Guy celebrates on mp while he hasn't won yet, he goes on to lose the match! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guy celebrates on mp while he hasn't won yet, he goes on to lose the match!

Rafa is the GOAT
07-20-2012, 07:10 PM
There was a amall tournament through the week at my local tennis club
I eventually lost in the QF. the SF however were special
The match went to a 3rd set tie-breaker
After leading 6-5* in the tie-break (having mp) the reciver played a decent rally and when he thouht he had hit a winner on mp, he fell to his knees and screamed 'jaaaaa', dutch for 'Yeeeessss'
The ball however seemed to be out and the umpire decided it was out
The guy went on to lose the match 9-7 in the breaker, his opponent irronicly did the same on his mp but he did win the match
Both their knees were coverd in Clay!
I couldn't stop my self from laughing but felt sorry for the guy
It's a shame I don't have a video of it
But I wonder wether this has happened before and if so when and who

TigerTim
07-20-2012, 07:16 PM
:superlol:

Deathless Mortal
07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
In Zagreb final last year Dodig hit a service winner on MP (or so it seemed) and threw his racket in the crowd, celebrating. The ball was called out by umpire. He still won that match though. :p

nole_no1
07-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't know if this ever happened... i can't remember anything like this right now but i do remember something: last year in Zagreb final (Dodig vs Berrer) at 6-3 5*-4 a-40 for Dodig him and everybody in the crowd thought Ivan hit an ace, Dodig started celebrating, the audience were on their feet clapping, spotlights were turned on and then the referee (i think it was Mohamed Lahyani) said that the ball was out (Dodig challenged it and indeed was out). Dodig lost the next point and it was 40-40 but then he won the next two and won the match 6-3 6-4 :lol: It was kind of funny at that moment but i don't want to know what would've Dodig felt if he would've lost that match :lol:

benji47
07-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Same thing happened to Jelena Dokic years back at the Austrlian Open 1st round.

The umpire called the ball out, and she went on to lose the match.

The sad thing was according to the digital playback of the point, it was a winner she hit on that match point, she was indeed robbed.

Deathless Mortal
07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't know if this ever happened... i can't remember anything like this right now but i do remember something: last year in Zagreb final (Dodig vs Berrer) at 6-3 5*-4 a-40 for Dodig him and everybody in the crowd thought Ivan hit an ace, Dodig started celebrating, the audience were on their feet clapping, spotlights were turned on and then the referee (i think it was Mohamed Lahyani) said that the ball was out (Dodig challenged it and indeed was out). Dodig lost the next point and it was 40-40 but then he won the next two and won the match 6-3 6-4 :lol: It was kind of funny at that moment but i don't want to know what would've Dodig felt if he would've lost that match :lol:

It was a service winner, not an ace, it was Cedric Mourier, not Mohammed Lahyani, and we don't even have hawk-eye in Zagreb so Dodig couldn't challenge the call. :p

nole_no1
07-20-2012, 07:31 PM
It was a service winner, not an ace, it was Cedric Mourier, not Mohammed Lahyani, and we don't even have hawk-eye in Zagreb so Dodig couldn't challenge the call. :p

I was not sure about the ref. Service winner or ace not important. But i could've bet that Zagreb has a hawk-eye :confused: my bad

ossie
07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
you couldn't stop laughing but you felt sorry for the guy? yea...

GSMnadal
07-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Probably was this guy:

http://static0.ad.nl/static/photo/2012/16/3/14/20120117105651/media_xll_1078874.jpg

Trying to vulture off local tennis club matches, but ends up choking as always :awww:

Rafa is the GOAT
07-20-2012, 09:17 PM
It was in The Hague
Where he comes from...
No, but it waa a young guy

duarte_a
07-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Well at least the QF streak goes on. :yeah:

Apophis
07-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Love these things. The most famous has to be this showboat trick from snowboarding in Olympic final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQvEHTyjAI

One from soccer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTxA3osc9Es
Cycling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ElZt9byu0

Chase Visa
07-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Haha that was awesome.

sportstennis
07-21-2012, 01:13 AM
:wavey:

Sham Kay
07-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Dunno about tennis, but the next best thing

mrtJsooBg3k

Alex999
07-21-2012, 02:34 AM

mrtJsooBg3k
OMG, that's priceless, thanks for posting this video ... I'm laughing so hard, my tummy is hurting, plus I find these Middle Eastern commentators (pls excuse my ignorance, not sure where they are from) to be so hilarious (absolutely love them, lol)

BodyServe
07-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Don't know about an actual tennis player doing that but there was a thread saying that Almagro won a match and he ended up losing it, i think that was against Nadal at Bercy.

BroTree123
07-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Hilarious stuff :haha:

federerbestclass :bowdown:

Evitman
07-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Don't know about an actual tennis player doing that but there was a thread saying that Almagro won a match and he ended up losing it, i think that was against Nadal at Bercy.

lol.5 mps blown :devil:

n8
07-21-2012, 03:22 AM
The match went to a 3rd set tie-breaker
After leading 6-5* in the tie-break (having mp) the reciver played a decent rally and when he thouht he had hit a winner on mp, he fell to his knees and screamed 'jaaaaa', dutch for 'Yeeeessss'
The ball however seemed to be out and the umpire decided it was out
The guy went on to lose the match 9-7 in the breaker, his opponent irronicly did the same on his mp but he did win the match
Both their knees were coverd in Clay!
I couldn't stop my self from laughing but felt sorry for the guy
It's a shame I don't have a video of it
But I wonder wether this has happened before and if so when and who

This kind of happened to me in a local QF a couple of years back. The score was 6-1 6-7(10) 6*-5 40-30, an epic especially considering the level of event (where 6-1 6-0 wins are the norm). He hits a first serve down the tee which I couldn't reach and falls to the ground in celebration. I was just about to call it out (wide) but thought I couldn't given his celebrating. There was no umpire, but the winner's dad looked at me funny afterwards, I think he knew the ball was probably out.

GustavoM_Fan
07-21-2012, 03:32 AM
xu2uMpaaMJY

Backhand_Maestro
07-21-2012, 03:42 AM

mrtJsooBg3k
:rolls: