The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 04:37 AM
red clay is forever owned by the great clay warrior king. and fed took care of grass at wimbledon.

now nole is eagerly waiting for his chance to defend his turf on the hard courts.

he defended his Oz crown and he took care of business in miami.

it is possible he could go on a rampage at the north american hard court circuit.

he has to be the heavy favorite now that its more than clear enough--- even for most clueless and nutless ejacuzees of the lost world at ejacustan--- that the clay warrior really is hurting may forced to skip the u.s. open.

is nole the heavy favorite in your eyes also at the u.s. open and the north american hard court circuit after wimbledon?

have at it. you have the floor. make it fun.

can nole rule the hard courts after wimbledon?

Ziros
07-22-2012, 05:14 AM
This is where Murray makes his mark and wins his first major

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 05:18 AM
so we have a possible road block for nole. and this road block goes by the name andy murray.

anybody else? how about Fed? he has to confident after snatching wimbledon.

roddick looks revived too.

sunsfuns
07-22-2012, 05:23 AM
I have a feeling that Nole will not have a particularly outstanding hard court season this year. Nothing approaching last year's dominance for sure. Most likely roadblocks - Murray and Federer, but there could easily be defeats to the 2nd tier players as well (maybe not at USO) such as Tsonga, Roddick or Berdych.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 05:34 AM
i like tsonga and berdych but i dumped their stock months ago.

they are not consistent enough.

sunsfuns
07-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Doesn't matter, on a good day and on fast courts they are capable of beating any of the top 4. They have had such good days in the past and will have again.

Forgot about JMDP, he could be a force as well.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 06:00 AM
i have far more confidence in d-pot (del potro) at the u.s. open than i do in tsonga and berdych.

tsonga and berdych may have more chances at the smaller events.

what do you think?

Litotes
07-22-2012, 07:08 AM
so we have a possible road block for nole. and this road block goes by the name andy murray.

anybody else? how about Fed? he has to confident after snatching wimbledon.

roddick looks revived too.

Roddick could be a particular worry, as his game stacks up well against Djokovic. The Serb definitely wouldn't like to see him as a R16/QF opponent. Better for Nole to have him close to Federer, where he is unlikely to survive (outside Miami).

Where is Djokovic now? How good a shape is he in? He has been obviously worse than last year all season so far. Will it continue, stabilize or turn around? If pressed for a prediction I'd say I think he will do well, but not as well as last year.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 07:17 AM
rg campaign wore nole out. he was sick and fatigued at wimbledon.

general mc just posted some pics of nole at the castle. he looks healthy and refreshed now.

he could do well at the olympics. we will just have to see.

there is a good chance he could snatch the gold or the silver.

Honestly
07-22-2012, 07:30 AM
You are trying too hard man.

ssj100
07-22-2012, 07:37 AM
rg campaign wore nole out. he was sick and fatigued at wimbledon.

general mc just posted some pics of nole at the castle. he looks healthy and refreshed now.

he could do well at the olympics. we will just have to see.

there is a good chance he could snatch the gold or the silver.

Nadal was also very sick at Roland Garros (knees) and he managed to beat Nole, but only because Nole was fatigued and not refreshed from the tough Roland Garros campaign. If Nadal is at full health, then Nadal will win the US Open or at least make it to the final. If Nole is at full health, then he will win the US Open or at least make it to the final, depending on how full of health and refreshed Nadal is. Whoever wins will be the one with the best health and most refreshed, while whoever loses will be the less refreshed one.

Also, if Federer's back is okay, he will either win or make it to the final of the US Open. If his back is bad, he may lose by the quarters or semis. It really depends on whether he is refreshed or not also. He will be quite fatigued following his Wimbledon campaign (emtionally and physically draining with so much at stake to potentially win) but he has a good chance to snatch the gold or the silver if he is refreshed.

Litotes
07-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Nadal was also very sick at Roland Garros (knees) and he managed to beat Nole, but only because Nole was fatigued and not refreshed from the tough Roland Garros campaign. If Nadal is at full health, then Nadal will win the US Open or at least make it to the final. If Nole is at full health, then he will win the US Open or at least make it to the final, depending on how full of health and refreshed Nadal is. Whoever wins will be the one with the best health and most refreshed, while whoever loses will be the less refreshed one.

Also, if Federer's back is okay, he will either win or make it to the final of the US Open.

If all three are well all of them will win or at least make it to the final? You don't seem to have much faith in good health all around.

manadrainer
07-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Nole will be the favourite in new York, but watch out for Fed. If he can bring his wimbledon form he might surprise the Serbian slayer.

Too early to talk about Nadal's chances as we don't know if he'll be fully fit.

Time Violation
07-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Where is Djokovic now? How good a shape is he in?

Looking good I guess :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564654_431036736949183_1770827967_n.jpg

ssj100
07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
If all three are well all of them will win or at least make it to the final? You don't seem to have much faith in good health all around.

It will depend on who's more well or less well. The one who is most well will win, the one who is second most well will make the final, and the one who is least well will not make the finals.

TigerTim
07-22-2012, 09:41 AM
i like tsonga and berdych but i dumped their stock months ago.

they are not consistent enough.

That may be but they can always cause an upset,
It should be a good Hard season, lots of Challengers. My tip: Roddick to win the USO Seires :banana: :drink: :tennis:

fsoica
07-22-2012, 12:10 PM
if, by chance, Federer manages to "click" during his match vs. Novak (assuming it will come to it, which I have doubts will be the case), Roger will display a masterclass of HC tennis a la Cincy 09 (his matches vs Muzza and Djokovic).

Now, objectively speaking, I see Djokovic and Murray as favourites, with Federer able to go all the way if he will skip Canada and exit early in Cincy, in order to preserve his powers. Federer does not need tune up events for the USOpen. All he needs are a few easy matches in the first rounds in New York in order to tune his game and a bit of luck in one of the tough matches later on.

If his game clicks during the semis...we could have a sixth title for Roger at Flushing Meadows.

A lot of ifs, I am aware of that...otoh, Djokovic and Murray are also a bit vulnerable. Djokovic seems to be the favourite, Murray's breakthrough looks near, but let's not forget that some guy who won 5 in a row here will be in the draw.

The Fearhand
07-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Nole is slightly the favorite at this point.
But watch out for Federer. He has cut a lot in his errors which was the reason he wasn't doing so well but if he can keep his form and can cut slightly on his unforced errors Federer will be the favorite IMO.

Roy Emerson
07-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Djokovic is my pick to win the US Open.

kidbourbon
07-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Djoker should win the USO.

kidbourbon
07-22-2012, 01:31 PM
if, by chance, Federer manages to "click" during his match vs. Novak (assuming it will come to it, which I have doubts will be the case), Roger will display a masterclass of HC tennis a la Cincy 09 (his matches vs Muzza and Djokovic).

Now, objectively speaking, I see Djokovic and Murray as favourites, with Federer able to go all the way if he will skip Canada and exit early in Cincy, in order to preserve his powers. Federer does not need tune up events for the USOpen. All he needs are a few easy matches in the first rounds in New York in order to tune his game and a bit of luck in one of the tough matches later on.

If his game clicks during the semis...we could have a six title for Roger at Flushing Meadows.

A lot of ifs, I am aware of that...otoh, Djokovic and Murray are also a bit vulnerable. Djokovic seems to be the favourite, Murray's breakthrough looks near, but let's not forget that some guy who won 5 in a row here will be in the draw.

I've already forgotten. He has no chance.

Well, he has a chance if Djoker gets hurt. Besides that, he has no chance.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Looking good I guess :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564654_431036736949183_1770827967_n.jpg

great pics general Taejin. keep them coming.

Looner
07-22-2012, 02:44 PM
I am not so sure Novak will do as well as last year because he had some good luck, good form, amazing confidence, etc, etc. It was all going in his direction. I'd rather hope Muzz does not fade away for the HCs this year and gives himself another chance.

I will stop myself from calling you what you deserve and will wait to embarrass you at a later time.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
That may be but they can always cause an upset,
It should be a good Hard season, lots of Challengers. My tip: Roddick to win the USO Seires :banana: :drink: :tennis:

affirmative general.

i think you make a valid point.

kidbourbon
07-22-2012, 02:54 PM

I will stop myself from calling you what you deserve and will wait to embarrass you at a later time.

You better go ahead and get it out now, or you'll be waiting for a loooong time. Fed isn't winning the USO, and he definitely isn't winning Aussie '13, and he definitely definitely isn't winning RG '13. So, yeah, you better go ahead and get it off your chest right now.

Looner
07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
You better go ahead and get it out now, or you'll be waiting for a loooong time. Fed isn't winning the USO, and he definitely isn't winning Aussie '13, and he definitely definitely isn't winning RG '13. So, yeah, you better go ahead and get it off your chest right now.

OK, clown, just like he wasn't winning Wimbledon, right?

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 03:01 PM
kidbourbon is a new poster loonie tunes.

no need to threaten him with name calling and stuff. he has a right to his opinions.

what the hell are you so damned insecure about?

you should be welcoming new posters to the forums, not threaten to call them names, insult, and harass them.

Looner
07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
I have no problem with new posters. I do have a problem with them stating their opinion as fact and spouting bullshit left, right and centre. Or are you blind to his statements and only see what's convenient. I have no problem acknowledging Djoker and Muzz should do well on the HCs but saying Federer has no chance shows what a blind ejacuzee he is.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 03:14 PM
i see you as far more blind. you have been here a while.

show that you are a bigger person by not threatening a new poster with insults and name calling.

what that proves is that you are not a reponsible poster.

he simply stated an opinion. nothing more.

Looner
07-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I stated an opinion as well. Plus you like insulting people as well when they perform acts of blind worship, so I don't see why it's such a big deal to call him out on his BS. I won't fight this any further, as I'm detracting from the thread's point - talking about the great Serbian slayer :p.

Let's hope he plays well at the USO and deservedly gets beaten by Rogi in the final :p.

Time Violation
07-22-2012, 03:19 PM
i see you as far more blind. you have been here a while.

show that you are a bigger person by not threatening a new poster with insults and name calling.

what that proves is that you are not a reponsible poster.

he simply stated an opinion. nothing more.

Anyway, no use quarreling, it doesn't lead anywhere. :) Back on topic, judging from Nole's attitude, schedule, his plans/talks about 2014 and all, seems to me he's in there for the long run. Not claiming of course he's going to have Fed's longevity (though when you see new generations, seems more and more likely), but Fed-like type of career definitely seems to be his goal :)

duarte_a
07-22-2012, 03:22 PM

Why do people say such things. :facepalm: No one knows what's going to happen.

If Roger wins any of these you'll look just as bad and stupid as all the haters who said Roger wouldn't win another slam.

In fact Roger just loves to prove haters wrong, so keep the blind hate coming. ;)

The Fearhand
07-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Anyway, no use quarreling, it doesn't lead anywhere. :) Back on topic, judging from Nole's attitude, schedule, his plans/talks about 2014 and all, seems to me he's in there for the long run. Not claiming of course he's going to have Fed's longevity (though when you see new generations, seems more and more likely), but Fed-like type of career definitely seems to be his goal :)

Djokovic also plays a very physical game although maybe not as physical as Nadal but it is amazing how he is doing so well physically compared to Nadal who can't hold it together whereas Djo is going strong. Gotta admire that.

RForever
07-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Vajda said that Nole could have 5 more slams in him. Does not sound like he believes in 2011 form or longetivity.

Time Violation
07-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Djokovic also plays a very physical game although maybe not as physical as Nadal but it is amazing how he is doing so well physically compared to Nadal who can't hold it together whereas Djo is going strong. Gotta admire that.

Well, Nadal has congenital problems with his foot if I understood correctly, and though they both play physical game, Nole seems much less bulky and much more flexible than Nadal, at least to my eyes :)

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 03:43 PM
nole is a lot smarter than the clay warrior. in addition to having been blessed with a far more efficient game he also practices year around on clay.

that keeps his game sharp and his knees and joints healthy.

also i might as well add that its the price of fame for total domination on clay for the last 8 years.

no way that kind of domination can happen on clay without a massive topspin game.

those came before him to dominate clay also had to do it with massive topspin: vilas, borg, and muster for instance.

that very heavy topspin limits them on quicker surfaces so they try much harder there and that is there nadal has fucked up his knees.

Litotes
07-22-2012, 03:50 PM

That sounds like a good chance to me.

Time Violation
07-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Vajda said that Nole could have 5 more slams in him. Does not sound like he believes in 2011 form or longetivity.

We'll see, it's not like he needs to be very best every time, I don't think Fed and Nadal were at their absolute peak every time they won a slam. Depends on the opponents and general competition too, etc.

fsoica
07-22-2012, 04:08 PM
no way that kind of domination can happen on clay without a massive topspin game.

those came before him to dominate clay also had to do it with massive topspin: vilas, borg, and muster for instance.

that very heavy topspin limits them on quicker surfaces so they try much harder there and that is there nadal has fucked up his knees.

nice theory, but noone in the history of the game came even close to nadal's topspin. federer at his highest topspin shots is 1000 rpm lower than nadal. Borg does not belong in the discution. muster is a different story, his career got screwed due to different reasons, so he does not belong in the discution. vilas , i don't know his game...

Bigselber
07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
As of now, Federer is my favorite for the US open.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM
and my vote is going to the great serbian slayer.

i think he takes toronto and the u.s. open.

The Fearhand
07-22-2012, 04:45 PM
We'll see, it's not like he needs to be very best every time, I don't think Fed and Nadal were at their absolute peak every time they won a slam. Depends on the opponents and general competition too, etc.

I think Djo can win more than 5. Federer has maybe 1 good year left in him IMO unless he does something crazy again like winning a Wimbledon GS at 31 in style and Nole is only 25 so he has plenty of time and longetivity will be fine and Nadal is battling with injuries so don't see him doing well or build any longetivity to stay in the game for long and even if he is 100% Nole does well against Nadal has a better chance against Nadal than Nadal has against Djo so he will be the clear favorite IMO for the next couple years except maybe...maybe clay and even there he is getting better and almost came close to winning it this year.

I can see Djo winning at least 7 more and like you said depending on opponents, circumstances even more. I can see him winning RG at least 1 time, Wimby 2 times, AO 3 times and USO 3 times.

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
nole`s best is yet to come. he has too much talent on loan from the gods.

he is not going anywhere.

The Fearhand
07-22-2012, 05:04 PM

I wholeheartedly (or should I say Noleheartedly) agree with you.

Roger the Dodger
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Nole will be the favourite in new York, but watch out for Fed. If he can bring his wimbledon form he might surprise the Serbian slayer.

Too early to talk about Nadal's chances as we don't know if he'll be fully fit.

I think Roger will be the favourite there.:D

Haas takes Toronto. Deal with it haters!

Looner
07-22-2012, 05:13 PM

Does this mean that you don't expect Djoker to do particularly well at the Olympics or do you think he'll fly over the Atlantic and win nevertheless?

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I think Roger will be the favourite there.:D

Haas takes Toronto. Deal with it haters!

just because somebody picks one of the other players he or she is a hater.

that looks like another one of your reckless blind attacks to me.

you are a far bigger loser than i thought. it is quite disappointing.

the blind hate is with people like you here. nobody gives a damn about hypocritical liars that are all ate up with blind hate here.

is having zero credibility that important to you?

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 05:28 PM
it is funny how any thread about any other player quickly becomes a extremist type federereeesian missionary hangout from which they peddle their reckless blind hate for all other players and their fans.

it is free amusement for the rest of us but it also shows how sick they really are.

you will never see normal fed fans stoop that low.

Roger the Dodger
07-22-2012, 05:31 PM
just because somebody picks one of the other players he or she is a hater.

that looks like another one of your reckless blind attacks to me.

you are a far bigger loser than i thought. it is quite disappointing.

the blind hate is with people like you here. nobody gives a damn about hypocritical liars that are all ate up with blind hate here.

is having zero credibility that important to you?

My question is, since you are all wit and wisdom personified - why do you ignore Haas - the original all-court player in your 'mature' discussions.

romaine
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
I think there is no reason for Novak being the favorite over Federer on Hardcourts. The US have a fast court, with a lower bounce than the AO I think. Therefore a clear advantage for Roger in my mind. Also he will be favorite at the Olympics which he may end up winning which will give him the confidence he needs. If Federer has his A-game going, I see Novak as second best always and not the other way around.

JMan22
07-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Djokovic looks good to win the USO for me. I can't see past him, although a lot said that about a Nadal/Djokovic Wimbledon final and we know what happened there. I'd have down Del Potro and Federer as darkhorses for the USO, although I'm not sure of you can call Federer a darkhorse at all. I don't see Murray being a major obstacle though, not at this one.

viruzzz
07-22-2012, 06:59 PM
it is funny how any thread about any other player quickly becomes a extremist type federereeesian missionary hangout from which they peddle their reckless blind hate for all other players and their fans.

This is probably truth, but it seems you only have problems with Federer-Fans. There are things that are way more annoying than them.
Try to respect other people more... Your other thread has a lot of shitty posters inside, and the worse of them aren't from the Fed-Wagon.

On topic: I said it before and I'm saying it now: If he doesn't finds his 2011 form he won't win the USO. His main objetive today needs to be that one.
Of course he can do it, but from what I saw this year, I won't be so confident.
He needs to dominate the hardcourts, Nadal is almost relegated to clay and he used to know how to beat Federer off clay. I think he still can do it, but come on... With this form, he's not winning the USO. Olympics will tell some things.

Ash86
07-22-2012, 07:02 PM
This is probably truth, but it seems you only have problems with Federer-Fans. There are things that are way more annoying than them.
Try to respect other people more... Your other thread has a lot of shitty posters inside, and the worse of them aren't from the Fed-Wagon.

On topic: I said it before and I'm saying it now: If he doesn't finds his 2011 form he won't win the USO. His main objetive today needs to be that one.
He needs to dominate the hardcourts, Nadal is almost relegated to clay and he used to know how to beat Federer off clay. I think he still can do it, but come on... With this form, he's not winning the USO. Olympics will tell some things.

He got to the Aus Open finals less than 6 months ago... Also got to IW and Miami SFs, with bad knees by the end of it anyway. He's not as good as the other top 4 on HCs but he's hardly relegated to clay - he's still relevant on hard, especially slow hard. Do agree though that Novak needs to find that 2011 ruthlessness - it's his BH that really needs to click - the BHDTL was killer last year and is missing this year. Just way more UFEs than he was making last year.... No one has really explained that Wimbledon performance - he was playing well until the Fed match and then somehow just didn't show up.

Fedex
07-22-2012, 07:08 PM

I doubt Nole ever replicates his 2011 results.

He will win more slams though, obviously.

xargon
07-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Nice thread Clay, I say Nole wins USO and takes one medal at OG, not sure what color. I think he might try to win Cincy for once!

Alex999
07-22-2012, 07:40 PM

fair enough post. However, I disagree with you about the Olypics (grass tournament) it won't really tell us much. another thing is, I believe he does need to improve a bit, but his current form is good enough to win the USO. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

victory1
07-22-2012, 07:41 PM

it is free amusement for the rest of us but it also shows how sick they really are.

you will never see normal fed fans stoop that low.

Actually, Nadals fans are the most hateful. Do you ever here the saying, what you do or say when you think you are around like minded people is who you truly are.:rolleyes:

I used to be a very active member on this board a few years back and also used to visit a lot of players site. While Federer has always been my favorite player, I admired quite a few, like Nadal and Roddick. I love the game tennis. I used to be a consultant for a major workers comp insurance firm. I traveled 75% of the time but it was not glamorous since most factories that I would visit to go over their safety policies and make recommendations are located in mid-size to small towns. I used to be stuck for weeks at a time in some back wood towns. My laptop was my favorite past time once I got to my hotel room after 6:00pm. About 2 years ago I was able to transition to a business analyst at a major TV news station. The best part, 0 traveling but since I'm not stuck at a hotel room in the evenings, I'm no longer using my computer as much.

Anyway, like I said, I would surf the net for hours and joined a couple of message boards (tennis, ebooks, music, hair, politics, etc). I even recognized some of the user-names of people that are active here and acting like they are above approach. I can tell you 100% if you go to Federer fan site, you won't find not even 25% of the insults that Nadal fans hurl on Federer. Federer fans hardly even discuss Nadal if he is not playing Federer; it's all about Federer. Nadal fans seems to be obsessed with Federer.

By the way, they just as hateful when they discuss Djokovic. Most of his fans cannot stand the way he owned Nadal last year and the beginning of this year. They are constantly insulting him to. If you don't believe me, check out Federer fan site and Nadal fan site and see the glaring differences. I expected the opposite since Nadal is the one with the winning record over Federer but for some reason Nadal fans are very bitter. Go figure

Alex999
07-22-2012, 08:05 PM
victory1,
we should stick with the the topic here, your biography is interesting but not really related to the topic. I disagree with you that 'Nadal fans' are the worst. There are some serious cookies in all 3 major camps (Djokovic, Fed and Rafa) ... it's the same on all tennis boards. your argument how Fed fans discuss only Fed is kinda silly, of course they do it on the Federer official web site. Again, this is MTF, and you'll find many Fed/Djoko/Rafa tards who have nothing better to do than to troll 24/7. On the other hand you do have many respectful fans who simply support their players but are also very objective and knowledgeable.

OK, now I managed to derail this thread a bit, lol ... sorry guys

The Fearhand
07-22-2012, 08:13 PM
victory1,
we should stick with the the topic here, your biography is interesting but not really related to the topic. I disagree with you that 'Nadal fans' are the worst. There are some serious cookies in all 3 major camps (Djokovic, Fed and Rafa) ... it's the same on all tennis boards. your argument how Fed fans discuss only Fed is kinda silly, of course they do it on the Federer official web site. Again, this is MTF, and you'll find many Fed/Djoko/Rafa tards who have nothing better to do than to troll 24/7. On the other hand you do have many respectful fans who simply support their players but are also very objective and knowledgeable.

OK, now I managed to derail this thread a bit, lol ... sorry guys

I think victory is one of the good guys (fans not fanboys) who has a fav player he or she likes but also is fairly objective to appreciate other players. And I agree completely with you Alex. That's exactly how I feel too (especially the bolded parts). And this forum would be a much better place if more people were like you. That's my honest opinion.

Federer in 2
07-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Roadblocks? Federer.

JediFed
07-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Interesting to see Clay Death abandon Nadal. :wavey:

Allez
07-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Great thread general. This one's a winner. Nole is putting his final touches to prepping up for what will be a period of utter destruction on North American hard courts. We haven't seen anything like what we're about to witness and Rafa may not be there to stop him...

I expect Murray and Fed to step it up but I can't see how they can stop the movement of death on his favourite surface :shrug:

Nole will not want to follow 2011 up with a season in which he only wins one slam. No way. His loss to Rafa @ RG was NID. His loss to Roger @ Wimbledon was NID (at least to everyone but me :o). His determination to win @ Flushing Meadows is NID.

Everyone just sit back, relax and enjoy the great Serbian spectacle :yeah:

Litotes
07-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Nole will not want to follow 2011 up with a season in which he only wins one slam. No way. His loss to Rafa @ RG was NID. His loss to Roger @ Wimbledon was NID (at least to everyone but me :o). His determination to win @ Flushing Meadows is NID.

Excuse my inadequate language skills, but what does NID stand for? I thought I had it, but after seeing this post I am not so sure. An internet search did not help, they offered "National Institute of Design", "Nevada Irrigation District" and "National Intelligence Department" as first hits.

Alex999
07-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Excuse my inadequate language skills, but what does NID stand for? I thought I had it, but after seeing this post I am not so sure. An internet search did not help, they offered "National Institute of Design", "Nevada Irrigation District" and "National Intelligence Department" as first hits.
NID - Never in doubt :)

swisht4u
07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I'll take Fed for this one.
He took Djokovic to the edge last year while Djokovic was at his best.

This year Fed has cleaned up his errors, his overall play and the confidence will be there. He's better than last year and Djokovic has dropped down a little.

It'll come down to the "on the day" form they bring, it's that close.

You can't rule out Nadal, he loves to make a showing when he's down. I have a feeling he's working his form to be in top shape for the USO.
He'll have plenty of rest by then and should have his motivation at a high level, past results don't matter to him.

No telling with Murray, he gets down after losses at times like at WB but I think Lendl will help bring him back in time.

Favorites:
Fed
Djokovic
Murray/Nadal

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Great thread general. This one's a winner. Nole is putting his final touches to prepping up for what will be a period of utter destruction on North American hard courts. We haven't seen anything like what we're about to witness and Rafa may not be there to stop him...

I expect Murray and Fed to step it up but I can't see how they can stop the movement of death on his favourite surface :shrug:

Everyone just sit back, relax and enjoy the great Serbian spectacle :yeah:

thanks general allez.

i am just stating the facts and people think i am not a fan of other players anymore.

but you know that is just the normal reckless blind hate talk on the part of the legless ejacuzees. they really cant figure out how some of us can be so objective.

nole is a hard man to stop on the hard courts. that is simply what we all have seen from him last year and even to a considerable extent this year also.

he took Oz and and he snatched miami masters.

EliSter
07-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Roadblocks? Federer.

Like last year? And year before that? Still hurts doesnt it?

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 10:06 PM
these are the 3 favorites for the titles on the north amercian hard courts:

1. nole
2. fed
3. murray

and nole is most likely the most dangerous one out there on the hard courts.

who can stop him? i know nadal cant. he has had enough shots at him on the hard courts.

and now with fucked up knees, nadal is most likely done for the year since he is not bright enough to fix his fitness, his training, and his scheduling.

now he will do the same damn shit next year. he will injure himself on the hard courts and then be forced to dominate clay anyway and be done by the time wimbledon arrives.

that is pretty good company.

EliSter
07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
these are the 3 favorites for the titles on the north amercian hard courts:

1. nole
2. fed
3. murray

and nole is most likely the most dangerous one out there on the hard courts.

who can stop him? i know nadal cant. he has had enough shots at him on the hard courts.

and now with fucked up knees, nadal is most likely done for the year since he is not bright enough to fix his fitness, his training, and his scheduling.

now he will do the same damn shit next year. he will injure himself on the hard courts and then be forced to dominate clay anyway and be done by the time wimbledon arrives.

that is pretty good company.

I hope it wont happen as this year and he changes his shedule or something, tournments w.o Nadal are less interesting.

shanks
07-22-2012, 10:28 PM
General Death Hola! Long time

Novak is the favorite followed by Fed. Nadal needs to win 1 of the Masters 1000 to increase his chances

Clay Death
07-22-2012, 10:47 PM
hola general shanks. we have missed you at the castle mate.

we thought you might have forgotten all about us.

i agree general but i really believe his season is over at thye current rate. i hear he cant put much weight on his knee at all. they say it is quite painful.

kidbourbon
07-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Why do people say such things. :facepalm: No one knows what's going to happen.

If Roger wins any of these you'll look just as bad and stupid as all the haters who said Roger wouldn't win another slam.

In fact Roger just loves to prove haters wrong, so keep the blind hate coming. ;)

It isn't blind hate. I don't hate Roger Federer. But is there any doubt that Novak Djokovic is the best hard court player in the world?

Simply stated: I don't believe that Roger Federer can beat Novak Djokovic in a five set match on an outdoor hard court. Fed beat him on grass by shortening the points and really turning the match into one strike tennis. This is simply not possible against Novak Djokovic on a hard court because he moves SO well. As a result of Djokovic's amazing movement on hard courts, he will be getting a lot more balls back in play than he did at Wimby. Roger Federer will be unable to dictate the points against Novak, the match will be fought from the baseline, and when the match is fought from the baseline, Djokovic has the clear advantage. Federer can't beat Djokovic in extended baseline rallies for three out of five sets on an outdoor. Especially an outdoor court where the wind constantly swirls.

In view of the above, if Roger plays Novak and you happen to be a betting man, and you bet on Federer, I think you would be making a poor financial decision.

Clay Death
07-23-2012, 02:09 AM
i think that is a reasonable post.

sounds about right to me.

nadal is out for the year. he wont be a factor.

and nole is the best hard court player on the planet. his record is doing the talking. i got no say so in the matter actually. we can just let nole`s record on hard courts speak for itself.

simple common sense says he is the hard court king until proven differently.

now watch these extremist type ejacuzee blind worshippers turn this simple statement into some sort of major production.

Yolita
07-23-2012, 03:54 AM

I think Nole'll do well at the US Open, but I'm not sure about Toronto, Clay Death.

If he wins a medal at the olympics, he has to take it back to Serbia to show it to the people (he signed a contract to that effect). Imagine he plays a long 5-setter on a Sunday, goes to Serbia on Monday. Does he have time to fly to Toronto, fight jet-lag and play on Wednesday? My guess is that he'll probably pull out, in spite of having 1000 points to defend. :sad:

If he doesn't win a medal, he'll definitely be in Toronto, ready to go. But an Olympic medal is what he really wants this year.

I know I'm frazzling too soon...That's what fans do. :angel:

Clay Death
07-23-2012, 04:01 AM
yoleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeta.

i have missed you woman.

Fedex
07-23-2012, 04:08 AM
It isn't blind hate. I don't hate Roger Federer. But is there any doubt that Novak Djokovic is the best hard court player in the world?

Simply stated: I don't believe that Roger Federer can beat Novak Djokovic in a five set match on an outdoor hard court. Fed beat him on grass by shortening the points and really turning the match into one strike tennis. This is simply not possible against Novak Djokovic on a hard court because he moves SO well. As a result of Djokovic's amazing movement on hard courts, he will be getting a lot more balls back in play than he did at Wimby. Roger Federer will be unable to dictate the points against Novak, the match will be fought from the baseline, and when the match is fought from the baseline, Djokovic has the clear advantage. Federer can't beat Djokovic in extended baseline rallies for three out of five sets on an outdoor. Especially an outdoor court where the wind constantly swirls.

In view of the above, if Roger plays Novak and you happen to be a betting man, and you bet on Federer, I think you would be making a poor financial decision.
Federer has had Djokovic down two match points each of the last two years, including last year when Federer had his worst season since 2002 and Djokovic was at his best. The US Open plays considerably faster than Wimbledon; Federer can and has hit through Djokovic there.

Tell me more how Fed has no chance against Djokovic at a major that he's won 5 times.

Shuny
07-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Federer has had Djokovic down two match points each of the last two years, including last year when Federer had his worst season since 2002 and Djokovic was at his best. The US Open plays considerably faster than Wimbledon; Federer can and has hit through Djokovic there.

Tell me more how Fed has no chance against Djokovic at a major that he's won 5 times.

This.

Djokovic isn't nearly as good as he was in 2011. Comparing this season and 2011 season is pointless. In 2011 Djokovic could beat Nadal on clay, in 2012 he wasn't even able to put him in danger. In 2011 Djokovic was almost invincible, this year he is playing at a similar level as in 2010

I don't know how will he perform on hard court, and it is probably too soon to talk about it, but Djokovic can probably be beaten on hard courts by any outsider (Del Potro anyone ?)

As for Federer, it is hard to predict, but he appears as a favorite, if not the favorite, for the hard court season.

Yolita
07-23-2012, 04:17 AM
yoleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeta.

i have missed you woman.

You're very kind, clay death. :hug:

I never come for long, but I'll be on holiday from Friday, so I'll come to the castle and have a proper chat with you all.

I'm very sorry about Rafa pulling out of the Olympics. I know he'll be back...Rafa Lion Heart...

Cheers, CD. :wavey:

Clay Death
07-23-2012, 04:23 AM
cheers yolita.

MatchFederer
07-23-2012, 04:24 AM
I think Federer will end up going into the US Open as the slight favourite over Djokovic, but either of them or Murray have very good chances to win there. I'll wait a while on Nadal to see if he actually does come back for any tournies before the US.

Shuny
07-23-2012, 04:35 AM
I think Federer will end up going into the US Open as the slight favourite over Djokovic, but either of them or Murray have very good chances to win there. I'll wait a while on Nadal to see if he actually does come back for any tournies before the US.

I don't know about Murray. Last 2 times he lost a slam (Australian Open 2010&2011), he got so depressed he lost every match he played afterwards for 6 months. I just can't imagine how the Wimbledon defeat affected him. I guess we'll see that very soon.

Johnbert
07-23-2012, 05:29 AM

sure, this guy had 2 matchpoints in each semifinal against djokovic the last 2 years, but he will have absolutely NO chance, you're right... :cool:

however, i guess murray will have his breakthrough at the uso and take the title.

Johnbert
07-23-2012, 05:33 AM
Like last year? And year before that? Still hurts doesnt it?

no, but it seems like wimby this year still hurts you...

Time Violation
07-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Not sure why everybody keep talking about Fed vs Nole at USO, like it's a given. :) They both had fairly easy draws up to the semis at Wimbledon, I don't think that will the case for either at USO, and there are many more good hard courters than grass courters out there; one match at a time :)

Clay Death
07-23-2012, 06:53 AM
You're very kind, clay death. :hug:

I never come for long, but I'll be on holiday from Friday, so I'll come to the castle and have a proper chat with you all.

I'm very sorry about Rafa pulling out of the Olympics. I know he'll be back...Rafa Lion Heart...

Cheers, CD. :wavey:

always a pleasure to see you around yolita.

Litotes
07-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Not sure why everybody keep talking about Fed vs Nole at USO, like it's a given. :) They both had fairly easy draws up to the semis at Wimbledon, I don't think that will the case for either at USO, and there are many more good hard courters than grass courters out there; one match at a time :)

Well, the last time Federer missed out on a SF in a HC slam was US Open 2003. Djokovic is also starting to build an impressive series here. So you have to like their chances to get there. But, of course, they will have to get still further to meet up.

Johnbert
07-23-2012, 07:13 AM

you're right, especially they can only meet in the final (don't think nadal will be seeded at #1/#2 at the uso).

Time Violation
07-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Yea, they are favorites of course, but saying they will both play in the final at this point is maybe too much, let's wait and see~

nick the greek
07-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Nole was pretty good at the USO in the last 5 years and he should be good this year too.As for Uglyrer,I think an early exit would be in order.

Johnbert
07-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Nole was pretty good at the USO in the last 5 years and he should be good this year too.As for Uglyrer,I think an early exit would be in order.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/gallery/haters-gonna-hate/haters-gonna-hate-monkey-big-balls.jpg

manadrainer
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Nick the greek still shocked for wimbledon semifinal defeat and consequent loss of #1 ranking. :hug:

nick the greek
07-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Nick the greek still shocked for wimbledon semifinal defea and consequent loss of #1 ranking. :hug:
Yep.I'm so shocked Fed's beaten sick Nole on grass under the CLOSED roof.And yeah,why not, Fed too should have his own Rosol.I really hope that'll happen at USO.

Johnbert
07-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Yep.I'm so shocked Fed's beaten sick Nole on grass under the CLOSED roof.And yeah,why not, Fed too should have his own Rosol.I really hope that'll happen at USO.

:hug:

manadrainer
07-23-2012, 08:22 AM

Here come the sick excuses... Healthy Nole still undefeated, just as Rafa. LOL.

nick the greek
07-23-2012, 08:24 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/gallery/haters-gonna-hate/haters-gonna-hate-monkey-big-balls.jpg
Oh come on,I'm not that hairy and my balls are MUCH BIGGER.:)

Litotes
07-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Yep.I'm so shocked Fed's beaten sick Nole on grass under the CLOSED roof.

Quite right, didn't surprise any of us really. After all - Fed was always the favourite on grass.

And yeah,why not, Fed too should have his own Rosol.I really hope that'll happen at USO.

Now that would be a surprise.

nick the greek
07-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Quite right, didn't surprise any of us really. After all - Fed was always the favourite on grass.

Now that would be a surprise.
And Rosol's win over Rafa was not?Surprises do happen.And Fed had his share of luck at Wimby(match against Benno,sick Nole,closed roof),it's time for his luck to change.

Blathzer
07-23-2012, 11:42 AM
And Rosol's win over Rafa was not?Surprises do happen.And Fed had his share of luck at Wimby(match against Benno,sick Nole,closed roof),it's time for his luck to change.

Hope that nole luck does not change in this year USO a la last 2 USO.

RForever
07-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Yeah, luck. You must be wondering why other people have so much luck in their lives comparing to you....because all one can achieve is driven only by luck. :cuckoo:

Litotes
07-23-2012, 11:45 AM

You know as well as anybody else who knows something about tennis that Nadal is vulnerable on grass that has not been worn down yet. He is undoubtedly a worse week one player in Wimby than week two. So - surprise, yes, as big a surprise as an early Fed exit - no. That would really be a shocker.

Luck against Benneteau? In what way? Winning after coming close to losing was not due to luck, he missed the lines more often than he hit them and he did not have any netcord balls roll his way at crucial stages. But if you disagree feel free to label Nadal's five set victories against Federer "lucky". In fact, with a much better fifth set record than Fed, both Nadal and Djokovic is much luckier under your definition. Fed is due some extra, then.

Djokovic being sick but still able to play happens regularly, nothing out of the ordinary there. Fed, however, was unlucky to get back pains during a slam, which - although not the first time - is a rarer occurence.

atennisfan
07-23-2012, 12:40 PM

This is the best.
Somehow I think of general ejacuzee

nick the greek
07-23-2012, 12:58 PM
You know as well as anybody else who knows something about tennis that Nadal is vulnerable on grass that has not been worn down yet. He is undoubtedly a worse week one player in Wimby than week two. So - surprise, yes, as big a surprise as an early Fed exit - no. That would really be a shocker.

Luck against Benneteau? In what way? Winning after coming close to losing was not due to luck, he missed the lines more often than he hit them and he did not have any netcord balls roll his way at crucial stages. But if you disagree feel free to label Nadal's five set victories against Federer "lucky". In fact, with a much better fifth set record than Fed, both Nadal and Djokovic is much luckier under your definition. Fed is due some extra, then.

Djokovic being sick but still able to play happens regularly, nothing out of the ordinary there. Fed, however, was unlucky to get back pains during a slam, which - although not the first time - is a rarer occurence.
Yep.Luck all the way,not just against Benno.Nole is famous for his movement,his ROS and his BH.In the SF he was spraying BH UE's for the most of the match,his movement was shit and his return game was like Karlovic's(on a bad day).There was a reason for that and we all know what that was.Isn't it a luck for Fed to meet Nole in such state in such an important match?Yes,it is.
Everybody knows that Fed loves playing indoors and isn't it a luck for him that roof was closed?Yes, it is.Back injury?What back injury?Injury means that something's wrong with your body and Fed was running like a rabbit against Nole.Also,he had no trouble serving.So,you have a back injury and a couple of days later you play one of your best matches lately?Wow,some back injury.

Johnbert
07-23-2012, 01:07 PM
ok, so tennis is all about luck, right :confused: nadal only luck at rg against djokovic (rain delay), fed only luck against djokovic at wimbledon (indoors), djokovic only luck against nadal at the australian open (nadals miss at 4-2 30-15)...

Litotes
07-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Yep.Luck all the way,not just against Benno.Nole is famous for his movement,his ROS and his BH.In the SF he was spraying BH UE's for the most of the match,his movement was shit and his return game was like Karlovic's(on a bad day).There was a reason for that and we all know what that was.Isn't it a luck for Fed to meet Nole in such state in such an important match?Yes,it is.
Everybody knows that Fed loves playing indoors and isn't it a luck for him that roof was closed?Yes, it is.Back injury?What back injury?Injury means that something's wrong with your body and Fed was running like a rabbit against Nole.Also,he had no trouble serving.So,you have a back injury and a couple of days later you play one of your best matches lately?Wow,some back injury.

OK, we agree to disagree. You label all five set victories as lucky, I don't. We'll leave it at that.

Djokovic was moving fine in the SF. He was no more subpar than Federer tends to be subpar when meeting Nadal outdoors. After all, he won a set and was competitive in the 3rd - against the best grass player of all time. If he still feels he was injured, fine, then he will be injured again. I don't care how you label the wins so long as Fed keeps winning.

I never called it a back injury. I said back pains. I have had them myself. They can be crippling in the short term, but gone the next day if you get treatment. If you have no idea of the concept then I envy you.

uxyzapenje
07-23-2012, 02:56 PM
The way you people talk is ridiculous. Fed didn't even play that great at SW19, he did play vs Novak and Murray (and Ramos if you want to count that...) but not the whole tournament. And Novak looked better than him till the SF. If you think that just because he beat Novak once on his best surface and Novaks worst, he is now the no1 favourite for everything, well, think twice. I don't say Federer can't win USO (or any tournament), he obviously can, but is he a lock for everything? I don't think so.

By the way, why is CD banned?

atennisfan
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM

Unfortunately for you, it seems Fed has pretty tough anti-Rosol defense, he is on 37 CONSECUTIVE Grand Slam Quarter Finals streak.

It hurts that much, ejacuzee?
:hug:

BroTree123
07-23-2012, 03:31 PM
CD's last epic thread :sad:

Lest we forget.

Lazyking
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Tsonga finally wins a slam! Dethroning the Djoker

Jaz
07-23-2012, 04:43 PM

Usual excuses

Sick Nole
Pirate Nole
Allergic Nole
Dodgy Leg Nole
Blind Nole
Flu Nole

A long long list of excuses for all his losses. Fact is, he lost defending his title to a better player. The end.

Jaz
07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Why was Clay Death banned? :confused:

Probably the same reason why Nick the Greek will get banned eventually. Extreme tardiness.