How will the top 4 seeds be drawn in the Olympics? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How will the top 4 seeds be drawn in the Olympics?

Federer in 2
07-19-2012, 07:19 PM
What do you think?

Mark Lenders
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Will they use the Wimbledon seedings and bump Tsonga to #4 seed?

Hope so otherwise Federer or Nole will have a projected bye in their semifinal draw

Federer in 2
07-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Will they use the Wimbledon seedings and bump Tsonga to #4 seed?

Hope so otherwise Federer or Nole will have a projected bye in their semifinal draw

I'm pretty sure Ferrer is 4th. And I'm also pretty sure he will beat Tsonga in the quarters should they meet. (Boy am I gonna hear from you for saying that :rolleyes:)

Mark Lenders
07-19-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Ferrer is 4th. And I'm also pretty sure he will beat Tsonga in the quarters should they meet. (Boy am I gonna hear from you for saying that :rolleyes:)

Hope they get drawn together so your theory/prediction can be put to test. Either Tsonga or Berdych anyway (being projected to face Ferrer in QF).

I know how much you want Federer to face Ferrer in the semis, and for good reasons, but that'd not be good for the tournament. It'd be a repeat of last year's WTF semi with Federer can play as crap as he wants and still sleepwalk through the match.

Andi-M
07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
The final TPTB want is a Wimbledon finale re-match, but its a fair draw so we'll see.

DO i want that? IDK if Murray were to beat Fed ahead of USO, it will give him confidence but Fed will be looking for some serious revenge at USO, likewise if Fed beat Murray again in a final on CC...could be heartbreaking!

dencod16
07-19-2012, 07:42 PM
I hope its Federer-Murray and Ferrer-Djokovic because Ferrer is such a folding bed against Federer he just feels his superior than him and fails miserably.

Moozza
07-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I think Ferrer would beat either Tsonga or Berdych.

henke007
07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I really like Ferrers prospects for a medal here :)

ServeVolley
07-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Ferrer as the 4th seed. :scared:

August
07-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I think we're gonna have Djo-Mur SF, Fed's wanted to play in final. I just wonder who will be top 4's potential #5 to #8 QF opponents, esp. who will play against Tsonga.

ZaZoo)
07-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Fedznacki lucks out as usual throughout his career, gets Ferrer, book it.

henke007
07-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Stop with the Fedzniacki bullshit ffs and deal with it. You know you get alot of points winning 3 Masters and a WTF undefeated. Should Fed be sorry that he won the 2 best 500.s in the process def top 10 players left and right.

Its Noles own fault he hasn't defended more of his points..

Mark Lenders
07-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I think Ferrer would beat either Tsonga or Berdych.

Bold prediction considering both are better grasscourt players and in the only match Tsonga and Ferrer played on grass, last year at Wimbledon, Ferrer got to deuce in about 2/3 of Jo's service games and lost in straights. Not to mention the grass should be fast here, not like the glorified claycourts of the second week of Wimbledon.

But yeah, I guess he can beat them, but what good is that if he will just bring in the lube as soon as he faces a top 3 player, especially Federer?

Make the draw like this:

QF:

Federer vs Berdych
Murray vs Tipsy

Djokovic vs Del Potro
Ferrer vs Tsonga

This way, both Federer and Murray get a big test in QF (Tipsy is known to be a tough matchup for Murray), and even if Ferrer makes it past Tsonga, at least the semi will be a bit more competitive and he usually fights for a while against Djokovic before bending over.

sexybeast
07-19-2012, 08:29 PM
If I flip a coin on what side does it land?

Or better, is that worth a discussion? Predicting draws seem odd to me.

August
07-19-2012, 08:31 PM
I wonder how many people in this thread believe the draw is rigged. I believe.

Federer in 2
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
If I flip a coin on what side does it land?

Or better, is that worth a discussion? Predicting draws seem odd to me.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=184783

Looner
07-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I guess if you think the draw will be rigged (I don't think so in this instance), you'd want Murray-Djokovic so the final can be a repeat of the Wimbledon final. I can hardly care - once RN is out, any winner is welcomed :).

xargon
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
They will put Novak with Murray and Fed will have Ferrer. It's rigged.

Blathzer
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Draws are never rigged ..its fanboys excuse!

JediFed
07-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Law of Spanish Conservation.

Fed/Ferrer vs Djokovic/Murray.

Fed/Del Potro, Tipsy/Ferrer, Murray/Berdych, Djokovic/Tsonga.

Fed/Nando, Simon/Del Potro, Tipsy/Monfils, Nishikori/Ferrer,

Murray/Lopez, Berdych/Monaco, Tsonga/Almugro, Djokovic/Isner.

4R - Djokovic vs Isner
QF - Djokovic vs Tsonga
SF - Djokovic vs Murray
F - Djokovic vs Federer.

4R - Federer vs Nando
QF - Federer vs Del Potro
SF - Federer vs Ferrer
F - Federer vs Djokovic.

Litotes
07-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Stop with the Fedzniacki bullshit ffs and deal with it.

I suppose he is just very impressed with Fed's good looks. No other potential similarities are evident, so.....

Say Hey Kid
07-19-2012, 11:26 PM
What day will the draw take place?

To say draws are never rigged is like saying politicans are NEVER corrupt, as each draw is uniquely handled by different people. Not everyone in the world is honest.

That said, this is handled by the Olympic Comittee, and in all likelyhood it will not be fixed.

TigerTim
07-19-2012, 11:26 PM
They will put Novak with Murray and Fed will have Ferrer. It's rigged.

yep.

Looner
07-19-2012, 11:33 PM
yep.

I hope Muzz pulls it off if he's against Novak. I had him over Novak at Wimbledon after seeing the way they played in an eventual final. I'd love to be proven right for once.

NID
07-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Djoko will get Muzza in SF, for sure.

TigerTim
07-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I hope Muzz pulls it off if he's against Novak. I had him over Novak at Wimbledon after seeing the way they played in an eventual final. I'd love to be proven right for once.

so do I. I think Murray has more chance to win Gold against Roger in the semi though, assuming Roger makes the final if Muzzah were to play him :sad: another loss in a best of 5. Of course Tsonga and Berdych are dangerous lurkers and could (hopefully) knock out Roger and Djoker for Muzzah, I doubt it though

Federer in 2
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
After the Fedole Wimby SF, people were wondering who is more dangerous for Fed in the final - Andy or Jo. I think Andy proved that he is a bigger threat than any of the ballbashers and big servers. That said, Novak is still the biggest threat, with Andy being close second.

But of course on grass, despite the fact Roger might lose to either of them, he is the favorite against both.

Mark Lenders
07-20-2012, 12:19 AM
After the Fedole Wimby SF, people were wondering who is more dangerous for Fed in the final - Andy or Jo. I think Andy proved that he is a bigger threat than any of the ballbashers and big servers. That said, Novak is still the biggest threat, with Andy being close second.

But of course on grass, despite the fact Roger might lose to either of them, he is the favorite against both.

How exactly did he do this? By losing to Federer in 4 in the same venue where Berdych and Tsonga had beaten him one and two years before respectively.

August
07-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Considering how often Isner and Mahut find themselves from the same section of the draw on grass, I wonder if Benneteau gets in Fed's section. If we have Fed v. Benny match in OG, conspiracy theorists say the draw is rigged.

emotion
07-21-2012, 06:24 PM
In earlier debate, I think Ferrer is 50-50 vs Tsonga, 70-30 vs Berdych.

Federer-del Potro
Murray-Tipsarevic

Ferrer-Berdych
Djokovic-Tsonga

Moozza
07-21-2012, 06:33 PM
How exactly did he do this? By losing to Federer in 4 in the same venue where Berdych and Tsonga had beaten him one and two years before respectively.

By beating them on the way to the final and also on many other occasions. Federer is also playing much better this year than he has done for a while so you can't really compare.

MuzzahLovah
07-21-2012, 06:38 PM
so do I. I think Murray has more chance to win Gold against Roger in the semi though, assuming Roger makes the final if Muzzah were to play him :sad: another loss in a best of 5. Of course Tsonga and Berdych are dangerous lurkers and could (hopefully) knock out Roger and Djoker for Muzzah, I doubt it though

The final for the Olympics is best of 5?

MuzzahLovah
07-21-2012, 06:40 PM
I wonder if Murray will get by far the toughest draw again.

Litotes
07-21-2012, 06:43 PM
The final for the Olympics is best of 5?

Yes, and all the rounds play without tiebreak in deciding set.