Atlanta R2: Muller def Fish 4-6 2-3 RET [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Atlanta R2: Muller def Fish 4-6 2-3 RET

Mr Brightside
07-19-2012, 08:56 PM
what happened?:speakles:

misty1
07-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know what happened here? Gilles was cruising on serve in the first set until he broke for 4-3 and then procedded to get broken 2 times in a row. Second set was a repeat of the first with gilles cruising on serve and mardy being pushed on his

he staved off a break point and held for 3-2 then called it

STUHL
07-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Wow retiering at that point isn't good. Seems to be more serious....

Freak3yman84
07-19-2012, 08:58 PM
He fell when he was serving at I think(don't take my word for it)2-2 30-30. Muller hit a drop shot(or drop volley?) and Fish ran for it and slid, I guess he slid the wrong way and got injured :sad:. Get better Fish :D

Litotes
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
I can't find any info yet. Hope it's nothing serious.

dweijnen
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Gilles:worship:

Cat9
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Looked like he ran into the netsign/pole. He layed on the ground for awhile afterward. Man, I hope it's not serious.

viruzzz
07-19-2012, 09:25 PM

????

I like the guy, but I think we can all agree he has done nothing to win this match.
(Even without watching it)

misty1
07-19-2012, 09:26 PM
????

I like the guy, but I think we can all agree he has done nothing to win this match.
(Even without watching it)

well i dont know.. i think if not for his supreme choking skills then he could have taken it today. He was untouchable on serve until he was ahead

SapELee
07-19-2012, 09:27 PM
I hope it is not serious and such a bad luck b/c he is the defending champ :(.

avocadoe
07-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Too bad, heal Marty
ATLANTA—Two-time defending champion Mardy Fish withdrew from the Atlanta Open on Thursday due to an apparent left ankle injury.
Fish, the No. 2 seed, was leading Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 6-4, 3-2 in a quarterfinal when he pulled out of the match.

Fish stumbled to his left while trying to return a drop and his left ankle appeared to buckle as he got near the net. Fish dropped his racquet and fell to the hard-court surface.

He stayed on his back for about a minute near the left post before limping to the sideline for a short break. Fish returned to finish the fifth game of the second set with two aces. After he and Muller changed sides, Fish waved his opponent off.

Fish, the world's No. 13-ranked player, underwent a heart procedure on May 23 to correct an arrhythmia.

Muller will play Matthew Ebden, a 6-7 (6), 6-4, 6-4 winner over James Blake.

Read more: Fish withdraws during Atlanta quarterfinals - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_21113155/fish-withdraws-during-atlanta-quarterfinals#ixzz216ie1kP7
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

martinatreue
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Mardy :sad:

The Prince
07-19-2012, 11:10 PM

Kinda inappropriate, but whatever.

Thunderfish8
07-19-2012, 11:20 PM

you are praising him for what? for accidentally injuring a player?
for winning a match that he was in the process of tanking because of a default?

kinda inappropriate is an understatement
this is downright disrespectful and you should be ashamed of yourself

if this happened to robby ginepri would you praise his opponent???

think about that for a minute and then learn to use your fucking head before posting stupid shit like that

BroTree123
07-20-2012, 03:37 AM
That's too bad.

Slade
07-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Fishy :mad:

dweijnen
07-20-2012, 08:44 AM
you are praising him for what? for accidentally injuring a player?
for winning a match that he was in the process of tanking because of a default?

kinda inappropriate is an understatement
this is downright disrespectful and you should be ashamed of yourself

if this happened to robby ginepri would you praise his opponent???

think about that for a minute and then learn to use your fucking head before posting stupid shit like that

If it was Ginepri or another player it was a shame, but this is Mardy Fish:confused:
It's better if Fish isn't playing USO, very boring player to watch..

Dougie
07-20-2012, 08:51 AM
If it was Ginepri or another player it was a shame, but this is Mardy Fish:confused:

Do you wish injuries to all players that are boring to watch..?

I´m not a big fan of Fish either, but he´s had a rough year as it is, hopefully it´s nothing serious and he´ll be fit for US Open.

Thunderfish8
07-20-2012, 11:37 AM

well its one thing to wish for them to lose early... i have never found myself wanting players to get injured no matter how much i dislike them
i have not been a fan of Mardy this year either and that's why I changed my avatar (plus the mcenroe pic is awesome)
but i would never praise a player for winning on retirement unless he was absolutely demolishing the opponent

oh and an alternative would be for you to just not watch him... nobody is forcing you to watch players that you find boring
you can watch the challenger that ginepri is playing in during the second week while mardy is in the round of 16 :wavey: