If Murray Won Wimbledon . . [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Murray Won Wimbledon . .

Backhand_Maestro
07-18-2012, 03:58 PM
How would the circuit be right now ?.

Would he have been a cert for USO ?

Paylu2007
07-18-2012, 04:00 PM
287 happy ppl now would be not that happy using their old pair of tennis shoes.

Fireballer
07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
people are such mugs here.Nadal wont lose in the 2nd round of US Open so no Murray would have no chances in the US Open and Fed has none too

Paylu2007
07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
people are such mugs here.Nadal wont lose in the 2nd round of US Open so no Murray would have no chances in the US Open and Fed has none too

why so bitter, SetSampy? I know that now that Fed is #1 and broke Pete's record, there is not many reasons to smile, but u can pretend at least :devil:

HKz
07-18-2012, 04:43 PM

facepalm.jpg

dencod16
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Djokovic would be number 1 still and Sampras will still have the record. And i dont think it will change his fave status at the US Open, his still 4th.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-18-2012, 06:12 PM
i think when andy wins that elusive first slam the flood gates will open
he just needs to get that monkey off his back

motorhead
07-18-2012, 06:15 PM
nice thread

Burrow
07-18-2012, 06:23 PM
why so bitter, SetSampy? I know that now that Fed is #1 and broke Pete's record, there is not many reasons to smile, but u can pretend at least :devil:

This member is certainly not "SetSampras".

RForever
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
i think when andy wins that elusive first slam the flood gates will open
he just needs to get that monkey off his back

Ni, it would not. He is not losing slam finals mentally, he is just not good enough, he has no weapons...

atennisfan
07-18-2012, 10:56 PM
This member is certainly not "SetSampras".

He is as muggy as setsampras though...

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
07-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Ni, it would not. He is not losing slam finals mentally, he is just not good enough, he has no weapons...

He had the weapons when he. Beat fed and nadal at Toronto
Then beat fed at shanghai 3,2

BroTree123
07-19-2012, 01:22 AM
SetSampras , don't worry, your beloved serve-bot was still a good player :hug:

juan77
07-19-2012, 01:27 AM
It would have been a great win for him, but there would still be a huge question mark over his ability to beat Nadal or Djokovic at a slam.

Fedex
07-19-2012, 06:22 AM

Yeah, Fed has no chance of winning a tournament he's won 5 times (compared to Nadal's 1) and been 1 point from the finals each of the last two years.

Litotes
07-19-2012, 07:04 AM

So you are basically recycling your prediction before Wimbledon, under the motto "If at first you don't succeed, try again". You could be right, of course, but "No chances" is certainly an exaggeration. And you know it. But you don't care, obviously. This forum, after all, is to a large extent a screaming match between different exaggerators. Some seems to think exaggerating as much as possible helps their particular favourites. Do you? Just curious.

Johnbert
07-19-2012, 07:52 AM

well, you also said no one will stop djokovic at wimby this year... :D

orangehat
07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
All hell would have broken loose.

As for the USO, they're rigging the draw to get Nadal a certain Czech player in the 2nd round.

Just have to make sure it's not Hajek.

EliSter
07-19-2012, 07:56 AM
So you are basically recycling your prediction before Wimbledon, under the motto "If at first you don't succeed, try again". You could be right, of course, but "No chances" is certainly an exaggeration. And you know it. But you don't care, obviously. This forum, after all, is to a large extent a screaming match between different exaggerators. Some seems to think exaggerating as much as possible helps their particular favourites. Do you? Just curious.

Im sorry and 20 GS for Federer isnt exaggerating also? I know Fedtards are high on this win but most of them are agreed that he can do it ? Fed is pretty much lock for USO and all titles till end of the year ? Like all of the sudden tennis before wimbledon didnt excists and Federer wasnt beaten on regular basis by Nadal and Novak ? Dont you thhink you are exaggerating also ? Dont judge other ppl, look at you and your fanbase first :rolleyes:

Johnbert
07-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Im sorry and 20 GS for Federer isnt exaggerating also?

well, i guess for you even 18 gs is exaggerating :smoke:

EliSter
07-19-2012, 08:09 AM
well, i guess for you even 18 gs is exaggerating :smoke:

2 weeks ago you were crying and wanting Federer to retire whenever he lose , 90% of Fedtards are glorihunters here with double standards. Anyways back on subject, i cant imagine Murray winning any slam let alone Wimbledon, so if he would won it few days ago i would prolly wake up or something.

Johnbert
07-19-2012, 08:16 AM
2 weeks ago you were crying and wanting Federer to retire whenever he lose

i can only speak for myself, i've never said fed should retire, that's just wrong.

Litotes
07-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Im sorry and 20 GS for Federer isnt exaggerating also? I know Fedtards are high on this win but most of them are agreed that he can do it ? Fed is pretty much lock for USO and all titles till end of the year ? Like all of the sudden tennis before wimbledon didnt excists and Federer wasnt beaten on regular basis by Nadal and Novak ? Dont you thhink you are exaggerating also ? Dont judge other ppl, look at you and your fanbase first :rolleyes:

I think it was clear from my post that I believe exaggerations occur on all sides of the debate. Both from Fed fans and Fed detractors, Nadal fans + detractors, and Nole fans + detractors.

If you have any complaint about me specifically exaggerating, please feel free to mention it, and I will debate the statement you are referring to.

Orka_n
07-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Im sorry and 20 GS for Federer isnt exaggerating also? I know Fedtards are high on this win but most of them are agreed that he can do it ? Fed is pretty much lock for USO and all titles till end of the year ? Like all of the sudden tennis before wimbledon didnt excists and Federer wasnt beaten on regular basis by Nadal and Novak ? Dont you thhink you are exaggerating also ? Dont judge other ppl, look at you and your fanbase first :rolleyes:The one rambling on the most about Fed winning 20 slams is Clay Death, who is a nadaltard. Most fedtards don't believe that will happen. Wake up already.