Hamburg QF: Cilic def. Ramos 6-4, 7-6(7-5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hamburg QF: Cilic def. Ramos 6-4, 7-6(7-5)

misty1
07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
A very up and down match, lost of twists and turns and shifts in momentum

marin got the job done but he'll have to step it up against haas

Greystoke
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
haas will destroy him tomorrow if he plays like this

petar_pan
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Marin is too tired. Hope he will regain energy.

Deathless Mortal
07-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Not a pretty match from what I saw but a win is what counts. Marin's run goes to 15-1, winning the last 14 sets he's played. :yeah:

samanosuke
07-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Haven't watched a worse match for a while. Painful to watch.

People who think Cilic has become a pretender on bigger things are in big delusion. He stayed same old mug just in current 15-1 streak faced two good players, one schooled him like young monkey and other got disqualified being a set up.

Appreciate Mark Lender's on game posts and game opinions but all his effort falls in water with every on Cilic's post

Haas will school him tomorrow like some second class junior

AncicCilic
07-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Not the best play from Marin if we look at his form as of late.

However, it's wierd for me to feel that i'm not too annoyed even when he messes up some game or looses serve because i believe he will turn it around when crucial moment comes. That is very positive and shows good form and newly found maturity. :)

Mark Lenders
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Horrible stuff, but at least he won.

Hope it was just a blip today, and he has enough left to beat Haas and Almagro and take the title.

Lugburz
07-20-2012, 07:45 PM
bring Čilić on!

Coolio_Jack
07-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Haven't watched a worse match for a while. Painful to watch.

People who think Cilic has become a pretender on bigger things are in big delusion. He stayed same old mug just in current 15-1 streak faced two good players, one schooled him like young monkey and other got disqualified being a set up.

Appreciate Mark Lender's on game posts and game opinions but all his effort falls in water with every on Cilic's post

Haas will school him tomorrow like some second class junior

You are right, but i still think it will be enough for Haas tommorow. We shalll see.

cutesteve22
07-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't know why Ramos couldn't hold his service games after break.

samanosuke
07-20-2012, 07:59 PM
You are right, but i still think it will be enough for Haas tommorow. We shalll see.

nah.. cilic isn't beating in-form players. no mugfest, no cilic's win

misty1
07-20-2012, 08:54 PM
i think marin is getting tired. He has played alot of tennis recently and it might be better for his olympic asperations if he loses tommorrow

Coolio_Jack
07-20-2012, 09:00 PM
i think marin is getting tired. He has played alot of tennis recently and it might be better for his olympic asperations if he loses tommorrow

Dont think so, noone of his matches in the past 2 weeks were more exhausting then the regular practice session.

petar_pan
07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
If he wins tommorrow he will be 12th seed at Olimpics which means he will not play vs top 4 seeds before quaters. Maybe his seed will go out before or he will get Ferrer. That would means he would play in semis and than he is close to the medal.

Not the best play from Marin if we look at his form as of late.

However, it's wierd for me to feel that i'm not too annoyed even when he messes up some game or looses serve because i believe he will turn it around when crucial moment comes. That is very positive and shows good form and newly found maturity. :)

Self-confidence not maturity.
But true is when somebod make 200+ wins on Toour and is still fresh he is mature or so.

Don't know why Ramos couldn't hold his service games after break.

First one, choked big time. Second one, Cilic played good.

Blue Heart24
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM
If he wins tommorrow he will be 12th seed at Olimpics which means he will not play vs top 4 seeds before quaters. Maybe his seed will go out before or he will get Ferrer. That would mens he would play in semis and than he is close to the medal.

Yes because Ferrer is a walking bye for Cilic :rolleyes: Get real.

jrm
07-20-2012, 10:37 PM
this was weird, Cilic was ahead with a break, next time i check the match on TV he was break down in the first set, same story in the second set

petar_pan
07-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes because Ferrer is a walking bye for Cilic :rolleyes: Get real.

It's not, off-course it's not. But he wouldn't choke against him. He chokes only against top 4 and Juan Martin Del Potro.
He would win that match.

Mark Lenders
07-20-2012, 10:42 PM
It's not, off-course it's not. But he wouldn't choke against him. He chokes only against top 4 and Juan Martin Del Potro.
He would win that match.

This isn't true. We all know Marin can choke against anyone. See for instance his match against Querrey at SW19; he pretty much fucked up his entire tournament by choking lead after lead and playing the second longest Wimbledon match ever.

Deathless Mortal
07-20-2012, 10:43 PM
this was weird, Cilic was ahead with a break, next time i check the match on TV he was break down in the first set, same story in the second set

:confused: Cilic was never ahead with a break in the 1st set :shrug:

Absolute Anthropoid
07-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Cilic really showed mental fragility this match, wasn't fun to watch.

It really shows how bad Ramos is that he lost in 2. Any decent player would have capitalised on Cilic' untimely UEs but every time Ramos broke, he gave the break away :haha:

Cilic DFed twice in a row in an early game in the second set to get broken :mad: