Noooo :bigcry: Rafie :awww:

Roamed
07-19-2012, 02:51 PM
This sucks :sad: Poor Rafa.

Roamed
really?, I hope this isn't a bad joke.

Don't be ridiculous.

Just saw a quote on twitter released by his agent, Rafa says "this is one of the most difficult moments of my career."

Proteos
It's official I think

From Twitter:

RT @BBCSport: 2008 gold medallist Rafael Nadal pulls out of the London 2012 Olympics, saying he is "not in condition" to compete

RT @stevewilsonap: BREAKING: Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the London Olympics. @AP_Sports

RT @RobHarris: Rafael Nadal pulls out of #London2012 saying he is "not in condition" to compete #APOlympics

Shirogane
07-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Really?

Slade
07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Good lord.

hasanahmad
Seriously? I don't see Nadal lasting beyond 2014 if this keeps up. I think he will retire at 28

STUHL
No Way :eek:

Thats truly sad and I'm not even a Nadal Fan :sad:

TigerTim
07-19-2012, 02:54 PM
is it the knee's?

Or damaged head.

I kid I kid, although I am happy, my 12-1 bet on Murray to win has dramtically reduced, I might just play the market, he ain't going to win, Djokovic is the big favourite for me.

Renaud
So Lopez is in ?

duong
OK it's sad but at least he will have more time to prepare properly for the US Open series, which, imo, is very important, and the US Open much more important than the Olympics.

That's probably not what he thinks, but in the end, it may be good for that.

And he's already been Olympic Champion.

PS : I still would prefer (for my own desire) Federer to skip the Olympics and prepare straight to Toronto, although I know Nadal doesn't do that for that reason.

MuzzahLovah
All this to explain away the Rosol defeat :rolls:

But seriously. What are the bets that Fed gets Ferrer in his half and Djokovic and Murray have to battle it out?

fsoica
If true, this should be the end of calling Nadal a cheater...

TBkeeper
07-19-2012, 02:55 PM
lolwut ? this can't be true ! ? even i'm amazed by this ? how can it..... whatever ..... even me as a rafa hater can't imagine it .....

Slade
Feliciano Mugpez is also in no form for the Olympics

hasanahmad
If federer wins this, his tennis goals list will be complete.

rinnegan
The injury was real after all. :shrug:

http://i53.tinypic.com/30l11yh.jpg

Proteos
07-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Yep, it's official. Here's the link to the full Spanish article with the full statement from Rafa.

http://www.marca.com/2012/07/19/mas_deportes/caminoalondres/1342709163.html

TigerTim
07-19-2012, 02:56 PM

:haha:

BEST GIF EVA

:superlol:

rinnegan
07-19-2012, 02:58 PM
On a more serious note, I really, genuinely hope that this injury is not so bad that it would significantly shorten his career. I hope it's just a precaution to give him more time to heal.

dencod16
07-19-2012, 02:58 PM
If this is true this interview fro ITF would be funny:
http://2012.itftennis.com/olympics/news/articles/london-2012-rested-rafa-prepares-for-gold-medal-defence.aspx

Sham Kay
07-19-2012, 02:59 PM

That's exactly what the most cunning Tennis professional in history wants you to think.

scoobs
07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Sad news for him and his fans.

timafi
he knew the shitty weather in London meant that they were gonna have to keep the roof on at ALL times,so ...

Deathless Mortal

:haha: :haha:

Pirata.
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow, this really sucks for Rafa, he won't have a chance to defend his medal. What does this mean for the other Spanish players? Does this mean Lopez is now in for singles? Can Marc Lopez now play doubles?

Get well soon, Rafa

Deathless Mortal
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
But seriously. What are the bets that Fed gets Ferrer in his half and Djokovic and Murray have to battle it out?

That would be fair anyway. :shrug:

Looner
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
What a Spartan.

Chirag
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Thats not nice to hear but he has already won the gold

Looner
07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
What a Spartan.

I also fully expect to see him running and collecting MM points in Canada a week later :o.

FlameOn
07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
I won't miss him, but poor thing :hug::awww:.

Whiznot
07-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Rafa knows he will only be humiliated if he plays. We just lost the best comedy show in tennis. I hope the humble clown plays the US Open.

Nole Rules
This sucks.

Alex999
http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/19/rafael-nadal-out-olympics/

yeah, it's official. too sad tho. I can't believe that some guys here are actually happy about this :rolleyes: and they are making fun of Nadal. It's not funny at all, or maybe I have a bad sense of humor :confused:.

Whiznot
07-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Nadal=Cheater

Fact--Deal with it!

LoveFifteen
Damn, this is so sad. :sobbing:

I am gutted. :hysteric:

Looner
http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/19/rafael-nadal-out-olympics/

yeah, it's official. too sad tho. I can't believe that some guys here are actually happy about this :rolleyes: and they are making fun of Nadal. It's not funny at all, or maybe I have a bad sense of humor :confused:.

I am happy whenever Nadal's not on a tenniscourt, ruining the sport. I am not happy he's injured though. The fact is, I don't believe for a minute this will stop him from annihilating the field to the USO F/SF.

Renaud
Smart choice. He has already won OG, he can focus on american hard court season where he will be fresher than everybody else.

henke007
What a Dramaqueen, he knows he has no chance on Grass in best of 3 and after the defeats to Kohli and Goatsol. Seriously Rafa is fkin fine there was no indication that he has any probs.:o To bad we won't see him get trashed though :sad:

Shirogane
OK it's sad but at least he will have more time to prepare properly for the US Open series, which, imo, is very important, and the US Open much more important than the Olympics.

That's probably not what he thinks, but in the end, it may be good for that.

And he's already been Olympic Champion.

PS : I still would prefer (for my own desire) Federer to skip the Olympics and prepare straight to Toronto, although I know Nadal doesn't do that for that reason.Agree, unless one wants to have sex at the village, getting ready for the Open is a bigger priority.

MTwEeZi
07-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Let the mindless blind hate flow freely.

Ash86
07-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Those without sympathy for him are heartless - imagine having the chance to be your country's flagbearer, to at at Wimbledon for the Olympics and then to have to pull out due to injury. Given how much this would have meant to him he could not have taken this decision lightly. So so gutted for him. Get well soon Rafa.

DanaKz
07-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Wow.

Mikey.
Yay.

finishingmove
he's got one gold medal, why should he care?

not that surprising.

he's aiming for the us open

dencod16
07-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Thats not nice to hear but he has already won the gold

So Federer should not play slams anymore cause he has won them.

motorhead
So Lopez is in ?

thank god!

MuzzahLovah
Lol. Like an injured Rafa really wants to get out on hard courts. I genuinely think he would have played if he could, no strategy for the US Open involved.

dencod16
07-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Better chances for him to win Canada and it grants more points.

trojanstallion
07-19-2012, 03:12 PM
WOW.... some of you people are really fucking pathetic!!!

This is a human being were talking about, that devotes his life to tennis, works constantly to keep this dream going, and is too injured to compete in the Olympic Games and trying to win a medal for his country.

How sad that you are that pathetic to make fun and wish ill on someone, just because you dont like their playing style...

star
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Don’t be silly.

duong
07-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't understand the comments "he was not injured" "now he's injured" blablabla.

It had been documented by the Spanish media, as Ash86 had already said, that he had knee-treatments (3 injections according to Ash86) in the weeks after Wimbledon.

These treatments are painful and of course he needs time to recover after that.

He needs too much time to play the Olympics, that's all.

I think not everybody has realized on MTF how much Nadal has become dependent on these PRP injections. It gets worrying that he does it every 3 months now but it's nothing new in itself :shrug:

I don't think he's "injured" now, he just needs time to recover, that's all.

Mark Lenders
07-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Terrible news. It must feel horrible not being able to defend his title and be his country flag bearer, hope he's fine by the time the US Open comes rolling.

On another note, please let them use the Wimbledon seedings and bump Tsonga to #4 seed, so that Federer/Djokovic don't have a projected bye in their semifinal draws.

MuzzahLovah
07-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't understand the comments "he was not injured" "now he's injured" blablabla.

It had been documented by the Spanish media, as Ash86 had already said, that he had knee-treatments (3 injections according to Ash86) in the weeks after Wimbledon.

I think not everybody has realized on MTF how much Nadal has become dependent on these PRP injections. It gets worrying that he does it every 3 months now but it's nothing new in itself :shrug:

I think everyone knows Nadal is dependent on injections.

Burrow
07-19-2012, 03:17 PM

This is a human being were talking about, that devotes his life to tennis, works constantly to keep this dream going, and is too injured to compete in the Olympic Games and trying to win a medal for his country.

How sad that you are that pathetic to make fun and wish ill on someone, just because you dont like their playing style...

Meanwhile in Africa...

Yes, it's disappointing for him, but it's not like the man is wheelchair bound, he will be back before the US Open has even begun.

duong
07-19-2012, 03:19 PM

yes but in your previous posts, you spoke as if he's injured now :

no he's not injured now, he's recovering !

just as he said.

People speak of a carreer-threatening injury blablabla,

From all the comments it seems that people had not noticed that he had just had injections and that he needs time to recover from that : that's why he was worried in the interview last week.

There's nothing new, except that he can't be ready on time for the Olympics, that's all. He's not in a wheelchair now but not good enough.

dazed1
OFC he is, no one can push his body so hard without problems.

Just look what happened to Ronaldo (Brasil) and you get the idea, with one difference though, Ronaldo technique wise in football was like 10x better then Nadal in tennis.

fsoica
on a sad note, this looks a bit like 2009....and his usopen series was not so good at the time...

KoOlMaNsEaN
07-19-2012, 03:20 PM
I am shocked :eek: Rafael loves to compete for his country and it must be a pretty serious injury for him not to even travel to London!

star
07-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Baffling.

Nadal has a chronic congenital foot problem that nearly ended his career at the very beginning. They found a way to compensate for it in his shoes, but this also causes more stress on his knees. It has been explained many times and at length in Nadal’s book, but people either don’t pay attention or don’t care to understand.

BrazilTBfan
07-19-2012, 03:22 PM
It's true. I can't believe...

yesyesok
07-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I think anybody that thinks Rafa would skip olympics to prepare for HC masters series are mental.

I will be amazed if he plays Canada or Cincy, possible he will miss US Open too.

Chirag
07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
I cant believe people are saying he isnt injured .He just pulled out of the olympics :sobbing:

duong
07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
on a sad note, this looks a bit like 2009....and his usopen series was not so good at the time...

in 2009 he didn't have the PRP treatment : that's precisely the reason why it went so bad that year and he got better since then !

His PRP treatment he started in 2010 if I remember well.

theseth1119
07-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Will Rafa end up playing in Toronto, Cincinnati, and the U.S. Open?

Looner
Those without sympathy for him are heartless - imagine having the chance to be your country's flagbearer, to at at Wimbledon for the Olympics and then to have to pull out due to injury. Given how much this would have meant to him he could not have taken this decision lightly. So so gutted for him. Get well soon Rafa.

Those with sympathy for him are clueless ;).

Pirata.
On another note, please let them use the Wimbledon seedings and bump Tsonga to #4 seed, so that Federer/Djokovic don't have a projected bye in their semifinal draws.

You just can't help it, can you? :rolleyes:

duong
07-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I think anybody that thinks Rafa would skip olympics to prepare for HC masters series are mental.

I will be amazed if he plays Canada or Cincy, possible he will miss US Open too.

of course he didn't skip the Olympics for that but he may still be ready to play Toronto, and if he was not fit to play London he will be better prepared for Toronto if he skips London.

That said, it's not sure yet he will be ready for Toronto, but it's very possible.

fsoica
07-19-2012, 03:27 PM
in 2009 he didn't have the PRP treatment : that's precisely the reason why it went so bad that year and he got better since then !

His PRP treatment he started in 2010 if I remember well.

what is this PRP treatment?

samanosuke
07-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Credits to Nadal. AT least he stays with its faking till the end. What a nice Olympic tournaments will be now. Enjoying in tennis. Priceless. Expecting to see Nadal in Canada though. Maybe he takes Washington WC also

duong
07-19-2012, 03:32 PM
what is this PRP treatment?

blood plasma injections beside the knee, I don't know it precisely but I remember that Rafa said it was extremely painful and something like 1 week or 2 weeks are needed afterwards to recover, depending on how it's done exactly.

If he really had 3 injections in the recent weeks (I had never heard him to have so many ones in a row), it's understandable that he needs a lot of time to recover and it was "just" for the Olympics.

It's also surely the reason why he skipped the exhibition against Djokovic.

He started it in 2010 if I understood well, he did it after Wimbledon 2010, nearly sure, and I think also during Barcelona 2010, that's why he skipped that tournament.

He also did it after Wimbledon 2011, that's why he skipped the Davis cup match in the USA.

He did it a few other times as well.

It's not considered as a performance enhancing process by the WADA but only as a medical treatment.

Nole Rules
07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Let the mindless blind hate flow freely.

:lol:

dencod16
07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Credits to Nadal. AT least he stays with its faking till the end. What a nice Olympic tournaments will be now. Enjoying in tennis. Priceless. Expecting to see Nadal in Canada though. Maybe he takes Washington WC also

LOl he cant do that as he was on the original list of the Olympics.

Lleyton_
07-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Is it wrong to be sick of this? I mean Nadal losing early in a slam and then validating his injury with a withdrawal from the next major tournament. The conspiracy theorist in me is not amused.

tennizen
Nice tactical move.

masterclass
Here's a translation of the article mentioned earlier:

Rafael Nadal will not participate in the London Olympics, who would also have been the flag bearer of the Spanish delegation, due to not overcoming his knee tendinitis.

It was a dream come true. After debuting in 2004 Athens Olympics and winning the individual gold medal in Beijing 2008, Rafael Nadal was scheduled to participate in his third Olympic Games this summer in London, where he also was to be the flag bearer of the Spanish delegation. However, tendinitis in his knees, an old injury which is often treated sporadically, has hindered his dream of returning to be present at the Olympic Games. "I am not able to compete. It is one of the saddest moments of my career," said the player through a statement.

After being knocked out of Wimbledon in second round, Nadal went for a routine visit to the clinic in Vitoria where long term treatment continues to keep his battered knees healthy. On the last visit, the medical tests detected an injury that forced him to spend two weeks resting, thus having to stop an exhibition planned in Madrid (Alma Nadal, an exhibition match with Novak Djokovic at the Santiago Bernabeu in which they planned to reach the Guinness record for attendance at a tennis match). His rest in Manacor has not been enough. Although he has been seen working out at the gym through photographs that have been hanging on social networks in recent days and sent messages of hope to be fully recovered, the news of this came by surprise on Thursday through a statement released by his press secretary.

"I'm not able to compete in the Olympic Games in London and therefore won't be traveling as planned with the Spanish delegation to compete in them. I have to think my colleagues, I can't be selfish and I have to think about the good of Spanish sport, especially of Spanish tennis and let them play with a partner who is better prepared to compete, "noted the letter. "I rushed down to the last moment in my preparation, my training, but it has not been enough. Today is one of the saddest days of my career as one of the greatest dreams and perhaps most special moment was to be the bearer of Spain in the opening ceremony of the games in London, so you can imagine how difficult it has been making this decision, "he added.

The effects of changes, is waiting to allocate a new bearer to the Spanish team. Logic says that it would be the sailor Iker Fernandez, and the rider Samuel Sanchez, the other would be eligible for this fact is also in doubt go to the London event to be recovering from a broken finger and a bruised shoulder. On the grass, Nadal's position in the Spanish tennis team would be occupied by ranking by Feliciano Lopez, fifth Spaniard in the ATP rankings, leaving in doubt which couple could form with Marcel Granollers in doubles.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Looner
Good move considering this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18849517

Matt01
07-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Get better soon, Rafa :hug:

+10000

samanosuke
07-19-2012, 03:36 PM
LOl he cant do that as he was on the original list of the Olympics.

did you hear for his uncle ?

star
07-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Nice tactical move.

Nice jumping on the “cool kids” bandwagon.

tennizen
Pattern continues- biggest upset ever at FO-withdraws from Wimbledon.

even bigger upset at Wimbledon- withdraws from next tournament.

theseth1119
What's the over/under on Rafa playing in Toronto?

!VamosRafa!
:rolleyes: @ ppl who are faking they are sorry for him. I bet 3/4 of MTF is celebrating now :help:

Rafa :hug: It's been a nice career, but I'm afraid the end is near :sad: :sobbing:

Pea
07-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Are these the same injections that Agassi took later in his career? If it is, that's really not a good sign of longevity.

Slice Winner
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Really sad for Rafa :(

Hope this thread doesn't turn into a big argument, but anyone that questions Rafa's dodgy knees after this is clearly not living in the real world.
Not that every MTO he takes is justified, but he clearly has knee issues.

MasterPredictor
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Federer just had an orgasm knowing the guy that owns him is out, just like at Wimbledon. Congrats to Roger on gold.

MasterPredictor
07-19-2012, 03:45 PM

I'm going to make a wild guess and assume that you are not a member of the mensa.

duong
07-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Are these the same injections that Agassi took later in his career? If it is, that's really not a good sign of longevity.

I don't think it's the same as from what I heard, it was a "new treatment".

However, I don't think it's a good sign of longevity either. Physically it's likely it can't last forever, and even on the mental part : can you enjoy tennis for long if you have to suffer such painful treatments so often ?

evilmindbulgaria
07-19-2012, 03:47 PM

2 occurrences and you call this a pattern :lol: How statistically challenged are you? I guess that's what hate does to the brain.

mike s.
07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm not a fan of Nadal's but anyone who thinks this is a good thing for the sport is not a fan of tennis.

Beat
07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Federer just had an orgasm knowing the guy that owns him is out, just like at Wimbledon. Congrats to Roger on gold.

nadal competed at wimbledon, my dear. :p

DJ Soup
07-19-2012, 03:49 PM
so the final is definitively Federer vs Murray/Djokovic

theseth1119
07-19-2012, 03:50 PM
How many more grand slams will Rafa win the rest of his career? Will he ever win another one other than the French Open?

BroTree123
Nadal, get better soon mate :sad: :awww: :bigcry: :hug:

Haters fuck off.

DJ Soup
I'm not a fan of Nadal's but anyone who thinks this is a good thing for the sport is not a fan of tennis.

I'm a fan of TENNIS, not Nadal's version of it

emotion
07-19-2012, 03:52 PM
lopez in?
Year end no 1 has gotta be a 2 man race now. Is marcel in dubs with marc lopez? Or doomed to almagro?
Ferrer ultra beatable top 4 seed on grass

Snowwy

Or maybe a more logical thing is happening here, and he is in fact injured. What a crazy concept, huh?

No, it's not the same.

MuzzahLovah
yes but in your previous posts, you spoke as if he's injured now :

no he's not injured now, he's recovering !

just as he said.

People speak of a carreer-threatening injury blablabla,

From all the comments it seems that people had not noticed that he had just had injections and that he needs time to recover from that : that's why he was worried in the interview last week.

There's nothing new, except that he can't be ready on time for the Olympics, that's all. He's not in a wheelchair now but not good enough.

Huh? I've been clear on the fact that Nadal is always injured when he loses. Nothing new about it. :D

tennizen
2 occurrences and you call this a pattern :lol: How statistically challenged are you? I guess that's what hate does to the brain.

With rare occurrences(Nadal's upsets) we have to make do with what we get. I am not performing any statistical tests for significance yet. In future maybe Nadal will provide more opportunities.

I hate it when any top player is missing from a tournament.

Javi
07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Rafa :sobbing: Spain just lost a very likely medal. :sad:

Now I hope Marc López is In to play doubles with Granollers.

Johnbert
:rolleyes:

I guess now even the gold medal would be worthless for fed cause he haven't to face nadal, right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

Shirogane
Federer just had an orgasm knowing the guy that owns him is out, just like at Wimbledon. Congrats to Roger on gold.I think Fed will actually feel sadness for Rafa. :(

MuzzahLovah
07-19-2012, 03:54 PM
so the final is definitively Federer vs Murray/Djokovic

Who do you think Fed will get in his semi?

Javi
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
So many retards can't give Nadal a f****ing break :facepalm:
You know Olympics means a lot to him. He was even the flag bearer, this decision has been so dificult to take for him.

MuzzahLovah
07-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I think Fed will actually feel sadness for Rafa. :(

http://www.tennisnow.com/images/nadal-federer.gif

rocketassist
07-19-2012, 03:56 PM
If it was a slam I don't think he'd pull out and even Kneedal needs to do little to beat most of the clowns on tour these days.

But I don't think he'd have much chance in a 9 day best of 3 on grass though.

born_on_clay
07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
sad day for tennis

theseth1119
lopez in?
Year end no 1 has gotta be a 2 man race now

Rafa's only defending 1,980 points the rest of 2012.
Rogie defends about 3,990 points the rest of 2012.
Djokovic defends about 4,160 points the rest of 2012.

Not so much a two man race really because Rafa has only about 1/2 the points to defend the rest of the year, so he could end up #2 or even #1 at the end of 2012 based on the next 3 1/2 months.

vavavoom
He must really hate London.

EddieNero
Nadal undertook this decision only because he has already won the gold medal. I'm pretty sure the injury isn't serious enough to be afraid about his health or further career, Nadal simply did the maths and counted he can gain more by performing well at Toronto/Cincinnati and first of all try to defend his Us Open points.

gaitare
I think Fed will actually feel sadness for Rafa. :(

He'll laugh for 15 minutes at first.

ossie
07-19-2012, 03:58 PM
nadal finally decides to do some smart scheduling by opting to skip this mickey mouse tournament.

yesyesok
07-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Rafa's only defending 1,980 points the rest of 2012.
Rogie defends about 3,990 points the rest of 2012.
Djokovic defends about 4,160 points the rest of 2012.

Not so much a two man race really because Rafa has only about 1/2 the points to defend the rest of the year, so he could end up #2 or even #1 at the end of 2012 based on the next 3 1/2 months.

Much better just to look at points to date?

www.atpworldtour.com

Rankings

Race to London.

You'll see Federer is first, about 300 pts ahead of Djoko and Rafa.

Litotes
07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Sad news. One would like to see all the best players at the Olympics.

tripwires
07-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Sad news. At least he already has a gold medal.

gaitare
07-19-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm not sad at all :shrug:

FedFan
Not exactly surprised, as he has lost confidence after Wimbledon. All the talk about his knees were to prepare the fans for his withdrawal.

Nadal was not happy with the Olympics playing best of three. He complained before that on a given day a big server could prevail.

He will be fully fit for the next tournaments on hardcourt.

Everko
It's ok. He already has one gold medal

Roy Emerson
07-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Nadal prioritizing the USO.

born_on_clay
07-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Nadal prioritizing the USO.

yeah sure, one can win a tennis Grand Slam without his knees...

Commander Data
It has been explained many times and at length in Nadal’s book, but people either don’t pay attention or don’t care to understand.

There are some other logical explanations, just to mention one: Not everybody reads Nadal's book. :hug:

nole_no1
wow... this sucks for him because we all know how much the Olympics mean to him

bad news for the competition no matter if you're a fan or a hater

DJ Soup
Who do you think Fed will get in his semi?

Murray or Tsonga probably. Fed gets through. Nole is the difficult one for Fed.

Commander Data
07-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Poor Fed can never own a gold medal without asterix now.

Commander Data
07-19-2012, 04:09 PM
yeah sure, one can win a tennis Grand Slam without his knees...

He has done it before :shrug:

chenx15
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
he is still a cheater in my eyes. with that being said he will be missed. he brings in extra excitement in the tennis world with the mental games he is playing with fed on the court (even if he is not his opponent). on the other hand it is a very smart move. he realized grass is faster and it is best of 3 with the possibility of the roof close it's like asking for a spanking. he did not say he was injured he just said he is in no condition to play which makes sense. chances are after the wimbledon lose, he was so devastated that he decided to take a break. don't be surprise if he starts running like a rabbit in the US open series because he is fresher.

buzz
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Sad story.

Also a strange story. I understand the pain from PRP treatment is too much, but when I compare his FO2012 knees to the Wim2012 knees I see new injection spots at wimbledon. So then he could recover in 2 weeks, or was he still in a lot of pain at Wimbledon. Also at the AO2012 we can see a bandage around one of knees indicating recent injections? He was good then?

Anyway, there are quite some weeks between Wimbledon and the olympics, I am surprised it wasn't enough.

Everko
07-19-2012, 04:11 PM

He's not winning it anyway

Johnny Groove
07-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Such a smart decision.

He already has a Gold Medal, better to rest up and come back strong and steal Toronto, where many of the top guys may be burnt out from a tough Olympic week.

USO is more important for Rafa at this stage in his career.

HKz
07-19-2012, 04:12 PM
If this is just a minor thing, then this is a good decision by him so he can be prepared for the US Open which is much more important. I mean he has won the Olympics before and it isn't going to help him much with ranking points, especially since winning it is IMO doubtful for him at this moment.

However, certainly we will need to see if this is actually serious and a sign for things to come..

Litotes
07-19-2012, 04:12 PM

At least he won't have Obelix on it.

Commander Data
07-19-2012, 04:13 PM
He's not winning it anyway

Nostradamus in da house again :worship:

Has there ever been anyone beside Everko predicting Federers fall with more accuracy? :worship::worship::worship:

chenx15
07-19-2012, 04:15 PM

i was thinking about this...

Everko
07-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Why are you still here? Weren't you embarassed enough of how shitty you are at predicting things and how much of a clown you are? I mean you already got your tard da game account banned, time to use your other ones, they aren't as pathetic as your Failerko account.

Tell me which line of my signature has been wrong. They are still there. You are the one who is wrong all the time infectus. You thought Soderling would beat Nadal in the FO final.

oematoema
07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
i was thinking about this...

I can't help it, but me too.

juan77
07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
That's exactly what the most cunning Tennis professional in history wants you to think.

+1.

Fed Muzza Killer
07-19-2012, 04:19 PM
he's got one gold medal, why should he care?

not that surprising.

he's aiming for the us open

This.

He doesn't give a damn shit about his country , he won Olympics in 2008 and doesn't care about it anymore , his main goal is US OPEN and hopefully he will FAIL agian.

theseth1119
07-19-2012, 04:19 PM
So who do you think wins the 2012 singles gold now? Rogie, Djokovic, Mugray, Tsonga, or someone else?

cardio
07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
It not like he was going to win gold anyway. In form Djoko and Fed under roof, even Tsonga and Murka are dangerous on grass, especially in best of 3.

Bookies earned shitload of money again. They dont return millions their customers put on Nadal to win, they keep it.Lucky bastards.

castle007
Wow :eek:

FEDtheGOAT

it starts to look like a pattern....

Oh my....This Uncle is full of tactical strategies for trying to preserve his monkey legacy intact!!

FEDtheGOAT
07-19-2012, 04:23 PM
I can't help it, but me too.

i guess...we do all think about it !!

Kiedis
07-19-2012, 04:26 PM
This.

He doesn't give a damn shit about his country , he won Olympics in 2008 and doesn't care about it anymore , his main goal is US OPEN and hopefully he will FAIL agian.

He had asked to be the flagship of the Spanish team a month ago. You are talking about the wrong man, is other who give a damm shit about his country, the one who has no gold medal nor davis cup title. I'm pissed off by this news, so I better not visit this internet cesspool full of retarded kids.

Whiznot
07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Nadal fakes an injury to save face and avoid humiliation. That fact is obvious because if there actually were knee issues Nadal wouldn't needlessly jump around like a child's windup toy before matches and during the coin toss. If Nadal was injured he wouldn't over stress his knees by trying to make every shot a forehand. It is clear that Rafa shows no concern for his knees while playing it is only after bad defeats that he feigns injury.

yesyesok
07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I might be a hater but I will enjoy the Olympics much much more knowing Nadal is out.

I just don't like his style of play, it is frustrating to watch.

Knowing I won't have to watch him in a semi final and the final will just the make the tournament much more enjoyable, regardless of who does play the final.

Andresito
07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
In 2004 Nalbandian took a place for Athens.
Once there, he didn't compete because he was injured.

Conclusion: I want to congratulate Nadal and his fans. It's the right thing to do let another tennis player of your nation to participe in your spot.

hipolymer
07-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Poor Rafa. Another title for Mugerer. :facepalm:

FEDtheGOAT
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Nadal fakes an injury to save face and avoid humiliation. That fact is obvious because if there actually were knee issues Nadal wouldn't needlessly jump around like a child's windup toy before matches and during the coin toss. If Nadal was injured he wouldn't over stress his knees by trying to make every shot a forehand. It is clear that Rafa shows no concern for his knees while playing it is only after bad defeats that he feigns injury.

it doesn't matter how many times we say this...

How can you intelligently deal with people who are close-minded, totally stubborn in their beliefs and unreceptive to new ideas? Perhaps you feel certain you’re right and they’re wrong, but you can’t seem to convince them to see things your way. And maybe you are in fact right, but that doesn’t prevent the other person from resorting to irrational arguments to keep from agreeing with you. What can you do in such situations?

that's what we have to deal with Nadaltards and other delusional tards!!!

tripwires
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
He had asked to be the flagship of the Spanish team a month ago. You are talking about the wrong man, is other who give a damm shit about his country, the one who has no gold medal nor davis cup title. I'm pissed off by this news, so I better not visit this internet cesspool full of retarded kids.

He cried when he won the gold in doubles in 2008 and he doesn't care about his country. :lol: In fact, he cried as the Swiss national athem was played - totally shows he couldn't care less about his country. :haha:

Yeah you should stay away; that'd increase MTF's collective IQ by quite a bit.

Federer_28
07-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope Djokovic draws Murray now

FEDtheGOAT
07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
and why is he always withdrawing from big prestigious event!!

bad timing i guess...!!!

r3d_d3v1l_
07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Have there ever been a Nadal season without injuries?

LinkMage
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Who are you talking about? :confused:

Fed already has a gold medal FYI. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0M_KdlZIAtk/SKfx0zyKLcI/AAAAAAAAJ8A/bG6lVnBwh8E/s400/cf7daa14a96899d5aa8725fdad77dd2d-getty-oly-2008-tennis-podium.jpg

Li Ching Yuen

Please stay on topic. This is not related to PEDs.

rickcastle
I should probably feel bad for him, maybe I'm a horrible person but I don't. He makes millions upon millions over what I will earn in my lifetime anyway, he doesn't need my pity. He's always injured after a huge loss and if he is really that dependent on injections, I don't see why he keeps on competing. He has expressed concern that he won't be able to enjoy his life after retirement because the game is really taking its toll on his body, he is always in pain and presumably miserable after getting his injections - with the kind of money he has, I don't really know why this is all worth it? For what, a few more trophies on the mantle?

Nadal has been injured many times before to keep on coming back better, faster, stronger and with watching so many of my favorite players get injured and never go back to be the players they once were - it makes it hard for me to believe that Nadal is really injured every time he says he is. Again, maybe I'm a horrible person but also again, he doesn't need my pity anyway.

jasmin
07-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Wow...Nadal. My mouth kind of dropped on this.

Kat_YYZ
Sorry for his injury problems. Can't believe as late as April he thought he could go deep in Wimbledon, play that Madrid exo and then the Olympics. :rolleyes: He doesn't ever seem to smarten up about scheduling, does he?

I didn't think he'd be a huge threat at the Olympics anyways. (as per reasons already mentioned: newly seeded grass giving rise to conditions that aren't favourable to him; best of three; smaller draw means stronger field, so many early opponents could knock him out; possibility of indoor conditions, etc).

Kiedis
He cried when he won the gold in doubles in 2008 and he doesn't care about his country. :lol: In fact, he cried as the Swiss national athem was played - totally shows he couldn't care less about his country. :haha:

Yeah you should stay away; that'd increase MTF's collective IQ by quite a bit.

He likes cry for whatever, all we know this. But the fact is that a always healthy 31 years old players has achieved for his country less than the worst Spaniard mug who had played tennis since 90's.

Putísima
bGHytwOgbG0

Kat_YYZ
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0M_KdlZIAtk/SKfx0zyKLcI/AAAAAAAAJ8A/bG6lVnBwh8E/s400/cf7daa14a96899d5aa8725fdad77dd2d-getty-oly-2008-tennis-podium.jpg

http://gonzogeek.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/pwned.jpg?w=300&h=219

FEDtheGOAT
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
bGHytwOgbG0

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Putísima
07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/ByeBitch.gif

Fed Muzza Killer
07-19-2012, 04:51 PM

TBH i don't buy any of those,he MAY not be OK,but there's VERY GOOD CHANCE that's there's no seriuos injury and will be OK for the US OPEN Series.
by the way , FED has an Olympic Gold Medal

so you have no trust in your world No2 ?!

Kiedis
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM

WTF? Who cares about doubles? Has he the gold medal in Pétanque or Curling too?

abraxas21
07-19-2012, 04:54 PM
WTF? Who cares about doubles?

Davis Cup contenders

AndyNonomous
There is nothing wrong with Nadal.

He is just scared that the ITF can't protect him at the Olympics.

Just like heaven
I don't care about the Olympics but now I'm worried he won't be fit for the hard court season. :sad:

Corey Feldman
07-19-2012, 04:55 PM
calm down Kiedis

Spain might win a gold medal in something else

altho it wont be basketball since, you know, USA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESP

Myrre
07-19-2012, 04:56 PM

Exactly.

Fed fordawin
07-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Going to such extremities to have an excuse for the Rosol defeat... that man has no dignity or love for his country:mad:

Freak3yman84
Nooooo! I'm not a Nadal fan either, but this literally sucks... He had a really good shot here :sad:

abraxas21
He is just scared that the ITF can't protect him at the Olympics.

This.

I'd dare say Nadal is tremendously worried about the strict anti-doping testing methods of the British Olympic Comittee. For once our ATP players won't have it that easy.

Fed Muzza Killer
WTF? Who cares about doubles?

I do :rocker2:

And I don't Care if you don't Care about Duobles :wavey:

Kiedis
07-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Davis Cup contenders

Sometimes. But less than 5% of tennis fans knows who are de doubles finalis in the last Wimbledon. Let's face it.

Johnny Groove
07-19-2012, 05:00 PM
So many haters, sweet Jesus.

What will they do when Nadal retires?

Gagsquet
07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Tennis wins I guess

Corey Feldman
07-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Sometimes. But less than 5% of tennis fans knows who are de doubles finalis in the last Wimbledon. Let's face it.Nope

a BRIT won

continuing our sporting dominance all over the planet

henke007
07-19-2012, 05:06 PM

Yeah Rafa was really racking up the results on the grass this year and i think he thought 2 that he would be a top contender for the Gold.

Orka_n
07-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Wow. Too bad for Rafa.

Jaz
07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Fail.

Kiedis
Nope

a BRIT won

continuing our sporting dominance all over the planet

Who brit were? know at least their parents they won it?

Sagacious
WTH is this??? Shameless fellow!

Crazy Girl
07-19-2012, 05:09 PM
:eek::eek::eek:oh my!!!! oh my!!!! oh my!!!! I'M SCHOKED!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Orka_n
07-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Poor Rafa. Another title for Mugerer. :facepalm:What about No.1vak?

Crazy Girl
07-19-2012, 05:12 PM
JESUS!!!! I'M SCHOKED!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Crazy Girl
07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
:eek::eek: really schoked!!!! :eek::eek:

Federer in 2
07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
No Federer fan, or any fan in general, should be gloating.
Nadal didn't pull out of some ATP 500 tourney on clay, which would be all good news to his opponents. Those are the Olympics. This decision opens the door for Fed, Novak and Murray, but first of all it's a sad moment for Tennis.
Hope he gets well soon, and really there is not even a little disrespect for Rafa.

About the consequences for the Games, Murray is clearly now the biggest threat for the top 2. I'm also very very happy for David, he is the 4th seed and has a great chance at a SF.
Another thing: Djokovic and Tipsarevic can't be drawn into the same quarter. This means that Novak's potential QF opponent will be either Tsonga, Berdych or Del Potro. Something to think about.

Jon.
07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
OMG :eek:

I didn't expect this at all.

Wishing him good recovery :hug:

Burrow
07-19-2012, 05:18 PM
:eek::eek::eek:oh my!!!! oh my!!!! oh my!!!! I'M SCHOKED!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

JESUS!!!! I'M SCHOKED!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek: really schoked!!!! :eek::eek:

You might as well replace schoked with happy, because let's face it...

Sophocles
07-19-2012, 05:19 PM
This.

I'd dare say Nadal is tremendously worried about the strict anti-doping testing methods of the British Olympic Comittee. For once our ATP players won't have it that easy.

It is rather suspicious isn't it?

River
07-19-2012, 05:19 PM
The bias in this thread has reached idiotic levels.

A guy can't even drop out of the olympics without it being some sort of controversy.

This guy was supposed to have the honor of bearing the spanish flag during the opening olympic games. But somehow, in the minds of people, Rafa is so scared to lose FACE that he would drop out after being given pretty much the symbol that says "you're our best hope for our country."

SOMEHOW, in SOME WAY, dropping that honor and all the nationalistic pride and expectations given to you, was to SAVE FACE.

I really, really, really wished people would get smacked by a served tennis ball in the face some more. Cause that dumbass logic makes zero sense.

manadrainer
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, I am sorry for Rafa since he cares a lot about Olympics.

Fortunately for him he's already won his gold medal and can prepare better for the us open series where #1 will be probably decided.

Just like heaven
07-19-2012, 05:29 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/7206623.stm

iramlatif
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
this sucks.... does anyone know if somebody else is flag bearer now? is feli going to be in singles now?

mseles1
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM

This isn't suitable for yet another Nadal hate-inn. 4770 tests performed in Beijing deserves a mention.
Least he's got a gold, go Murray suppose.

samanosuke
07-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I bet decisive factor for such decision was no spaniards in his half

Lleyton_
07-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I bet decisive factor for such decision was no spaniards in his half

:haha:

Chris Kuerten
07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Probably has to do something with the increased doping testing at the Olympics.

gaitare
07-19-2012, 05:40 PM
this sucks.... does anyone know if somebody else is flag bearer now? is feli going to be in singles now?

The Spanish team will walk through flagless and anonymously. Probably dressed in black.

misty1
07-19-2012, 05:41 PM
well its unfortunate that he is injured but i cant say i care that he wont be playing the olympics

gaitare
07-19-2012, 05:46 PM

I will never bash Nadal because of doping unless he's found gulity, I have other issues with him. But your post is completely non-argumentative.

Right On
07-19-2012, 05:52 PM
They won't find him guilty because it's bad for the sport, just as if Nadal isn't bad for the sport himself :lol:. Anyway good riddance, he's so very NOT missed.

Myrre
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Funny with all this time off he can't get well? What's happened to the amazing doctors he had before?

ahadabans
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
It's unfortunate to hear this. But something I think we will see more of in the future. Rafa has been battling injuries his whole career, and it is only going to get worse. It's why I see only 2 or 3 more slams from him. I don't think he'll be healthy long enough and consistently enough to win more than that.

Fed fordawin
07-19-2012, 05:56 PM
The bias in this thread has reached idiotic levels.

A guy can't even drop out of the olympics without it being some sort of controversy.

This guy was supposed to have the honor of bearing the spanish flag during the opening olympic games. But somehow, in the minds of people, Rafa is so scared to lose FACE that he would drop out after being given pretty much the symbol that says "you're our best hope for our country."

SOMEHOW, in SOME WAY, dropping that honor and all the nationalistic pride and expectations given to you, was to SAVE FACE.

I really, really, really wished people would get smacked by a served tennis ball in the face some more. Cause that dumbass logic makes zero sense.

that's nadal's immoral logic, not ours.

nobama
07-19-2012, 05:58 PM

:bigcry:

Mechlan
07-19-2012, 06:05 PM
That sucks for Rafa. Very sorry to hear that. Hope he rests up and comes back healthy.

samanosuke
07-19-2012, 06:09 PM
If you read this decision between the lines it isn't good for Rafa. He is loosing it on metal level more and more these days . After Feli praised Fed's Wimbledon win, old mentally strong Rafa would withdraw on warm up before R1 match not allowing Feli to participate. If other Spaniards see that being naughty isn't punishing anymore Rafa is majorly fucked

Pratik
07-19-2012, 06:15 PM
The real reason Nadal withdrew:

Looner
07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
So many haters, sweet Jesus.

What will they do when Nadal retires?

Breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy this wonderful sport once more after the dark ages have passed :).

alfonsojose
07-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Somebody doesn't want to get caught ch .. :ignore: .. in London traffic :angel:

samanosuke
07-19-2012, 06:17 PM

this would suit him perfectly

ImmzB
07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
:sad: :sad:

Arrgh man!

nobama
07-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy this wonderful sport once more after the dark ages have passed :).

He should be the favorite for the US Open now, with his Sampras-esque serve in tow. :D

EliSter
07-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Feel sorry for Nadal and his fans :( I can see already Olderer and his fans ejaculating , Novak to save tennis hopefully...

Looner
07-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I fear Tio Toni may get demoted or at the very least his bonus will be scrapped. He really has been underperforming in recent times :sad:.

Feel sorry for Nadal and his fans :( I can see already Olderer and his fans ejaculating , Novak to save tennis hopefully...

Don't worry dude, Roger's not letting Murray or Ferrer win the gold :).

ahadabans

You clearly aren't a tennis fan.

Andi-M
Rafa just doing what he got to do. He is hungry for grandslams, as much as he'd like to play the Olympics and represent his country he knows its not gonna be good for him in the long term and could properly hamper him for USO.

I reckon this is injury is real but exaggerated as a justification to withdraw from the olympics. If Rafa pulls out of USO i'll eat my words obviously - i sincerly hope he dosen't though GS are not the same without him.

Federer4Everer
07-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Skipping Oly and moving on to Toronto will not hurt Nadal one bit in terms of the race to year-end. Even at Oly, whatever points he would have gotten, would also have to deduct the 90 points from Doha

Surprised to see the tidal wave of Nadal haters! Wow...

Smoke944
07-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Shame. Not that I would have been rooting for him, but the tournament is much worse without him.

Looner
07-19-2012, 06:25 PM
You clearly aren't a tennis fan.

I very clearly am one and I hate cheaters. Next please, general Jefferson :).

I'm not even that happy about this as the machine will win Toronto with no competition. The asterisk has been readied already though.

Actually, now that I think about it, Nadal may see Toronto as the perfect opportunity to vulture a title off clay for the first time in 2 years :).

alfonsojose
07-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Good lord :help: :tape: They really need a bailout

shadows
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
What bad news for the event, quite a hit to lose one of your two most popular players (though I guess being in the UK losing murray would have probably been bigger).

Still, I'm sure Rafa will be fine and on tour straight after.

emotion
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
do i think he's likely injured? Yeah
Should people be suspicious? Absolutely, and especially if he plays rogers cup

Roger the Dodger
07-19-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm not even that happy about this as the machine will win Toronto with no competition. The asterisk has been readied already though.

Actually, now that I think about it, Nadal may see Toronto as the perfect opportunity to vulture a title off clay for the first time in 2 years :).

True. The Machine will now go into USO with hard-court titles to boot.

DJ Soup
07-19-2012, 06:32 PM
the reason why this got this kind of reaction where many are suspicious of his withdrawing and his injuries and doping and so forth is because

because Nadal earned a "the kid that cried wolf" kind of reputation.

samanosuke
07-19-2012, 06:33 PM
nadal tards doing it again. from " Fed can't be the Goat without winning the Olympics " to "smart decision, USO is much more important"

Allez
07-19-2012, 06:37 PM

:stupid:

ahadabans
07-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Surprised to see the tidal wave of Nadal haters! Wow...

Really? This place is venomous. I'm surprised you are surprised.

Most people here are fans of players not the sport.

ahadabans
07-19-2012, 06:43 PM

You can't hate on one of the best players in the last decade and be a fan of the sport. I'm sorry.

If you had a true appreciation of the sport, you would appreciate what Nadal has done and how talented he is.

I don't personally care much for Federer, but I never slam him and I can appreciate his tennis abilities because frankly they are otherworldly.

So I get not liking a player. But what you do goes far beyond that. And it means you do not truly understand or appreciate this sport.

outrider
07-19-2012, 06:45 PM
damn, his first round opponent lost a walking bye.

dencod16
07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
do i think he's likely injured? Yeah
Should people be suspicious? Absolutely, and especially if he plays rogers cup

Not really cause its 9 days after the start of the tournament and probably 10 or 11 days after the start as he will have a bye. almost 2 weeks that's enough time to recover.

Whiznot
07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
As much as I dislike Nadal's disgusting behavior I'm pissed that I'm deprived of enjoying the humble bull's defeat and humiliation another time. I guess I'll just have to cue up my Murray/Nadal Tokyo match where Rafa only won 4 points in the final set!

August
07-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Rafa withdrawing isn't too surprising, it was obvious USO is clearly more important than OG for him. In his career situation only slams matter, one Olympic gold is enough. Now he can well prepare for USO at Toronto and Cincinnati on DecoTurf.

Allez
On the plus side Rafa is going to be fully rested for the USO. As far as he is concerned that is where history beckons for him. He's already got an Olympic gold. No need to risk exacerbating his injuries.

It would have been awesome seeing him carry the flag in London though :sad: This is just terrible. You'd think something like the Olympics where our sport goes up against a multitude of other sports would bring MTF together to rally behind one of our own....but alas, MTF is a place of glory hunters and clowns :rolleyes:

abraxas21
nadal injured? my ass :lol:

good for tennis he ain't competing though

Commander Data
The Nadalhate is a bit disturbing but when we consider what the Nadaltards have posted during the years it is not a surprise to see this payback happening whenever the chance arises.

Sometimes. But less than 5% of tennis fans knows who are de doubles finalis in the last Wimbledon. Let's face it.

Its not the same, a gold medal is a gold medal end of story.

RForever
07-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Most people here are fans of players not the sport.

Because the best players are showing us how beatiful tennis can be... Would you be fan of the sport if somebody like Ramirez-Hidalgo was the best player? Or why most of us prefer ATP and not WTA tennis parody? The best players make the sport.

ahadabans
07-19-2012, 06:49 PM
nadal injured? my ass :lol:

good for tennis he ain't competing though

It's good for tennis that one of the best players in the last decade isn't competing at the olympics? You're an idiot.

Roamed
07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Some of the reactions in this thread :o There's no way Rafa will have taken this decision without serious thought. He may not have been the top favourite for the event, but nobody would ever turn down the chance to bear their country's flag for the first time lightly. Rafa has shown class by specifying that he is withdrawing in order to give someone else a chance to play and he should be praised for it.

If you're happy that Rafa has pulled out, why not just stay quiet about it instead of making things worse for his fans who are justifiably upset by this news.

August
07-19-2012, 06:59 PM
I wonder whether Rafa had made this kind of decision before 2008 OG. Now he already has OG win, then he wouldn't have had. On the other hand, then he wouldn't have had either USO title.

misty1
07-19-2012, 06:59 PM

like i said i think its unfortunate that he is hurt and that because of that he has to pull out.Everybody sahould have the chance to compete at the olympics if they earn it, its an honor

do i feel sorry for him? only a little bit in the sense of what i have posted above. But for various other reasons i dont

do i think he deserves to have all this talk of conspiracy and all the other crap in here done about him because of this? no.

henke007
07-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Now we def know why he lost to Rosol and Kohlschreiber after he won Rg with ease :sad:

Roger the Dodger
I don't see what the fuzz is? Nadal has already proven himself an Olympic champion. He has nothing to prove there unlike the other three. :shrug:

ServeVolley
All those years of grinding finally taking a toll... Early retirement on the horizon?

Ash86
07-19-2012, 07:03 PM
To all the idiot posters on MTF who think the guy's selfish or just didn't care, here's his statement:

"I am not in condition to compete in the London Olympics and therefore will not travel as planned with the Spanish delegation to take part in the Games. I have to think about my companions, I can't be selfish and I have to think of what's best for Spanish sport, especially tennis and Spanish players, and give fellow sportsmen with better preparation the chance to compete. Today is one of the saddest days of my career, as one of my biggest ambitions, that of being Spain's flagbearer at the London Olympics, cannot be. You can imagine how difficult it was to take this decision."

He could miss the competition as he's already got a medal - but to miss a chance to lead your country out in the ceremony? A once in a lifetime chance? A guy who cares so much? But no - he's still smarting from the Rosol loss - didn't mind skipping the ceremony etc. as long as he didn't lose again. :rolleyes: And he was right to think about whether he was really in a position to compete - because he's withdrawn his good friend Feliciano Lopez, a good grass player, can play in Singles and best friend Marc Lopez gets to experience an Olympic Games by playing with Granollers - no doubt he'll be happy for them.

And one more thing just as an example of how much the Games mean to him, watch from 20:50 of this Sky documentary broadcast this week - he loved the Olympics because of what it means for Sport in general and really it does baffle me that those who "hate his game", his "cheating" etc. can actually be happy about this - this is a young man who's had a terrible blow dealt to him. Sure he's had a lot of good things in his career, but this is surely one of the true lows:

EOE5ofdtVOU

Finally, another reason why missing this Olympics hurts so much -- Toni Nadal on Spanish radio saying Rafa is really affected by this as it was going to be most likely his last Olympics. :sad: Keep enjoying another person's misery I guess....

venky91
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM

No faith in your boy, huh.