Who's your favourite player(s) to watch? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's your favourite player(s) to watch?

nazzac
07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Which players do you like to watch play the most?

Who has the most entertaining game?

Federer in 2
07-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi fish :)

I'm sure there are a bunch of threads on this topic, but what the hell :P

Favorite:
Roger Federer

Players I really like:
David Ferrer
Tommy Haas
Stanislas Wawrinka

Other players I like:
Andy Murray
Janko Tipsarevic
Phillip Kohlschreiber
Andy Roddick
Kei Nishikori
Tomas Berdych
Michael Llodra
Marcos Baghdatis

Nole Rules
07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
For me:

2008/2007 Djokovic.
Nalbandian.
Tipsarevic.
2009 Delpo.

SVK
07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Dolgopolov

Mark Lenders
07-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Safin

Nalbandian

Ancic

Tsonga

Monfils

TBkeeper
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Favourite:
Davydenko

Players i really like:
Federer
Nalbandian

Other players i like:
Dimugtrov

GSMnadal
07-20-2012, 09:56 PM
NADAL

I like watching Monfils, Roddick and Tsonga as well

nole_no1
07-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Djokovic, Tipsarevic, Tsonga, Haas, Wawrinka, Federer, Davydenko (when he's on), Llodra and i miss Soderling and Gonzo

Lazyking
07-20-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't really have any favorites considering I barely watched up to two weeks ago..I watched slams occasionally but not alot of focus.. so I have to find a favorite :) Maybe I'll get recruited lol.

GSMnadal
07-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't really have any favorites considering I barely watched up to two weeks ago..I watched slams occasionally but not alot of focus.. so I have to find a favorite :) Maybe I'll get recruited lol.

I suggest Murray, you won't be disappointed

Federer in 2
07-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I suggest Murray, you won't be disappointed

:lol:

No better feeling then being a Federer fan ;)

Looner
07-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I'd actually say Federer and Tsonga equally for the entertainment factor. Roger is amazing to watch but he has been forced to be too defensive recently to win matches. Tsonga's entertaining but that's also a reason he doesn't win as much.

Orka_n
07-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't really have any favorites considering I barely watched up to two weeks ago..I watched slams occasionally but not alot of focus.. so I have to find a favorite :) Maybe I'll get recruited lol.Make sure you don't get recruited, man.

Just watch for a while until you find one or more players who have a playing style (and personality) that you like. Then you can call them your favorite. Don't make a decision because of some clownish fanbase here on this forum.

The Rocket
07-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Favorites are Federer, Tsonga and Dreddy :devil:

Lazyking
07-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Make sure you don't get recruited, man.

Just watch for a while until you find one or more players who have a playing style (and personality) that you like. Then you can call them your favorite. Don't make a decision because of some clownish fanbase here on this forum.

I don't think I will. That was just a joke. I'm looking for young players on the rise to root for cause I don't want to come off as a bandwagoner.. although I'd still like the greats of the game but hard to call someone your fave when you missed most of their career.

When I used to watch sparingly, I'd root for the americans out of national pride but this was at the tail end of Agassi's career...with Blake and Roddick coming up. Now, it seems very barren so have to look elsewhere.

TennisMilan
07-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Federer, Tsonga, Djokovic, Murray, Safin, Llodra, Del Potro and Nadal.

motorhead
07-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Federer Nalbandian Haas Dolgopolov Wawrinka Malisse Petzschner Blake

samanosuke
07-20-2012, 11:08 PM
nadal

lucyfur
07-20-2012, 11:11 PM
:p

Hypnotize
07-20-2012, 11:14 PM
My favourite is Dimitrov. Every time I watch him, I remember why I love tennis so much.

I'm also a huge Djokovic fan, initially because he brought some fun into tennis then later because of his professionalism. Other players I like are Haas, Gasquet, The Fog, Andujar, Kavcic, Ungur.

TigerTim
07-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Love: Tim Henman

Like: Andy Murray (He is getting to the love stage :)), Tsonga, Berdych, Safin,

Enjoy: Hewitt, Federer, Roddick, Muster, Guga

ciprianned
07-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Federer

Adrian Ungur

DjokerFan3
07-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Favourites:
1.Djokovic (although I prefer the more aggressive 2007/2008 version over the others)
2.Federer (love watching him play, he makes it look so easy when it's not)
3.Tsonga (talk about guaranteed entertainment)

Andi-M
07-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Favorite- Andy Murray - I just love everything about him- He has so much talent, great athleticism, world class BH, ROS, great tennis brain, he entertaining to watch even when clowning around ( yes he pushes sometimes, loses concentration, and misses about 10 first serves in a row on occasion!)

He is also such a decent guy he genuinely loves tennis, he has so much pressure on him to win a slam and he handles himself with such class and humility - will be an injustice of the tennis Gods if he doesn't win a slam!

OK others i like ... Tsonga - great personality beautiful attacking tennis. every match Jo brings it he goes for it, always being aggressive great serve good volleyer, good athleticism, gets the crowd involved ----and that smile he brings to the court...wow!

Djokovic 2.0 - I have alot of respect for he has matured alot since his whiny faking days of calling the trainer and retiring, he is now 100% committed to every single match. He is gracious in victory and defeat, has great chrasima with the media- was a great world no1. His game is so exciting to watch his groundstrokes, movement, and mental toughness is just insane.

Soderling - My favorite ballbasher ever( get well soon!)- Love how he had the balls to beat rafa at Rg, this guy is a shotmaker he hits some insane FHs so exciting to watch.

Kohli - love his game, love how he brings it on the big ocassion.

leng jai
07-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Hard question but I'll go with Hass followed closely by Fog.

nellis_lv
07-21-2012, 01:26 AM
When Raonic is on and he's facing a challenging player, like against Federer in Madrid or Harrison in IW, he can make for the most edge-of-your-seat type matches.

When he's not on, or the other player has no chance against his serve, you're better off watching the live scoreboard.

Other entertaining players: Roddick (always entertaining - whether winning or losing), Federer, Gulbis (aggressive + outspoken), Harrison (sometimes)

uxyzapenje
07-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Favourite: Tipsarevic
Also like: Djokovic, Nalbandian, Monfils, Querrey, Delpo, Blake, Tsonga...

AntiTennis
07-21-2012, 02:11 AM
Federer :D, I also like watching Dimitrov, Djoker, Stronga..and players with an attack-type of tennis

Travod
07-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Roddick, if only for his beautiful serve.

But Tsonga always has a great time and it's really fun to watch him!

nazzac
07-21-2012, 01:15 PM
My favourite is Tsonga. It's almost guerenteed that he will entertain. His style is very Gung-Ho. Of course it cause mistakes, but i love watching him play.

I also really like watching Federer.

JMan22
07-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Monfils is really entertaining to watch when he's playing well.

MinioNole
07-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Favourite: Nole
Like: Nishikori, Lacko, Goff

The Fearhand
07-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Federer, Nadal, Monfils, Tsonga and sometimes Djo.

Fed fordawin
07-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Federer by a mile.

Then Tsonga, Nalbandian

Tuen Murray when he decides to play agressively, Gasquet when he plays close to the baseline, and Djokovic when he's beating nadull's ass.

Burrow
07-21-2012, 01:52 PM
My favourite players to watch are my favourite players, shouldn't those two go hand in hand?

Without any doubt, it's definitely Llodra, Malisse and Soderling.