone off the court except Roger and even then he finds it difficult when Berdy's return and serve is working.

Federer in 2
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Come on Mark, you are killing me here :facepalm:
Now I can't decide which quarter I want Ferrer to be in, Tsonga's or Berdych's. Wanna prove you wrong against both :X

Slice Winner
07-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Berdych could be a threat if he gets to the semis and turns God mode on.
But we know he can lose to any random scrub in R1 if he feels like it.
Have to say, would not be surprised at all to see Ferrer out-grind Berdych.

duarte_a
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Ah.....not.

Can't complain really. 17 slams is not that bad.

uxyzapenje
07-24-2012, 10:31 AM
No, he will not. This gold is too important to Novak, Roger and Andy just to 'let' Berdych get it.
Only way is that it's him vs Fed in SF, he somehow beats him, Murray takes out Novak in other SF and then chokes in the final. But the chances for this are low.

Can you be a less of a tard pls?

uxyzapenje
07-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Ah.....not.

Can't complain really. 17 slams is not that bad.

You're right if you count indoors as a 'surface' bcs Novak was better on hard, clay and grass. Even though Fed beat him, in last TWO years Novak has a win and a SF in SW19 and Fed has a win and a QF. You saying Novak was better on all surfaces than Fed in last 2 years is like me saying Novak has a better career then Roger overall - delusional BS

FlameOn
07-24-2012, 10:54 AM
I'd love that to happen :tears:.

r3d_d3v1l_
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Do you remember what happened after Berdych lost that tight match against Federer in Toronto 2010? He went downhill.

Same thing this year after Madrid final. He won´t win crap.

finishingmove
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Explains a lot.

Don't try to fool people (or yourself) into thinking you understand anything.

wow, he's better in his prime than a almost 31-year-old federer :eek:

Some Federer fans think he has not declined at all :shrug:

Maybe he found the fountain of youth.

Looner
07-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Don't try to fool people (or yourself) into thinking you understand anything.

:haha:

Hypnotize
07-24-2012, 11:03 AM
He is certainly well rested as he hasn't played since the Gulbis match. I can't see him winning gold though.

Moozza
07-24-2012, 11:12 AM
No, he will not. This gold is too important to Novak, Roger and Andy just to 'let' Berdych get it.
Only way is that it's him vs Fed in SF, he somehow beats him, Murray takes out Novak in other SF and then chokes in the final. But the chances for this are low.

Can you be a less of a tard pls?

Why would Murray choke against an inferior player like Berdych?

Moozza
07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I can't see how Berdych would get past Ferrer should they meet. Dave is just the better player these days.

henke007
07-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Berdych will lose to random vulture..

GSMnadal
07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
What sport are we talking about here? Because Berdych ain't getting near gold in tennis. Maybe if he enters the Czech waterpolo squad.

uxyzapenje
07-24-2012, 12:28 PM
What sport are we talking about here? Because Berdych ain't getting near gold in tennis. Maybe if he enters the Czech waterpolo squad.

Hell no, we (Serbia) got waterpolo covered. Novak and those guys are our best hopes for gold :) And Czechs didn't even qualify, so no gold for Berdych :D

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 03:20 PM

if he hops in Jessica Ennis's pants he has a better chance of a medal.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 03:59 PM
You guys are seriously claiming Ferrer would beat Berdych? Let's not be absurd, this is a fast grasscourt, not like the clay of second week Wimbledon. Ferrer will get blown off the court if he even makes it that far, which he only will if he doesn't face any decent grasscourt player in the early rounds.

Well, if Mark Lenders has himself said it, there must be something in the prediction.

This man speaks the truth. Most reasonable post in this thread.

:haha: Your a funny Mark. Gulbis anyone? Failure is a dish best served Ferru :)

Gulbis is infinitely more talented than Ferrer. Ferrer simply doesn't have the serve or the power to do what Gulbis did. Ernest is a mercurial talent, who can beat anyone, even Federer.

Ferrer on the other hand...

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
You guys are seriously claiming Ferrer would beat Berdych? Let's not be absurd, this is a fast grasscourt, not like the clay of second week Wimbledon. Ferrer will get blown off the court if he even makes it that far, which he only will if he doesn't face any decent grasscourt player in the early rounds

:haha: Your a funny Mark. Gulbis anyone? Failure is a dish best served Ferru :)

rocketassist
07-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Why would Murray choke against an inferior player like Berdych?

Berdych's effortless power off both wings and ability to cleanly hit corners and lines make him an awkward match up for Murray, albeit more so on clay where Murray's loopy shots sit up easier for him. But he's no gimme and Andy would not like to see him in his quarter for Wimbledon.

Out of the 'big hitters' he's the toughest opponent for Murray by a mile.

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Read it and weep Mark, The rise of Ferrer is upon us, perhaps the most talented man never to win a french open. :worship:

:haha: Ferrer will crush Birdshits sorry little ass

Birdshit; loses Wimby to a player who goes out in r2- that's shit! (and in straights)
Ferrer; Loses to finalist in 4 very close sets (much better)

Suk it Lenders, Ferrer on grass in 2012 >>>>>>>>> Berdych :wavey:

buddyholly
07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Only if a ball doesn't come close to his upper arm, causing him to quit in protest against the lack of Olympic spirit.

Lugburz
07-24-2012, 04:25 PM
I'd love to see Berdych winning Olympics, ofc if Kohli, Wawri or Gasquet can't take it. Should bring a new level in tennis ..

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Read it and weep Mark, The rise of Ferrer is upon us, perhaps the most talented man never to win a french open. :worship:

:superlol: This is some top level trolling. On a serious note, though, that title belongs to either Coria or Djokovic.

I'd love to see Berdych winning Olympics, ofc if Kohli, Wawri or Gasquet can't take it. Should bring a new level in tennis ..

Those three will not win, especially not Gasquet, so you should definitely join Team Berdych. It's gathering momentum as we speak :)

GSMnadal
07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
if he hops in Jessica Ennis's pants he has a better chance of a medal.

Screw the gold medal, this sounds way more fun :p

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 04:34 PM
:superlol: This is some top level trolling. On a serious note, though, that title belongs to either Coria or Djokovic.

Those three will not win, especially not Gasquet, so you should definitely join Team Berdych. It's gathering momentum as we speak :)

Team Berdych :haha:, its all about Ferru today :rocker2: Where did Berdych get to in Wimby? Ferru lost to eventual runner up giving an even bigger challenge to Muzzah than your other hero Tsonga. Ferru in 2012 = :worship:

Coria and Djokovic :lol: a choker and mug, please don't compare them to Ferrer.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Team Berdych :haha:, its all about Ferru today :rocker2: Where did Berdych get to in Wimby? Ferru lost to eventual runner up giving an even bigger challenge to Muzzah than your other hero Tsonga. Ferru in 2012 = :worship:

Coria and Djokovic :lol: a choker and mug, please don't compare them to Ferrer.

As always, Ferrer choked as soon as he had the chance of doing something important failing to serve out the second set against Murray. It's what he always does, just keep the score close enough and you can always rely on Ferrer to choke.

Ferrer is both a choker and a mug :p

And yes, Team Berdych :rocker2:

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 04:42 PM
fo7j9G3C8Qc

watch it and weep mark :lol:

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 04:43 PM
fo7j9G3C8Qc

Suck itttttttttttttt.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 04:44 PM
fo7j9G3C8Qc

Why would I weep? Gulbis played the kind of tennis I like and did so incredibly, so not really that upset that he won. Not to mention I knew Tomas didn't stand a chance at Wimbledon ever since I saw Djokovic in his quarter.

If you really want to make me weep, show me the video of the Murray vs Tsonga semi. I still can't get over Jo's clown net approaches and second serves into Murray's backhand, and just mug tactics in general :o

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Why would I weep? Gulbis played the kind of tennis I like and did so incredibly, so not really that upset that he won.

If you really want to make me weep, show me the video of the Murray vs Tsonga semi. I still can't get over Jo's clown net approaches and second serves into Murray's backhand, and just mug tactics in general :o

Jo just got beat by a better player. As I have said, Tsonga's net play is overated. :p

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Jo just got beat by a better player. As I have said, Tsonga's net play is overated. :p

His net play is fine. It's his amateur, clown approach shots that make him volley shit :facepalm:

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Tsonga would have probably won that match if it had been played in the first week or maybe even indoors under the roof. Even his clown tactics wouldn't have mattered if the surface was fast enough not to allow Murray to take full swings on some of those passing shots.

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 04:50 PM
His net play is fine. It's his amateur, clown approach shots that make him volley shit :facepalm:

yeah, sorry I include approaches to net play, thats what I meant. Still could be worse, he could have Duck's approach!

Lugburz
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM

I'll keep believing :p but if Berdychs wins it, ALL fine with me

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Tsonga would have probably won that match if it had been played in the first week or maybe even indoors under the roof. Even his clown tactics wouldn't have mattered if the surface was fast enough not to allow Murray to take full swings on some of those passing shots.

The conditions wouldn't have mattered really. Tsonga just wasn't playing all that well in general, throughout the entire fortnight. His will to fight was what made it somewhat close towards the latter stages, and even then it wasn't a particularly good loss for his part :o

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Screw the gold medal, this sounds way more fun :p

indeed, Ennis :inlove:

http://marieclaire.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/11116%7C000058cbc%7C8b16_orh380w285_Jessica-Ennis-LP.jpg

BroTree123
07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Fuck yeah... SHE IS the Gold Medal.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
https://instagr.am/p/NeHrY3nv72/media/?size=l

Tomas training with Federer at SW19, already plotting his way to victory. All part of a plan to get in Federer's head and make him unveil all his tricks.

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 05:49 PM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/Rogihehe.gif

Federer after seeing Berdych in action.

DJ Soup
07-24-2012, 05:54 PM
isn't the finals a 5 setter? keep in mind

Moozza
07-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Berdych's effortless power off both wings and ability to cleanly hit corners and lines make him an awkward match up for Murray, albeit more so on clay where Murray's loopy shots sit up easier for him. But he's no gimme and Andy would not like to see him in his quarter for Wimbledon.

Out of the 'big hitters' he's the toughest opponent for Murray by a mile.

Murray definately struggles against Berdych, but if you were to bet on one player to choke in the match, then the safe money would be on Berdych.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Murray definately struggles against Berdych, but if you were to bet on one player to choke in the match, then the safe money would be on Berdych.

At least you recognize that Murray would most likely need a Berdych choke to pull through.

Moozza
07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
At least you recognize that Murray would most likely need a Berdych choke to pull through.

Not really, Berdych could just play a bad match, that is his inconsistent nature.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Not really, Berdych could just play a bad match, that is his inconsistent nature.

So I rephrase: you assume that Murray would need Berdych to either choke monumentally or play a bad match in order to pull off the win :p

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM

Murray is far superior to Tomas, better consistency, net play, backhand, fitness, movement etc etc. Berdych would be a sitting duck to the superior tactics of Muzzah.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Murray is far superior to Tomas, better consistency, net play, backhand, fitness, movement etc etc. Berdych would be a sitting duck to the superior tactics of Muzzah.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=BA47&oId=MC10

Then explain this. 3-1 Tomas since Murray broke the top 5 and the only Slam meeting was a rout in Tomas's favor. Wasn't Tomas supposed to be a sitting duck? Looks like the other way round :p

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 08:10 PM

Then explain this. 3-1 Tomas since Murray broke the top 5 and the only Slam meeting was a rout in Tomas's favor. Wasn't Tomas supposed to be a sitting duck? Looks like the other way round :p

Muzzah reLoaded is here, Lendl won't let his own country man beat him, Murray will crush him like a Rock will crush a spineless ejacuzee. I expect a 6-2 6-2 scoreline if they meet. And that is if Murray is destracted by Kim Sears lucious locks during the match.

Kat_YYZ
07-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Tomas training with Federer at SW19, already plotting his way to victory. All part of a plan to get in Federer's head and make him unveil all his tricks.

not likely. Fed is goofy and just trying things out in practices. He won't give away anything ;)

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 08:29 PM
not likely. Fed is goofy and just trying things out in practices. He won't give away anything ;)

Well, they played a practice set and Tomas won 7-6. Surely a sign of things to come :p

Muzzah reLoaded is here, Lendl won't let his own country man beat him, Murray will crush him like a Rock will crush a spineless ejacuzee. I expect a 6-2 6-2 scoreline if they meet. And that is if Murray is destracted by Kim Sears lucious locks during the match.

Lendl was already Murray's coach in Monte Carlo and still he couldn't stop Tomas. Just face it: Murray doesn't possess the tactical nous required to derail Tomas ;)

JurajCrane
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Speaking about medal, I think Haas could snatch one. Berdych too, Tsonga ditto. It all depends on draw and what places they get.

EDIT : Haas isn´t nominated ? Oh, that sucks !

Looner
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Really seems like Berdych stands no chance. Roger rarely practices with anyone but his personal mugs except for WTF.

Singularity
07-24-2012, 08:55 PM

Two of those wins were on clay, though.

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Lendl was already Murray's coach in Monte Carlo and still he couldn't stop Tomas. Just face it: Murray doesn't possess the tactical nous required to derail Tomas ;)

That was lulling you and Tomas into a false sense of security. It's worked it seems.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Speaking about medal, I think Haas could snatch one. Berdych too, Tsonga ditto. It all depends on draw and what places they get.

EDIT : Haas isn´t nominated ? Oh, that sucks !

Haas could but he won't as he is not participating I think. Tsonga or Berdych could too obviously.

Really seems like Berdych stands no chance. Roger rarely practices with anyone but his personal mugs except for WTF.

Well, not this time, that's for sure. Either that or it's time for some revenge of the mugs :p

Two of those wins were on clay, though.

Clay is as legitimate as any other surface.

That was lulling you and Tomas into a false sense of security. It's worked it seems.

Lendl is just jealous that by the time Tomas flies home with a gold medal he will a national hero. People in Czech Republic will be asking "Lendl who?" ;)

Singularity
07-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Clay is as legitimate as any other surface.

Right, but we're talking about Berdych's chances against Murray at the Olympics.

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Right, but we're talking about Berdych's chances against Murray at the Olympics.

Well, they never played on grass, so we'll have to wait and see how their matchup works on the surface.

Freak3yman84
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Well, they never played on grass, so we'll have to wait and see how their matchup works on the surface.

You're worrying about the wrong person. What about Young taking out Murray? I think so. Young has beaten Murray before, so watch out for the "upset" ;)

Mark Lenders
07-24-2012, 10:20 PM
You're worrying about the wrong person. What about Young taking out Murray? I think so. Young has beaten Murray before, so watch out for the "upset" ;)

Sure. Murray will only live up to his seeding if he's lucky enough to avoid giants like Young, Bogomolov and Anderson :p

Freak3yman84
07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Sure. Murray will only live up to his seeding if he's lucky enough to avoid giants like Young, Bogomolov and Anderson :p

THANK YOU! Someone is finally listening to me!

TigerTim
07-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Lendl is just jealous that by the time Tomas flies home with a gold medal he will a national hero. People in Czech Republic will be asking "Lendl who?" ;)

Before remembering Lendl as the guy who dominated tennis and won to such and extent that he probably shits gold medals.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
So far, hated and impartial (and some partial analysts) have replied to this thread. But where are the Berdych fans? Come on guys, need your help to cheer for Tomas en route to the Olympic gold :p

BTW, what draw do you think Berdych would prefer. Being #6 seed he'll be projected to face a top 4 seed in QF and semis. Here are the different possibilities:

1-Djokovic QF + Murray semis
2-Murray QF + Djokovic semis
3-Djokovic QF + Ferrer semis
4-Ferrer QF + Djokovic semis
5-Federer QF + Murray semis
6-Murray QF + Federer semis
7-Federer QF + Ferrer semis
8-Ferrer QF + Federer semis

These are the only eight chances, which ones would the Berdych fans out there prefer? I'll tell mine and explain later :p

Before remembering Lendl as the guy who dominated tennis and won to such and extent that he probably shits gold medals.

But then they will remember that Lendl could never win in SW19 and they will realize that Berdych > Lendl :p

Freak3yman84
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Definitely number 8. Ferrer can't do anything to Berdych on grass, and Berdych has beaten Fed at Wimbledon, AND the Olympics so it'll be double trouble for the Fed!

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Definitely number 8. Ferrer can't do anything to Berdych on grass, and Berdych has beaten Fed at Wimbledon, AND the Olympics so it'll be double trouble for the Fed!

Yeah, number 8 would give him as close to a free pass to the semis as possible, thus giving him a chance to at least fight for medals of course.

That said, from a getting the gold perspective, maybe it'd be better for Tomas to face Novak in best of 3 instead of a potential best of 5 final? I'm not still fully decided which would be the best possible draw for Tomas.

Freak3yman84
07-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah, number 8 would give him as close to a free pass to the semis as possible, thus giving him a chance to at least fight for medals of course.

That said, from a getting the gold perspective, maybe it'd be better for Tomas to face Novak in best of 3 instead of a potential best of 5 final? I'm not still fully decided which would be the best possible draw for Tomas.

Good point, but with number 8 he'd get to the final easily which would mean that Djoko would have to get to the final, so then it could give the possibility of Djoko losing to Murray in the Semis ;) I think that'd best the best case scenario. Of course being someone who isn't a fan of Berdych, I would probably go apeshit if all of this happened.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Good point, but with number 8 he'd get to the final easily which would mean that Djoko would have to get to the final, so then it could give the possibility of Djoko losing to Murray in the Semis ;) I think that'd best the best case scenario. Of course being someone who isn't a fan of Berdych, I would probably go apeshit if all of this happened.

Easily? He'd have to go through Federer, although he can beat him definitely Federer would be the clear favorite. It'd kind of give him a free pass to the semis though, which would be great.

I guess there are advantages for both scenarios: if he's drawn in Federer's half, he avoids Djokovic en route to the final, if he faces Federer only in semis (ie Ferrer or Murray in QF) he has either a free pass (Ferrer) or a great chance (Murray) to reach semis. If he's drawn in Nole's half, he doesn't risk facing the toughest opponent for him in the draw in a potential best of 5 final, he'd stand a better chance over 3 sets.

Freak3yman84
07-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Easily? He'd have to go through Federer, although he can beat him definitely Federer would be the clear favorite. It'd kind of give him a free pass to the semis though, which would be great.

I guess there are advantages for both scenarios: if he's drawn in Federer's half, he avoids Djokovic en route to the final, if he faces Federer only in semis (ie Ferrer or Murray in QF) he has either a free pass (Ferrer) or a great chance (Murray) to reach semis. If he's drawn in Nole's half, he doesn't risk facing the toughest opponent for him in the draw in a potential best of 5 final, he'd stand a better chance over 3 sets.

Sorry, I meant easiest possible way to the final. But he wouldn't necessarily have to play Djoko in the finals. Murray is capable of pulling the upset with it being in GB and Best of 3. I think that'd be Berdych's best chance imo :shrug:

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Sorry, I meant easiest possible way to the final. But he wouldn't necessarily have to play Djoko in the finals. Murray is capable of pulling the upset with it being in GB and Best of 3. I think that'd be Berdych's best chance imo :shrug:

Fair enough I guess. Murray or even Tsonga; the grass has been regrown and will not be worn out by the latter rounds unlike Wimbledon; Tsonga can be a beast on fast grasscourts, he could definitely take out Nole if they face.

Freak3yman84
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Fair enough I guess. Murray or even Tsonga; the grass has been regrown and will not be worn out by the latter rounds unlike Wimbledon; Tsonga can be a beast on fast grasscourts, he could definitely take out Nole if they face.

Yup, Tsonga or Murray could pull the upset. I think Tsonga making the upset is actually a lot more likely. But none of this will be relevant when Young takes the Gold over Harrison :cool:

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Tomas can beat anyone on his day. Everyone knows that. Who is gonna be his toughest match up? I agree with Mark that the current Djokovic could be tougher match up for Tomas than Fed. Even on grass.

Fed isn't a great defender and his movement isn't as good as Djokovic's which means Tomas can hit through Fed way easier than hitting through Nole.

The other thing is the ROS. Tomas should hold his serves games easier vs Fed given that he is a worse returner than Nole.

Also there is a reason why Tomas almost always playing great vs Fed. Fed isn't a bad match up for him. It's decent match up. 50-50. The better player on the day wins.

Tomas's toughest oppenents are the like of Nadal, Djokovic and Delpo. Even If he plays his best, that might not be enough to beat these guys. His match vs Nadal in AO this year is the prof of what I said. He had to paint the lines 767908 times to win a point vs Nadal which is ridiculous. No one can do that consistently on a slow surface vs Nadal. Only Soderling who managed to do that but he played unreal/sick/unbelieveble tennis that day. That type of tennis level cannot be repeated vs Nadal on clay/slow surface even by Soderling himself.

Nadal being out of the Olympics is great news for Tomas because he is his toughest match up. I believe he will compete on a medal if he plays well. I just hope won't draw Djokovic in QF. I think he has better chances vs the other top 4 seeds.

Mechlan
07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Ideal draw for Berdych in my opinion is Djokovic in the quarters, Ferrer in the semis, and Federer in the final (assuming he has to go through 3 of the top 4 anyway).

Djokovic is always going to be his toughest opponent, so it's probably best to play him as early as possible. Best of 3, earlier before Djokovic fully finds his game and the grass gets too chewed up are all to Tomas' advantage. If he has to play Djokovic, the QF is his best chance to beat him.

Ferrer is the easiest of the bunch by far, though it's by no means as easy as Lenders makes it. Ideally Tomas would play him in the final, but that's probably just not going to happen. SF is the best he could hope for.

For the final, it's either Federer or Murray. Between him and Murray, I think Murray would be tougher to beat over 5 (specifically for Berdych, not in general). Federer is vulnerable in best of 5 matches in terms of maintaining his level of play. Also this is in England, so I think not having to deal with the crowd would probably help Tomas. This is a pretty close call though. Berdych plays well against both these guys and would definitely get chances against either.

Lugburz
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Its gonna be very interesting what Berdych can do after kinda disappointing Wimbly exit.. He's got my support ;)

rocketassist
07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Tomas can beat anyone on his day. Everyone knows that. Who is gonna be his toughest match up? I agree with Mark that the current Djokovic could be tougher match up for Tomas than Fed. Even on grass.

Fed isn't a great defender and his movement isn't as good as Djokovic's which means Tomas can hit through Fed way easier than hitting through Nole.

The other thing is the ROS. Tomas should hold his serves games easier vs Fed given that he is a worse returner than Nole.

Also there is a reason why Tomas almost always playing great vs Fed. Fed isn't a bad match up for him. It's decent match up. 50-50. The better player on the day wins.

Tomas's toughest oppenents are the like of Nadal, Djokovic and Delpo. Even If he plays his best, that might not be enough to beat these guys. His match vs Nadal in AO this year is the prof of what I said. He had to paint the lines 767908 times to win a point vs Nadal which is ridiculous. No one can do that consistently on a slow surface vs Nadal. Only Soderling who managed to do that but he played unreal/sick/unbelieveble tennis that day. That type of tennis level cannot be repeated vs Nadal on clay/slow surface even by Soderling himself.

Nadal being out of the Olympics is great news for Tomas because he is his toughest match up. I believe he will compete on a medal if he plays well. I just hope won't draw Djokovic in QF. I think he has better chances vs the other top 4 seeds.

Concrete proof of how much the courts got slowed down even compared to say, 2007 when aggressors could still outhit him off clay.

Looner
07-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Lol at some saying Djokovic is a good defender and is a worse match-up for Berdych than Federer. This is grass. Not 2nd week half-clay, half-grass at best but brand new grass which would be a lot less worn down.

We saw Djokovic unable to keep his footwork in Madrid and losing to Tipsy and the same was somewhat evident in his SF against Federer. Federer moves better on the surface (actual grass) than Djoker. No matter how well the current #2 defends, he still needs to move to the ball and his movement on grass is just not as good when it's not been worn down.

I would say both Fed and Djoko are tough for Berdie but Roger is tougher by a mile. If he could beat him on the Madrid surface where defence is nigh impossible, I doubt he'll find it that much more difficult to beat him at Wimbledon.

Finally, where's all this toughest opponent BS coming from? In 2010, Federer was injured and out of form and he still took a set from Berdych who went on to blow Djokovic off the court in the semifinals. Someone really needs to look a bit deeper to see what's likelier.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Great analysis, I agree with pretty much everything. Nole is a tougher matchup for Tomas for a few reasons: (a) Nole's insane defending (b) Nole's return. Berdych has very poor first serve %, Djokovic always punishes his second serves in ways that Federer can't. (c) Berdych is a mental midget against Novak. Even in the one match he did win, he did his best to choke, only doublefaultovic didn't let him.

Federer is a matchup where he actually stands a decent chance, especially as he usually manages to get a good read on Federer's serve and return it extremely well.

And yeah, I remember that AO match, it was ridiculous. Tomas played some of the best tennis I've ever seen from him, painting lines and corners at will and still couldn't pull if off. Nadal is an almost unsurmountable matchup for him (on slow surfaces), Rafa once won 20 sets in a row vs Tomas :eek: Aggressive big hitters just can't make a dent vs Rafa on slow surfaces except if they can play their absolute best for the entire match (like Soda in 2009), which obviously only happens once in a blue moon. For Tomas, it's even worse as Rafa can exploit some of his movement deficiencies like no other player too, it's just a huge mismatch. Bet Tomas breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Rafa pulled out.

I also hope he doesn't face Nole in QF. If he doesn't, he definitely has a good shot at a medal, even gold if he can somehow play his best tennis during the entire tournament :)

Concrete proof of how much the courts got slowed down even compared to say, 2007 when aggressors could still outhit him off clay.

Plexicuxion is a mug surface. I'm definitely not waking up early next year to see Murray, Nadal and Djokovic engage in six hour grindathons again on a hardcourt, enough is enough. I'm going to hope against all hopes someone can take out Murray and/or Nadal earlier (Djokovic can play attacking tennis if he's not playing vs a mega pusher).

Lol at some saying Djokovic is a good defender and is a worse match-up for Berdych than Federer. This is grass. Not 2nd week half-clay, half-grass at best but brand new grass which would be a lot less worn down.

We saw Djokovic unable to keep his footwork in Madrid and losing to Tipsy and the same was somewhat evident in his SF against Federer. Federer moves better on the surface (actual grass) than Djoker. No matter how well the current #2 defends, he still needs to move to the ball and his movement on grass is just not as good when it's not been worn down.

I would say both Fed and Djoko are tough for Berdie but Roger is tougher by a mile. If he could beat him on the Madrid surface where defence is nigh impossible, I doubt he'll find it that much more difficult to beat him at Wimbledon.

Finally, where's all this toughest opponent BS coming from? In 2010, Federer was injured and out of form and he still took a set from Berdych who went on to blow Djokovic off the court in the semifinals. Someone really needs to look a bit deeper to see what's likelier.

Matchup wise, there might not be much grounds to claim Novak is tougher. However, as a Tomas fan, I believe he can win when he faces Federer, I don't hold that belief when he faces Novak at all. You could write a book on all the times Berdych choked against Novak over the years, even in the one match where he did win.

I do believe he can take Federer though; the matchup has been very balanced ever since Tomas rised back in 2010 (and Federer declined a bit too obviously). Even in the Madrid final, Berdych didn't serve well at all and still came very close to win; I think he'd have beaten Federer in Madrid had they not faced in the final (although I can't prove it of course). Berdych and finals :o, let's just say it's not a very happy story.

Federer would be favorite vs Tomas, but I'd give Tomas a good chance to pull the upset for sure. Ferrer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Murray>>>Federer>>>>>Nole is how I'd rank Tomas's easiest to toughest opponents in the top 4 seeds.

Ideal draw for Berdych in my opinion is Djokovic in the quarters, Ferrer in the semis, and Federer in the final (assuming he has to go through 3 of the top 4 anyway).

Djokovic is always going to be his toughest opponent, so it's probably best to play him as early as possible. Best of 3, earlier before Djokovic fully finds his game and the grass gets too chewed up are all to Tomas' advantage. If he has to play Djokovic, the QF is his best chance to beat him.

Ferrer is the easiest of the bunch by far, though it's by no means as easy as Lenders makes it. Ideally Tomas would play him in the final, but that's probably just not going to happen. SF is the best he could hope for.

For the final, it's either Federer or Murray. Between him and Murray, I think Murray would be tougher to beat over 5 (specifically for Berdych, not in general). Federer is vulnerable in best of 5 matches in terms of maintaining his level of play. Also this is in England, so I think not having to deal with the crowd would probably help Tomas. This is a pretty close call though. Berdych plays well against both these guys and would definitely get chances against either.

I understand the line of thought, but if he faces Novak in QF his chances of not getting a medal at all will be exponentially bigger. True that if he beats Novak his chances of gold rise, but chances of not getting any medal do too. It's really a pick your poison kind of situation.

And in no way, shape or form would Murray be a tougher opponent in the final than Federer. Tomas matches up better against Murray and the Scot is also more likely to choke in a big final.

Tomas beat Nole only once and that was in Nole's worst year in his career. Anyone could beat Djokovic in 2010. 2010 wasn't Fed's worst year.

The number of sets won vs Nole: 7.
The number of sets won vs Fed: 12.

Besides we are taliking about the current Federer not prime Federer. Prime Federer was a bad match up for big hitters but the current Fed can be blown off the court by a big hitter on a good day.

Even against Prime Fed though, Tomas snaked a big win in Olympics 2004. He has always been a tougher matchup for Federer than his ranking could indicate - even when he was outside the top 20 he could trouble, even if not beat bar that one time, peak Federer.

It's mostly because he can read the Federer serve very well. In Cincy 2011 and Wimbledon 2012, he pulverized Federer's second serve in a way I only remember seeing Nalbandian doing back in the day.

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Tomas beat Nole only once and that was in Nole's worst year in his career. Anyone could beat Djokovic in 2010. 2010 wasn't Fed's worst year. I'm not saying that that Berdych can't/woudn't beat Nole 2.0. No, of course he can but it will be very tough for him to pull off the win even if he plays very well.

The number of sets won vs Nole: 7.
The number of sets won vs Fed: 12.

Besides we are talking about the current Federer not prime Federer. Prime Federer was a bad match up for big hitters but the current Fed can be blown off the court by a big hitter on a good day.

TigerTim
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
This thread is full of delusional ejacuzees. Lies are all I see. Pics Ferru will win Gold is all I say. He's achieved more in his career than Tomas the Pansy can dream of. One constantly living in the shadow of their great countryman (Ivan Lendl) the other a beacon of hope for his country. Pics for Eva :rocker2:

Looner
07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, I was not talking about Berdych's belief when facing Nole, just commenting on the matchup. Anywhere else outside of the Olympics, I'd say Djoko is the tougher player to beat for Berdie but here I'd give the crown to Fed, just.

Of course, there's also the fact Berdych chokes like a boss more often than not, except for when he plays Federer where he's always at 500%.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Well, I was not talking about Berdych's belief when facing Nole, just commenting on the matchup. Anywhere else outside of the Olympics, I'd say Djoko is the tougher player to beat for Berdie but here I'd give the crown to Fed, just.

Of course, there's also the fact Berdych chokes like a boss more often than not, except for when he plays Federer where he's always at 500%.

This is not true :p. Still, his Cincy match vs Federer last year was maybe the best I ever saw him play; he was serving brilliantly (a rarity for Berdych) and killing Federer's second serves prime Nalbandian-style. Federer didn't even get to deuce on the Berdych serve during that match, which I doubt had ever happened to him.

Problem for Berdych is of course consistency: if he could always play like that, he'd be winning Slams and fighting for #1. Though you could argue that with more fast surfaces ala Madrid during the year he'd not even need to be playing his best to make such dents against the best players.

This thread is full of delusional ejacuzees. Lies are all I see. Pics Ferru will win Gold is all I say. He's achieved more in his career than Tomas the Pansy can dream of. One constantly living in the shadow of their great countryman (Ivan Lendl) the other a beacon of hope for his country. Pics for Eva :rocker2:

:superlol:

Nadal :p?

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 08:37 PM
And I have to mention that we shouldn't underestimate his ability to lose to some mug in the early rounds.

Lugburz
07-25-2012, 08:38 PM
And I have to mention that we shouldn't underestimate his ability to lose to some mug in the early rounds.

thats what I'm always afraid of when watching my faves :p

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Why did you make this thread about Berdych not Tsonga, Manuel? :p Both have equal chances to win a medal imo. Maybe Jo is even more likely to win a medal given that he is more consistent than Tomas.

TigerTim
07-25-2012, 08:40 PM
:superlol:

Nadal :p?

Pah! Nadals greatness is down to a bunch of carrots, read the CYGS vs 6 in a row thread to find out all.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 08:41 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to remain positive and avoid mentioning the elephant in the room. Berdych is known to spring some unpleasant surprises on his fans :o He better not all any of those stunts this time.

Also, keep in mind that in this particular tournament you can get to face a mug in QF or SF, what with Ferrer being seeded #4 (Ferrer is a very beatable #4 seed in early rounds, not to mention a mug himself). Tomas better not screw up if he's handed the golden QF/SF draw (Ferrer or whatever mug bets him).

Why did you make this thread about Berdych not Tsonga, Manuel? :p Both have equal chances to win a medal imo. Maybe Jo is even more likely to win a medal given that he is more consistent than Tomas.

Thanks for calling me for my real name :D Kinda tired of people calling me Mark, although I kinda brought it upon myself by selecting it as my username ;)

Jo is indeed more likely to win a medal, he's a beast on fast grass, I actually give him a better chance than Berdych; mostly because Jo can often serve himself out of trouble, while Tomas serves himself into trouble more often that not.

I did it on Berdych because: (a) Tomas has been kind of flying under the radar lately with his R1 loss at Wimbledon and (b) I promised Jason I'd fanboy Tomas for him while he's absent :p.

As for Jo, though, he could definitely. His game can be downright scary on very fast grass. There are a few issues of course, namely his horrible backhand and return of serve; I'm often amazed at how a player with such a weak return and backhand is doing so well especially in this era. With his serve, forehand and net game though, he has a shot for any medal. No one will want to see Jo in their part of the draw.

TigerTim
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to remain positive and avoid mentioning the elephant in the room.

:secret:That Berdych is no match for any of the Top 4 seeds

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
thats what I'm always afraid of when watching my faves :p

I think Haas is not known for losing to mugs in the early rounds. :p The other 2 next to his name in your sig are though. :lol:

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for calling me for my real name :D Kinda tired of people calling me Mark, although I kinda brought it upon myself by selecting it as my username ;)

Jo is indeed more likely to win a medal, he's a beast on fast grass, I actually give him a better chance than Berdych. I did it on Berdych because: (a) Tomas has been kind of flying under the radar lately with his R1 loss at Wimbledon and (b) I promised Jason I'd fanboy Tomas for him while he's absent :p.

As for Jo, though, he could definitely. His game can be downright scary on very fast grass. There are a few issues of course, namely his horrible backhand and return of serve; I'm often amazed at how a player with such a weak return and backhand is doing so well especially in this era. With his serve, forehand and net game though, he has a shot for any medal. No one will want to see Jo in their part of the draw.

Oh I see. Hope he shows his best this time. His Wimbly 1st round loss this year must be very shocking for him.:(
I consider Jo the 3rd fav to win the gold medal to be honest. In best of 3, he becomes even more dangerous.

Lugburz
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I think Haas is not known for losing to mugs in the early rounds. :p The other 2 next to his name in your sig are though. :lol:

lol where should I start, the list might go on forever :p

Nole Rules
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
lol where should I start, the list might go on forever :p

I wasn't following tennis much before 2007.:p Before 2007, I was watching the slams only. Haas had a very painful career with a lot of injuries so that maybe explain some of his shocking losses.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Oh I see. Hope he shows his best this time. His Wimbly 1st round loss this year must be very shocking for him.:(
I consider Jo the 3rd fav to win the gold medal to be honest. In best of 3, he becomes even more dangerous.

Shocking, but also a bit unlucky. Gulbis can be a beast himself when playing his best tennis; if that match had been scheduled to any other court other than CC, Tomas would have probably at least reached the quarters :o I think he will be ready for Olympics, he has a point to prove.

Agree on Jo. His defeat against Murray is partly explained by poor tactics (not knowing Murray's passing shots always go crosscourt, sending second serves to Murray's backhand) but also because the surface was so worn out that Murray managed to retrive everything. On fast grass (as I hope it will be), beating Tsonga will be a tough ask for anyone.

Jo should be seeded #4, it would be a shame if we had two of the four best players in the tournament playing in the QF. Hope Jo avoids big servers (Raonic, Isner, Karlovic...), he hates facing that kind of player - no wonder, with the worst return of serve in the top 10 (now that Isner is out).

Mechlan
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I understand the line of thought, but if he faces Novak in QF his chances of not getting a medal at all will be exponentially bigger. True that if he beats Novak his chances of gold rise, but chances of not getting any medal do too. It's really a pick your poison kind of situation.

Yes, true. It's obviously not the ideal draw. The ideal draw is facing none of these players, and if maximizing chances at a medal is what you're going for, that changes things a lot.

And in no way, shape or form would Murray be a tougher opponent in the final than Federer. Tomas matches up better against Murray and the Scot is also more likely to choke in a big final.

Like I said, to me it's close. If Federer's playing his A game, Berdych isn't beating him. My reasoning is based upon Federer's level dipping at some point and Berdych having a better chance in a long match against Roger. Against Murray, the match will likely be closer, but I think Andy has more chances to win a best of 5. Hope we'll see this match, I think it would be a really good one.

Mark Lenders
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes, true. It's obviously not the ideal draw. The ideal draw is facing none of these players, and if maximizing chances at a medal is what you're going for, that changes things a lot.

Well, I'm looking at maximizing chances for gold. But it's really a double edged source; beating Djokovic would eliminate his toughest possible opponent in a final. But facing him would drastically reduce his chances at a medal.

Like I said, to me it's close. If Federer's playing his A game, Berdych isn't beating him.

A statement like this is rather meaningless in a match-up sport. Conversely, if Tomas plays his best, Federer isn't winning either: because if Berdych is able to play his best tennis, it's because Federer is not doing enough to take him out of his comfort zone. If the player currently ranked #100 plays his best tennis against Federer, he'll also beat him; of course this won't happen because Federer simply won't let him play his best tennis. You can only play your 'A' game when your opponent is unable to make you uncomfortable on court/disrupt your game.

Berdych's challenge when playing Federer is to put him under pressure and not let him play his best tennis, which he has done reasonably well since 2010, by reading and returning the Federer serve extremely well and often putting Federer on the back foot with his power and aggression. It goes without saying that Federer has the potential to disrupt Berdych and his game much more so than the other way round, but there's a reason this matchup has been balanced in the past two years: Tomas does have things in his locker than create difficulties for Federer and can take him out of his comfort zone.

My reasoning is based upon Federer's level dipping at some point and Berdych having a better chance in a long match against Roger. Against Murray, the match will likely be closer, but I think Andy has more chances to win a best of 5. Hope we'll see this match, I think it would be a really good one.

I disagree with this too. Murray is much more likely to throw in a bad set in a best of five than Federer. Federer never gives you anything in best of five matches, especially finals, you have to earn it. What's this notion that Federer is more likely to have a dip than Murray in a best of 5 match? There's a reason Federer has such a stellar Slam final record, he rarely gives you anything in a best of 5 match, let alone a final.

Mechlan
07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
It goes without saying that Federer has the potential to disrupt Berdych and his game much more so than the other way round, but there's a reason this matchup has been balanced in the past two years: Tomas does have things in his locker than create difficulties for Federer and can take him out of his comfort zone.

This is exactly what I meant when I said if Federer brings his A game, he'll win. Federer has the ability to create much more problems for Tomas. If Roger's sharp, moving well, hitting his shots and using his variety, it becomes very difficult for Tomas to turn it around.

I disagree with this too. Murray is much more likely to throw in a bad set in a best of five than Federer. Federer never gives you anything in best of five matches, especially finals, you have to earn it. What's this notion that Federer is more likely to have a dip than Murray in a best of 5 match? There's a reason Federer has such a stellar Slam final record, he rarely gives you anything in a best of 5 match, let alone a final.

You're welcome to your opinion. Federer's my favorite player and I've watched enough of his matches over the past 3 or so years to know his dips happen suddenly and drastically. At their respective bests, there's no question Federer's a tougher opponent than Murray. I just think Federer could throw in a bad performance whereas Murray's level is much more likely to be consistent. Both of them would be favored over Berdych though.

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 03:18 AM
This is exactly what I meant when I said if Federer brings his A game, he'll win. Federer has the ability to create much more problems for Tomas. If Roger's sharp, moving well, hitting his shots and using his variety, it becomes very difficult for Tomas to turn it around.

Yeah, that goes without saying. When Federer is sharp and confident, when he's on his game, beating him is a very tough ask for anyone - especially since Tomas's serve isn't dominant enough to get him some easy holds and weather off the storm.

I'm fully aware that Federer would be the clear favorite, but I do think Tomas would have a decent shot. He can trouble Federer; he always could, even when he was slumping and Federer was in his prime (surprisingly he always got an excellent read on Fed's serve), after all he's probably the reason why Federer doesn't have a singles gold medal already (doubt Massu, Gonzalez, Fish, etc... were going to stop him).

You're welcome to your opinion. Federer's my favorite player and I've watched enough of his matches over the past 3 or so years to know his dips happen suddenly and drastically. At their respective bests, there's no question Federer's a tougher opponent than Murray. I just think Federer could throw in a bad performance whereas Murray's level is much more likely to be consistent. Both of them would be favored over Berdych though.

If we were talking about a QF, I'd agree. But when has Federer ever dipped with the finishing line in sight? He most certainly didn't in his most recent Slam final in SW19. Once Federer finds himself in the final of a big tournament, you know it will take a monumental effort to beat him. There's no reason to expect Federer to throw in a bad performance with the gold medal in sight.

As a Tomas fan, I can tell you facing Federer in a big final is far scarier than facing Murray: Federer is the guy with a 15-1 Slam final record against non-Nadal: only some supreme hitting from JMDP put a blemish on that record.

TennisGrandSlam
07-26-2012, 04:51 AM
Olympics

Singles Gold - FED or Djoker (maybe Muzzy)

Doubles Gold - American Brothers

nick the greek
07-26-2012, 06:17 AM
I agree.

TigerTim
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
just seen the draw................:wavey: Berdych

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
So Tomas's draw:

R1 - Darcis

R2 - Giraldo/Harrison

R16 - Almagro/Troicki

QF - Murray/Gasquet/Wawrinka

SF - Djokovic/Tsonga/Roddick/Cilic

F - Federer/Kohli/Nishikori/Del Potro

What are your views? Olympic dream still alive?

TigerTim
07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Serious Face on: Its very tough, Murray/Djokovic/Federer will be too hard for Tomas, he needs to hope for upsets

kenneth79
07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
So Tomas's draw:

R1 - Darcis

R2 - Giraldo/Harrison

R16 - Almagro/Troicki

QF - Murray/Gasquet/Wawrinka

SF - Djokovic/Tsonga/Roddick/Cilic

F - Federer/Kohli/Nishikori/Del Potro

What are your views? Olympic dream still alive?

No Murray will take this and the English Scot (for now) will cry a river:devil:

duarte_a
07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
berdych to beat murray, djokovic and Federer back to back 110%.

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 04:26 PM
berdych to beat murray, djokovic and Federer back to back 110%.

Now this is the kind of positive spirit I was hoping for, it being sarcastic or not :p

Serious Face on: Its very tough, Murray/Djokovic/Federer will be too hard for Tomas, he needs to hope for upsets

Wawrinka or Gasquet to take Murray out.

Roddick or Tsonga to take Nole out.

I'm out of ideas about who can take Federer out, he has been served a bunch of mugs and pigeons in his draw :o Maybe Isner? Nah, Fed will be in the final.

TigerTim
07-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Wawrinka or Gasquet to take Murray out.

Roddick or Tsonga to take Nole out.

I'm out of ideas about who can take Federer out, he has been served a bunch of mugs and pigeons in his draw :o Maybe Isner? Nah, Fed will be in the final.

Can see Tsonga beating Nole, but him being upset by a random mug is just as likely :o

Murray's grass game is now way above WaWa or Gasquet IMO, fast grass will not be an issue, it will favour his flat forehand.

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Can see Tsonga beating Nole, but him being upset by a random mug is just as likely :o

Murray's grass game is now way above WaWa or Gasquet IMO, fast grass will not be an issue, it will favour his flat forehand.

Tsonga has a very tough second round against Raonic in prospect. Raonic is not good on grass, but Jo hates facing big servers - no wonder, since his ROS is by far the worst in the top 10. That will be extremely tricky for Jo, but hope he pulls through.

Yeah, Murray is favored against those guys, but they have the potential to cause an upset in best of 3 I reckon.

Moozza
07-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Wawrinka will not be a problem for Andy. As for Gasquet, interestingly Murray has never beaten him in BO3 so you never know, I think Andy will be okay there aswell though.

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Wawrinka will not be a problem for Andy. As for Gasquet, interestingly Murray has never beaten him in BO3 so you never know, I think Andy will be okay there aswell though.

Remember Stan took Murray to 5 at Wimbledon 2009, and beat him next year in USO. He can play well against Murray.

BroTree123
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Remember Stan took Murray to 5 at Wimbledon 2009, and beat him next year in USO. He can play well against Murray.

You also gotta wonder whether his confidence is physically or emotionally drained after the Wimby final.

And sure Stan is playing shit lately. But mix all those factors together, he's really got nothing to lose.

Moozza
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM

That was GOATrinka though and Murray is better now.

TigerTim
07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Look. If Murray loses to stan I will go down to town the next day and buy a fucking McDonalds happy meal with carrot sticks.

BroTree123
07-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Look. If Murray loses to stan I will go down to town the next day and buy a fucking McDonalds happy meal with carrot sticks.

Don't forget to take a picture :p

TigerTim
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Don't forget to take a picture :p

I'm serious, there will be pics, and if that does happen expect a random fan at Queens Club next year to deck Murray for no apprent reason ;)

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
You also gotta wonder whether his confidence is physically or emotionally drained after the Wimby final.

And sure Stan is playing shit lately. But mix all those factors together, he's really got nothing to lose.

True. Also keep in mind Murray usually struggles right after losing a Slam final. Facing Stan the Man in your first match in such situation isn't exactly ideal.

That was GOATrinka though and Murray is better now.

Agree. But don't forget Murray usually goes on a mental holiday after losing a Slam final.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing :p? Happy Meals are awesome :D

Freak3yman84
07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, the Del Potro avatar that I never used on my time on this forum was a disguise :rolleyes:. I'm stealth like that.

He obviously meant that your avatar is Del Potro disguised as Safin :rolleyes:

bounccer
07-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, the Del Potro avatar that I never used on my time on this forum was a disguise :rolleyes:. I'm stealth like that.

Sorry, i wanted to write Safin :lol:

BTW it looks almost hopeless for Berdych, he needs a lot of upsets

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 05:38 PM
He obviously meant that your avatar is Del Potro disguised as Safin :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess I could only hide it for so long, guess I'm busted now :p

Ask Brotree123, he knows my hatred of carrot sticks in happy meals. Screw Blair and Bush in the Hague, whoever made the decision to put carrot sticks in Happy Meals is the one who should be tried for crimes against humanity.

This might seem like a far fetched idea, but can't you simply ask for an happy meal without carrot sticks? Only takes five extra seconds to order :p

Sorry, i wanted to write Safin :lol:

BTW it looks almost hopeless for Berdych, he needs a lot of upsets

Fair enough :p

If by upsets you mean eliminating higher ranked players or have someone eliminate them, we already knew that before the draw was made. He needs at least three upsets (although I don't really consider him beating Murray an upset given their H2H history).

Say Hey Kid
07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Berdych has weapons to win the Gold, but I haven't seen anything out of him lately to indicate he is in form. Nor have I heard him talk about looking forward to the Olympics. Who knows where his mind is right now, and how hard he is training.

He certainly has a very favorable draw. Maybe that will give him motivation.

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Berdych has weapons to win the Gold, but I haven't seen anything out of him lately to indicate he is in form. Nor have I heard him talk about looking forward to the Olympics. Who knows where his mind is right now, and how hard he is training.

He certainly has a very favorable draw. Maybe that will give him motivation.

Well, we haven't seen him play since Wimbledon and he's not exactly known for being very open in the media, so that's not saying much.

His draw is indeed favorable, he has no roadblocks en route to his showdowns with the top 4 seeds.

:lol:

I will bare that in mind :)

Excellent :D

luie
07-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Ferrer > to Birdshit. The only gold Birdshit is gonna get, is a golden shower.

RForever
07-26-2012, 06:27 PM
After his loss he has been in Israel for 10 days with his gf, not training, not even thinking of tennis, just sightseeing. He said he cleared his head, ragained motivation and he feels great. After his return he started to do physio, then training. He feels confident and dangerous.

Mark Lenders
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Ferrer > to Birdshit. The only gold Birdshit is gonna get, is a golden shower.

At least he gets to hop in the shower with her:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1105/tennis-wags/images/ester-satarova.jpg

He wins there too, golden shower indeed.

After his loss he has been in Israel for 10 days with his gf, not training, not even thinking of tennis, just sightseeing. He said he cleared his head, ragained motivation and he feels great. After his return he started to do physio, then training. He feels confident and dangerous.

Good. That's exactly how he should feel :) Any sources for those statements?

TigerTim
07-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Berdych's GF :aplot:

RForever
07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Good. That's exactly how he should feel :) Any sources for those statements?

Czech tennis portal http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/berdych-si-vycistil-hlavu-v-izraeli-a-chce-byt-znovu-nebezpecny-10566/

Mark Lenders
07-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Before aiming for gold, Tomas needs to focus on the first round and his opponent: Steve Darcis (Belgium).

This guy is 28yo and is currently ranked 75, although he was once ranked 44 back in 2008. He has won 2 ATP titles, one on clay, one on hardcourts (beating Soderling in the final), and he has a 14-13 record for the year, although he has done nothing of note in big events (in 1000s and Slams he only won a match in Indian Wells).

Tomas only faced him once, and lost 7-6, 7-6 in the semis of the Prostejov Challenger back in 2009, on clay. A lot of time has passed, though, and Tomas isn't exactly playing challengers anymore, not to mention the surface is completely different. I don't know Darcis very well, but I'm expecting someone who does to provide some match-up analysis.

What can Darcis do to trouble Berdych? Does he have any chance to produce an upset here or should it be smooth sailing for the great Czech?

Berdych's GF :aplot:

:drool:

More than enough consolation in case he fails to come home with the gold :o

Czech tennis portal http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/berdych-si-vycistil-hlavu-v-izraeli-a-chce-byt-znovu-nebezpecny-10566/

Nice, thanks for sharing. Very interesting statements from Tomas :)

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Berdych you lucky son of a biznach... :hearts: his GF

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Before aiming for gold, Tomas needs to focus on the first round and his opponent: Steve Darcis (Belgium).

This guy is 28yo and is currently ranked 75, although he was once ranked 44 back in 2008. He has won 2 ATP titles, both on clay, and he has a 14-13 record for the year, although he has done nothing of note in big events (in 1000s and Slams he only won a match in Indian Wells).

Tomas only faced him once, and lost 7-6, 7-6 in the semis of the Prostejov Challenger back in 2009, on clay. A lot of time has passed, though, and Tomas isn't exactly playing challengers anymore, not to mention the surface is completely different. I don't know Darcis very well, but I'm expecting someone who does to provide some match-up analysis.

What can Darcis do to trouble Berdych? Does he have any chance to produce an upset here or should it be smooth sailing for the great Czech?

Memphis is on clay :confused:?

Mark Lenders
07-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Berdych you lucky son of a biznach... :hearts: his GF

Indeed :drool: :inlove:

The least Tomas should do if he wins the gold medal after I started this thread (which will undoubtedly be the reason of his success if he wins) is let me spend a night with his girlfriend :o :lol: Sounds pretty fair to me ;)

Memphis is on clay :confused:?

Corrected ;)

Do you know anything about Darcis btw, or rather enough to offer some matchup analysis? What can this guy do to trouble Tomas?

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Indeed :drool: :inlove:

The least Tomas should do if he wins the gold medal after I started this thread (which will undoubtedly be the reason of his success if he wins) is let me spend a night with his girlfriend :o :lol: Sounds pretty fair to me ;)

Corrected ;)

Do you know anything about Darcis btw, or rather enough to offer some matchup analysis? What can this guy do to trouble Tomas?

Good luck with that ;)

Hmmm... To be honst, I've seen Darcis play like 3(maybe 4) times... He does half-decent on grass. And he does have a 1 handed backhand. And I'm pretty sure he'll use a lot of slice which might trouble Berdych a little. I think Darcis favors his forehand more, but don't take my word for it. I'm pretty sure Darcis has no real weapons, so I can't seen him doing anything to Berdych, especially on grass. He's also pretty short, so low bounces won't do too much damage on him. I'm pretty sure his playing style is like Rochus(both Belgian :eek:!)

Mark Lenders
07-27-2012, 03:35 AM
Good luck with that ;)

Hmmm... To be honst, I've seen Darcis play like 3(maybe 4) times... He does half-decent on grass. And he does have a 1 handed backhand. And I'm pretty sure he'll use a lot of slice which might trouble Berdych a little. I think Darcis favors his forehand more, but don't take my word for it. I'm pretty sure Darcis has no real weapons, so I can't seen him doing anything to Berdych, especially on grass.

Thanks, I'll need it :lol:

And good to know that :D Tomas needs a quick win here; he needs all the energy he can get to cause the upset of the century next round and stop the seemingly unstoppable Harrison juggernaut en route to the final vs Young, right? A mighty task for Tomas indeed.

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Thanks, I'll need it :lol:

And good to know that :D Tomas needs a quick win here; he needs all the energy he can get to cause the upset of the century next round and stop the seemingly unstoppable Harrison juggernaut en route to the final vs Young, right? A mighty task for Tomas indeed.

A mighty task it'll be! BTW I checked the draw and everything should go my way. Harrison and Young are in opposite halves LOL! And I also predicted and injured Sergiy Stakhovsky to lose to Tomic for the Bronze, and they were also drawn in opposite halves :haha:

Mark Lenders
07-27-2012, 03:43 AM
A mighty task it'll be! BTW I checked the draw and everything should go my way. Harrison and Young are in opposite halves LOL! And I also predicted and injured Sergiy Stakhovsky to lose to Tomic for the Bronze, and they were also drawn in opposite halves :haha:

True. What could possibly go wrong now? Devvarman could possibly throw a spanner in the works but he still lacks match practice: should be good enough to crush mugs like Murray or Djokovic, but he's not ready to take on those four giants of the game yet.

Freak3yman84
07-27-2012, 04:08 AM
True. What could possibly go wrong now? Devvarman could possibly throw a spanner in the works but he still lacks match practice: should be good enough to crush mugs like Murray or Djokovic, but he's not ready to take on those four giants of the game yet.

:lol: :haha: :worship: I wish I could good rep you again :mad: But I totally agree with that whole statement!

BroTree123
07-28-2012, 01:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:superlol: :superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

Gninommus
07-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Seriously laughing at you now. Stop making predictions. Especially against Belgium. Thanks!

Federer in 2
07-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Simon Reed:

>>>>> YOU GOT COMPETITION <<<<<

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 01:20 PM
:mad:

Moozza
07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Brilliant Lenders! 10/10 :lol:

The Fearhand
07-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Mark Lenders.

RIP.

TheShowMustGoOn
07-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Incredible. :lol:

Orange Wombat
07-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Well he'll ned to make a serious comeback to get out of the first round

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 01:26 PM
2 breaks up and Darcis is serving for match, virtually impossible. jeez Tomas...

bad gambler
07-28-2012, 01:26 PM
In Rio 2016?

Chirag
07-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Awesome prediction Mark :yeah:

156mphserve
07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure, you might be right, but the doubles competition might be too tough for him and Stepanek, they probably won't even make the quarters

We know you didn't mean in singles:p

TigerTim
07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Mug Lenders strikes again. Mind you Tomas has a break point

TigerTim
07-28-2012, 01:29 PM
The comeback is on perhaps?

GSMnadal
07-28-2012, 01:38 PM
:bowdown:

Deathless Mortal

TigerTim
:haha: you mug lenders :haha:

I WAS RIGHT!!!! Ferrer>>>>>>>Berdych on grass :wavey:

tripwires

WhoCares

Jovard
07-28-2012, 01:39 PM
And the award for the most stupid thread goes tooooooo...

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Close enough. Everyone knows Berdych vs Darcis was the real final :o

But yeah, laugh away, I kinda set myself up for it :lol:

Moozza
No way would Ferrer have got routined by Darcis.

rocketassist
Someone should bump it before Rio :lol:

Chirag
07-28-2012, 01:41 PM
0-2 in wimbledon singles this year :bowdown:

henke007
:lol::haha::bowdown:

duarte_a

TigerTim
07-28-2012, 01:42 PM
No way would Ferrer have got routined by Darcis.

Couldn't agree more. Berdych is just a clown, not worth of top 50 let alone top 100

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Prediction still on by the way, don't know what you guys are laughing about. Berdych and Stepanek still alive in doubles :lol:

TigerTim
07-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Prediction still on by the way, don't know what you guys are laughing about. Berdych and Stepanek still alive in doubles :lol:

Sexy Step will have to carry to team then :worship:

Deathless Mortal
After a few months flying under the radar and with his bete noire Nadal - who once won 20 consecutive sets off him and beat him every time since 2006 in pretty easy fashion - out of the picture, Berdych will come back with a vengeance and take the Olympic gold medal in singles.

duarte_a

Now watch them lose in the 1st round as well.

BroTree123
0-2 in wimbledon singles this year :bowdown:

habibko

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eF7FB9KkFpY/TwIDkHfe41I/AAAAAAAANeY/0B2wXcffdpQ/s1600/funny-pictures-cat-approves.jpg

TigerTim
07-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Manuel, clearly the sun in Portugal has gone to your head! At least you can cheer for Ferrer now ;)

ZaZoo)
07-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Now watch them lose in the 1st round as well.

bouncer7
07-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Ferrer >>> Berdych+Tsonga+Safin+Hewitt

its better to be part of top5 when top3 players hold 33 SLAMS, then to be mug number 1 when top3 hold 1 slam LOL

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 01:50 PM

Ah I was drunk when I typed that. It was obvious I meant doubles :p

Manuel, clearly the sun in Portugal has gone to your head! At least you can cheer for Ferrer now ;)

Nah, Darcis for the gold :rocker2:

Only way I can save some face ;)

JMan22
07-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Well this backfired then...

Corey Feldman
07-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Hey Lenders, welcome to the curse of the Jinx ;)

TigerTim
07-28-2012, 01:52 PM

its better to be part of top5 when top3 players hold 33 SLAMS, then to be mug number 1 when top3 hold 1 slam LOL

Plus Ferrer has done something none of those mugs can even dream of. He won Acupulco

rocketassist
07-28-2012, 01:57 PM

This berk still picks his moments.

Slice Winner
07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Berdych could be a threat if he gets to the semis and turns God mode on.
But we know he can lose to any random scrub in R1 if he feels like it.
Have to say, would not be surprised at all to see Ferrer out-grind Berdych.

AHAHAHAHA :lol:

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 01:58 PM
title should have been like this: Tomas(2) Berdych(3) Will(1) Win(4) The(5) Olympic(6) Gold(7) Medal(8) + question mark :p

Allez
07-28-2012, 01:59 PM
This was always going to be a monster fail :haha: Let's hope he picks up the doubles gold to salvage some of Lenders' damaged pride :lol:

Lazyking
07-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Shows not to make predictions lol.

Kat_YYZ
07-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Funniest. Thread. Ever. :worship:

Chris Kuerten
07-28-2012, 02:01 PM
What a guy, this Mug Lenders.

nole_no1
07-28-2012, 02:02 PM
This is what i call 16 pages full of shit :lol:

Sri
07-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Most effective jinx thread ever. Well done sir.

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 02:04 PM
This was always going to be a monster fail :haha: Let's hope he picks up the doubles gold to salvage some of Lenders' damaged pride :lol:

My pride isn't damaged for failing a prediction, no matter how monumental the fail might be, which it admittedly is in this case :p

title should have been like this: Tomas(2) Berdych(3) Will(1) Win(4) The(5) Olympic(6) Gold(7) Medal(8) + question mark :p

This is exactly what I meant. I was drunk and English isn't my first language... this was all clearly just a misunderstanding :p

bouncer7
07-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Plus Ferrer has done something none of those mugs can even dream of. He won Acupulco

those mugs never been consistent like Ferrer this year,most wins on tour. Safin mug could win slam and then were going to lose to some random mug in 1r of next event

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 02:07 PM
those mugs never been consistent like Ferrer this year,most wins on tour. Safin mug could win slam and then were going to lose to some random mug in 1r of next event

I'm actually sure you're not serious, but I'll bite. In their prime, Safin and Hewitt were infinitely more consistent than Ferrer has ever seen, which is why they were #1.

The only Ferrer is consistent at is not winning events over 500 or sets in finals of such events. He has shown unparalleled consistency during his entire career as far as that's concerned.

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 02:09 PM
what the f*ck is all this comparison to Ferrer all the time. One can't win/lose and not be compared with Ferrer, I mean wtf..

TBkeeper
07-28-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm actually sure you're not serious, but I'll bite. In their prime, Safin and Hewitt were infinitely more consistent than Ferrer has ever seen, which is why they were #1.

The only Ferrer is consistent at is not winning events over 500 or sets in finals of such events. He has shown unparalleled consistency during his entire career as far as that's concerned.

Hewitt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ferrer
i'm with you but why these mugs of this forum don't understand it i don't know ...

BroTree123
07-28-2012, 02:12 PM
what the f*ck is all this comparison to Ferrer all the time. One can't win/lose and not be compared with Ferrer, I mean wtf..

Because Ferrer is a vulture, just ask Mark Lenders :shrug:

Allez
07-28-2012, 02:14 PM
This is exactly what I meant. I was drunk and English isn't my first language... this was all clearly just a misunderstanding :p

Beautiful English right there :p Let's hope this was a sobering experience for you ;) You live by the sword you die by the sword :dance:

Thread will be BUMPED for Rio 2016 :rocker2:

Mark Lenders

It's an attempt to wind me up :lol:

It's kind of cute sometimes, even though it's the oldest trick in the book. I suppose it's an attempt to bait me and make me say something that might get me banned or something. Not like it's ever going to work, but who cares :p? Trying never hurt anyone.

Freak3yman84
Lenders :hug:

BroTree123
07-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Can Lenders be our new Filo V. already :awww:

cardio
07-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Well, there is always doubles gold to win . Maybe Steppa can carry him all the way until glorious end...

Chase Visa
07-28-2012, 02:17 PM
lol what a jinx.

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Beautiful English right there :p Let's hope this was a sobering experience for you ;) You live by the sword you die by the sword :dance:

Thread will be BUMPED for Rio 2016 :rocker2:

And of course, I was aware of the risks when I started this thread, just never imagined it could backfire on me so early :p

And yeah, assuming MTF still exists in 2016, I'll bump this thread for Rio myself

Lenders :hug:

:hug:

Can Lenders be our new Filo V. already :awww:

Well, I'm not gay and I don't nor will I start threads for every match between obscure players in some challenger tournament, so fat chance of that happening.

Unless you mean something else, of course...

Li Ching Yuen
07-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I didn't think this was a great draw for him. Giraldo or Harrison for example would've been much easier.

And Darcis played well given the conditions.

Li Ching Yuen
07-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm not gay and I don't nor will I start threads for every match between obscure players in some challenger tournament, so fat chance of that happening.

I was expecting you to be a homophobe.

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 02:29 PM
It's an attempt to wind me up :lol:

It's kind of cute sometimes, even though it's the oldest trick in the book. I suppose it's an attempt to bait me and make me say something that might get me banned or something. Not like it's ever going to work, but who cares :p? Trying never hurt anyone.

hehe

GSMnadal
07-28-2012, 02:31 PM

There are other ways that lead to ACC success :angel:

Mark Lenders
07-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I was expecting you to be a homophobe.

You were wrong. I have nothing against gay people, in fact I even encourage lesbianism (at least sometimes) :p

There are other ways that lead to ACC success :angel:

Yeah, I came across one of those ACC threads. If I understood the concept of the game well, though, I have no chance to make it far. Don't think I annoy enough people to stand a chance :p

Corey Feldman
Berdy slipped 7 times

BroTree123
Lucky there Lenders, you almost got baited to get banned :p

Lugburz
07-28-2012, 02:35 PM
what would haters do without members they baited to get banned? :shrug:
I'm sure baiting noobs, isn't as thrilling...

Fujee
07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
You're a visionary.