Los Angeles FQR: Sorensen v Guccione [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Los Angeles FQR: Sorensen v Guccione

Henry Chinaski
07-22-2012, 11:56 PM
It's the German Irishman against the Italian-Aussie-so-ginger-he-must-be-Irish man.

This promises to be a classic.

Sorensen hasn't played on tour since February but returned to make coddle out of Mello and Duclos.

The Gooch had been preparing himself for an Olympic gold medal in doubles but now that that was stolen by the ITF wildcard committee he has decided to concentrate on singles again so the tour better watch out.

Tennis will be the real winner here.

I won't include a poll because is seems a little trite in such circumstances but I'd encourage you all to make your predictions and share your favourite Louk and Gooch anecdotes.

Thanks for your attention

Johnny Groove
07-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Hopefully whoever wins, the other guy gets in as a LL.

Slice Winner
07-23-2012, 01:14 AM
What happened to his Olympic doubles chances?

n8
07-23-2012, 01:19 AM
I see CG making a run in LA to finance his 27th birthday celebrations next Monday.

v-money
07-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Gooch could use the points here if he bothered, but this tournament is just located in the wrong city. Gooch will have too many LA celebs flaunting around him during his outings in the LA nightlife.

Word also has it that Gooch is showing off his acting skills while in LA. Director Shane Black has decided to replace Robert Downey Jr with the Gooch and completely restart production of Iron Man 3. I think it's a lucrative proposition and the Gooch may forgo this match altogether, or tank at the best.

Taking all of this into consideration I think an inspired Sorensen takes the match in 2. If these rumors are in fact false, then obviously Gooch in 2.

BroTree123
07-23-2012, 01:41 AM
The Goochinator.

jmf07
07-23-2012, 06:05 AM
This tournament was made famous by Carsten Ball's epic run in 2009 so it means a lot to the Gooch but as has been pointed out the Gooch has other business to attend to here.

As for the olympics it is absolutely no coincidence at all that since it was announced that the Gooch would not in attendance, the London Olympic Committee has announced there will be a record supply of condoms as all the women athletes lower their standards knowing that a potential romantic encounter with the Gooch is now off the cards.

RonaldGomez
07-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Whatever the result, tennis wins.

motorhead
07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Gucci

Chris Kuerten
07-23-2012, 01:41 PM
The worst tournament of all-time wouldn't be complete without The Gooch.

Audacity
07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Christopher "Gooch" Guccione 7-6(8) 6-7(5) 7-6(0)