Kohli really playing Kitzbühel? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kohli really playing Kitzbühel?

Mr.Michael
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Why is Kohli even playing there? Yes, obviously sponsors, but where is his pride? I mean day 1 of the Olympics is scheduled saturday and the final in Kitzbühel is also on saturday. What now? He plays and tanks in the quarters on thursday, then flies to England and practises on grass for a day. Didn't he complain something about the German Olympic committee and Tennis Federation and how important the Olympics are and he wants to play etc.? And yet he plays some shitty 250 tournament just days before the Olympics?

And he didn't play Stuttgart 250 right after Wimbledon. It would have made much more sense. And after all this guy is from Augsburg, which is pretty close to Stuttgart.:confused:

Well, obviously he can withdraw from Kitzbühel, but he seems to be the "big star" of the tournament right now.

misty1
07-18-2012, 05:44 PM
i would expect him to either tank early or withdraw. If he manages to make a run deep in hamburg for the first time i could definately see him pulling out

motorhead
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
he doesn't need to practise at all. suppose the final is scheduled at 1pm local time he can still catch a flight to London and be there for say 6pm London time. all he needs is Olympics orginizers to schedule his first match not to clash with the final.

Regards

nole_no1
07-18-2012, 06:36 PM
He will tank in the 1st round :p

STUHL
07-18-2012, 08:06 PM
He Signed up there when it looked like he wasn't going to make the olympics. I think he will withdraw.

Oh and Augsburg is much closer to Kitz than Stuttgart ;)

Mr.Michael
07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
He Signed up there when it looked like he wasn't going to make the olympics. I think he will withdraw.

"Much closer"? C'mon, don't bullshit me.:cool:

It's more or less the same, but he'll reach Stuttgart faster.

He hasn't played Stuttgart for two years. I wonder what's the problem this time. Probably Waske once again.

ThierryH
07-18-2012, 09:15 PM
I guess he will be there because of his doubles promotion.

JurajCrane
07-18-2012, 10:04 PM
He will withdraw, I think 99% chance.

outrider
07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Do not talk about things where you have no idea what you are talking about. Kohli can not withdraw because he signed a contract with Bet-at-home for the doubles competition "GAME OF YOUR LIFE"...he probably tanks in the first round (doubles he will lose for sure with a worse player on his side) ...

duong
07-18-2012, 10:35 PM
All players who take part in the Olympics have withdrawn recently when they realized that the Olympics start in the end of the previous week, the Olympics really have a bad impact on the other tournaments :sad:

JurajCrane
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
+1 that's what all players who take part in the Olympics have done because the Olympics start in the end of the previous week, the Olympics really have a bad impact on the other tournaments :sad:

Have to agree with that and date of the Olympics is just terrible.

I would like to have no Olympics, because there are players that should take London just as a few day stop for your country.

Hypnotize
07-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Why is Kohli even playing there? Yes, obviously sponsors, but where is his pride? I mean day 1 of the Olympics is scheduled saturday and the final in Kitzbühel is also on saturday. What now? He plays and tanks in the quarters on thursday, then flies to England and practises on grass for a day. Didn't he complain something about the German Olympic committee and Tennis Federation and how important the Olympics are and he wants to play etc.? And yet he plays some shitty 250 tournament just days before the Olympics?

And he didn't play Stuttgart 250 right after Wimbledon. It would have made much more sense. And after all this guy is from Augsburg, which is pretty close to Stuttgart.:confused:

Well, obviously he can withdraw from Kitzbühel, but he seems to be the "big star" of the tournament right now.
You have to feel for any tournament that has to make do with Kohli as their "big star". :facepalm:

DomachowskaDreamer
07-18-2012, 11:15 PM

OMG, are you dumb? :haha:

Kitz is over 200 km from Augsburg and Stuttgart only about 160 and only on the highway, to get to Kitz, you have to drive on some shitty roads...:bigwave:

Yves.
07-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Kitzbühel should have a Sunday start and Friday final!

misty1
07-18-2012, 11:59 PM
You have to feel for any tournament that has to make do with Kohli as their "big star". :facepalm:

why's that? you could sure do a hell of alot worse..look at los angeles

The Prince
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
why's that? you could sure do a hell of alot worse..look at los angeles

True, but he's not exactly going to sell the tournament. You could do a great deal better.

misty1
07-19-2012, 12:08 AM
True, but he's not exactly going to sell the tournament. You could do a great deal better.

yes you could but this is a guy kinocking on the top 20 playing this event the week before the olympics. Under the circumstances he's probably one of the best ones you could have gotten. I dont know many of the top 15 guys that would play this event..even ferrer and almagro are taking the week off